Who is this Jesus?

Viewing 20 posts - 4,001 through 4,020 (of 4,516 total)
  • Author
    Miia
    Participant

You can and should love anyone. You can speak to those God brings into your life in such a way as to allow speech.

Worship is much more than that. I do it but I am not sure I can describe it. The Webster’s online dictionary speaks of respect and admiration but that falls far short of the meaning of worship.

The words “One cannot live on food alone, but on the very utterance that comes from the mouth of God”. Jesus is God chosen messenger and mediator.

Kerwin, worship does seem hard to define.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Miia…..FIRST OF ALL WHERE DID I “EVER” SAY Jesus was the abomnation that makes desolate. I never say that nor implied it, what i said was the “FALSE” “IMAGE” OF JESUS BEING A “GOD, IS THE ABOMNATION THAT MAKES DESOLATE. PLEASE DO NOT MISQUOTE ME I HAVE ENOUGH OF THAT HERE ALREADY. I HAVE NEVER PRAYED TO JESUS AND HAD A PRAYER ANSWERED TO MY RECOLECTION, I HAVE PRAYED TO GOD THE FATHER, LIKE JESUS DID AND HAVE HAD MANY,MANY PRAYERS ANSWERED THOUGH, I HAVE ALSO PRAYED IN HIS MANE, BUT NOT TO HIM. I HAVE A GOD AND HE IS THE “ONLY” “TRUE” GOD TO ME. Jesus is NOT HIM.

Why should we pray to the servant our brother, when we have been given access by him to the FATHER HIMSELF. Jesus is INDEED THE DOOR, but once i walked through that door, i am NOW IN THE HOUSEHOLD of GOD AND HAVE ACCESS TO THE FATHER HIMSELF. NOW “IF”, THE FATHERS SPIRIT ABIDES “IN” ME, HE IS NEY UNTO ME, HE IS PRESENT WITH ME, HE REAVEALS THE TRUTH TO ME through his spirit he has given me. While i do not have the same authority as JESUS MY BROTHER DOES, I STILL AM A SON OF GOD ALSO, JUST AS HE IS. WE, ME AND MY BROTHER JESUS HAVE ONLY “ONE” TRUE GOD, ALL OTHER SO CALLED GOD’S ARE FALSE GOD’S, TO US THAT IS.

Remember what PAUL SAID , “TELL ME THIS, HE WHO WORKS MIRACLES AMONG YOU , DOES HE DO IT BY WORKS OF LAW OR BY THE HEARING OF YOUR “FAITH”, THE “ONLY” MIRACLE WORKER IS GOD THE FATHER. JESUS WAS ANOTHER TYPE OF MOSES ONLY WITH GREATER AUTHORITY, BUT AS MOSES, GOD THE FATHER DID “ALL” THE MIRACLES EVERYONE OF THEM, EVEN SO WITH JESUS THE CHRIST.

MIIA……..STRAIGHTEN OUT YOUR PRIORITIES and YOU WILL HAVE MORE SECESS IN PRAYER. IMO

PEACE and love to you and yours. …………gene

Miia
    Participant

Gene, according to your beliefs, prayer should never be to Jesus. But according to scripture, the early church DID pray to Jesus. Here are a few examples.

Stephen sees the Father and Jesus. He prays to Jesus.

And as they were stoning Stephen, he called out, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.” And falling to his knees he cried out with a loud voice, “Lord, do not hold this sin against them.” And when he had said this, he fell asleep (Acts 7.59)

We can ask anything of Jesus. If according to his will he will do it.

If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it. (John 14.14)

I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life. And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him. (1 John 5.13)

The early church called on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

With all those who in every place call upon the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, both their Lord and ours. (1Cor 1.2)

Who did Paul entreat?

Concerning this I entreated the Lord three times that it might depart from me. And He has said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.” (2 Cor 12.7)

The very last verse of the Bible ends with a prayer to Jesus:

“Even so, come Lord Jesus.” (Rev 22.20)

How do you know him, and how does he direct you if you don’t speak to him?

Miia
    Participant

Miia…..FIRST OF ALL WHERE DID I “EVER” SAY Jesus was the abomnation that makes desolate. I never say that nor implied it, what i said was the “FALSE” “IMAGE” OF JESUS BEING A “GOD, IS THE ABOMNATION THAT MAKES DESOLATE. PLEASE DO NOT MISQUOTE ME I HAVE ENOUGH OF THAT HERE ALREADY

Saying “the false image of Jesus” is the abomination could mean anything. It still involves Jesus.

kerwin
    Participant

Miaa,

The teaching that Jesus is God could be the abomination that causes desolation as is older than Islam and the Christian Church, Islam included, is a desolation today where many false teachings about and truth knows no home.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 5 months ago by Admin.
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Many want no part of any church that claims Islam as a member.

In what way does it follow Jesus?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

MIIA……. NO Scripture shows any man praying to JESUS, when JESUSWAS PRESENT WITHTHEN he told them ifthey ask any thing of him he would do it, he was speaking ofhim while he was right there, no scripture say we areto pray to JESUS AND ASKING THE FATHER IN HIS NAME, only proves the person is talkingto GOD when he ask it in Jesus’ name.

Miia…….PRAY AS JESUS DID, TO GOD THE FATHER EVEN IF YOU ASK THE FATHER IN HIS MANE. WE MUST DO WHAT JESUS DID AND HE PRAYED “ONLY” TO GOD THE FATHER.

peace and love to you and yours. …………..gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin…..YES THE FALSE TEACHING ABOUT JESUS BEING A GOD, IS THE “LIE” MENTIONED IN 2Ths2, IT IS A FALSE “IMAGE” OF HIM AND IT DOES CAUSE PEOPLE TO BECOME DESOLATE, IN THEIR RELATION WITH GOD THE FATHER.

“BECAUSE THEY RECIEVED NOT THE LOVE OF THE TRUTH, GOD WILL SEND THEM A “STROMG” DELUSION, IN ORDER FOR THEM TO BELIEVE A “LIE”. That lie is that JESUS IS A GOD, IT BREAKES THE FIRST COMMANDMENT.

Remember where scripture says, “because when they knew GOD they worshiped him “NOT” as GOD, therefore He turned them over (in their minds) to do those things that were unseemly,……..”

This is the state of most of the present so-called “christian” churches, we must come to love the truth inorder to not become decieved. There is “ONLY” ONE TRUE GOD, AND “ONE” MEDIATOR BETWEEN THAT GOD AND MAN, “THE MAN” JESUS CHRIST. A MAN IS “NOT” A GOD OF ANYKIND. IMO

peace and love to you and yours. ……………….gene

Miia
    Participant

MIIA……. NO Scripture shows any man praying to JESUS,

No scripture shows man praying to Jesus? What about STEPHEN? He prayed to Jesus “Lord Jesus receive my spirit, Lord Jesus, do not hold this sin against them” He was stoned to death, and you say no man in scripture has prayed to Jesus? What about those who call on the name of Jesus? Calling on the name of Jesus is prayer.

If Jesus is your Lord, how can you not speak to him?

Miia…….PRAY AS JESUS DID, TO GOD THE FATHER EVEN IF YOU ASK THE FATHER IN HIS MANE. WE MUST DO WHAT JESUS DID AND HE PRAYED “ONLY” TO GOD THE FATHER.

I’ve had that preached to me for four years give and take a little, Gene. It took me further away from the Father, using Jesus name as if some kind of magic password at the end.

Miia
    Participant

Miaa,

The teaching that Jesus is God could be the abomination that causes desolation as is older than Islam and the Christian Church, Islam included, is a desolation today where many false teachings about and truth knows no home.

Hi Kerwin I would disagree, but that’s just my opinion. It would take further study.

YES THE FALSE TEACHING ABOUT JESUS BEING A GOD, IS THE “LIE” MENTIONED IN 2Ths2, IT IS A FALSE “IMAGE” OF HIM AND IT DOES CAUSE PEOPLE TO BECOME DESOLATE, IN THEIR RELATION WITH GOD THE FATHER.

“BECAUSE THEY RECIEVED NOT THE LOVE OF THE TRUTH, GOD WILL SEND THEM A “STROMG” DELUSION, IN ORDER FOR THEM TO BELIEVE A “LIE”.

Hi Gene. I would say from experience the opposite is true. Not knowing the son makes a christian desolate, and is a strong delusion.

Miia
    Participant

Hi,

” Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today and forever” Heb 13.8

THE WORD WAS WITH GOD IN THE BEGINNING

Now we no longer speak of Jesus according to the flesh. The flesh contributes nothing.

So when you speak of the anointed Jesus you speak of the WORD as in Phil 2.

Hi Nick. I meant to reply.

Jesus is met in the spirit realm, while we are at present in the flesh.
    Don’t quite follow what you mean by the WORD and Jesus and now. Can you say a bit more (:

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Mila,

Yes GB has not accepted the teaching Jesus gave in Jn14.14

He is bound by his own dogmas

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Mila,

In the beginning the Word was with God and the Word was God.

God is spirit.

The Word is spirit of that spirit.

The Spirit was given to Jesus of Nazareth at the Jordan and thence he was the Word, led by the Spirit.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Mila,

So the Word was not flesh but was made flesh.

The Word is also the Spirit of the Son[gal4] and the Spirit of Christ[rom 8, 1 peter 1]

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Mila,

Natural men only see and hear the man Jesus and so they say he must be a god just as the heathen thought of Paul.

The whole work of God in Jesus and the prophets and apostles is by the Spirit of God in weak vessels.

Miia
    Participant

Thanks Nick OK. So the one we conversate with is the spirit of Christ, is that what you are meaning

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Mila.

Yes

“Now the lord is the Spirit”2cor 3.17

We can speak with the Spirit in the same as we worship God – the bodily temple.

jn 4 .21-24

Miia
    Participant

Hi Nick,
    Yes, the Lord Jesus is the Spirit, got you!

But do you think the Spirit of Christ is different than the Holy Spirit/Comforter, and how/ in what way?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…….Asking THE FATHER IN ANYONES NAME DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE PRAYING TO THAT PERSON IN WHOSE NAME YOU ARE ASKING, Comon sense 101.

FACT IS YOU ARE BOUND BY YOUR OWN DOGMAS. THE FATHER IS THE ONE WHO WE ARE TOLD BY JESUS TO PAY TO, NOT HIM.

peace and love to you and yours. ………………gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Miia…..where does it say Steven “prayed” to Jesus he BESOUGHT him because he was there, present AT THE TIME, with the FATHER, HE RECONIZED JESUS, AND SO HE ADDRESSED HIM AS lord (adoni) human ruler, NOT AS GOD . No teaching of JESUS SAYS WE ARE TO “PRAY” TO HIM. I HAVE HAD MANY MANY PRAYER ANSWERED IN MY LIFE AND NVER PRAYED “TO” JESUS, BUT I HAVE PRAYED IN HIS NAME BEFORE. BUT WHEN I DID USE HIS NAME, I WAS PRAYING TO THE FATHER, My “only” God.

YOU ARE IN ERROR EVEN AS NICK IS, CONCERNING THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST, (the spirit of the anointing) or The spirit of christ, was not the man Jesus ‘ spirit, but the spirit of the FATHER which was “in” him, your trying to make the spirit of GOD BE JESUS, THAT IS A FALSE TEACHING.

JESUS IS NO GOD, NEVER WAS, NOR EVER WILL BE EITHER. We are told to “honor” Jesus “TO THE GLORY OF GOD”. NOT TO HONOR HIM “AS A GOD”. If you pray to JESUS AS YOUR GOD, YOU ARE COMMITING IDOLATRY AND WILL NOT RECIVE ANSWERS . IMO

Peace and love to you and yours. ………………gene

Viewing 20 posts - 4,001 through 4,020 (of 4,516 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account