The mystery of Melchizedek

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

Of course not a judgement, just a judgement right?

lol.

Many probably told Jesus the same thing. He could have been so useful to God right?

If only he was led by the Spirit to wash his hands and save people on the Sabbath.

Nick, take a long hard look in the mirror.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

If you destroy this temple in three days I will raise it up.

Jodi
    Participant

Hi T8,

Luke 2:11
    Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord.

When Jesus was born were you saved from your sins on that day? Or maybe you would like to tell me that your sins were forgiven prior by a pre-existing son? Surely the infant sucking on his mothers breasts and pooping in whatever kind of diaper they had back then was not in any way a master at that time?

The reason why this is stated like this is because the baby is being identified as the fulfillment of what the prophets spoke, that from AMONG the people of Israel, of the SEED of David a Messiah would come.

T8 do you just deny the Old Testament all together?

Jeremiah 23: 5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth. 6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS. 7 Therefore, behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that they shall no more say, The LORD liveth, which brought up the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt; 8 But, The LORD liveth, which brought up and which led the seed of the house of Israel out of the north country, and from all countries whither I had driven them; and they shall dwell in their own land.

The verse you speak of is in relationship to the prophecy, it is not declaring that the baby born pre-existed as a lord and a Messiah. It is declaring that God is fulfilling His promise spoken to the prophets, that of the seed of David God would raise up a savior.

Well it’s in the NT too, so I guess you deny that as well. It clearly states that Jesus was MADE into the Christ and the lord after he was raised from the dead.

Acts 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption. 32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. 33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear. 34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, 35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool. 36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

The SAME Jesus that died on the cross God MADE both a master and the Messiah.

It says that Jesus received the PROMISE, which was that a MAN of the seed of David would reign over Israel becoming an eternal king. Jesus received the promise of the Holy Spirit giving him eternal life. What he did NOT receive was going back to something that he was before.

Was Jesus the man perfected or not? Was Jesus raised from the dead and exalted because he was a MAN not deserving of death? Did David’s seed ‘s flesh not decay but instead was given eternal life? If you say no to these answers you believe in an antichrist figure, who is not truly Christ or lord.

God makes all things new, and he MADE the man Jesus into a heavenly MAN, the first among many.

So many scriptures would be written differently if what you were saying were true T8.

Why can’t you apply the promises given to the prophets that then in the NT are used also, direct quotes mind you many times??

Proclaimer
    Participant

“Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.”

Jesus had the power to forgive sins Jodi. I was not born when he was born, but upon receiving the gospel and repenting of my sins some 2000 years later, I was surely offered this salvation from the one born saviour in Bethlehem. He was born the Christ and the Lord. He is my Lord, and messiah.

Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist–denying the Father and the Son.

Some people here appear to deny Jesus as the Christ and saviour for most of his life here on Earth. I am not one of these people. I believe what is written when the angel declared Jesus as the Christ when he was born in Bethlehem.

Proclaimer
    Participant

If you destroy this temple in three days I will raise it up.

You do that Nick, but I am not going to help you because I will not destroy this temple you speak of.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

Try not to get distracted from helping folk learn the truth.

Be transformed by a renewal of your mind.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Sometimes the truth corrects and even rebukes.

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

This is what I do. I quote scripture and some folk get upset about what it says. So I make them face the scripture until they run away or accept it. You were in the running away stage but appear  to be struggling with this scripture, so you haven’t completely wrote it off. God endowed you and all men with enough to understand that it is saying that Jesus was born the messiah. You cannot struggle forever Nick because you will get very tired. You will either deny the scripture outright or believe it. Which is it? So far I have seen more denial and tricky wordings to get around this truth. Do you accept the scripture now?

Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord.

It says he was born as the messiah, the saviour, and the Lord. Right?

Anthony
    Participant

Hi Nick

You said on page one

indeed for your sake and others it would be good if you started to hear the voice of the Spirit in the mouths of God’s servants.

Nick you judge T8, that He isn’t hearing from the Spirit of God. He could have said the same thing to you, but He didn’t.Good for you T8. Nick judge not lest you be judged. Nick are you God servant, If so, you should have known not to judge someone on ” If their hearing from the Spirit of God” . This is not a good sign for you Nick. I myself could suppose your hearing from the wrong spirit, because of this matter.

Nick it would be much better if we all heard from the Spirit of God for ourselves. Later Nick  God bless T8

heard the Spirit of God f

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Anthony,

The Spirit bears good fruit.

Jodi
    Participant

Hi t8,

I listened to the video you posted at the beginning.

I hope you are ready to dig into scripture!!

John 8:3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst, 4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act. 5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou? 6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not. 7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them,He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. 8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground. 9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. 10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her,Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? 11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her,Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more. 12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying,I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. 13 The Pharisees therefore said unto him, Thou bearest record of thyself; thy record is not true. 14 Jesus answered and said unto them,Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go. 15 Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man. 16 And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.

HOW is it t8 that we are TOLD Jesus is able to judge? How is his judgement true?

Isaiah 42:1 Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles. 2 He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street. 3 A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth. 4 He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set judgment in the earth: and the isles shall wait for his law. 5 Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein: 6 I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles; 7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house. 8 I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images. 9 Behold, the former things are come to pass, and new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them.

Luke 4:17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Isaiah. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written, 18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, 19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

The SERVANT that was ANOINTED at the river was SENT. He brings forth true judgement because he is the MAN who God anointed with His Spirit making him able to do so. Isaiah says that this anointed servant will be a light.

t8 does John 8 sound familiar to you so far from what you are told by the prophet Isaiah and Jesus’s own words where he identified himself as the person who the prophet spoke of?

So far in John 8 we have MAJOR reference to Isaiah who gives the IDENTITY of Jesus, and then we know from Luke that Jesus identifies himself as the human servant of the seed of David who Isaiah gave prophecy about. ALL such so far in John 8 identifies Jesus with the human anointed with God’s Spirit. 

17 It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true. 18 I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.

SENT as in Jesus’s words he quoted from Isaiah, that God anointed him and sent him out into the world. Of which occurred upon his baptism after he returned from the wilderness.

19 Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered,Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also. 20 These words spake Jesus in the treasury, as he taught in the temple: and no man laid hands on him; for his hour was not yet come. 21 Then said Jesus again unto them,I go my way, and ye shall seek me, and shall die in your sins: whither I go, ye cannot come. 22 Then said the Jews, Will he kill himself? because he saith,Whither I go, ye cannot come. 23 And he said unto them,Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

WHAT did Jesus say just recently a few chapters ago t8?

John 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. 48 I am that bread of life. 49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead. 50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. 51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

THE BREAD that CAME DOWN from heaven is the FLESH of Jesus, not just any flesh, this represents the ANOINTED FLESH of Jesus, that has the full measure of God’s Spirit and power.

24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins. 25 Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them,Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning. 26 I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him.

RECALL t8 the WORDS of the prophet Isaiah and Jesus quoting from Isaiah, that the man Jesus was anointed with God’s Spirit in order to be sent to SPEAK the words of God.

27 They understood not that he spake to them of the Father. 28 Then said Jesus unto them,When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

Jesus directly identifies himself as a MAN and that he does nothing of himself, BECAUSE all that he does is because he has been anointed with the Spirit and sent out by God to fulfill God’s will. We know of this will because God gave it to the prophets so that we may know it and believe it, and it was established before time on earth began.

29 And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

hmm this sounds like Isaiah 42 also, “6 I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee

30 As he spake these words, many believed on him. 31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him,If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; 32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

hmm, this sound also like Isaiah that Jesus quoted in Luke 4, READ it AGAIN, “there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Isaiah. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written, 18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, 19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.”

33 They answered him, We be Abraham’s seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou,Ye shall be made free? 34 Jesus answered them,Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. 35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever. 36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed. 37 I know that ye are Abraham’s seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you. 38 I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father. 39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them,If ye were Abraham’s children, ye would do the works of Abraham. 40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham. 41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God. 42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

THE BREAD that came down from heaven is the anointed FLESH of Jesus. The anointed Jesus proceeded forth and came from God, all that Jesus did, speaking God’s word, healing the blind, walking on water, turning water into wine, all signs and miracles, even raising the dead Jesus did not accomplish through his own self but through God’s Spirit that God had anointed him with and then had SENT him out into the world. 

43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word. 44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. 45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not. 46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me? 47 He that is of God heareth God’s words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God. 48 Then answered the Jews, and said unto him, Say we not well that thou art a Samaritan, and hast a devil? 49 Jesus answered,I have not a devil; but I honour my Father, and ye do dishonour me. 50 And I seek not mine own glory: there is one that seeketh and judgeth. 51 Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death. 52 Then said the Jews unto him, Now we know that thou hast a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and thou sayest, If a man keep my saying, he shall never taste of death. 53 Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself?

Jesus is GREATER than Abraham he is BEFORE Abraham, he is declared FIRST according to,

Col1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

preeminence meaning in the Greek FIRST PLACE. He has it because he is the perfected human that was raised from the dead, being the firstborn of eternal life. We are told, 1 Peter 1:19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: 20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you, 21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God. 

Jesus received the glory upon rising from the dead, he is greater than Abraham, he is BEFORE Abraham, he is FIRST, as God gave him who was resurrected from the dead glory and the preeminence. The firstborn of many brethren receives the inheritance the birthright of the Father, Jesus was made master over all of creation, he inherited and became ruler over all creation. We are told he is a righteous judge a righteous ruler over all, NOT because he pre-existed but because he suffered and was tempted just as we are tempted.

Knowing that this man was in fact foreordained before the foundations of the world, ALL things were created through HIM and FOR HIM, the HIM here being the perfected lamb without spot or blemish, the one who followed God’s will perfectly overcoming the bondage of the fear of death showing perfect faith in believing God’s promise that he had GIVEN to his father David, when he went to the cross. God raised him giving him the mercies of DAVID. ALL things were created through and for the man who received the mercies promised to David and his seed. 

54 Jesus answered,If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God: 55 Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying. 56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

Genesis 18:18 Seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him?

Galatians 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed……16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

GOSPEL—13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: 

Christ–anointed by the Spirit

Romans 1:3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh; 4 And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

Abraham was given a promise he saw the future fulfillment of that promise which was that his seed would be the Christ, the anointed man, DECLARED a Son of God according to the Spirit of Holiness by the resurrection of the dead. Abraham SAW THIS DAY and rejoiced!! 

57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham? 58 Jesus said unto them,Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. 59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

JESUS is not by any stretch of the imagination in the Context of this entire chapter, that references Jesus’s words, and that of the prophet Isaiah, saying that he pre-existed before Abraham and saw Abraham.

Abraham said he rejoiced to see “his day” NOT that he saw Jesus back in the day. Abraham rejoiced because he saw into the future, the day of Jesus being raised from the dead, the day that Jesus became the firstborn of the dead, Jesus says I AM the Christ, I AM the bread that came down from heaven (which was his anointed FLESH), I AM the LIGHT of the world. How is he the light of the world?..Isaiah tells us, because God anointed him with his Spirit, calling him into righteousness giving him the glory of the Father that God said to the human servant that He would not give to another, so that he could be perfected and be the lamb without spot or blemish.

Acts 26:23 That Christ should suffer, and that he should be the first that should rise from the dead, and should shew light unto the people, and to the Gentiles.

BEFORE this sprung forth God declared it, it was declared before the world even began. Jesus the firstborn of the dead has been appointed ruler over all the earth, in him all things consist because through this man that now sits at God’s right hand, God brings redemption TO EARTH, all creatures will be changed humans and animals, neither will there be any thorns. YES BEFORE Abraham Jesus IS, he is the firstborn of the dead where in all things he would have the preeminence, he would be before Abraham he would be Abraham’s master. Before time began he was foreordained to be the firstborn among many brethren of eternal life.  David saw this same prophecy, it was a promise God gave to him, and why David called his son a master, because God had promised his future seed eternal life where his flesh would not see corruption, and he would be made ruler over his kingdom. David knew that by God THROUGH his seed God would be all in all. 

I will reply to the order of Melchisedec next.

All I have done here is apply scripture with scripture.

Anthony
    Participant

Hi T8 and Jodi

FEW MYSTERIES of the Bible have attracted more interest than the mystery of the identity of Melchizedek. Who is he?
    You will read in Hebrews 6:19-20 that Jesus Christ, after His resurrection, is High Priest “after the order of Melchizedek.” The plainer English of the Moffatt translation words it: “… with the rank of” — that is, equal status with — “Melchizedek.”

Melchizedek Was God’s Priest

First, notice from both Old and New Testaments that the man of mystery, Melchizedek, was a priest of the Most High God. Turn ‘low to the account in Genesis 14. During the war between a number of ancient city-states in Canaan and Mesopotamia, Abraham’s nephew Lot had been captured. He and his family and goods were carted off.
    One of their number escaped and brought the news to Abraham, who armed 318 of his own servants and pursued the invaders to what was later named Dan and beyond. Abraham rescued Lot and his family and returned them safely to the Canaanite cities. On Abraham’s return a man of mystery bursts upon the scene. Abraham was ministered to by Melchizedek.
    Here is the account:
    “And Melchizedek king of Salem brought out bread and wine; he was priest of God Most High. And he [Melchizedek] blessed him [Abraham] and said, ‘Blessed be Abram by God Most High, maker of heaven and earth; and blessed be God Most High, who has delivered your enemies into your hand!’ And Abram gave him [Melchizedek] a tenth of everything” that is, a tithe of all, for a tithe means a tenth (Genesis 14:18-20, RSV).
    Notice that Melchizedek was king of Salem. That is the city of Jerusalem. “Salem” comes from the Hebrew word meaning “peace.” That would make Melchizedek the “King of Peace” (Heb. 7:2). The Hebrew name Melchizedek itself means “King of Righteousness” (Heb. 7:2).
    The same individual is mentioned in Psalm 110:4. Speaking prophetically of Christ, David stated: “The Eternal hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest forever after the order ofMelchizedek.” This verse is quoted again in Hebrews 5:610.
    Before we turn to Hebrews for the identification of Melchizedek, remember that this mystery figure is a mystery only to us. Abraham and the King of wicked Sodom knew exactly who he was. They must have seen him before. He could not have been a Canaanite, for they were steeped in pagan customs. And furthermore Canaan was a descendant of Ham, whereas God basically chose the descendants of Shem to accomplish His work.
    Then who is the mystery man Melchizedek?
    One other hint before we proceed. The land of Canaan from ancient time, before the days of Moses, was known among the Gentiles as “the divine land” the Holy land” the land of the place of worship!” Why? Was there someone in the Holy lookLand who was divine, holy, worthy of worship?

The Mystery Clears

Coming to Hebrews 7, we find Melchizedek identified:
    “For this Melchizedek, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him; to whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace” (Heb. 7:1-2).
    Since God names individuals what they are, that, then is what this man is.. “King of Righteousness.”
    Think of it! King of Righteousness.
    Jesus Himself said: “There is none good but one, that is, God” (Matt. 19:17). Human self-righteousness is, before God, as filthy rags. None can be righteous but God or one made righteous by God’s power or Christ in a person! And certainly none but One of the Godhead the divine Kingdom of God could be King of Righteousness. Such an expression, applied to any but God, would be blasphemous. Why?
    Righteousness is obedience to God’s Law. Since God made all laws (James 4:12), He is Supreme Ruler or King. He determines what righteousness is. “All thy commandments are righteousness” (Psalm 119:172). When speaking of one of the points of that Law, Jesus placed Himself superior to it. He is Lord of the Sabbath (Mark 2:28). No man is Lord or King over God’s Law. Only God could be! All human beings have sinned and broken that Law of righteousness (Romans 3:23).
    To continue with Hebrews 7. Note, too, that this man was King of peace. “Salem” from which Jerusalem was named means “peace.” And remember, Jesus is called the Prince of peace! No human being could be King of Peace. Men know not the way of peace. Read Romans 3:10 and 17: “There is none righteous, no, not one…. And the way of peace have they not known.”
    Observe further: Melchizedek was “without mother, without father, without descent,” or as the Phillips translation renders it: “He had no father or mother and no family tree.” He was not born as human beings are. He was without father and mother. This does not mean that Melchizedek‘s records of birth were lost. Without such records human priests could not serve (Ezra 2:62). But here Melchizedek had no genealogy. He must not have been an ordinary mortal. He had no descent or pedigree from another, but was self-existent. Notice Paul’s own inspired interpretation of this fact: “Having neither beginning of days, nor end of life” (Heb. 7:3). Therefore He has always existed from eternity! He was not even created, like angels. But He is now eternally self-existing. And that is true only of GOD deity, not humanity!

Not the Father Nor the Holy Spirit

Yet Melchizedek cannot be God the Father. He was the “priest of that Most High God.” Scripture says no man has ever seen the Father (John 1:185:37), but Abraham saw Melchizedek. He cannot be God the Father, but rather, “made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually” (Heb. 7:3).
    And there it is! In the days of Abraham, He was not the Son of God, for He had not yet been born of the virgin Mary but He was made like unto the Son of God in His manifestation to the ancients.
    Notice again: Melchizedek, this scripture reveals, abides that is, remains permanently, continually, a priest. God the Father is not the Priest of God, but Christ the Son is! Yet, in the days when the Apostle Paul lived and wrote, shortly after Jesus ascended to heaven as High Priest, the scripture states that even then Melchizedek “abideth “which means does now abide — “a priest continually.” The Moffatt translation states it: “continues to be priest permanently” even while Jesus Christ is High Priest!
    And notice that the order of Christ’s Priesthood is named after Melchizedek. It is the High Priest’s name that is placed upon an order just as Aaron’s name was upon the Aaronic priesthood. Thus Melchizedek was then High Priest, in Paul’s day, and even now, and He will rule forever! And at the same time Christ was, is today, and shall be forever High Priest!
    Are there two High Priests’? No! Impossible! The conclusion is inescapable. Contrary to many cherished man — thought — out ideas, Melchizedek and Christ are one and the same!
    Some people have stumbled on the statement that Melchizedek has no “end of life.” They contend that since Christ died, He had an end of life! If that be true then Christ is still dead! But Christ is not dead. He is alive. It was not possible for Christ to be held by death (Acts 2:24). Melchizedek would never have fulfilled His office of High Priest if He had not died for the sins of the people and risen again. It is the function of the High Priest to lead the way to salvation.

Melchizedek Was Worshipped

Continue verse 4 of Hebrews 7: “Now consider HOW GREAT THIS MAN WAS.”
    These words constitute WORSHIP! Notice a Bible definition of worship in Rev. 13:4 “how men worship the “beast” — the Roman Empire — by saying, “Who is like unto the Roman Empire? Who is able to make war with it?” Such words constitute worship — “and they worshipped the beast.”
    But in Hebrews 7, inspired by the Holy Spirit in Scripture, we find this exaltation — this WORSHIP — accorded Melchizedek! Such language could be used in Scripture only of one of the Godhead. Christ is worthy of WORSHIP — even the angels worship Him! But neither angels nor archangels may be worshipped. So Melchizedek is greater than an archangel — He is of the same rank, or station, as Christ!
    Yes, of course! For He and Christ are One and the same Person!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Anthony,

You follow the fanciful worshipers of mankind.

Come put of her.

Truthcomber
    Participant

Hi All,

John 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God…14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Heb 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday (2.000 years ago), and to day, and for ever.

Me: The Word became one or joined with flesh.  A Theophany like Melchizedek are temporary expressions of God.  Christ is the permanent manifestation of God.

Dan 7:13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. 14 And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

Heb 7: 15  And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest,

Heb 5:10 Called of God an high priest after the order (5010) of Melchisedec.

5010. taxis

Usage: order, (a) regular arrangement, (b) appointed succession, (c) position, rank.

Me: Daniel 7:13 shows a vision of how the Messiah would look like.  Heb 7:15 and 5:10 also shows how Christ would look like–that of Melchisedec.

The word is the direct expression of God himself and thus is God and should be worshiped as God.

John 14:7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him...9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father.

Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Col 115 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: 16 For (in) him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created (in) him, and for him: 17 And he is before all things, and (in) him all things consist.

Me: Christ is the exact expression inwardly and outwardly of God himself.  For no man has ever or can ever see God except through his expression. The Word was in Christ, and all things were created by the Word in Christ (Col 1:15-17) above and not the man Christ. All things were created for him because he inherited all things. All emphasis in the parentheses are mine.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi T8 and Everyone else,

This account seems more credible to me

Truthcomber
    Participant

Hi All,

Col 1:16 …all things were created (1223. dia on account of him) him and for him,

Me: Christ inherited all things.

Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him (new creation) all things consist.

New American Standard Bible
    Col 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.

Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Me: Christ is the firstborn of the spiritual creation. He is the creator of the spiritual creation.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Anthony, TC……talk about “mystery religion”, man, I never saw so much added to scriptures as you people are adding,  to push you preexistence thelogies,  why not use the most simple reasons, the reason Melchizedek’s genogoligy was not known ,was because it was not given,  that does not mean he did not have one, it just was not given in scripture. But if you will notice he still was a ‘man” so he had to have a genogoligy from some where in the human race. No where does say anyone “worshiped” him either.  Bowing to some one’s authority, does not equate you are worshiping them, we bow to Jesus, “to the Glory of God the Father”, that does not equate worshiping him as a God, i think not.

Peace and love to you and yours. ………gene

Anthony
    Participant

Hi TC

You said: Christ is the firstborn of the spiritual creation. He is the creator of the spiritual creation

No TC He the firstborn of All creation. You seem to come up with these meanings that change the Word of God . Are you always looking for some type of hidden meaning. God bless TC

Anthony
    Participant

Hi Gene

You said: But if you will notice he still was a ‘man” so he had to have a genogoligy from some where in the human race.

Well Gene the scriptures say that He didn’t have geneology I’m I to believe the scriptures or you with your ideas. Later

Anthony
    Participant

Hi T8

Good videos. Jesus Christ and us the body of Christ under the order of Melchizedek. God bless

Truthcomber
    Participant

Hi Anthony:

You: You said: Christ is the firstborn of the spiritual creation. He is the creator of the spiritual creation No TC He the firstborn of All creation. You seem to come up with these meanings that change the Word of God . Are you always looking for some type of hidden meaning. God bless TC.

Me:
    Prov 25:2 It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter 3 The heaven for height, and the earth for depth, and the heart of kings is unsearchable.

Me: We are to become kings and priests. We understand what the majority doesn’t. Do you want to be of the majority? I did not change one  word of God. Show me how I changed anything by using a alternative definition that was not the word of God to make the scriptures fit.

Rev 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

2 Cor 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. 15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Me: Don’t believe the conventional wisdom. The book of revelation for example, is full of hidden meanings to be revealed in the end times.

Dan 12:4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

Me: Spiritual knowledge shall be increased now not by learning the same old things in the same old way. Lot’s of ministers in churches follow the congenital wisdom only arid are stuck their in falsehoods. They will not change but to do so would make their perpetual error make them look foolish.

Let Christ teach you, not men.

Matt 23:10 (NLV) And don’t let anyone call you ‘Teacher,’ for you have only one teacher, the Messiah.

1 Thes 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

Me: I have not found any forum yet that have members willing to sharper iron with iron but instead hold on to the traditions of men. This includes you.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 95 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account