They shall "all" be taught of, ( or is it, by) GOD

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 290 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……You can quote scripture till you are blue in the face and not unerstand a word of what your saying. True Sons of GOD ARE TAUGHT BY GOD HIMSELF BY HIS SPIRIT OF TRUTH, SAD THAT YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND THAT. Maybe this will help you,

JOHN 2:27……But the anointing which you have recieved of him abides in you, and you need not ANY MAN teach you: but as the same anointing TEACHES YOU OF “ALL” THINGS. and is Truth, and is no lie, and even as IT TEACHES YOU, you shall abide in him.

Now there you go Nick, so NOW show me how i also misrepresented, saying we are all taught by GOD. NICK IF YOU ONLY KNEW HALF OF WHAT YOU THINK YOU DO you would not be nearly as sarcastic toward us as you are. IF YOU NOT EVEN WILLING TO AT LEAST TRY TO SEE THINGS FROM THE PERSPECTIVE OF A POSTER , HOW CAN YOU EVER EXPECT TO ESTABLISH ANY KIND DIALOGUE?

peace and love to you and yours. ……………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,

Do you think you are a true son of God?

Then why do you teach your own old dogmas instead of what is written?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,

All that you manifest is that you are unteachable.

You are even brave enough to judge the teachings of Jesus as fictitious?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….WHY ACCUSE ME OF WHAT YOU ARE, (UNTEACHABLE), And you have proven yourself as an arrogant false accuser of the brethern, you open your mouth with slanderous accusations and blert out some trash, but no proof of any of your accusations. You don’t even post any scriptures to support your assumptions, just slanderous accusations Trash talk.

Jesus said you shall know them by their fruit, you mouth only seems to shove out trash from an accusing spirit abiding in you. At least if post something i will post a scripture to support what i say, where is your scriptual support For what you say?

peace and love to you and yours…………….gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..YOU ARE A LIAR, IF YOU SAY I SAID JESUS’ TEACHINGS ARE FICTIOUS, I HAVE NEVER SAID THAT, AGAIN YOU MISREPRESENT WHAT I HAVE SAID. WHAT I SAID IS JESUS TAUGHT IN PARABLES, SO THOSE PEOPLE WHO WERE NOT CALLED WOULD NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT HE WAS MEANING. LYING ABOUT WHAT I HAVE SAID MAKES YOU A LIAR AND AN UNTRUTHFUL WITINESS YOURSELF.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,

Stop shouting and open your ears.

You only teach your own deductions and ignore what is written.

kerwin
    Participant

Gene,

He may well have been based his parable on a true event as the parable of ten minas does have a basis in fact as one of the inheritors of Herod did have to go into a far country to receive his inheritance. There were certainly farmers in plenty who had enemies that would sow bad see in they fields. You could have used a better example such as the vineyard one where he sent his messengers the workers mistreated and then sent his heir afterwards but even then their were vineyards and workers in them as well as absentee owners who sent other to get the benefits.

It does not care anyways as whether the background of one was false or true does not tell us whether background of another is the same. The bottom line Jesus was using a religious teaching of his day as the background for the parable of the rich man and Lazarus and either, as you claim , he was using a heretical teaching as the background or he was using a true teaching as the background. If you are going to stick with your claim then you are either denying Jesus is the Son of God or coming up with some justification how he could use a false teaching without sinning. I certainly could not come up with the justification.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin…..GO READ Why Jesus said he spoke in parables and you will have your answer. I AM IN A RUSH NOW ,I WILL TRY TO LOOK IT UP AND POST IT TO LATER. It was not to make things clear, but to obscure the truth From those who were not chosen. They would hear those parables but not understand them, as it is even today. IMO

peace and love to you and yours. ……………gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……So say you, but that is exactly what you do? The only difference, you do it with the sprit of a false accuser, your mouth does not EDIFY THE BODY of CHRIST . IMO

peace and love to you and yours. ………………gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin…..HERE IS WHAT JESUS SAID ,NOT ME!

Mar 4:11…..AND HE SAID UNTO THEM, UNTO YOU IT IS GIVEN TO KNOW THE “MYSTERY” OF THE KINGDOM OF GOD: BUT UNTO THEM THAT ARE WITHOUT, “ALL” THINGS ARE DONE IN “PARABLES” , WHY? 12, That seeing they may not percieve; and hearing they may hear, and “NOT” UNDERSTAND; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them.

NOW KERWIN, is that plain enough for you and NICK? Parables were not given to clearify anything, but to obscure the truth from those who have not been given to understand them. JUST THAT SIMPLE, I CAN’T BELIEVE WE ARE EVEN ARGUING OVER THIS.

peace and love to you and yours. …………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,

God did not teach you spirit is intellect, parables are fictitious and soul is body plus spirit etc.

You have your own teachings and remain stubbornly resistant to learning from the Spirit.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..So to you GOD WHO IS A SPIRIT HAS NO INTELLEGENCE, THE PARABLES MEAN APSOLUTELY AS SPKOEN AND DO NOT MEAN SOMETHING ELSE,AND A LIVING SOUL DOES NOT INCLUDE THE BODY.

YES GOD’S SPIRIT DOES TEACH ME, THAT IS HOW I KNOW what the scriptures mean, you on the other hand don’t seem to even have a clue, you can’t even present what we have said correctly, but lying by misrepresenting what others say seem to be your best quility, if you can’t honestly quote someone just change what he said, in order to satify that accusitory spirit working in you. I haven’t seen you present any scripture that disagrees with what i have said, why not try that for a change instead of just running off you mouth falsely accusing me and others. Spend some time clearifying why you are saying what you are saying and falsely accusing us of. Is it because you have no proof? Just one line pop shots?

peace and love to you and yours. …………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,

We have all your doctrinal self justifications before

Truth is more palatable

AndrewAD
    Participant

Of course Jesus and the prophets told parables to illustrate truth.And these parables are of course stories unless you want to believe God really is a shepherd who loses track of his sheep,or maybe he’s a woman who loses a coin and must needs sweep her dusty home to find it.Maybe God is actually a big bird who desires to cover her chicks but cannot do it because they choose to fly away.And God is also the foolish and ignorant landowner who sent servants to gather wages from his tenants and when they were beaten and killed he was so stupid to think they would respect his son.

And Jesus will return on a white horse or maybe it’s clouds? or maybe it’s clouds in the shape of a horse?

And just maybe we are all being taught of or by God.

bodhitharta
    Participant

GB says that Spirit is intellect or the Spirit inspires us through that faculty the scriptures agree with this point if that is what he means:

Philippians 2:5King James Version (KJV)

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

Now Christ was taught BY God

But tells you that first you must be taught of God

John 6:44-46King James Version (KJV)

44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.

Then you are taught by God after you get enough faith

John 16 26 At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you:

27 For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

Isaiah 48:17King James Version (KJV)

17 Thus saith the Lord, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the Lord thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

BD……..Yes spirits impute their intellect into our minds giving us it’s cognesity, Rather the spirit of wisdom, the spirit ofthe fear of the LORD, clean, or unclean spirits, all these effect our intellects because what they impute to us. These types and kinds of spirits are a direct influence our mindes.

Jesus said when a unclean spirits leaves a man his house (mind) becomes clean, and the spirit goes about in arid (dry) places, seeking rest, (spirit want bodies to dwell in) but it returned unto the man and finding his house (mind) clean, (empty) he took others worse then it himself, and JESUS SAID THE LAST STATE OF THAT MAN WAS WORSE THEN THE FIRST , why? Because those unclean spirits were many and were effecting his mind, how by imputting their unclean intellects into his mind, causing him to become unclean. spirits are types and kinds of what effects our minds and anything that imputing into our minds it’s type and kind of intellect, or it would not have any effect in our thinking at all if it did not effect our minds and that is effecting our intellects. I never said that is all spirits are and do, that is Nick’s lying accusitory spirit intellect trying to make it appear that way, not me. As he does with other things i say. IMO

Thanks BB YOU DO SEE MY POINT

peace and love to you and yours. ………………gene

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

So to you GOD WHO IS A SPIRIT HAS NO INTELLIGENCE, THE PARABLES MEAN ABSOLUTELY AS SPOKEN AND DO NOT MEAN SOMETHING ELSE,AND A LIVING SOUL DOES NOT INCLUDE THE BODY.

Here you see Gene speaking with authority which is part of the ethos appeal.  His arguments are logically flawed as they are dependent on his creditability and do not stand by themselves.  Ethos appeal is common among news commentators and writers.

I favor a logos appeal and do not strive to establish my own creditability.  Using inductive reasoning I can see that that the idea the spirit means intellect because God is spirit and is intelligent has multiple flaws.  For example, love that is a spirit has not intelligence.

Gene also uses some pathos but no more than that which escapes me at times.  Pathos is a double pointed tool that can stab the user if used carelessly.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,

When you add your intellectual theories into scriptural teaching you are adulterating scripture

You are challenging God in that you offer your words alongside His.

Salt water mixed with fresh is unpalatable

kerwin
    Participant

Andrew,

You might want to look at the wording before you make commendations on it as Jesus often used the keyword “like”.   It is quite possible a woman would search diligently for a loss coin as my father used to search diligently for enough money to buy his next drink.

On the other hand if I told my sister that I was the inside of the dish and thus the did was all clean I might never hear the last of it.  I did not live in the culture of Jesus’ time so I do not know that perhaps that was there practice.  I am not all that concerned whether or not Jesus took artistic liberties.

I am concerned when someone essentially calls him a hermetic because they are too stubborn to admit their error or lack the knowledge to know they are doing so.

The bottom line believed in the land of the death and have believed for some time as can be seen by the fact that certain evil kings of Judah went sleep with their fathers but were not buried with them.   The descendants of the Jews that wrote those words in Scripture were the ones that listened to Jesus’ parable about that same place of the dead.  It was not something Jesus made up instead the land of Sheol and variations of it were the norm of that day.

It is foolish to call it fictitious as you essentially claiming it is a false teaching and therefore implying Jesus is a heretic.   What true Christian wants to imply Jesus is a heretic.

kerwin
    Participant

Gene,

I have a heave course schedule plus an addiction to computer games I fight.  I post here but I tend to get addictive in that as well and ignore actually living according to God’s word.  I like to discuss things and I do know why Jesus stated he spoke in parable.  I also know he did claim to use use heresies for the same purpose.  The bottom line is that you are claiming that the background that Jesus used for the parable of a rich man and Lazarus is a heretical teaching.   You are not saying is straight forward because that would be to obvious for you to deny to yourself or others.  You are distancing  yourself from what your words mean.

Your difficulty is you are using an ethos argument with logical flaws in it.  The flaws damage your credibility which not undermines this argument but every ethos argument you make.  Your solution is to stress the authoritative part of the ethos argument instead of seeking to regaining your credibility.  You forget that Christians accept repentance when evidence is given  of that repentance so regaining credibility is not difficult.  I admit that their are those that claim to be Christians but are not as they are agents of the dark one, even when they believe other wise.  We are not to become  them and if we are them then we are to escape his grasp for fear of our coming destruction.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 290 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account