Who is this Jesus?

Viewing 20 posts - 4,061 through 4,080 (of 4,516 total)
  • Author
    Miia
    Participant

Thanks Gene. I’ve always liked your manner towards others, and know you love God. Speak to Jesus sometimes though, please 🙂

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,

You warn others about swallowing lies then preach one

“Kerwin……come on, spirits impute their intellects to who ever they live in. How can say they have no intellect and then say tbey change our intellects, how do they change our ibtellects if not by transfering theirs to us?

So what do you think SPIRITS ARE AND DO, KERWIN?”

Why?

davidH
    Participant

Gene,

This is my thoughts on the ‘job’ of jesus as in the glorified, resurrected personage.

Seeing as He was our sacrifice, as in him in our place.  Father sees us as jesus, our sins forgiven as jesus, the Son of God, in in our place being in Christ. God see jesus white robes not our rags, so the hears our prayers, BUT as jesus the man said ” if you have anything against man or God, My Father WILL NOT hear you.

kerwin
    Participant

Gene,

Spirits are the desires that urge us to act. That is why the fruits of the Spirit are actions, even when they are those actions are words, phantasies, or the set of one’s mind.

kerwin
    Participant

DavidH,

Your last post implies that God is fooled into believing we are righteous which is not true.

You forget that those who live by the Spirit of Christ do not sin.

You also forget that Jesus states that a Son sets believers truly free of serving sin and anyone who sin is not free from sin.

It is about faith. If you follow all of Jesus’ teachings and so believe you will come to stop sinning then you will be credited with not sinning even before you stop sinning as you persevere in that belief.

A true Christian does not have his dirty rags hid by Jesus’ righteousness but rather has learned or is learning to wear the Spirit of Christ at all times. The old self is the one who wears dirty rags.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin…..all desires come from our minds and that is from our intellects, spirit supply their intellects into us and cause us to be moved in their directions. even God’s spirit does that in us. The spirit of truth also imputed it.s cognisity into us and that increases our intellectual perceptions of the truth.

You can not separate a spirit from effecting our intellects. Common sense should tell you that.

peace and love to you and yours……………….gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..So tell us what Spirits are then? O WISE ONE. Tell us how spirits do not have anything to do with our intellects nor effect them in any way, Surely ‘YOU’ can tell us RIGHT?

peace and love to you and yours……………..gene

Proclaimer
    Participant

Gene, God is spirit and he is the Father. Does his intellect have more to do with him as the Father or as him being the spirit. I would argue that his spirit has more to do with his essense while being God or the Father has more to do with his mind.

davidH
    Participant

Kerwin

Here you plainly show you have NO IDEA of the redemption Plan of Father. He chose to sacrifice his son in OUR PLACE so that through His Son we are righteous.  If you just follow jesus teaching you become religious.  That way you don’t have a realationship with the father. as jesus said “they may know you the only true God, and jesus Christ your son” the word ‘know’ is to know intimately.  Kerewin, really with some of the stuff you put up. im wondering who has taught/deleuded you

davidH
    Participant

Kerwin

you said

It is about faith. If you follow all of Jesus’ teachings and so believe you will come to stop sinning then you will be credited with not sinning even before you stop sinning as you persevere in that belief.

A true Christian does not have his dirty rags hid by Jesus’ righteousness but rather has learned or is learning to wear the Spirit of Christ at all times. The old self is the one who wears dirty rags.

so your faith is by works and not grace. , So are going to boast you became sinless by your own persevering?  When I ask something of father, if I have nothing against Him or fellow man The Son of God in in my place ,that’s what his sacrifice is for. if you didn’t know.  He stands as my advocate before a Holy God thts why Father can therefore hear me and answer my prayers and commune with me.  I hope for your sake to understand more of the redemptive sacrifice of the Son of God

Miia
    Participant

So, in conclusion, prayer and fellowship with the son of God is scriptural. It is not just a name we use at the beginning or end of prayer.

“That which we have seen and heard we proclaim also to you, so that you too may have fellowship with us; and indeed our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son Jesus Christ.” (1John 1).

Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him. Judas (not Iscariot) said to him, “Lord, how is it that you will manifest yourself to us, and not to the world?” Jesus answered him, “If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.“” (John 14:20)

If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it. (John 14.14)

I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life. And this is the confidence that we have toward him (the son of God), that if we ask anything according to his (the son of God’s) will he (the son of God) hears us. And if we know that he (the son of God) hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him (the son of God).(1 John 5.13 – Italics my own)

And as they were stoning Stephen, he called out, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.” And falling to his knees he cried out with a loud voice, “Lord, do not hold this sin against them.” And when he had said this, he fell asleep (Acts 7.59)

With all those who in every place call upon the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, both their Lord and ours. (1Cor 1.2)

He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming quickly.” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.” (Revelations 22:20)

And much more.

Even the non trinitarian Biblical Unitarians agree. Please see link.

http://www.biblicalunitarian.com/articles/jesus-christ/can-we-pray-to-jesus-christ

Miia
    Participant

We all sin (Romans 3:23), when we do we have an advocate with the Father (1John 2:1).

That is not to mean that we continue on in sin (1John 3:9). As we grow we learn more, we change.

Miia
    Participant

Hi Gene,
    You said

SATAN TRAP, he wants us to think JESUS IS DIFFERENT THEN WE ARE

But, the son of God IS different than we are.
    For one he had no sin, for two he had no human father, and for three he was resurrected from the dead and was changed.

What do you think he was changed in to?
    Do you think he is still like us?

Miia
    Participant

@GeneBalthrop

What do you think he was changed in to?
    Do you think he is still like us?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Miia……Jesus was not changed into anything, he is still a Son of Man, where in scripture does it say he was changed into someone, or something else. That is all i see was he was resurected from the grave with a flesh and bone body, and was taken up into heaven with it.

We all have that same potential as JESUS, we are accounted as heirs and joint heirs with him, scripture says “until, we “all” come to the stature and “FULL” measure of Christ Jesus.” Miia, make a study of Heb 2:5-9 and remember it is talking about mankind, not just JESUS, WHO IS TO HAVE “ALL” things put under his (mankinds) feet.

Jesus himself does not think he is different them we are , so why should we think he is different Then us? Miia, we all have the exact same potential with the FATHER AS JESUS HAS, REMEMBER God The Father is no respector of persons, that not only includes us but Jesus also. Jesus does have his unique possition given him by the father in the houshold of God, but that position does not make him any more important to God the Father then we are. What the Father did in JESUS HE CAN ALLSO DO “in” US IF HE PLEASES TO. IMO

peace and love to you and yours. ……………..gene

Miia
    Participant

hi Gene, Jesus does have a higher position than us (you said unique – true. but what do you mean by unique?). he is different than us because he can be anywhere he wants to be in spirit at any time, and he can answer our requests if it is in his will and much more.  do you believe this?

davidH
    Participant

Just a quick question, based on an observation,  Did the resurrected Jesus in his fleshly form have blood,?  he told Thomas to put his hand in the side and the palms, but no blood was mentioned. and the slain lamb in the OT had to have the blood drained before offering.  Just a thought

Miia
    Participant

Just a quick question, based on an observation,  Did the resurrected Jesus in his fleshly form have blood,?  he told Thomas to put his hand in the side and the palms, but no blood was mentioned. and the slain lamb in the OT had to have the blood drained before offering.  Just a thought

hi David, i’m not sure.

he must have.

Hebrews 9.11

But when Christ appeared as a high priest of the good things that have come, then through the greater and more perfect tent (not made with hands, that is, not of this creation) he entered once for all into the holy places, not by means of the blood of goats and calves but by means of his own blood, thus securing an eternal redemption. For if the blood of goats and bulls, and the sprinkling of defiled persons with the ashes of a heifer, sanctify for the purification of the flesh, how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without blemish to God, purify our conscience from dead works to serve the living God.

Hebrews 9.23
    Thus it was necessary for the copies of the heavenly things to be purified with these rites, but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these. For Christ has entered, not into holy places made with hands, which are copies of the true things, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God on our behalf. Nor was it to offer himself repeatedly, as the high priest enters the holy places every year with blood not his own, for then he would have had to suffer repeatedly since the foundation of the world. But as it is, he has appeared once for all at the end of the ages to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by Admin.
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Miia…..you must not have read the scriptures i ask you to read in HEBREWS 2:8-9, “BUT “now” WE DO NOT “YET” SEE ALL THINGS UNDER HIM (mankind)”, but we see Jesus who was made a little lower then the angels (just like us) for the tasting of death, NOW crowned with glory and honor, that by the GRACE “OF” GOD, should taste death for every man. THIS GLORY AND HONOR AND AUTHORITY IS RESERVED FOR US ALSO JUST AS IT WAS FOR JESUS. WE ARE “JOINT HEIRS” OF ALL THINGS WITH JESUS. The wrath of God is on all who make JESUS INTO AN IDOL OR THEIR GOD. BECAREFUL NOT TO FALL INTO A IDOLATREOUS RELATIONSHIP WITH THE FATHER, PREVOKING HIM TO WRATH.

I am afraid you are still pushing Jesus away from you personal idenity with him Miia, because Jesus has “NOW” RECIEVED THAT GLORY AN HONOR RESERVED FOR ALL MANKIND, DOES NOT MAKE HIM DIFFERENT, BECAUSE THIS SAME GLORY AND HONOR IS ALSO AFFORDED US ALL. JESUS IS UNIQUE, JUST AS YOU AND EVERY HUMAN IN EXISTENCE IS. OUR PRESEDENT HAS A POSITION THAT IS DIFFERENT THEN OURS, DOES THAT MAKE HIM DIFFERENT THEN WE ARE as a being, no it does not, he is still a human being, while his position is UNIQUELY different, his being is not. THIS IS TRUE IN EVERY FAMILY, EVEN THE FAMILY OF GOD. Be careful, you are not IDOLIZING JESUS, WE ARE TO HONOR JESUS “TO” THE GLORY “OF THE FATHER”.

peace and love to you and yours. ……………gene

kerwin
    Participant

DavidH,

so your faith is by works and not grace

I live and exist by the grace so all I do only because of his grace.  Therefore those that have faith, have it only because of the grace of God.  It is living faith that gives birth to the fruit of the Spirit.

So your religion is  is salvation by works and not grace, so are going to boast you became sinless by your own persevering?

I assume this edited version of your words is what you really meant to say.

James already addressed your point as he teaches us faith without works is dead.  Those who believe in God but do not seek to stop sinning are no different that the demons, who even knowing God exists, continue to sin.     These demons faith is so great that they know in their heart that Jesus was raised from the dead.   Despite this their faith is dead.  We are not to be like them.

There is nothing to boast about as the sole duty of humanity is to serve God.  All a Christian can say is I did my job.

When I ask something of father, if I have nothing against Him or fellow man The Son of God in in my place ,that’s what his sacrifice is for. if you didn’t know.

That is not what Scripture says.  It teaches us that he mediates between believers and God and even gives and example of what mediate means when Jesus tells us the parable of the fruitless fig tree and the gardener who interceded on its behave with the landowner(Luke 13:6-9).  The landowner was angry because the fig tree had bore no fruit over a time and the intercessor pleated for it to be given three time as he gave it special care in order that it would then produce fruit.  If despite that special effort it did not produce fruit it would still be destroyed.  God is the owner of the fig tree and Jesus is the dresser of the vineyard.

I do not see where your teaching agrees with that teaching.

Viewing 20 posts - 4,061 through 4,080 (of 4,516 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account