Trinity and Woman

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 19 posts - 61 through 79 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    Camillia
    Participant

I also wonder their opinion of women prophets.

Kerwin, their opinion of woman prophetesses is they are Jezebels or nymphs, especially if the woman’s idea contradicts their own.

I know such a man. And, as much as i love him, I will not give up what I believe, despite the putdowns.

kerwin
    Participant

Camillia,

So it seems they cheery pick Scripture.  A foolish but common choice among humans.

carmel
    Participant

find a prophet or disciple that is female in the bible. you don’t. all the titles have been given to the male. why is that?

Hi Princess,

HOW ABOUT THESE?

Isaiah 8:3 Then I made love to the prophetess, and she conceived …
    Luke 2:36 There was also a prophet, Anna, the daughter of Penuel …
    Nehemiah 6:14 Remember Tobiah and Sanballat, my God, because of …
    Exodus 15:20 Then Miriam the prophet, Aaron’s sister, took a …
    Judges 4:4 Now Deborah, a prophet, the wife of Lappidoth, was …
    2 Chronicles 34:22 So Hilkiah and those whom the king had sent went to Huldah the prophetess, the wife of Shallum the son of Tokhath, son of Hasrah, keeper of the wardrobe

WIKIPEDIA

Within the books actually included in the Bible, as part of Christian scriptures (the word of God – the Holy Bible), female disciples are often mentioned.

Luke 8:1-3: “Soon afterward he went on through cities and villages, preaching and bringing the good news of the kingdom of God. And the twelve were with him, and also some women who had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities: Mary, called Magdalene, from whom seven demons had gone out, and Joanna, the wife of Chuza, Herod’s steward, and Susanna, and many others, who provided for them out of their means.”

Another prominent woman at the time of Christ is Mary of Bethany. Since her sister Martha is one of the Seven Women Apostles called by Christ as noted in the Apocryphal 1st Apocalypse of James and in the Gnostic Pistis Sophia of Christ, and because Mary and Martha are often mentioned together in the New Testament, this makes Mary of Bethany a probable 7th female apostle.[3]

Although the apocryphal texts of Christ and James enumerate seven women apostles only Junia is called an apostle in the New Testament. Paul says,

Romans 16:7 “Greet Andronicus and Junias, my relatives who have been in prison with me. They are prominent among the apostles, and they were in Christ before I was.”

But we do not know if Junias was one of the Seven Women called by Christ or if she was a Disciple after his Ascension. Paul calls himself an apostle to the apostles and he did not walk with Christ nor was he called to be a messenger by Christ, so Paul might ascribe to a broader definition of the term apostle.

BELIEVE IT OR NOT!

since God is a MALE GOD,AND FATHER THROUGH JESUS CHRIST! When He toppled SATAN as God of the world!

Right now He is in the process to topple SATANA for the last time,and also become a FEMALE GOD!

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

Anastas
    Participant

Kerwin,

I find it strange how you rather not take Paul’s words without old testament reaffirmation. Paul’s words are inspired, taught from Christ himself Galatians 1:12 and so can stand on their own. Paul says:

For a man indeed ought not to have his head veiled, forasmuch he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of man. For the woman is of the man: for neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.
    CORINTHIANS 11:7-9

Camillia

I can understand what and how you may feel. There are indeed many sexist men out there that would love to bring down any woman with authority. Although I am sure you probably feel I am one of those, I speak only as I am taught and some things that I say could very well be called sexist by those who use the standards of this world. Just as the world may see God as mean, burdensome, evil for allowing evil, and unfair (we know better) some will say he is sexist.

“But i would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of a woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.” CORINTHIANS 11:3

This does not refer simply to a married couple. This idea continues on about woman praying with their head covered so that they have a “sign of authority” over them. Again this, has nothing to do with marriage, but is for all. In CORINTHIANS 11:7-9 as quoted above, we see that woman were created for men and are man’s glory. It is with this idea that we see that woman are to learn in quietness with all subjection because it was Adam who was formed first TIMOTHY 9-15.

The generalizations of women as this or that are unwarranted and are wrong, done by insecure men provoked by Satan, but their harsh stance and treatment of you has pushed you to push back to the same extent. Just as we are all supposed to accept the authoritative government put in charge by God and not fight against it, for who soever does brings judgment on themselves, ROMANS 13:1-2 likewise, a woman should accept the authority of a man (to the extent that you dont follow him into sin). Think if all of us were completely equal, why is the 144,000 only males who did not defile themselves with women? REV 14:1-5 Everyone has a place, and if it is your place to be low, then being low here will exalt you in heaven. Everyone who thinks they are something are nothing. I absolutely do not wish that this to become a stumbling block, but only wish for you to see that we all have different crosses to bear in this world. Some a cross of submission, others the burden of authority. But we all do it not for this world, but for the hope of the world to come.

As for the Jews, ROMANS 1:16 says salvation is for the Jews first, and then the Gentiles. ROMANS 11 is a good chapter to read and Christ himself did not answer the cry of a Caananite women and then said, “It is not meet to take the childrens bread and cast it to the dogs.” We are the dogs, but dogs whom God has had mercy on so we give thanks always. Those in Israel who God has saved for his Son, will be first.

PS

My opinion on women prophetesses or judges is this: a prophet never speaks by himself but speaks as the Spirit directs. So though a woman is not permitted to teach TIMOTHY 2:11-12 if she be a prophetess then it is not her that speaks but God through her; And whatever God says through whatever mouth he speaks through is important to listen to.

God bless you in all your ways sister.

Camillia
    Participant

So it seems they cheery pick Scripture. A foolish but common choice among humans.

Hi Kerwin. Yes people cherry pick when they want to.

Camillia
    Participant

Hi Anastas. (are you Russian? My great grandmother and aunt were Anastasia).

“But i would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of a woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.” CORINTHIANS 11:3

This does not refer simply to a married couple. This idea continues on about woman praying with their head covered so that they have a “sign of authority” over them. Again this, has nothing to do with marriage, but is for all. In CORINTHIANS 11:7-9 as quoted above, we see that woman were created for men and are man’s glory. It is with this idea that we see that woman are to learn in quietness with all subjection because it was Adam who was formed first TIMOTHY 9-15.

I guess so… but how can woman learn in quietness and in all subjection if they feel what someone is trying to teach them goes against truth, and against what they have been shown, perhaps by vision, by God, and it is in harmony with what half of the churches teach. And then she is called all these names, by someone she cares deeply about. Of course, she can remain silent, and not say anything back… but, it can have an effect.

The generalizations of women as this or that are unwarranted and are wrong, done by insecure men provoked by Satan, but their harsh stance and treatment of you has pushed you to push back to the same extent.

Yes. I guess so.

My opinion on women prophetesses or judges is this: a prophet never speaks by himself but speaks as the Spirit directs. So though a woman is not permitted to teach TIMOTHY 2:11-12 if she be a prophetess then it is not her that speaks but God through her; And whatever God says through whatever mouth he speaks through is important to listen to.

Glad you take that view.

God bless you in all your ways sister.

You too. Thanks Anastas.

Camillia
    Participant

Regarding the Jews and the Canaanite woman. This is how I see it:

When Jesus found Lazarus dead, He wept. He already knew He was going to raise him from the dead, but He prayed “Father, I thank You that You have heard Me. I knew that You always hear Me; but because of the people standing around I said it, so that they may believe that You sent Me.”
    We know Jesus knows the beginning from the end. So, when Jesus said to the Canaanite woman: “I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”, and “It is not good to take the children’s bread and throw it to the dogs.” Jesus knew the beginning for the end, just as He did with Lazarus.

Matthew 12:16, “Many followed Him, and He healed them all, and warned them not to tell who He was. This was to fulfill what was spoken through Isaiah the prophet:
    “Behold, my servant whom I have chosen, my beloved with whom my soul is well pleased. I will put my Spirit upon him, and he will proclaim justice to the Gentiles. He will not quarrel or cry aloud, nor will anyone hear his voice in the streets; a bruised reed he will not break, and a smoldering wick he will not quench, until he brings justice to victory; and in his name the Gentiles will hope.

So, though He called them Dogs, He knew the ending.
    Jews first, and then the Gentiles.

Anastas
    Participant

Camillia

Haha no, no, not Russian. Anastas means resurrection, and because of resurrection I ve been given hope; for once I was for once I was dead, but now alive.

That is a very good point and I totally agree with what you say. I did not mean to say the Gentiles are not loved by God; only that the Jews, being the ones that God chose to show himself originally to, are special in a way.

As for teaching I cant say I have an answer for you. I think you re in a difficult position. However, I think the things taught to us by Paul are for those inside the church (the church not being necessarily your denomination you pray with) where you would not be afraid of deception. We know sister Priscilla taught with brother Aquila and I would not expect the Lord to command one not to “let ones lamp shine” because they are a woman. For the light of Christ shines in all he dwells in. I also think all because you cant teach straight forwardly within the church, that doesnt mean you cant raise your concerns through questions and if you are asked a question in return I would say you are free to answer as the Spirit directs… of course I am no one, and that is just my opinion.

Its difficult because it is a slippery slope. I would ask, do you feel what they believe is damning? If so, then you must save them by letting your brothers help him, or if you have no one who knows the truth then it is up to you. You would be doing nothing wrong because you fear for their lives and wish to show truth to one who is not likely the church.

In the end trust in God. He knows where your heart is.

Again, may God bless you and help in your situation.

brother Anastas

Camillia
    Participant

Anastas/Anastasia and their meaning are beautiful names.

Understand you with the Jews and Gentiles.

Thanks for your advice and caring on the other issue, brother Anastas. Patience is easy but inner strength needs some help from God, as we all need from time to time.(:

kerwin
    Participant

Anastas,

I find it strange how you rather not take Paul’s words without old testament reaffirmation. Paul’s words are inspired, taught from Christ himself Galatians 1:12 and so can stand on their own. Paul says:

You are confusing the gospel message with those things he learned at the feet of Gamaliel the Elder, Acts 22:3.  The traditional interpretation of 1 Corinthians 11:7 is that just as Jesus is over a husband so is a husband over his wife. It could also do with the curse on women that their desire would be for their husband. A father takes the same roll over a woman until she is married or he dies though he is not included in the curse.

Anastas
    Participant

My friend Kerwin,

I could be wrong, but are you saying this passage is not a part of the gospel but a resonating teaching that lingered from his time as a Pharisee? It is my belief that all scripture in this book God has given to us is inspired and all gives us direction.

princess
    Participant
    Contribute
    Add to List
    ANASTASIUS
    USAGE: Ancient Greek (Latinized)
    OTHER SCRIPTS: Αναστασιος (Ancient Greek)
    Meaning & History
    Latinized form of the Greek name Αναστασιος (Anastasios) which meant “resurrection” from Greek αναστασις(anastasis) (composed of the elements ανα (ana) “up” and στασις (stasis) “standing”). This was the name of numerous early saints and martyrs, including a 7th-century monk and writer from Alexandria who is especially venerated in the Eastern Church.
    Nice name there…..cute icon. You draw it yourself.
    Contribute
    Add to List
    RENATUS
    USAGE: Late Roman
    Meaning & History
    Late Latin name meaning “born again”.
    Mines better 😉
    kerwin
    Participant

Anastas,

The message of the gospel is about obtaining salvation within the new covenant.  Paul also teaching things that are are useful both for those under the old covenant and for those under the new.  They are teachings that were around for many ages.  The relation of women to their husbands was not a new thing at the Jesus in his mercy sacrificed himself or even after that.  It was the tradition of the Jewish people during Paul’s time that woman had the lower rank in a relationship be it either with her husband or with her father.

kerwin
    Participant

Princess,

I cannot read your post.

princess
    Participant

Neither can I Kerwin !ha was on my kindle. didn’t draft in text. @t8 can do with it what he wants.                                               you know all that ill intent no malice on my heart, find those dark areas I was professing what a thing to ask for. hurts. everything comes at you. i have been under many attacks, this one is rough.

I can define spirit at times, but others its a battle. fighting you go beyond exhaustion. just everything is stirred right now Kerwin.  to where you see things you don’t want to see, then others you have to. being spiritual in physical to say the least is quite a task to learn & know.

moving on….all this chatter about Christ and the head and ones place in life, sets you under a curse. not one phrase was given by that little black book about how a husband is to treat a wife as the church. little benounce it is not mentioned. to be cleansed in water by the word. and they abuse it, use it, twist it take away from it.  the beauty that is missed with their eyes hearts.

how can something so great a cause. be explained in such a manner by others.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

Get over the flesh.

It contributes nothing.

Let the Spirit rule and teach

kerwin
    Participant

Princess,

Scripture does teach that is supposed to be the boss of the house but it also states that those that have authority are not to rule over their subjects but instead to be their servant, Mark 10:42-44.  This is also implied in the verse where husbands are instructed to love their wife.

terraricca
    Participant

hi princess

Neither can I Kerwin !ha was on my kindle. didn’t draft in text. @t8 can do with it what he wants. you know all that ill intent no malice on my heart, find those dark areas I was professing what a thing to ask for. hurts. everything comes at you. i have been under many attacks, this one is rough.

I can define spirit at times, but others its a battle. fighting you go beyond exhaustion. just everything is stirred right now Kerwin. to where you see things you don’t want to see, then others you have to. being spiritual in physical to say the least is quite a task to learn & know.

moving on….all this chatter about Christ and the head and ones place in life, sets you under a curse. not one phrase was given by that little black book about how a husband is to treat a wife as the church. little benounce it is not mentioned. to be cleansed in water by the word. and they abuse it, use it, twist it take away from it. the beauty that is missed with their eyes hearts.

how can something so great a cause. be explained in such a manner by others.

this is a well understood point by you and agree with what you are saying ;we also have to understand what Jesus says about those that look to be leaders in anything or wherever;

Mt 20:26 Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great(leader) among you must be your servant,
    Mt 20:27 and whoever wants to be first must be your slave—
    Mt 20:28 just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”

those words of Christ says it all

Miia
    Participant

you know all that ill intent no malice on my heart, find those dark areas I was professing what a thing to ask for. hurts. everything comes at you. i have been under many attacks, this one is rough.

I can define spirit at times, but others its a battle. fighting you go beyond exhaustion. just everything is stirred right now Kerwin.  to where you see things you don’t want to see, then others you have to. being spiritual in physical to say the least is quite a task to learn & know.

moving on….all this chatter about Christ and the head and ones place in life, sets you under a curse. not one phrase was given by that little black book about how a husband is to treat a wife as the church. little benounce it is not mentioned. to be cleansed in water by the word. and they abuse it, use it, twist it take away from it.  the beauty that is missed with their eyes hearts.

how can something so great a cause. be explained in such a manner by others.

Princess,

I too have been dealing with dark places in my heart, it can be done and takes time. You will be ok sister.

BTW this is camillia/ karmarie.

Viewing 19 posts - 61 through 79 (of 79 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account