Trinity – Is 1:18’s Proof Text #4

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 408 total)
  • Author
    KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ June 27 2009,14:26)

Quote (thethinker @ June 27 2009,13:57)
    Marty said:

Hi WJ:

Is God our Father?  If so, He has made His name known.

Marty,
    The apostles commanded men to repent and be baptized in Jesus' name.

thinker

Hi thethinker:

Yes, I know.  Is Jesus the name of the Father?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty,
    My point was that the name of Jesus was at the center of the apostle's thinking. And it ought to be the center of your thinking too. But you all put Him down here while the Father lifts Him up. You put yourselves at risk.

thinker

Quote (942767 @ June 26 2009,19:37)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 27 2009,09:33)

Quote (942767 @ June 26 2009,17:25)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 27 2009,08:20)

Quote (TechJoe @ June 26 2009,16:18)
    “Fellowship in the Spirit of God with the Father and the Son is the way.”
    Hmmmph!! the Spirit of God, the Father, and the Son; Where I went to school 1+1+1=3

Hi TJ

And they all have a name.  :)

Mattew 28:19

Blessings WJ

Hi WJ:

What is the name of the Holy Spirit?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi 94

What is the name of the Father? We do not know do we?

Jesus said Go in the name “singular” of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit which simply means there is One name by which all men will be saved.

The Apostles made it clear that that name is Jesus!

It is at the name Jesus that every knee shall bow and every tongue confess.

All that God is, is summed up in that one Name which is above every name!

Jesus is making it clear here as well as in many places that the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit are three in One!

Blessings WJ

Hi WJ:

Is God our Father?  If so, He has made His name known.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi 94

What is it?

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    And there is no risk in teaching a strange three part god?
    Scripture doesn't teach it.

Christian Biker
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ June 27 2009,16:30)

Quote (TechJoe @ June 27 2009,16:12)
    Hello again Marty,
    Do you stand on the YLT?
    Or do you pick and choose from whichever version suites your need?

Hi TechJoe:

I believe that the King James version of the bible is the most accurate, although there are errors, and so that is the version of the bible that I use.

I quoted the scripture from the YLT because YLT means literal translation, but also I gave you what the Greek interlinear bible actually states.

It appears that what you are accusing me of doing, is what you are actually doing?

Anyway, God knows my heart and also knows yours.

I know that there is only “One God”, and I gave you a scripture which states that.  Do you agree with that scripture or not?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Marty,
    I believe that the King James Bible is the preserved Word of God!
    If you believe that the King James is the most accurate how can a less accurate version have more accuracy except it provides a more desired script?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi and welcome CB,
    How can you claim one version is more accurate than another if they are based on different manuscripts?

Christian Biker
    Participant

Hi NH
    And thank you for the welcome.
    Marty said that the King James is the most accurate (which I happen to agree with). So I think the question “how can a less accurate version have more accuracy” is a fair question. Is it not ok to call someone on their statements in this forum? If so I will apologize and withdraw my question.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    Yes a good version.
    But of course the obscure ancient english makes it a favourite with cult leaders.
    And there is the addition of the verse in 1 Jn5 but other wise excellent. We need the help of the Spirit as well – map and torch.

Christian Biker
    Participant

Cult leaders? You mean like Pastors in Bible believing and salvation teaching churches? I guess that they are getting low enough in numbers that they may appear as cults to the world!

Quote (Christian Biker @ June 27 2009,20:35)
    Cult leaders? You mean like Pastors in Bible believing and salvation teaching churches? I guess that they are getting low enough in numbers that they may appear as cults to the world!

Hi CB

LOL. Excellent point!

Welcome WJ

Christian Biker
    Participant

Thanks WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    There are far more and bigger cults like Catholicism and her children than there are men following the way.

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Quote (Cindy @ June 27 2009,05:04)
    Tim  If you can find me a Church that does not believe in the Trinity, and believes in Grace, I would be the first to go.
    Nick is right, I am glad to be here and some believes are true while others are wrong.  That is a way to prove all things. It looks like you believe in a Trinity. Do you?
    The Church of God is a Spiritual Church.  Therefore we do not need a Building.  Christ is the Head of that Church.  He is the Vine and we are the Branches.  So when Jesus said what He did on the Sermon on the Mount, He is wrong and we do not have to go by it?  You need to prove what you are saying.  
    Why would Jesus say all and then a few months later all is just Grace.  What does Paul tell us. Also the Law was given because of Sin, not like you say, that the Law was given and sin arose.  You also have to respect Nick a little more, He is one of the Adminastrators here.  That is why you find Him on the site so much. Like I said before people who put another down are not to be trustedIMO.
    Peace and Love Irene

Irene: Can you not hear! How is it that you say,… find me a church… when you are the Church.You don't need to look somewhere for the True Church of God, its you and Georg! The True church is not brick and mortar. The True Church is the body of Christ. If you are the body of Christ then you are the the Temple of the father, son, and whole spirit.That means you have the Kingdom of God within. This is what Jesus came to reveal to mankind. This is the Gospel. He did away with the old way of sin. He revealed the New way, the good news, no more works for cleanliness for God,just believe, Jesus made you clean. The is the day the prophets talked about, the sabbath rest of God. We rest in the finished work of Jesus. This is the eternal Truth from God through Jesus, no time limit, this is the end of time. No more rituals, new moons, sabbaths,sacrificing, tithing etc. to God, Jesus was the end of that world order. The Kingdom came at the end of the world!! Now there is peace between God and man. The words of Jesus are at work gathering the wheat into Gods barn. Those who believe Jesus cleansed them are clean and pure, those who don't believe remain in their sin and uncleanliness awaiting destruction. Bless you, TK

Cindy
    Participant

T.K. I do know that, you are not telling me nothing new. Never the less fellowshipping with other Christians would be nice to do. I know that I am the Temple of God. I am at peace with God that is not the question.
    Peace and Love Irene

Christian Biker
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 28 2009,12:14)
    Hi CB,
    Yes a good version.
    But of course the obscure ancient english makes it a favourite with cult leaders.
    And there is the addition of the verse in 1 Jn5 but other wise excellent. We need the help of the Spirit as well – map and torch.

Hi Nick
    Thank you for consenting that the only flaw in the King James is an added verse in 1John5. I am glad that you will accept the rest of the King James as accurate. If you are only going to take one verse away, I will enjoy defending my position in any future debates with you.

Christian Biker
    Participant

Oh and also;
    I was not aware that the Catholics used the King James. I was under the impression that around 382AD Jerome Vulgate perverted the scripture in to Latin and that, that perversion was what Catholicism was built upon. Now I am aware that around 600AD that the Latin perversion was the only legally accepted version. However by 500
    AD the scripture had already been translated into 500 languages. While the Catholics as well as others may have contaminated Christianity there is no evidence that the King James Version is a direct descendent of the Latin text of Catholicism.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    It also says the angelic being in the furnace with the three men in Daniel is THE Son of man.
    There is some bias.

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Quote (Cindy @ June 29 2009,05:20)
    T.K.  I do know that, you are not telling me nothing new.  Never the less fellowshipping with other Christians would be nice to do.  I know that I am the Temple of God.  I am at peace with God that is not the question.
    Peace and Love Irene

Irene: If you are at peace with God then why do you refer to dealing with sin? If you are at peace with God you are cleansed of sin, if you believe you sin or are in sin then you are not cleansed or one in Christ! Bless you, TK

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TK,
    That inner cleansing is by the blood of the lamb.
    Water baptism is an appeal for that cleansing[1Peter 3]

Whoever wants to save his own life will lose it.

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Nick: I find there is nothing to appeal for in the New Testament.The Love of God was poured out on mankind. It was accomplished completely, and finished completely by Jesus. Everything he did is a free gift to any and all who will accept and believe to receive. No appeal for cleansing. You have been washed clean. All spiritual cleansing is within not without. You have been made perfect through Jesus IF ONLY YOU WILL BELIEVE that Truth! I'm not sure your greatness has hit your awareness yet. You are the righteousness of God, I see your greatness even if you don't! Bless you, TK

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TK,
    When Jesus told his disciples they had been washed by the Word[jn15] was he speaking of all men?
    The expected fruit is not obvious.

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 408 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account