Testing the Trinity

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 601 through 620 (of 637 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

Note how the Word is from the beginning till the end.

Thus Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Colossians 1:13 teaches us that it is the Son of God that Paul is speaking about in the following verses.

Jesus is the Son of God because he received and lived by the Spirit of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Yes that is what I was saying.

The Word is the Son.

Yesterday today and forever.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

The so called trinity idea cannot stand any testing.

It is imaginary and an insult to the God men should fear.

Proclaimer
    Participant

You rely on Scripture as much as the Pharisees did – and you’re just as blind..
    It’s obvious you cannot have the Father without the Son or the Spirit..
    Let go of your pet arguments on third century doctrine..
    And receive the pure Word of Scripture..
    It’s that simple.

Right, so if I add the Trinity Doctrine in and use that as the standard by which all scripture is to be interpreted, then I will stop being a Pharisee and instead be relying on the Spirit?

This is what you are saying right?
    Truly this is what you are trying to convince me of.

I reject it as I have always rejected your teaching on who God is and who the son is.

lol, what more can I say. This is what it boils down to.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hi,
    Note how the Word is from the beginning till the end.
    Thus Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever.

Hi KW,
    Yes that is what I was saying.
    The Word is the Son.
    Yesterday today and forever.

Great Nick. I see you have had a change of heart, or that you have made yourself understood while I misunderstood your earlier statements.

Either way, yes he is the same yesterday, today, and forever and is the Word that became flesh. And he is now back in the glory that he had with the Father before the cosmos. Amen.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

Yes Jesus Christ is.

The vessel Jesus of Nazareth? no.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T*,

Jesus of Nazareth was ANOINTED with the Holy Spirit and power and went about doing good… acts 10

The anointing is the relevant issue. The obedient man was led by the Spirit.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hi t8,
    Yes Jesus Christ is.
    The vessel Jesus of Nazareth? no.

Oh okay. If the Word became flesh, then did the Word become Jesus of Nazareth or not

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

Acts 2.22.

“Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders which God performed through him in your midst..”

God via His Spirit is the relevant issue.

Men do not exist prior to their conception

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

Jesus became Jesus Christ, the Word, by the anointing with the Holy Spirit.

Proclaimer
    Participant

But did the Word that did exist, come in the flesh to live amongst us?

NickHassan
    Participant

hi t8,

Yes.

The WORD became Jesus Christ at the Jordan.

John spoke of touching the WORD in his first letter so he knew what had happened.

kerwin
    Participant

t8,

You are confused by Trinitarian teachings that teach the the Word is Jesus Christ and their tranlators often translate Koine Greek pronouns that do not declare gender to English ones that do.

The divine word doctrine John used was an established Jewish teaching of that time. Philo of Alexander used it in his own works and it is just Jewish mystic thought that is confusing to those that are not seeing it from that viewpoint.

Scripture itself uses mystic thought fairly often and so can be hard to understand.

It is a known teaching that certain men disregarded so they could dress up the imperial cult in Christian cloths. These same men and their disciples found passages in Scripture to support their invention. We were both handed these teachings and though we have some out we need to discard them all.

The word John is speaking is the same one that is explicitly written in Scripture when it says God said Let there be light…

Wikipedia:Philo’s view of God

He(Philo) translates this passage as follows: “He made man after the image of God,” concluding therefrom that an image of God existed. This image of God is the type for all other things (the “Archetypal Idea” of Plato), a seal impressed upon things. The Logos is a kind of shadow cast by God, having the outlines but not the blinding light of the Divine Being.

Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy: Philo of Alexandria

Philo believes that the Logos is “the man of God” (Conf. 41) or the shadow of God that was used as an instrument and a pattern of all creation (LA 3.96). The Logos converted unqualified, unshaped preexistent matter, which Philo describes as “destitute of arrangement, of quality, of animation, of distinctive character and full of disorder and confusion,” (Op. 22) into four primordial elements:

Philo’s teaching is nonsense but the way he way he uses words is instructive of Jewish mystic thought of that time. Jews have abandoned it for the most part because ignorant men have a bad habit of misinterpreting it. Only mystics themselves have hung onto it as far as I know. Scripture still uses it.

John is uses words to demonstrate God’s word is his shadow. There now two God’s but one God and his word and his word is his shadow or reflection. The Word was “the outlines but not the blinding light of the Divine Being”.

It is this outline that is made flesh in the human being Jesus of Nazareth.

It is a strict monotheist teaching with no preexistence.

It is hard to understand because it is not the modern way of thought.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and forever.

The Word became flesh, and the flesh contributes nothing.

It is all about the Lord God and His Holy and eternal Spirit in human vessels.

carmel
    Participant

Where does scripture SEPARATE God from His own Spirit?

Are you separate from yours too?

Nick,

THAT WHERE YOU ARE OF TRACK

JESUS WAS SEPARATED FROM THE FATHER:

PHYSICALLY

SLAIN FROM THE BEGINNING OF THE WORLD:REV 13:8

BUT STILL MAINTAINED ONENESS WITH THE FATHER

SPIRITUALLY

John 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth; I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

AS CLEAR AS CRYSTAL REV.13:8 FROM THE BEGINNING OF THE WORLD!

5And now glorify thou me, O Father, with thyself, with the glory which I had, before the world was, with thee.

And no man hath ascended into heaven, but he that descended from heaven, the Son of man who is in heaven.

CONFIRMED:

BEFORE THE WORLD WAS!

ON EARTH AND STILL IN HEAVEN

ARE YOU STILL BLIND!

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi C,

No.

Gnostic ideas add nothing to truth.

Participant

Hi DavidL:

Listened to the videos that you shared with us relative to the “Trinity”, and all I can say is, Wow, what a misunderstanding of the scriptures.

Jesus said that:

All authority over heaven and earth had been given unto him. It was given to him by the Father. He is not God, but is God’s representative, His Christ, and it is through him that God chose to reconcile the world unto Himself.

The problem is that when you read scripture you don’t read it in context to see what Jesus is saying. When he replied to the Pharisees, “before Abraham was, I am”. He stated that before Abraham was he “existed”, but then he states: “Abraham desired to see my day, and he saw it and was glad”. He had been pre-destined to be revealed to humanity at a particular time in history, as he was. It was through him that God would fulfill his plan for humanity.

In in John 5, he made it clear that he could do nothing if not for God, but he asked that we honor him as we honor God, as one sent by God, but he did not say that we should worship him as God.

Speaking to the Samaritan woman, he stated:

For the time is coming and now is, that the true worshipers will worship the Father in Spirit and in truth”. He also taught us to pray to the Father in the Lord’s prayer. He did not say that we should pray to him.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

DavidL
    Participant

The problem is that when you read scripture you don’t read it in context to see what Jesus is saying

It’s painfully obvious that there have always been problems over the Word of God – problems that actually go right back to the garden…

Satan instigated counterfeit religion when he succeeded in drawing Eve away (from pure and simple trust in the revealed Word of God) – into the shady domain of human reasoning… and from there the greatest enemy to truth has become the old subtle serpent of our own natural wisdom..

When we open the Word we either partake from the Tree of Life, or from the Tree of Knowledge…one looks good, sounds good and seems right to our carnal mind… and yet it’s fruit is death – while the other looks ordinary, seems slow, old fashioned and humble…yet it’s fruit is eternal Life, and divine revelation through the Spirit of God.

There is only one way to understand Scripture – meditate and listen for the voice of the Spirit that speaks in the stillness of your heart. The Pharisees had abundant learning in the written Word…and yet their puffed up knowledge of the truth only isolated them further and further from the truth.. to the point where they actually fulfilled the desires of Satan, while thinking they were serving God..!!

That is how deluded we also can get by relying on our own natural understanding to interpret the meaning or context of Scripture.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi davidl,

True,

But you are following the fabrications of men.

The Holy Spirit reminds us of the words of Jesus Christ and not those of catholic theologians.

Viewing 20 posts - 601 through 620 (of 637 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account