What is your confession regarding Jesus

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 859 total)
  • Author
    Admin
    Keymaster

Should be working David, but I know there is an issue with not being taken to the right page after posting. If you get emails when someone has replied, make sure to click the link called Permalink and you will be taken to the exact place. And if you click the heading on the page, you will be taken to the right page where the last post is.

DavidL
    Participant

t8 – I don’t have time for these games..you’ve basically railroaded this debate, which seems to suggest you got a little scared that the truth about the Trinity might break out into the daylight, for all to see..

but in the end what you have done here seems quite fitting really because it highlights what you’ve done to Scripture – make changes to suit your own thinking, spread confusion over anything that is contrary to your own opinion…then call it ‘progress’..!!

so I guess you win by default (hope that is some comfort to you)….

Lastly I would say to those that seek truth…remember that the initial working of Satan is to bring doubt concerning the Scriptures, and then lead you to look and rely on your own understanding instead…(Genesis 3:1) This also is what is happening here on this site – instead of trusting that Scripture is true (Matthew 4:4), doubt is cast over it’s translation and we are directed towards philosophical thinking and carnal reasoning as a way of finding truth..when in fact you are being led away from truth and into the error of others who are deceived…

TRUST THE SCRIPTURES COMPLETELY AND RELY ON THE HOLY SPIRIT TO GIVE YOU TRUE UNDERSTANDING

DavidL
    Participant

If God is Triune (3 in 1) you’d think that man (made in His image) would be triune too (body, soul, spirit)..!! and also that Satan would have his own triune counterfeit – 666 (beast, false prophet, antichrist)..!! (?)

The Trinity is self-evident IF you have eyes to see (born of the Spirit)..!!

“A CORD OF THREE STRANDS IS NOT QUICKLY BROKEN” (Ecclesiastes 4:12)
    Why is UNITY and LOVE so important to God..!?
    I believe the nature of the Godhead is that of A LOVE-COVENANT (similar to marriage) …an Eternal binding promise (in the deepest possible sense) that CANNOT be broken.. 
    God is Three – yet He is ONE..!

You can argue against doctrines all your life…until in the end your arguments become your god, and your deception real – yet it never changes the truth..but rather, only draws others into the darkness of your own delusions..!!!

DavidL
    Participant

yet it never changes the truth..but rather, only draws others into the darkness of your own delusions..!!!

DavidL
    Participant

You can argue against doctrines all your life…until in the end your arguments become your god, and your deception real

DavidL
    Participant

trust the Scriptures completely (like Jesus) and rely on the Holy Spirit to give you true understanding (revelation)..

DavidL
    Participant

and then lead you to look and rely on your own understanding instead..

DavidL
    Participant

to those that seek truth…remember that the initial working of Satan is to bring doubt concerning the Scriptures

Admin
    Keymaster

Hi David. I have heard this threat many times on this site, where people say they are going to leave, but just can’t help themselves by coming back. I think this is because people generally know deep down that they haven’t proved their Trinity Doctrine and come back to try and close the case once and for all. But it never happens because they have no scriptures that teach the Trinity and when they realise that, it is then that they leave and a new Trinitarian turns up with all the same ice-liquid-gas arguments. Never mind that there is a fourth property of water, called plasma.

Admin
    Keymaster

You said:

If God is Triune (3 in 1) you’d think that man (made in His image) would be triune too (body, soul, spirit)..!! and also that Satan would have his own triune counterfeit – 666 (beast, false prophet, antichrist)..!! (?)

Oh the Satanic Trinity argument. Well have you heard of the two last day prophets? Is that a Trinity too. God and the two prophets as being similar to Satan and his two men?

You are clutching at straws with your argument here. 

Admin
    Keymaster

The Trinity Doctrine should not be anyone’s God. Yet it overrides the words of Jesus, Peter, and Paul. So the truth that the Father reveals about Jesus is changed by the addition of a third-century doctrine. Why preach that doctrine, for you do so in vain.

We teach that there is one God the Father and that he is the only true God. We teach that Jesus is the son of the one true God and was made messiah and lord by the one true God and for this you oppose us.

Do we not present you with a better way? That way is clearly shown in scripture. But just as they persecuted the prophets of old and Jesus too, so they will us. 

You see, for ‘US’ there is one God the Father. We are that ‘US’ because it is ‘US’ that truly believe that there is one God the Father.

Admin
    Keymaster

Scripture is not darkness. His word is a light unto our feet.

Jesus said, “this is eternal life, that they may know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent”.

Admin
    Keymaster

Okay, after a short trial I have settled on bringing back the replies but one level deep. 

I believe this is best because you can read the conversations as it takes place.

I only ask that we do not make too many replies to a particular post because it gets too hard to find the reply link and the page becomes too long. Instead restart the conversation at the top of the comments when that happens.

🙂

Admin
    Keymaster

Scripture says that the Father is the one true God and he made Jesus both Lord and Christ.

Trust that then if you trust scripture.

Or do the creeds of men take precedent?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi All,

I’m going to bail from this part of t8’s site.  I’ve been used to the forum part for 4 years, and frankly, it is very hard for me to follow a single discussion in this format.  I understand that you guys are used to this format and prefer it – so since I’m the newcomer, what right have I to suggest a change?

T8 says that eventually, he’ll meld the two parts of the site together.  So maybe I’ll talk to you more at that time.

As far as the Trinity Doctrine goes, we just need to ask ourselves some very simple questions:
    Is Jesus the Most High God?  Or the Son, Servant, Prophet, Priest, Messiah, and sacrificial Lamb OF that One?
    Is Jesus God?  Or the one God raised from the dead and exalted?
    Is Jesus God?  Or the one who sits at God’s right hand?
    Is Jesus God?  Or the one who was sent by God?
    Is Jesus God?  Or the one who will eventually turn the reign of the Kingdom back over to God?
    Is Jesus God?  Or the one God made both Lord and King?

I could go on and on and on……… but these are more than enough for anybody with a brain to know that Jesus is someone other than God.  And Jehovah is the one who gave us those brains – and logic – and common sense.  Becky said it well in one of her recent posts.  She will use her GOD-GIVEN brains and logic and common sense to test the spirits, and see which ones are telling us the truth.  I will continue to do the same.  And the only thing we have to test those spirits against is the Holy Scriptures.  So if the Holy Scriptures repeatedly tell us common sense things like “Jesus is the SON OF the one and only Most High God who created all things”, don’t we owe it to ourselves to USE that common sense and logic that our Creator gave us to understand what is meant by that teaching?

To throw that common sense out a window and believe asinine things like the Son of God can BE the very God he is the Son of would be a slap in the face of the God who GAVE us that common sense in the first place, IMO. 

You all do what you want.  I will continue to believe that we have but one God, the Father, and Jesus is His Son, Servant, Priest, Mediator, Prophet, Anointed One, and Sacrificial Lamb.

peace to all,
    mike

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh, and one more thing for David.  You can’t sensibly use the “spirit, soul, body” comparison to support the Trinity Doctrine unless each of those components is an actual PERSON with his own mind, will, thoughts, etc.

Because Jesus had a DIFFERENT will than his God, but chose to do God’s will instead of his own.  That makes them two different persons – each with their own mind, will, heart, etc.  And you can’t say the same about our spirits, souls, and bodies.

So the comparison falls flat.

Anonymous
    Inactive

That is true,but what is also true is that we can also put doubt into what ever we understand to be true or false because it would be our own determination to make the verdict on it,
    So the question would be how do we recognize the godly truth ??? Without a doubt

Admin
    Keymaster

Cheers Mike. I totally agree and appreciate the input you have put here. See you in the forums. 🙂

Admin
    Keymaster

Good point Mike. Its easy to take any other instance of three and try and make it prove that God is also three. But a Binitarian could do the same with two such as Adam and Eve being one flesh. However, they remain two beings. And we know that God is one being. And this is truly important. 

There is one God the Father. He is the true God and the one who made his son Jesus, both Lord and Christ. 

Admin
    Keymaster

Good point terraricca. This is partly why God gave us scripture. And yet men ignore that when it is convenient for them to do so. But a man after God’s heart would surely be a pupil of scripture and would let it rebuke him, correct him, and approve him. But many do not allow scripture to do that because they don’t want to change.

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 859 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account