Trinity – Is 1:18’s Proof Text #4

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 408 total)
  • Author
    SEEKING
    Participant

Quote (Tim Kraft @ June 29 2009,05:26)

Quote (Cindy @ June 29 2009,05:20)
    T.K.  I do know that, you are not telling me nothing new.  Never the less fellowshipping with other Christians would be nice to do.  I know that I am the Temple of God.  I am at peace with God that is not the question.
    Peace and Love Irene

Irene:

If you are at peace with God then why do you refer to dealing with sin? If you are at peace with God you are cleansed of sin, if you believe you sin or are in sin then you are not cleansed or one in Christ! Bless you, TK

1Jn 1:8  If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
    1Jn 1:9  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
    1Jn 1:10  If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

TK, are you deceived, do you make God a liar, is the truth not in you, is the word not in you?

Blessings,

Seeking

SEEKING
    Participant

TIM wrote:

[/quote]

If you are at peace with God then why do you refer to dealing with sin? If you are at peace with God you are cleansed of sin, if you believe you sin or are in sin then you are not cleansed or one in Christ! Bless you, TK

1Jn 1:8  If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
    1Jn 1:9  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
    1Jn 1:10  If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

TK, are you deceived and the truth not in you, do you make God out to be a liar and is the word not in you?

Blessings,

Seeking

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (SEEKING @ July 03 2009,08:10)

TK, are you deceived and the truth not in you, do you make God out to be a liar and is the word not in you?

Blessings,

Seeking

Seeking,
    You are right.

thinker

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ July 04 2009,14:07)

Quote (SEEKING @ July 03 2009,08:10)

Blessings,

Seeking

Seeking,
    You are right.

thinker

Are you people even reading what you quote? Verse 9 completely obliterates v8 & v10!! If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. So, let me ask you, if a person has confessed his sin, is he then completely sinless and the righteousness of God? Then why am I being corrected?
    Maybe I am confused about sin! Could one of you please tell me: What is sin? Is it something you do? Is it something you believe? Is there one sin or multiple sins? Where are they listed so we can know what not to do. Thank you, TK

SEEKING
    Participant

TIM wrote:

[/quote]

Are you people even reading what you quote? Verse 9 completely obliterates v8 & v10!! If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Interesting that you believe v.9 obliterates v.8. Rather, v.9 is the Lord's remedy for v.8 when we find we have sinned. To say you have not sinned is to be deceived. Pretty plain language. Why the need to confess something we do not have?

So, to answer your question, yes I read the verses. They are very plain and easy to understand. Verse ten is very plain also –

It might be good for you to read up on things to avoid if you are uncertain regarding sin(s) because the word states –

Isa 59:2  but your iniquities have made a separation between you and your God, and your sins have hidden his face from you so that he does not hear.

hamartia
    ham-ar-tee'-ah
    From G264; sin (properly abstract): – offence, sin (-ful).

Sin is anything that God would find offensive as I understand it. You may want to begin by determining what offends God. Many sins (things that offend Him) one solution (the sacrifice of Jesus).

Perhaps another will dilineate for you. But, while there are some “lists” I do not believe scripture means them to be compete, final, or all inclusive. Try Gal.5:19-21; 1Cor.6:9-11; Rev.21:8;Rom.13:13; Mk.7:21-23; Col.3:5-9 as a starting point.

Blessings,

Seeking

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Seeking: Now it makes sense, you are quoting from Isaiah of the old covenant. I am refering to the New Testament sealed by the blood of Jesus who gave his life to save us from sin. I never said one time that I wasn't in sin at the time before I confessed my sin. If one didn't believe he had sin why would he feel the need to confess what he doesn't have? I have recieved the free gift from Jesus the final sacrifice for sin. If we now say we have no sin we agree with him. If we say that we still have sin there remains no more sacrifice. To say you still have sin is to annul the work of Jesus including his death on the cross. One who has sin is a sinner. If you think about sin and dwell on sin then you have a sin consciousness. One can't be clean and righteous yet in sin. Either Jesus cleansed you by faith in his sacrifice or you remain in sin. Apart from the old law, sin is dead. Jesus was made to be sin FOR US that we might be the righteousness of God in him. Jesus saved the whole world from sin for whosoever believes he did! Not based on works, just believing. I believe he did! Thats why I say I have no sin, Jesus cleansed me. Bless you, TK

Not3in1
    Participant

I was thinking about this the other night…..Jesus said, “Go and sin no more.”

Now, I ask you, human brother's and sister's – is that really possible? :;):

Quote (Not3in1 @ July 04 2009,13:29)

Now, I ask you, human brother's and sister's – is that really possible?  :;):

Hi Mandy

Jesus said “All things are possible to them that believe”.

Blessings WJ

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 05 2009,05:38)

Hi Mandy

Blessings WJ

Bro….you believe….right? Do you no longer sin?

SEEKING
    Participant

Quote (Tim Kraft @ July 04 2009,06:29)
    Seeking: Now it makes sense, you are quoting from Isaiah of the old covenant. I am refering to the New Testament sealed by the blood of Jesus who gave his life to save us from sin.

TK,

Here are the passages again –

1Jn 1:9  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness

Gal.5:19-21; 1Cor.6:9-11; Rev.21:8;Rom.13:13; Mk.7:21-23; Col.3:5-9

These are all new covenant New Testament passages.
    Only the Isaiah passage is O.T. and states a truth that will apply until Jesus returns, Isa 59:2  but your iniquities have made a separation between you and your God, and your sins have hidden his face from you so that he does not hear.

Forgiven and covered by the blood of Jesus we are encouraged to confess and receive forgiveness when we err,
    1Jn 1:9  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness

Believers are also told to put to death the deeds of the flesh

Rom 8:13  For if you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.

These are new covenant passages describing a walk with Christ.

Blessings,

Seeking

Not3in1
    Participant

Hi Seeking,

Rom 8:13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.

Tell me, have you been able to “…put to death the deeds of the body…”?

Keith tells us that this idea is available to all who “believe”, because through Christ all things are possible – right?

Is it really possible to GO AND SIN NO MORE?? Hmmmm.

Was Jesus setting us up for failure? Before you get too upset by that remark, think about it. Paul tells us that all have sinned and fallen short. Jesus was the ONLY ONE without sin, and yet he tells us to “go and sin no more”. Interesting concept, but hard to carry out. Ask Paul – he knows!! He tried, and failed!!

Love,
    Mandy

Quote (Not3in1 @ July 04 2009,18:39)

Hi Mandy

Blessings WJ

Bro….you believe….right?  Do you no longer sin?

Hi Mandy

No not at all.

But I havnt moved a mountain yet either.

I think that Jesus knows our limitations in faith but encourages us to believe that all things are possible.

There have been days that I have walked and could not think of a single sin in my life. But does that mean I had no sin?

No, for there is also what is called hidden sin that is in our nature and that the Holy Spirit as we grow reveals to us as he changes us.

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Ps 139:23, 24

When Jesus told the adulterous woman to go and sin no more, I personally believe the woman never committed adultary again!

Blessings WJ

SEEKING
    Participant

Not3in1,July wrote:

[/quote]

Tell me, have you been able to “…put to death the deeds of the body…”?

Keith tells us that this idea is available to all who “believe”, because through Christ all things are possible – right?

Is it really possible to GO AND SIN NO MORE??  Hmmmm.

Was Jesus setting us up for failure?  

We have a goal and an advocate when we fall short –

1Jn 2:1  My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.

Rom 6:4  We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life.

I understand that Paul struggled when he evaluated himself in light of the law

Rom 7:24  Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?

He also recognized his source of salvation and freedom from condemnation along with his new goal and potential

Rom 8:1  There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
    Rom 8:2  For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death.
    Rom 8:3  For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do. By sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh,
    Rom 8:4  in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

With the blessing of the indwelling Spirit I progress in my walk. Over time, I become more Christlike, and if you would, sinless. Never totally free from sin I confess and trust my advocate Jesus.

2Co 3:17  Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
    2Co 3:18  And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit.

Ongoing sanctification  and transformation is a process and I am successful ONLY AS GOD WORKS IN ME.

2Co 3:18  And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit.

Blessiings,

Seeking

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Seeking: Great post. I could not agree more! That post is my Truth too. Yet it seems that when I post that sin is gone it seems that there is great attack. If there is no judgement for those in Christ Jesus then speaking as one believing in Christ Jesus there is no judgement! If the law of the Spirit of life has set one free from the law of sin and death then for the believer there is no more sin and death. For those who walk in the word of God or Spirit there is no law requirment. If you say you are never totally free from sin you nullify these great scriptures. Didn't Jesus nail sin to the cross. Didn't Jesus take away the sin of the world?John 1:29—-Are we not dead to sin Romans6:2—free from sin6:18—Didn't Jesus appear to put away sin Heb9:26—If there is no law then there is no judgemnt and no sin. What do you mean when you say, you sin? If sin is an error, yet there are no rules or law from God to break then there is no judgement against you, how could there be sin? We are either free from sin or we have sin along with a sin consciousness which cannot recieve from God.Sin is transgressing the law !john3:4—Jesus was manifested to take away our sins and whosoever abideth in him sinneth not!!—he that committeth sin is of the devil 1John 3:8!! There are many more. Why does everyone seem to say that they sin all the time. If they are in Christ there is no sin. If one believes they are still under the law of sin and death then they must follow every jot and tittle. That includes sacrifices!! Thank you, TK

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 05 2009,20:17)

Hi Mandy

Blessings WJ

Hi Mandy

No not at all.

I think that Jesus knows our limitations in faith but encourages us to believe that all things are possible.

There have been days that I have walked and could not think of a single sin in my life. But does that mean I had no sin?

No, for there is also what is called hidden sin that is in our nature and that the Holy Spirit as we grow reveals to us as he changes us.

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Ps 139:23, 24

When Jesus told the adulterous woman to go and sin no more, I personally believe the woman never committed adultary again!

Blessings WJ

Hi Keith,

If we are to have faith as small as a mustard seed – we could move a mountain.

Yet….those of us with faith (sometimes great faith) have yet to move anything.

This is my point exactly. Were we set up to fail? Jesus said, “Go and sin no more”, yet none of us are able to do that!

Even if you think you have gone all day without sinning, you would be incorrect – Paul tells us so – if we think we are without sin, we are liars!

Love,
    Mandy

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Tim Kraft @ July 07 2009,22:48)
    Why does everyone seem to say that they sin all the time. If they are in Christ there is no sin. If one believes they are still under the law of sin and death then they must follow every jot and tittle.

Romans 7

21So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22For in my inner being I delight in God's law; 23but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. 24What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? 25Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!
    So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.

I think Paul answers your question nicely.

Love,
    Mandy

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi Mandy,
    You have started a most sensitive area of debate of Christianity. “Go and sin no more” is the ultimate will of our God and Lord Jesus for any Christian. I do agree with our brothers and sisters here on how a Chrisitan can keep himself pure and holy by faith in Jesus and being led by the Spirit of God. If we can not be holy then there is no question of God asking us to be Holy as He is Holy. I understand to be holy in that way. If Jesus being complete man was Holy and sinless why not God make us Holy like him (Jesus). We are being made into the image of Christ day by day. Not that we have already achieved full stature of perfection. But certainly we are being transformed into his image as he was the perfect image of God the father. We need more discussion on this topic.

May God lead us into all truth.
    Love to you
    Adam

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ July 08 2009,05:42)

Quote (Tim Kraft @ July 07 2009,22:48)
    Why does everyone seem to say that they sin all the time. If they are in Christ there is no sin. If one believes they are still under the law of sin and death then they must follow every jot and tittle.

Romans 7

21So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22For in my inner being I delight in God's law; 23but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. 24What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? 25Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!
         So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.

I think Paul answers your question nicely.

Love,
    Mandy

Mandy: Why would you quote parcial scriptures and then say listen to Paul when you either missed the end result of what Paul was saying or you purposely looked over it. Do you think that in v25 when he said thanks be to God he was saying thanks for making me this wretched man or thanks for saving me from this sinful position. Rom8:1, Paul still talking, there is therefore now no condemnation to them in Christ…v2 for the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the old covenant law of sin and death. You paid no attention to the scriptures I quoted and tried to discredit what I was saying with partial truth. Paul said much about being free from sin maybe you should try reading him again.We were wretched sinners but not now. We were lost in sin, but not now. Jesus has saved us from this position. Being saved from sin is childrens book one. We should be way past sin but I believe it is the most covered fact in all Bible teaching. If we are not cleansed and free from sin we have no relationship with God. You can't be the righteousness of God in Christ, if you are in sin! Blessings to you, TK

Cindy
    Participant

Mandy and Keith! I do agree with both of you. It was John that told us if we believe that we are without sin, the truth is not in us. What we do have is a perfect Sacrifice Jesus Christ. He is our Mediator, that if we do sin we can go to the Throne of God and ask for forgiveness of that sin. Christ has taken the death Penalty away, and sin is not imputed to us. That however does not mean we have no sin any more. We die daily Paul tells us. I think Paul's writings sometimes is hard to understand. Why would Jesus go on the Sermon on the Mount and magnify the Law, and then turned around and said that we do not sin anymore? That to me makes no sense. Keith makes a good point that we have hidden Sins that we are not even aware of. I did many times ask God to show me my sins, Oh boy did He ever. Try that!!!
    Peace and love Irene

Quote (Not3in1 @ July 07 2009,13:39)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 05 2009,20:17)

Hi Mandy

Blessings WJ

Hi Mandy

No not at all.

Blessings WJ

Hi Keith,

If we are to have faith as small as a mustard seed – we could move a mountain.

Yet….those of us with faith (sometimes great faith) have yet to move anything.

This is my point exactly.  Were we set up to fail?  Jesus said, “Go and sin no more”, yet none of us are able to do that!

Even if you think you have gone all day without sinning, you would be incorrect – Paul tells us so – if we think we are without sin, we are liars!

Love,
    Mandy

Hi Mandy

I think that is what I just said.

But I do not find fault in Jesus words.

He said “keep my commandments”, but does that statement set me up for failure even though he knew that I would fail?

WJ

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 408 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account