Who is this Jesus?

Viewing 20 posts - 4,021 through 4,040 (of 4,516 total)
  • Author
    bodhitharta
    Participant

Amen

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Mila,

There is one Spirit.

Jesus taught about the essential Spirit of Christ.

But then he also spoke of the Spirit of truth from the Father.

The details of the differences between the HELPERS are all in Jn 14-16.

Again when we are called to give testimony he spoke of the Father speaking through us.

But the Spirit is one.

Miia
    Participant

thanks Nick. I value your opinion sometimes (:

Miia
    Participant

Gene I have not said Jesus is God or “a God” though I did wonder at the beginning of this thread.

I know the Father is the Father and only true God, as Jesus said.
    but I believe that in order to know the son, (the only way to the Father), we need to talk to him, and that is prayer (isn’t it?)

Jesus was a man like us, but he had no sin.
    because he was like us in every way and suffered and was tempted, he can understand us and we can speak to him.

scripture clearly shows the early church praying/talking to Jesus. but you consider that wrong. was Stephen wrong was Paul wrong, was John wrong, etc?

does Jesus have any special abilities or power now, iyo?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Mila,

We can commune with the Father and the Son in the one Spirit.

2cor 13.14

Jn14.23

1Jn 1.3

2Jn9

Eph 2.18

Eph 3.14-19

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Miia…….PRAY to the FATHER AS JESUS INSTRUCTED US TO, EVEN IF WE ASK IN HIS NAME WE ARE TO PRAY TO THE FATHER. WE ARE BROUGHT TO JESUS BY GOD THE FATHER, HIMSELF. Remember, “no man “CAN” COME UNTO ME EXCEPT THE FATHER “DRAW” HIM. IT IS THE FATHER WHO. REAVEALS THE TRUTH TO US, remember what he told PETER. The same applies to us.

THE FATHER CAN DO THE SAME WORKS IN AND THROUGH US AS HE DID JESUS, AND EVEN MORE. Remember WHAT JESUS SAID, those who believed on him would do greater things then he did. You must come to identify with JESUS ON THE SAME LEVEL, OF HUMANITY AS YOU ARE, EVEN IF HE HAS GREATER ATHOURITY THEN WE NOW HAVE, HE IS ABOVE ALL THINGS A HUMAN BEING, ALWAYS WAS AND ALWAYS WILL BE. HE HAS ONLY ONE GOD AND THAT ONE GOD IS OUR ONE GOD, ALL OTHERS TO TEACH OTHER TRUE GODS ARE LIARS, AND IDOLATAR’S AND NOT OF THE TRUTH. IMO

peace and love to you and yours. …………….gene

Miia
    Participant

But you are missing the point Gene.

If Jesus is supposed to be your Lord, your King, your Head, your Judge, your Redeemer, your Mediator, your Savior, your Friend, your Brother, and the Way the Truth and the Life, how come you don’t speak to him? That’s a bit rude isn’t it?

“In that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works IN YOUR NAME?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I NEVER KNEW YOU…”

Miia
    Participant

We can commune with the Father and the Son in the one Spirit.

2cor 13.14

Jn14.23

1Jn 1.3

2Jn9

Eph 2.18

Eph 3.14-19

Thanks Nick, I will take a look at those scripture later.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Miia…..PART OF YOU ANSWER IS EXACTLY WHAT I BELIEVE, JESUS DID SAY CLEARLY “many will come in my name, saying i am (THIS AND THAT), and decieve many”. Mamy preach JESUS, AS THE LORD, MASTER, SAVOIR, JUDGE, KING, REDEEMER AND every thing you mentioned,(except the humble HUMAN servant of his Father who is GOD, so where does the FATHER FIT IN YOUR LIFE, SEENING YOU GIVE JESUS ALL THE CREDIT FOR EVERYTHING.

LET ME STATE CLEARLY, I HAVE “ONLY” ONE TRUE SAVIOR, ONE TRUE LORD (ADONIA), ONE TRUE REDEEMER, ONE TRUE KING, ONE TRUE ROCK, ONE TRUE GOD, AND NO MATTER WHO GOD THE FATHER USES, TO BRING ABOUT “HIS” PURPOSES, I WILL ALWAYS GIVE “HIM” THE CREDIT, FOR WHAT HE IS DOING, NO MATTER WHO HE DOES IT THROUGH, MOSES, JESUS, THE PROPHETS, OR AMYONE OR THING ELSE. I give honor to JESUS TO THE GLORY OF GOD THE FATHER, NOT TO THE GLORY OF JESUS. JESUS SHALL BE GLORIFIED IN ME, BECAUSE I RECONIZE HIS ACCOMPLISHMENTS HE ATTAINED THROUGH THE POWER AND WILL OF GOD FATHER. You need to adjust your priorities Miia, IMO

1John 5:5:19-21……AND WE KNOW THAT WE ARE OF GOD, AND THE WHOLE WORLD LIES IN WICKEDNESS. 20, AND WE KNOW THAT THE SON OF GOD IS COME, AND HAS GIVEN US AN UNDERSTANDING, THAT WE MAY KNOW THE TRUTH, AND WE ARE IN HIM (GOD) THAT IS TURE, EVEN IN HIS SON JESUS CHRIST, THIS IS THE “TRUE”GOD, AND ETERNAL LIFE. 21, LITTLE CHILDERN, KEEP YOURSELVES FROM “IDOLS” AMEN.

MIIA, has our BROTHER JESUS BECOME YOUR IDOL, Or should he be our “example”, isn’t it enough that the student become as the teacher is?

peace and love to you and yours. ………………gene

• This reply was modified 9 years, 5 months ago by Admin.
    kerwin
    Participant

Miia,

There are many individuals in a kingdom and only a few get the privilege of speaking to the king. Jesus is not all present but we have his spirit to comfort us. He communicates to believers by his Spirit, which is God’s Spirit.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Miia……GOD’S SPIRIT I NOT JESUS’ SPIRIT, JESUS HAS HIS OWN SPIRIT, JUST AS WE HAVE, HE COMMENDED IT TO GOD WHEN HE WAS ABOUT TO DIE. GOD THE FATHER, WHO IS Spirit was “IN” Jesus, reconciling the whole world unto “HIMSELF”. None of that ever made Jesus the spirit of GOD THAT WAS “IN” HIM. ALL GLORY BELONGS THE THE FATHER, WITHOUT HIM “NOTHING” COULD HAVE EVER BEEN DONE. WE MUST ALL COME TO SEE IT WAS THE FATHER IN JESUS WHO WAS DOING THE WORKS, JESUS TOOK NO CREDIT, AS JESUS SAID, “the son of man can do “nothing” of himself, the FATHER “IN” ME “HE” DOES THE WORKS.

Watch that you do not rob PETER AND PAY PAUL, as the saying goes, make sure you do not rob GOD THE FATHER AND PAY JESUS. JESUS IS GOD’S WORKMANSHIP CREATED UNTO GOOD WORKS, SO ARE ALL TRUE BELIEVERS, who have the spirit of the FATHER “IN” them. IMO

peace and love to you and yours. ………………..gene

• This reply was modified 9 years, 5 months ago by Admin.
    kerwin
    Participant

Gene,

I did not say Jesus did not have his own human spirit. I said his Spirit is God’s Spirit. The human spirit and God’s Spirit are two different spirits. That is why Paul speaks of our spirit bearing witness with the Spirit in Romans 8:16. God’s Spirit is called the Spirit of Christ or a similar name because it is posses by Jesus and he is the one by whom other believers receive it.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

And he received the Spirit of anointing at the Jordan.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin…….SORRY i was meaning that post to go to Miia, but you did say HE (JESUS) COMUNICATES TO BELIEVERS BY “HIS” SPIRIT WHICH “IS” GOD’S SPIRIT. THAT is not true, also the comforter is not Jesus spirit either, it is THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH GIVEN TO US BY THE FATHER, THIS SPIRIT WAS ALSO IN JESUS THROUGH THE ANOINTING HE HAD RECIEVED. We should not mix up the “CHRISTOS” WITH THE MAN JESUS, AS MANY SO-CALLED “CHRISTIANS” DO. That is the cause of much confusion IN CHRISTAINITY, which leads to the worshiping the man JESUS AS A GOD. IMO

It maybe a question of semantics BETWEEN US KERWIN, because i think you already know this.

peace and love to you and yours. ……………gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To all…… Look we have BD a MOSLUM here, one of the biggest complaints they have against christianity is this idea that we believe in more then one GOD, BY MAKING THE MAN JESUS ALSO A GOD, THAT IS A LEGIMATE COMPLAINT THEY HAVE, BUT WE WHO ARE OF THE TRUTH KNOW JESUS IS NO GOD, EVEN THOUGH WE ARE CHRISTIANS, “WE” HAVE STRONG SCRIPTURAL ACCURACY IN MANY SCRIPTURES THAT HE ALSO BELIEVES IN, AND WE HAVE SHOWN HIM WHERE ISLAM DOES TEACH SOME FALSE CONCEPTS ALSO. SO MAYBE HE WILL COME TO SEE WHILE ISLAM IS ON THE EXTREME LEFT AND SO-CALLED CHRISTIANITY THE EXTREME RIGHT, MAYBE HE CAN COME TO SEE WE ARE IN THE TRUE WAY, WE ARE NEITHER REPRESENTIVES OF MODERN CHRISENDOM NOR ISLAM, MAYBE HE WILL COME TO SEE WE HAVE A MORE EXCELLENT WAY, Something to pray about. IMO

peace and love to you all and yours. ………………gene

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

And he received the Spirit of anointing at the Jordan.

No, Scripture states differently as John tells us of the sign he was forewarned would occur with these words “Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.” (John 1:33)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Yes the anointed Jesus baptises with the Holy Spirit.

He was identified as the one at the Jordan whom the Spirit descended on.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,

And if you stopped making silly unscriptural things like SPIRIT IS INTELLECT that may help too.

Miia
    Participant

All,
    I’m not a trinitarian (or binitarian). I don’t believe that Jesus is God, or that the there’s three (or two) Gods in one. But I do believe in having a living relationship with the son of God. If we don’t, it will be to late, and he can then say “I never knew you”, despite all we might do ” in his name “.

BTW, we can do things “in his name” as scripture says, but you have to understand what that means. It does not mean asking something finished with “in Jesus name”. It includes prayer to heal people with the power of Jesus with and in agreement with us, as scripture says.

And Gene, why would you say I am making an idol of Jesus? Do you not love the son? This thread is about Jesus.

And Gene, also, Muslims need the son to lead to the Father. They don’t need another delusion.

Miia
    Participant

I read your verses, thanks Nick. Fellowship with the Father and the Son.

Viewing 20 posts - 4,021 through 4,040 (of 4,516 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account