Who is this Jesus?

Viewing 20 posts - 4,041 through 4,060 (of 4,516 total)
  • Author
    bodhitharta
    Participant

@miia

All,
    I’m not a trinitarian (or binitarian). I don’t believe that Jesus is God, or that the there’s three (or two) Gods in one. But I do believe in having a living relationship with the son of God. If we don’t, it will be to late, and he can then say “I never knew you”, despite all we might do ” in his name “.

BTW, we can do things “in his name” as scripture says, but you have to understand what that means. It does not mean asking something finished with “in Jesus name”. It includes prayer to heal people with the power of Jesus with and in agreement with us, as scripture says.

And Gene, why would you say I am making an idol of Jesus? Do you not love the son? This thread is about Jesus.

And Gene, also, Muslims need the son to lead to the Father. They don’t need another delusion.

You seem to get stronger in your understanding all the time, if you purify the LANGUAGE you will see the truth.

Isaiah 40:28
    Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.

Had Allah wished to take to Himself a son, He could have chosen whom He pleased out of those whom He doth create: but Glory be to Him! (He is above such things.) He is Allah, the One, the irresistible.

( سورة الزمر , Az-Zumar, Chapter #39, Verse #4)

) Allah is He, than Whom there is no other god;- the Sovereign, the Holy One, the Source of Peace (and Perfection), the Guardian of Faith, the Preserver of Safety, the Exalted in Might, the irresistible, the Supreme: Glory to Allah! (High is He) above the partners they attribute to Him.

( سورة الحشر , Al-Hashr, Chapter #59, Verse #23)

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

“descended on and stayed” does not mean “anointed by”.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Do you not think so.

mt3.17

“and behold the heavens were opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove coming upon him”

Lk322

“and the Holy Spirit descended upon him in bodily form like a dove.”

Acts 10.38

..God anointed him with the Holy Spirit..

Miia
    Participant

Hi Bd, truth is in the scriptures!

but thanks.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……OK, spirits transfer their intellects to our minds, can you understand that?

peace and love to you and yours. ……………….gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin…….You do believe THE WORD CHRIST DOES MEAN THE MESSIAH, WHICH MEANS THE ANOINTED ONE RIGHT? If you believe that, then when was he anointed If not at the JORDAN RIVER? IS THAT NOT WHEN THE SPIRIT DECENDED ON HIM? IS THAT NOT WHEN AFTER THAT HE WAS SENT INTO THE WILDERNESS BY THE SPIRIT TO BE TESTED? WAS IT NOT AFTER THAT, HE WAS SENT OUT INTO THE WORLD TO PREACH THE GOSPEL OF THE KINGDOM OF GOD?

peace and love to you and yours. ……………..gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Miia…..We do go to GOD THROUGH THE DOOR WHICH IS Jesus, but we first go to JESUS BY THE POWER OF GOD THE FATHER. No one truly goes to JESUS without the father drawing him. DO YOU REALLY THINK A PERSON CAN JUST TALK ABOUT JESUS AND EXCLUDE THE FATHER AND STILL BE EXCEPPTED by JESUS AND GOD THE FATHER? EVERYTHING JESUS DID WAS TO GLORIFY THE FATHER. Just as he said, “I HAVE GLORIFIED “YOU” ON THE EARTH”, IF WE HAVE A TRUE RELATIONSHIP WITH THE FATHER THAT RELATIONSHIP IS NOT THE SAME AS WITH JESUS. OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH JESUS IS AS A BROTHER, WHO HAS BEEN GIVEN AUTHORITY BY GOD OUR FATHER OVER THE HOUSEHOLD OF GOD. OUR REATIONSHIP WITH THE FATHER IS GREATER. I AM NOT SAYING WE SHOULD NOT HAVE A TRUE RELATIONSHIP WITH JESUS, What i am saying it cannot be to the EXCLUSION OF THE FATHER. IMO

• This reply was modified 9 years, 5 months ago by Admin.
    kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

You are jumping to the conclusion that when the spirit ascended and stayed on Jesus

It does not follow that the time Jesus was anointed by the Spirit was the same time that the Spirit ascended and stayed on him. John told us that the Spirit descended and stayed on Jesus as a sign to him that Jesus is the Christ.

Jesus told us that “you will know them by their fruit” and Jesus’ fruit was the fruit of the Spirit from the point he had the ability to manifest fruit of any kind.

kerwin
    Participant

Gene,

He was anointed by the Spirit by the time first bore the fruit of the Spirit and that was when he first bore any fruit.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,

‘Nick……OK, spirits transfer their intellects to our minds, can you understand that?”

Really GB

Where is it WRITTEN?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

The first time that Jesus is said to be led by the Spirit is immediately after the Jordan

Lk4.1

mt 4.1

Coincidence do you think?

Miia
    Participant

Miia…..We do go to GOD THROUGH THE DOOR WHICH IS Jesus, but we first go to JESUS BY THE POWER OF GOD THE FATHER. No one truly goes to JESUS without the father drawing him. DO YOU REALLY THINK A PERSON CAN JUST TALK ABOUT JESUS AND EXCLUDE THE FATHER AND STILL BE EXCEPPTED by JESUS AND GOD THE FATHER? EVERYTHING JESUS DID WAS TO GLORIFY THE FATHER. Just as he said, “I HAVE GLORIFIED “YOU” ON THE EARTH”, IF WE HAVE A TRUE RELATIONSHIP WITH THE FATHER THAT RELATIONSHIP IS NOT THE SAME AS WITH JESUS. OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH JESUS IS AS A BROTHER, WHO HAS BEEN GIVEN AUTHORITY BY GOD OUR FATHER OVER THE HOUSEHOLD OF GOD. OUR REATIONSHIP WITH THE FATHER IS GREATER. I AM NOT SAYING WE SHOULD NOT HAVE A TRUE RELATIONSHIP WITH JESUS, What i am saying it cannot be to the EXCLUSION OF THE FATHER. IMO

Hi Gene,

Who said it was to the exclusion of God the Father?

Miia
    Participant

OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH JESUS IS AS A BROTHER, WHO HAS BEEN GIVEN AUTHORITY BY GOD OUR FATHER OVER THE HOUSEHOLD OF GOD.

But you don’t speak to him, Gene. Or do you?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Miia……Actually I do not pray or speak to him, I have ask the FATHER in his name before, when I speak to the FATHER, I SIMPLY SPEAK TO HIM, I DO honor Jesus, “TO THE GLORY OF THE FATHER”. I do feel a sense of indebtedness to Jesus, for his sacrifice and service and example to us who are in the household of GOD OUR FATHER. I believe we should all live as Our brother Jesus did,in obedience to the FATHER.

peace and love to you and yours. …………….gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..ROM 12:2…..AND BE NOT CONFORMED TO THIS WORLD: BUT BE YOU TRANSFORMED, HOW?, BY THE “RENEWING”OF YOUR “MIND”, that you may “PROVE” WHAT IS GOOD, AND ACCEPTABLE, AND “PERFECT”, “WILL” OF GOD.

SO Nick how does you view of spirit work, to exclude the “intellect” ?

peace and love to you and yours. …………………gene

kerwin
    Participant

Gene,

The Spirit works on the intellect but it not intellect.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Hi KW,

The first time that Jesus is said to be led by the Spirit is immediately after the Jordan

Lk4.1

mt 4.1fe

Coincidence do you think?

I know that I am taught that you will know them by their fruits and Jesus bore the fruits of the spirit his whole life, not just after the Spirit landed on him and stayed.

I also know that just because the first time we are told that Jesus was led by the Spirit does not mean it was the first time he was led by the Spirit.

His fruits are what convince me.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin……come on, spirits impute their intellects to who ever they live in. How can say they have no intellect and then say tbey change our intellects, how do they change our ibtellects if not by transfering theirs to us?

So what do you think SPIRITS ARE AND DO, KERWIN?

peace and love to you and yours. ………….gene

Miia
    Participant

Miia……Actually I do not pray or speak to him, I have ask the FATHER in his name before, when I speak to the FATHER, I SIMPLY SPEAK TO HIM, I DO honor Jesus, “TO THE GLORY OF THE FATHER”. I do feel a sense of indebtedness to Jesus, for his sacrifice and service and example to us who are in the household of GOD OUR FATHER. I believe we should all live as Our brother Jesus did,in obedience to the FATHER.

peace and love to you and yours. …………….gene

Hi Gene. It is sad that you don’t speak to him.

How do you view Jesus right now, regarding power and presence etc?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Miia……I BELIEVE YOU ARE A TRUE WORSHIPER OF GOD THE FATHER, AND ARE A SISTER TO JESUS OUR BROTHER WHO DIED FOR US ALL, IF TALKING TO HIM WORKS FOR YOU THEN IT WORKS, I WAS JUST RELATING MY EXPERIENCE TO YOU SIS. YOU SOUND LIKE YOU ARE HAPPY IN YOUR WALK TO ME ,JESUS DOES STAND IN FOR US IN THE FATHERS HOUSEHOLD. ACCKNOWLEDGING HIM CERTIANLY DOES NOT MEANYOU ARE WORSHIPING HIM. IMO

peace and love to you and yours. ………………gene

Viewing 20 posts - 4,041 through 4,060 (of 4,516 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account