What is your confession regarding Jesus

Viewing 20 posts - 821 through 840 (of 859 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

That is not speaking of humans. It is speaking of the sons of God for the flesh is nothing and the Spirit is all.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi C,

Your use of what you think is logic is a perfect example of the foolish results of trust in human wisdom.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

You offer

”That is not speaking of humans. It is speaking of the sons of God for the flesh is nothing and the Spirit is all”

Do you skip to other possibilities and assume they are correct if you do not agree with the simple explanation?

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Consider my words as you have no disagreement with them.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Please explain why you say this.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Not humans?

Speaking of the angelic sons?

Scripture does not say flesh is nothing but it contributes nothing.

Men have souls to be saved. Salvation is not offered to angels. But it is not your hope?

Which other scriptures are directed towards the angels?

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Being a son of the Spirit trumps being a son of the flesh.

I merely applied the lesser title to those that reject the greater one.

carmel
    Participant

What is your confession regarding Jesus

Put a cover on either end and you have written a book.

But it is full of gnostic nonsense

And that is after asking us to produce scripture!

2 jn 9 is the only one you need.

Nick,

AGAIN BULLYING!!!!

THAT’S ALL YOU ARE INTERESTED IN!!!!

INDIRECTLY YOU CLAIMED THAT I DIDN’T PRODUCE SCRIPTURES, SO TO MAKE YOU AWARE,

I PRODUCED: AT LEAST 30 VERSES OF SCRIPTURES, PLUS DEFINITION, FOR YOU TO SPECIFICALLY CONTRADICT!

Now here is what you suggested!

2 John9

Whosoever revolteth, and continueth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God.

He that continueth in the doctrine, the same hath both the Father and the Son.

It is as clear as crystal why you don’t produce scriptures, and also not ready to discuss, or define it!

As you can read, 2 John 9 has TWO STATEMENTS NOT ONE

Now If in the truth you know WHAT YOU’RE TALKING ABOUT It would only be more appropriate, and DECENT if you were to

COMMIT YOURSELF AND INDICATE WHICH OF THE TWO STATEMENTS YOU REFERRED IT TO MY POST, AND MORE IMPORTANT

CLARIFY YOURSELF SPECIFICALLY WHERE!!!!

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi C,

Stay within what is written.

Your own ideas add nothing useful.

We cannot dialogue about your fanciful additions

2Jn9

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

You offer

“Being a son of the Spirit trumps being a son of the flesh.

I merely applied the lesser title to those that reject the greater one.”

So please explain this too.

carmel
    Participant

Have you fallen for the folly that says MARY IS THE MOTHER OF GOD?

That is about as big an insult as you can offer God.

Nick,

ARE YOU EXPERT AS WELL IN THE FOLLIES?

Read if you are interested in the truth, and in order to DISCERN what for you is THE INSULT I CAN OFFER GOD!

UNDERSTAND MORE OF GOD’S WORK REGARDING MARY,

DUE TO THE FACT THAT

NO MARY NO JESUS

THE WAY GOD ALMIGHTY OPTED TO ACHIEVE HIS KINGDOM FOR THE SAKE OF THE LOST

WELL DECLARED BY PAUL IN:

1 Corinthians 11:11 But yet neither is

the man without the woman, nor the woman without the man,

in the Lord    “THE WORD MADE FLESH” in

THE HOLY SPIRIT

BOTH BY “THE WORD” JESUS’ SPIRIT! THE DIVINE HUMAN BEING

THE SON

MARY’ SOUL,and JESUS’ FLESH  to respect what happened in the garden.

ADAM’ S SOUL, and EVE’S FLESH RESPECTIVELY,

ALSO BOTH BY “THE WORD”  THE FIRSTBORN OF EVERY CREATURE, SINCE ALL IN HIM…..

IN THE MAN ADAM WHEN HE WAS CREATED!!

WELL DECLARED HEREUNDER!

12 For as the woman MARY, is of the man, JESUS, so also is the man JESUS by the woman:MARY.

but all things of God.

THE FATHER

so the above is my CONFESSION REGARDING JESUS/MARY, OR MARY/JESUS

SINCE THEY ARE BOTH THE SAME SPIRIT OF GOD, OBVIOUS ALL OF GOD!

“THE WORD”, JESUS, THE SON, SLAIN FROM THE BEGINNING OF THE WORLD. REV 13:8

Hereunder is an excerpt, which I copied and pasted, related to

Saint Cyril of Alexandria’s Defense of Mary

Saint Cyril of Alexandria was the Patriarch of Alexandria during the early part of the 5th century and a key figure in the Christological controversies of his time. His debate with the heretic Nestorius was the impetus for the Council of Ephesus in 431 AD where the Church officially adopted the long held understanding that Mary is Theotokos, “Mother of God.” Because of Saint Cyril’s steadfast defense of orthodoxy, he is called a Pillar of Faith and a Doctor of the Church.

To some, even today, this argument may seem like bickering over semantics. But St. Cyril saw, keenly, that what we say about Mary is crucial for how we understand her son, Jesus. If Mary were the mother of Jesus’ physical body but somehow not the mother of God, then this would mean Christ was divided into two separate natures, one human and one divine. And while Jesus is both fully divine and fully man, he is not divided. The human and divine natures of Jesus are unified in a single, undivided person. We say this not just because we value technical accuracy but because the truth of this mystery has an incredible impact on how we understand Jesus, his incarnation, ministry, and power to redeem humanity. This is why, in a letter to Nestorius, Saint Cyril writes, “for our sake and for our salvation, he assumed his human nature into the unity of his Person and was born of a woman; this is why it is said that he was born according to the flesh.”(Cyril of Alexandria, Letter II to Nestorius) In other words, our very salvation depends on two natures united into one person, Jesus Christ.

The Church has always held to the truth of the unity of Christ’s human and divine natures. But Saint Cyril gave an invaluable apology of this truth and expressed it with clarity, shedding light on its implications for how we ought to understand Christ’s mother, the Theotokos, the Blessed Virgin Mary. Cyril understood that if what we say about Christ is true -that from the moment of his incarnation he was fully man and yet remained fully G0d- than Mary ought to be venerated the one who gave flesh to and bore the King of the Universe. So Saint Cyril proclaims boldly that Mary is Theotokos as well as “Virgin-Mother, lightbearer, uncorrupt vessel.” He praises her saying, “Hail, Mary, you are the most precious creature in the whole world; hail, Mary, uncorrupt dove; hail, Mary, inextinguishable lamp; for from you was born the Sun of Justice.” (Gambero, Mary and the Fathers of the Church, p. 243) If Christ was merely a man or was not divine from the moment of incarnation, then Mary would not deserve such praise. The same is true if Christ were divine but not human since Mary’s role would be a strange illusion. But, if we hold to the orthodox belief that Jesus was both fully divine and fully man, then the praise is not only allowable but inevitable

Despite the rightness of Saint Cyril’s praise for Mary, it’s strange to see such tender words coming from his mouth. Cyril did not hesitate to call Nestorius “wretched” and “blasphemous” and he was often quite stern and severe with other bishops who strayed from an orthodox faith. Yet this disposition softens greatly when he turns his words to the Virgin Mary. In Ephesus, during a homily in which he strongly criticized Nestorius, Cyril joyfully proclaimed of Mary, “But who among men is capable of celebrating Mary most glorious? The virginal womb: such a great wonder! This miracle has me enraptured.” (Cyril of Alexandria, Homily IV at Ephesus preached against Nestorius) In this same homily, Cyril trumpets:

“Hail, you who held the Uncontainable One in your holy and virginal womb! Through you, the Holy Trinity is glorified; the precious Cross is celebrated and adored throughout the world; heaven exults, the angels and archangels rejoice, the demons are put to flight, the devil, the tempter, falls from heaven, the fallen creation is brought back to paradise, all creatures trapped in idolatry come to know of the truth.”

Such effusive praise is not mere sentimentality or poetic hyperbole. Saint Cyril, Doctor of the Church, always reasoned and wrote with surgical precision and careful accuracy. And so his devotion to Mary was the result of his understanding of who Christ is and, in turn, what his mother must be. Cyril saw the beauty of this mystery and couldn’t help but be moved. His writing is a testament not just to orthodoxy but also to Mary’s ability to soften even the roughest exteriors. Fortunately for all of us, Saint Cyril’s devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary, theologically sound and orthodox, became official Church doctrine at the Council of Ephesus. Father Luigi Gambero , describing the development of our understanding of Mary in his book Mary and the Fathers of the Church, writes, “Cyril’s preaching and his attitude, redolent with admiration, greatly contributed to the growth of Marian devotion.” (Gambero, p. 239) Because of Saint Cyril’s keen insights and steadfast devotion to the truth, we are able to name Mary “Mother of God” without reservation.

May Mary soften our hearts just as she did to Saint Cyril of Alexandria.

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi C,

Yes the worship of people has a long history.

But it annoys God

Rom 1.25

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi C,

You may revere Cyril of Alexandria but history seems to define him not by any works of power and love but by his malignant political behaviours.

Is that the sort of fruit that should be admired?

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Hi KW,

You offer

“Being a son of the Spirit trumps being a son of the flesh.

I merely applied the lesser title to those that reject the greater one.”

So please explain this too.

1 Corinthians 3:3Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

other versions like to stick adjectives in the verse that are not in Koine in order to make the meaning more clear.

1 Corinthians 3:3New English Translation (NET Bible)

3 for you are still influenced by the flesh. For since there is still jealousy and dissension among you, are you not influenced by the flesh and behaving like unregenerate people?

carmel
    Participant

You may revere Cyril of Alexandria but history seems to define him not by any works of power and love but by his malignant political behaviours.

Nick,

IRONICALLY YOU ME AND ALL CHRISTIANS RELY ON PAUL, MORE THEN ON JESUS!!!!

SINCE HE GAVE US OUR BELIEF!

WE DO NOT KNOW JESUS AT ALL!

SO

DOES THIS ALSO APPLY TO

SOUL OF TARSUS ?????

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi C,

There is no division between Jesus Christ and Paul.

It is no longer I that liveth but Christ that liveth in me.

carmel
    Participant

There is no division between Jesus Christ and Paul.

It is no longer I that liveth but Christ that liveth in me.

Nick,

Your statement above is void,

Considering that my 2000 posts on heavennet are enough EVIDENCE of my belief!

But the fact that Paul history wise was a killer of Christians,

and Jesus Christ took him AND MADE HIM HIS SERVANT, it is clear enough that,

NOT JUST HISTORY  IS IRRELEVANT, and has nothing to do with THE WORK OF JESUS CHRIST!

BUT THE WHOLE WORLD, WHICH HE ALREADY WON!

So in the same way your argument hereunder is also VOID regarding Cyril of Alexandria!

You may revere You may revere Cyril of Alexandria but history seems to define him not by any works of power and love but by his malignant political behaviours.

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

carmel
    Participant

Stay within what is written.

Nick,

YOUR SPECIALITY IS ONLY

BULLYING!

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi C,

Yes we are convinced of your belief in yourself.

But your relationship to truth is far less certain.

DavidL
    Participant

Grow up Nick
    and dig your head outta the sand…

YOU are the one projecting YOUR OWN fabrications onto others…!!

..convinced of YOUR OWN belief in yourself
    When indeed it’s really YOUR relationship to truth that is FAR less certain..!!

Do you have any desire to understand truth..?
    Or just get kicks out of spouting off your own load of religious garbage…!?!

Viewing 20 posts - 821 through 840 (of 859 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account