The serpent in the Garden of Eden

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 441 through 460 (of 564 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

If the children of the devil repent and are washed in the name of Jesus Christ

they can be cleansed, anointed from above too, and led to become children of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

Mk 1.32

Amd at even, when the sun did set, they brought unto him all that were diseased, and them that were possessed with devils. And all the city was gathered together at the door. And he healed many that were sick of divers diseases, and cast out many devils ;and suffered not the devils to speak, because they knew him.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

And there was in their synagogue a man with an unclean spirit; and he cried out saying

” Let us alone; what have we to do with thee, Jesus of Nazareth? Art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art, the holy one of God”

And Jesus rebuked him, saying

” Hold thy peace and come out of him”

And when the unclean spirit had torn him and cried out with a loud shriek, he came out of him.

And they were all amazed, insomuch that they questioned among themselves, saying

”What thing is this? What new doctrine is this? For with authority commandeth he even the unclean spirits, and they do obey him”

Is this what you called superstition?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

Eve was driven to follow her imagination?

By who?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

Mk 3.10f

For he had healed many; insomuch that they pressed upon him for to touch him, as many as had plagues.

And unclean spirits, when they saw him, fell down before him, and cried, saying

”Thou art the son of God”

This is truth, not superstition.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

lk 11.24f

“When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest; and finding none, he saith

‘I will return unto my house whence I came out’

And when he come through he findeth it swept and garnished. Then goeth he and take the to him 7 other spirits more wicked than himself; and they enter in, and dwell there; and the last state that of the man is worse than the first.”

So this is not superstition but the teaching of the Spirit.

Unclean spirits live in men.

They can be driven out..

They think and plan.

They vary in wickedness.

They can return with other spirits.

No Divine curse is required.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Jodi….NICK has a strong point, you need to directly address it. Do you believe there are demonic beings that can enter a human being, and cause him to suffer by their presence in him. Evil that comes not from the man himself? Jodi, what is a SPIRIT to you?

Peace and love to you and yours. ……gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

You say

“In the NT we see Jesus healing those inflicted with unclean spirits. What did pagans believe about unclean spirits(demons) during the time of Jesus? Their beliefs mirror that of Christian tradition”

Do you ascribe the teaching of the Spirit through Jesus Christ to pagan understandings?

Very brave, maybe foolhardy.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

Acts 7.42

But God turned away and delivered them up to serve the host of heaven..

Col 2.18

Let no man keep defrauding you of your prize by delighting in self abasement and the worship of the angels..

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

1Cor 10.19f

What do I mean then? That a thing sacrificed to idols is anything? No, but I say that the things which the gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to demons. I do not want you to become sharers in demons. You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons. You cannot partake of the table of the Lord and the table table of demons. Or do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? We are not stronger than he, are we?

Demons are real.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

Jude 14.

It was also about these men that Enoch, in the seventh generation from Adam, prophesied

’Behold the Lord came with many thousands of the holy ones, to execute judgment upon all and to convict all the ungodly  of all their ungodly deeds which they have done in an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him”

So this prophet you find to be the author of a work of fiction?

‘Do not believe every spirit’ does not apply to him.

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Gene, you said, “Jodi….NICK has a strong point, you need to directly address it. Do you believe there are demonic beings that can enter a human being, and cause him to suffer by their presence in him. Evil that comes not from the man himself? Jodi, what is a SPIRIT to you?”

I would like to establish the difference between the idea of a “demonic” entering someone and causing an infirmity, of which we see Jesus heals people from, verses the idea of a demonic influencing someone to sin.

Nick seems to believe that demonic spirits both inflict people with madness and also influence them to likewise follow their flesh and do wickedly, correct Nick?

*Scripture reveals that demonic spirits  also called “unclean spirits” are cast by the One True God, they are the very curses He said He would bring upon man. Deuteronomy makes it very clear that He brings sicknesses, diseases, and likewise the “unclean spirits” that cause people to go insane.

*Scripture also tells us that there are no wicked rebel spirits that can cause these infirmities, as God says that He ALONE, there is NO OTHER who brings darkness and calamity, by supernatural means. MOREOVER, God also says that the false gods like beelzebul and the false god’s demons are likewise fake, having no power to do good or evil as God SPECIFICALLY SAYS.  

*Likewise Jesus specifically tells us that there are no unclean spirits that come from outside a man that defiles a man causing him to SIN, man defiles himself with sin coming from within out of his own heart. We are told this throughout the bible, not just Jesus. Men also in their belief of false gods and their spirits, defile themselves in their sin of idolatry. In this idolatry they themselves put forth unclean spirits, all sort of falsehoods, deceptions, trickery-signs-miracles.

Daimonizomai – used as a unclean spirit causing infirmity of which Jesus HEALS people from, he rebukes them as he does a fever.

Daimon– represents either unclean spirits the same as above or false gods

daimonion -represents either unclean spirits the same as above or false gods

In all scriptures that relate to daimon we see it is either an unclean spirit causing an infirmity, which as I have stated it is God ALONE that can truly cause these infirmities, or it represents false gods, false gods that where believed by people to cause infirmities.

We have the false god beelzebul and his false spirits, of whom we see the Pharisees believed in.

In Revelation we have unclean spirits as false gods coming FROM KINGS blaspheming God, we see Babylon is cast down and becomes a place of false gods and all the wickedness that comes with idolatry. Because of their belief in either false gods themselves, or they themselves act like a god, they produce unclean spirits out of their hearts defiling themselves with falsehoods, blasphemies, and deceptions.

Revelation 16: 9 And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory. 10 And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain, 11 And blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and* their sores, and repented not of their deeds. 12 And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared. 13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet. 14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

Revelation 18:2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.

We see the word spirit used in a good sense, a spirit of wisdom, a spirit of humbleness, a spirit of happiness, a spirit of truth. It represents a state of mind, either a feeling or that which it contains, such as wisdom. These good spirits come from the influence of God and His Spirit. Likewise there can be sinful spirits, coming from within man, jealousy, anger, rage, deception, sinful pride, all rooted in the carnal mind. We are like wild beasts in that we try to dominate, we can be territorial…etc.. Such spirits, good or bad, are influential to the person itself and then becomes influential or impactful to others by the person’s words and deeds onto other people.

We see the word spirit used as an unclean spirit, like the one God cast on Saul, it was an infirmity causing him to feel troubled in his own spirit, like anxiety. Or it is a spirit more extreme like of madness, effecting the brain to be very dysfunctional having delusions, hallucinations, etc.. Likewise these spirits effect a person’s feelings and their state of mind.

I’m just not following what Nick is saying, it’s not only against scripture but also against reality itself that we can all attest to. Why do we call it the “terrible 2’s”?…why can teenagers be so difficult? It’s all within their nature, and how they are then nurtured and taught. The most challenging young children and teens are fighting against their nature, and their independence from their mother and father to want to follow their will which is based on the self and the desires of the flesh.  We can see the challenges our Heavenly Father has with us as we reflect on the challenges we have with our own children.  Nick, do you have any children? Seems as if Nick would have us believe that young children and teenagers are fighting against “DEMON POSSESSION” that is of IGNORANT SUPERSTITIONS.

Life is about SELF CONTROL, controlling the inward desires, aroused by our natural senses, it is not about denying superstitious demons. There is that saying “if it feels right do it”, this is such an exceedingly sinful mindset. Next thing we know beastiality will become allowable by law, people will be able to marry animals the way this world is headed. This is taking a natural desire and fulfilling it in an ungodly manner. Rapists likewise, it’s not even about the sex actually it’s about fulfilling the desire for domination, like a wild beast.  These sins come from within man, not superstitious demon possession. Those seeking for righteousness face the same challenges in our society with citizens and our own children that God faces with mankind, people’s lack of SELF control with their OWN desires.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

So you repeat your claims that demons are of superstition.

You offer the world’s view over that of sacred scripture.

We are warned about such false teachers.

Jodi
    Participant

Nick,

Yes pagan’s believed their gods had demons/unclean spirits that could inflict people causing madness. What you are denying is that God tells us specifically that these gods are fake, and that we should not FEAR them because it is God ALONE that we should fear, BECAUSE He ALONE  has the POWERS to curse. Either you believe God’s words or you don’t, and you sir seem to clearly deny them. Your rebellious evil spirits are Jewish FABLES, and are EXACTLY like the pagan’s FALSE gods!

Isaiah 45:6-7 “That they may know from the rising of the sun to its setting that there is none besides Me. I am the Lord, and there is no other; I form the light and create darkness, I make peace and create calamity; I the Lord do all these things.”

It’s not pagan gods, and it’s NOT your rebellious spirits, it is God.

Exodus 4:11 “So the Lord said to him,” Who has made man’s mouth? Or who makes the mute, the deaf, the seeing, or the blind? Have not I the Lord?”

Deut 30: 19″ ….I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing;”

Deut 28:28 The Lord will strike you with MADNESS and blindness and confusion of heart.

The word used for MADNESS in those days was demons, devils, and likewise we see unclean spirit used interchangeably. If you were a pagan you believed they came from your gods, if you were a righteous man FEARING and serving the TRUE GOD you believed they came from Him, if you were a self-righteous Jew you would believe in your own imagination or the imagination of other men, fables of fallen angels.

Jodi
    Participant

2 Kings 17:35 With whom the LORD had made a covenant, and charged them, saying, Ye shall not fear other gods, nor bow yourselves to them, nor serve them, nor sacrifice to them:

There are so many scriptures that say we shall fear God, why is that Nick?

Nick come out of your blindness!! Pagans feared other god’s because of the infirmities cast by their demons,they would even sacrifice people in hoping it would appease their gods and keep them protected.  God tells us that we should fear Him and Him ALONE as He brings the darkness, calamity, and curses.

There is NO scripture where God says that we should fear Him or else He will “allow” rebel spirits to inflict us.

God warned Cain that “sin” was at his door and “his” desire was to rule over Cain. Cain murdered Abel because HIS DEEDS were evil, and then God HIMSELF cursed Cain.

With the Israelites in the wilderness if they did good they would be blessed, if they sinned God would curse them through His RIGHTEOUS messengers, with unclean spirits, madness!!

What you speak of Nick only exists through your faulty interpretations of words, words that are DIRECTLY said to be speaking of MEN,  used directly to call men adversaries and slanderers, for following after their OWN IMAGINATIONS and HEARTS, but you turn and create a double meaning saying it represents men being influenced by another creature, or that the passage is also speaking of the fate also of that very creature. You take scriptures and align them with fables when they can be easily interpreted otherwise with other scriptures. You don’t give heed to the scriptures that say MEN are cast down from heaven, you don’t give heed to the fact that the dragon is said to be Kings and their men.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

You would try to use scripture to deny scripture?

They are from the world and they speak from the viewpoint of the world. 1jn4.5

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…Jodi makes sense brother, and she is alining with many scriptures. This is a very important subject, We all need to truly consider these things that Jodi is bringing out brother.

Jodi, BUT you still have not answered my question about SPIRIT, WHAT IS SPIRIT?

TO ME SPIRITS are types and kinds of intellects, like good and evil. They effect our cognitive comprehensions of life. Whats your understanding of them? Me and Nick have differed in our opinion about them in the past, would like to know your thoughts on them.

Peace and love to you both and yours. …….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gene,

1 Jn 4.5

“..and the world listens to them”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

If you cannot accept the teaching of Jesus Christ why should we bother?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gene,

Jodi has manufactured links between demons, false gods and pagan idolatry

and uses this as some sort of basis for rejecting the teachings of Jesus Christ.

I thought you had decided to follow Jesus, and not this worldly charlatan?

Viewing 20 posts - 441 through 460 (of 564 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account