What is your confession regarding Jesus

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 859 total)
  • Author
    Admin
    Keymaster

This is not my understanding it is Jesus understanding.

“This is eternal life, that you may know the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom he has sent.”

I didn’t make that up. Jesus understanding here is clear. The question is, if you are a sheep as you claim, then do you hear his voice? Remember he said that this was eternal life and that his sheep hear his voice. I hear his voice here loud and clear. He is saying that the only true God is the Father, but you seem to disagree with him.

Admin
    Keymaster

Yes Mike I put it back to allow one level of replies and to put the latest conversation at the top. I did this for 3 reasons. 

1. No one used it when I made it flat like the forum because the links to latest comments didn’t work for a start. They work now that I have put it back to how it was.
    2. It took the posts out of their conversational context because they didn’t flow in the right direction of the conversation.
    3. The existing posts didn’t make much sense because they were not connected to the post they were replying to.

There is also extra functionality with the icons below.

When the forum merged with the site, I will make it the same as the forum is now, i.e., latest post on the last page at the bottom, so the conversation can be read in context too.

🙂

Admin
    Keymaster

If we believe in the Trinity Doctrine, then we are forced to doubt many scriptures including the words of our Lord.

Jesus said, “eternal life is this, to know the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom he has sent”.

DavidL
    Participant

yes terraricca – that is the most important thing to understand and the real underlying issue behind these debates because every cult and every denomination will try and convince you that they are presenting you with the truth..and they all use THEIR interpretation of Scripture to deceive you.

These days spiritual discernment is literally an endangered species because so very few people have a heart relationship with their Bible… but we CAN know – and in fact we ARE CALLED to discern between the true and the false..but you MUST have the HOLY Spirit active in your daily life..!!
    We cannot determine what is or isn’t true simply by relying on our own ‘common sense’ or our human understanding – truth is SPIRITUALLY discerned..!!

DavidL
    Participant

The apostle John tells us not to believe everything, but to test the SPIRITS because not everything that claims to be of God..is actually from God..!! This is a spiritual exercise that calls us to SEE with our spiritual eyes – the eyes of our heart…John says, the spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ came in the flesh is of God…so what does this mean…?

Well it doesn’t mean to compare doctrine with Scripture – that is the way of the Pharisees (those who CLAIM to know the truth and yet in fact actively oppose it..!!), what it means is to prayerfully ‘look’ at the overall confession..does it manifest the characteristics of Christ when He walked the earth..? See, there are really only two spirits in the world – the spirit of Christ [truth] and the spirit of Antichrist [deception]..and in this you are looking at the ‘fruit’ that is presented..does it testify to the life of Jesus Christ, or not..!!??

What helped me understand this is where it says in Hebrews 11 about Able, “..he being dead yet speaks.” – Able was murdered by his own older brother because he offered an acceptable offering to God..so what is it that still speaks to us today..? do you see that Able’s spirit ‘confesses’ to the life Jesus lived in the flesh – Jesus Christ, who was murdered by the jealous religious Pharisees simply because His life was an acceptable offering to God – and theirs wasn’t..!!

DavidL
    Participant

The Spirit of truth is hated and rejected by the religious spirit, because the truth always exposes their self-righteous deceptions – outwardly (like the Pharisees) they have an ‘appearance’ of wisdom – they seem right, but when the light comes it reveals all the hidden corruption of those that are religious hypocrites.

DavidL
    Participant

getting through to you guys is like trying to convert Pharisees – (something even Jesus couldn’t do)…!!

you say you hear His voice here loud and clear…and you think you understand, but if you really knew the one true God (like this verse you use) and Jesus Christ whom He sent…you wouldn’t be denying the Trinity..!! you are doing what all cults do – quoting Scripture to justify your dead doctrine..yet your deceptive arguments only prove that you have not the Spirit of Christ – instead you are manifesting the same spirit of unbelief as the blind Pharisees – who likewise thought they could see…

“If you were blind, you wouldn’t be guilty,” Jesus replied. “But you remain guilty because you claim to see.” – John 9:41

DavidL
    Participant

you are a fraud – you claim to trust Scripture when you don’t…!!

what you do is ‘USE’ Scripture to justify your own ideas, and when you strike a verse that doesn’t fit in with your ideas, you make the mistake of trying to change Scripture (instead of letting Scripture change your thoughts)…and so you promote your false teaching the same way all cults do…by ‘using’ Scripture..!!

Admin
    Keymaster

What you are really saying here David is that when a man becomes Born Again, he understands that Jesus is part of a Trinity God right. Hence, this is a demonstration of the very meaning of the word occult because it means that which is hidden or hidden knowledge.

Whereas what we are saying is that the Bible teaches that there is one God the Father and he is the only true God and he sent his son to save us. He was the one that made his son both Lord and Messiah.

So do we believe what is clearly stated in scripture, or do we take your word for it that what is hidden is revealed? I choose to believe that which is clearly stated in scripture, as the truth, as opposed to some hidden Trinity truth that can only come by some so-called special revelation. The latter is how the occult works.

When Jesus was tempted of the Devil, Jesus defended himself by using scripture. It is written… Hence I will do the same. When a man comes to me with a strange teaching not found in scripture, no matter how popular it is, I will defend myself with the scriptures too. And so will all who trust in God and not man.

Jesus said, “this is eternal life, to know the ONLY true God, and Jesus Christ whom he has sent”.

Admin
    Keymaster

David, the Pharisees rejected the idea that Jesus was the son of God and the messiah. The Trinity also challenges this by saying that he is God. Thus to believe both means that he is his own son which is a load of babble.

Admin
    Keymaster

One huge barrier to truth is the conviction that you already have it.

This is why many stubbornly hold onto a doctrine like the Trinity, even when they are shown proof in scripture that there is one God the Father, who is the only true God.

“For us there is one God the Father, and one Lord, the Lord Jesus Christ”.

Jesus said, “eternal life is this, to know the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom he has sent”.

DavidL
    Participant

The Pharisees rejected Jesus because (as Stephen declared before the Sanhedrin in Acts 7:51) – “..You always resist the Holy Spirit!” Thus they resisted the revelation of the Holy Spirit concerning Jesus, determining (in their pride) to hold onto their old ways and their man made doctrines..

You say that belief in the Trinity challenges the idea that Jesus is the Son of God…and to believe both means He is His own Son…but in this also you are completely off track..

The Jews understood clearly (as also the Scriptures themselves declare), that to be called THE SON OF GOD is the same as saying HE IS GOD…!!

First in Luke 1:35, we read “And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called THE SON OF GOD.”

Then in John 19:7 “The Jewish leaders replied, ‘By our law He ought to die because He called Himself THE SON OF GOD.'”

DavidL
    Participant

In Matthew 27:54 at the crucifixion, “When the centurion and those with him who were guarding Jesus saw the earthquake and all that had happened, they were terrified, and exclaimed, ‘Surely He was THE SON OF GOD!'”

Luke 22:70 “And they all said, ‘Are You THE SON OF GOD, then?’ And He said to them, ‘YES, I AM.’ Then they said, ‘What further need do we have of testimony? For we have heard it ourselves from His own mouth.'”

John 10:33 “The Jews answered Him, ‘For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God.'”

Verse 36, “do you say of Him, whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming,’ because I said, ‘I AM THE SON OF GOD'”?

When we read how Scripture presents to us Jesus as THE SON OF GOD, then go to John 1:1 we find that it sounds completely natural and makes perfect sense…”In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

I guess you can find arguments for everything, and just keep denying the simple yet sound testimony of the Scriptures…but the question we must ask ourselves is..”Am I being completely honest with myself and others – or am I actually resisting the voice of the Holy Spirit”..?

DavidL
    Participant

If this verse about the Father being the only God really sums up for you the whole teaching of the Godhead..then you need to point out how it relates to John 1:1..

Admin
    Keymaster

It doesn’t mention the godhead. It says that the Father is the only true God. Jesus said it, I believe it and so do many other scripture say that the Father is God and Jesus is Lord. Start confessing today that Jesus is Lord, because if you do not, you will eventually. But best to do it now to show that you really believe he is Lord and are ready to serve him as your Lord.

Of course it is up to you as to whether you believe he is Lord and if so, then why would you disagree with your Lord as to who the one true God is?

Admin
    Keymaster

How does it relate to John 1:1 you say?

Well there are many who are called theos and elohim. This includes angels and men too.

But for us, there is one true God the Father who is above all and over all. This God has made his son Jesus both Lord and Christ, so that through him God will be in all.

Thus Jesus as the Word was with God and was called theos in the same way others are called theos, (without an article). The Father in John 1:1 is THE God. Not theos without the article.

Admin
    Keymaster

You make the same mistake as the Jews, do you not? Because you to suggest as they did that he was claiming to be God, which is blasphemy.

If you read it properly you will see that Jesus actually defended himself against this most serious of accusations by reminding them of the usage of the word ‘theos/elohim’ in scripture by saying “ye are theos”, which was a quote which says: “yea are elohim, ye are all SONS of the Most High God”.

Thus he corrected them by saying that he was the SON OF GOD.

Don’t let any doctrine or teaching take you away from one of the most precious of truths, that ‘Jesus is the son of God’.

DavidL
    Participant

Jesus is – *THE* SON OF GOD – born of a virgin…!!! but it is you that makes the mistake of denying Christ His true Deity when you equate it with us being gods (in the sense that we were all created with a sovereign will)..

No, I will not let any doctrine or teaching take me away from one of the most precious truths – that ‘JESUS IS *THE* SON OF GOD’..!!!

DavidL
    Participant

sO ThE FatHEr iS tHe onLY gOd yET jEsuS iS cAlLeD goD…bUt tHEreS oNly OnE goD riGhT>./?

DavidL
    Participant

cAusE wE’Re ALL GoDs….!!!.?=+!!~?

(I thought you said the Trinity was confusing..!!!)

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 859 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account