They shall "all" be taught of, ( or is it, by) GOD

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 281 through 290 (of 290 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Terricca……I ASK FOR YOU OPINION ON 10 scriptures. That no just one , someone can take out of context. They are clearly written. Now please tell us, what was Paul saying there? Should WE TREAT THAT as if it were not even in scriptures or think that PAUL DID NOT MEAN WHAT HE CLEARLY SAID THERE?

peace and love to you and yours……………..gene

terraricca
    Participant

Gene

you should read from the beginning and see and understand what really Paul want to get across here to his audience this is critical ,you will not get this understanding by just pick one sentence out of the development of his explanation ,

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Terricca……10 scriptures is not just one sentence brother?

peace and love to you and yours. …………….gene

terraricca
    Participant

GENE

Ro 7:1 Do you not know, brothers—for I am speaking to men who know the law—that the law has authority over a man only as long as he lives?
    Ro 7:2 For example, by law a married woman is bound to her husband as long as he is alive, but if her husband dies, she is released from the law of marriage.
    Ro 7:3 So then, if she marries another man while her husband is still alive, she is called an adulteress. But if her husband dies, she is released from that law and is not an adulteress, even though she marries another man.
    Ro 7:4 So, my brothers, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit to God.
    Ro 7:5 For when we were controlled by the sinful nature, the sinful passions aroused by the law were at work in our bodies, so that we bore fruit for death.
    Ro 7:6 But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.
    Ro 7:7 What shall we say, then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! Indeed I would not have known what sin was except through the law. For I would not have known what coveting really was if the law had not said, “Do not covet.”
    Ro 7:8 But sin, seizing the opportunity afforded by the commandment, produced in me every kind of covetous desire. For apart from law, sin is dead.
    Ro 7:9 Once I was alive apart from law; but when the commandment came, sin sprang to life and I died.

Ro 7:25 Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!
    So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.

Ro 1:8 First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, because your faith is being reported all over the world.
    Ro 1:9 God, whom I serve with my whole heart in preaching the gospel of his Son, is my witness how constantly I remember you
    Ro 1:10 in my prayers at all times; and I pray that now at last by God’s will the way may be opened for me to come to you.
    Ro 1:11 I long to see you so that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to make you strong—
    Ro 1:12 that is, that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other’s faith.
    Ro 1:13 I do not want you to be unaware, brothers, that I planned many times to come to you (but have been prevented from doing so until now) in order that I might have a harvest among you, just as I have had among the other Gentiles.
    Ro 1:14 I am obligated both to Greeks and non-Greeks, both to the wise and the foolish.

Ro 1:18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness,
    Ro 1:19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them.
    Ro 1:20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.
    Ro 1:21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened.
    Ro 1:22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools
    Ro 1:23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.
    Ro 1:24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another.
    Ro 1:25 They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator

Ro 1:15 That is why I am so eager to preach the gospel also to you who are at Rome.
    Ro 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.
    Ro 1:17 For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: “The righteous will live by faith.”

can you tell me what is it that Paul convey through his letter to the Roman’s ?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Terricca……why did you leave out verses 10 tbrough 24, of Rom 7, is that not doing exactly what you accused me of, my point was dealing with those scriptures you left out brother.

peace and love to you and yours. …………..gene

terraricca
    Participant

Gene

Ro 7:9 Once I was alive apart from law; but when the commandment came, sin sprang to life and I died.
    Ro 7:10 I found that the very commandment that was intended to bring life actually brought death.
    Ro 7:11 For sin, seizing the opportunity afforded by the commandment, deceived me, and through the commandment put me to death.
    Ro 7:12 So then, the law is holy, and the commandment is holy, righteous and good.
    Ro 7:13 Did that which is good, then, become death to me? By no means! But in order that sin might be recognized as sin, it produced death in me through what was good, so that through the commandment sin might become utterly sinful.
    Ro 7:14 We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin.
    Ro 7:15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.
    Ro 7:16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good.
    Ro 7:17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me.
    Ro 7:18 I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out.
    Ro 7:19 For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing.
    Ro 7:20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    Ro 7:21 So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me.
    Ro 7:22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law;
    Ro 7:23 but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members.
    Ro 7:24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death?
    Ro 7:25 Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!

read the verse 25 what is the conclusion

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Terricca…….Yes we do hope for the rightiousness to come, but that does not change the fact that Paul was talking about he was “presently existing” state, at the time he wrote that. None of us have reached perfection yet, if we have we would never sin again, but we all still fall short at times, is that not what PAUL was talking about?, and we do all THANK GOD THAT WE “SHALL” BE DELIVERED FROM THIS STATE OF EXISTENCE, THROUGH the sacrifice of Jesus . IMO

peace and love to you and yours. ………….gene

terraricca
    Participant

Gene

What  Paul says is that even though we are in the flesh and so not cover in the new body  we have Christ as our mediator for our unwilling actions of sin that does not lead to death

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Terricca……Yes he was showing the weakness of his flesh, and how it brought him into captivity and caused him to sin, even though with his mind he did serve the laws of God. So he concluded that it was no longer him that sinned but sin that dwelt in his flesh, and he viewed this as a “wretched” state of existence. I am not in disagreement with your last post brother.

peace and love to you and yours. …………gene

terraricca
    Participant

gene

thanks

Viewing 10 posts - 281 through 290 (of 290 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account