Testing the Trinity

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 581 through 600 (of 637 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi davidl,

But you do not have the Spirit.

You teach what men say and not the words of Jesus Christ.

kerwin
    Participant

DavidL,

Jesus is the one teaches me that Scripture cannot be broken and I choose to believe him but you do not. You instead believe those that tell you logical reasoning is a sin even though Jesus himself uses it. Such unbelief is of the flesh and not of the Spirit.

Jesus also tells us the our Father is his God and yet you have been taught not to believe him because according to your teachers believing him is logical and therefore false.

Scripture tells us that God cannot be tempted by evil and that Jesus was tempted as we are and yet you not believe it because your teachers teach you not to test the spirit of what they teach by using logical reasoning.

Your teachers are deceived and deceiving.

My logical reasoning is based on faith since I believe what is written.

Proclaimer
    Participant

you agree with Muslims, Jews, Mormons, JW’s,

You agree with them too. They all believe that God exists and that Jesus is the Christ.
    Are you the same as them? What is the point to your quote above. Anyone for example could say that you agree with Adolph Hitler. After all he believed in gravity right.

Mormons believe in a Godhead composed of a council of three distinct divine beings. Sounds a bit like the Trinity. Are you a Mormon. It seems you have more in common with them than myself. I believe in one God the Father who is in all and through all and one Lord Jesus Christ who is the son of the one true God.

Your accusations are not gaining traction are they? Time for a new tactic perhaps?

Proclaimer
    Participant

The Trinity Doctrine is so preposterous that it contradicts the most basic and simple truths in scripture and causes much confusion and unnecessary division.

For example, the Holy Spirit came to Mary instead of Mary’s husband Joseph. Thus is the Holy Spirit the Father of Jesus, or is the Heavenly Father? Explain that one with the confusing dogma of the Trinity.

John 15:26
    “But when the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth, who proceeds from the Father, he will bear witness about me.

The Holy Spirit is the spirit of the Father and is not another person, nor an equal partner of a triune God.

DavidL
    Participant

What is the point to your quote above..?

t8 – you rely on human understanding instead of the Spirit’s revelation of Christ, and so deny the reality of Jesus like all other cults and religions do…

..you constantly seem to forget this one simple point..

DavidL
    Participant

t8

John 15:26
    “But when the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth, who proceeds from the Father, He will bear witness about Me.”

The Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father

The Son proceeds from the Father

And yet they are obviously Both seen in Scripture as separate to the Father..!!

It’s so simple really if you stop bashing your head around…

The Three are One – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit..

You cannot have One without the Other Two… a Unit of Three or – ‘Tri-Unity’

Dare I say it – Trinity.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi davidl ,

Where does scripture SEPARATE God from His own Spirit?

Are you separate from yours too?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Davidl,

If you were given the Spirit would it unite you with God and His Son

or

divide you from them?

Proclaimer
    Participant

It’s so simple really if you stop bashing your head around…

The Three are One – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit..

You cannot have One without the Other Two… a Unit of Three or – ‘Tri-Unity’

Dare I say it – Trinity.

Wrong. The Spirit is the spirit of the Father. It proceeds from him. It is his own spirit and not another person. This spirit is called both “The Spirit of God” and the “Spirit of the Father”.

But the son was begotten of God. “For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself”.

There is the Father and the Son. Eternal life is to know the one true God and the son.

Proclaimer
    Participant

t8 – you rely on human understanding instead of the Spirit’s revelation of Christ, and so deny the reality of Jesus like all other cults and religions do…

..you constantly seem to forget this one simple point..

So I rely on scripture and that is human understanding, but to believe in a doctrine some three centuries later means I would be relying on the spirit?

Yeah right. Do you really think I would even entertain that for one minute? lol.

For us there is one God the Father. Is my understanding here wrong? In that case you could be right, but Paul would be wrong. And Jesus would be wrong when he referred to his Father as the one true God and to himself as the one who the one true God sent into the world.

Let’s be honest as to what you are doing. You are trying to draw men away from Christ and to yourself. But I believe Jesus Christ and hear his voice instead of yours. Baa.

DavidL
    Participant

So I rely on scripture and that is human understanding, but to believe in a doctrine some three centuries later means I would be relying on the spirit?

You rely on Scripture as much as the Pharisees did – and you’re just as blind..

It’s obvious you cannot have the Father without the Son or the Spirit..

Let go of your pet arguments on third century doctrine..

And receive the pure Word of Scripture..

It’s that simple.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi davidl,

You boast of your spiritual vision?

But then promote ideas formed by men to counter error?

kerwin
    Participant

DavidL,

The idea that Jesus is an angel may well be a First Century Heresy as the book of Hebrews addresses it.

Those that taught the idea that Jesus is human are testified to exist by Justin Martyr in the Second Century and believed to be a First Century teaching.

Scripture also teaches that Jesus is the human that mediates between God and humanity.

It is a matter of believing what God says and your fruit in not belief.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi David,

you say

“The Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father
    And yet they are obviously Both seen in Scripture as separate to the Father..!!”
    Where is the Father seen as SEPARATE from His own Spirit?

kerwin
    Participant

Charles,

It seems to me that you cannot accept the PURE FACT THAT

WHAT WE CALL EMPTY SPACE

IS NOT EMPTY SPACE AT ALL!

Empty, full, it does not care since it did not exist before God created the universe. The idea of cosmic egg is not completely false because it teaches that the media upon space exists was infinitely small but not zero while Scripture teaches it was zero because in the beginning God created space and the media upon which it stretches. He created it during 12 “hours” of night for the night at the time of Jesus was always 12 hours long no matter how long it would be in today’s time.

The bottom line is that God created the heaven and the earth out of nothing for he is all that existed and he is not a creature but he is the creator.

The next thing he did is create time for that First Night did not end until he spoke his word and light came to exist and then he separated it from the darkness so that the First timeless Night came to an end in heaven.

kerwin
    Participant

David,

Of course.

But then so does John the Baptist and any other servant of God.

Scripture teaches us the Spirit of God is as the spirit of a man knowing the deep things of the being it is part of. (1 Corinthians 2:10)
    Scripture also teaches us that God lives in us by his Spirit if we have the Spirit.(1 Corinthians 3:16)

His Spirit is also treated as a separate part of the Unity because it and God by way of it tie the Unity of the Spirit together.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

In Colossians 1 you see the Son as the Anointing so if you go by that the Son and the Advocate are one and the same. In short David is comparing the Spirit to the Spirit under two different titles. I find it humorous though he made other errors I was inspired to address.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Jesus Christ is Son by that anointing I would have said.

And now the Son inherits the history of that precious anointing

because the anointing IS the relevant Power and Knowledge of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Davidl,

I guess, having separated the Spirit from the Father and the Son,

you needed to somehow make them into some sort of conglomerate god?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Col1.15f

” He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.

For by him all things were created , both in the heavens and the earth,

visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers-all things have been created through him and for him.

He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. He is also the head of the body, the church and he is the beginning,

the firstborn of the dead, so that he himself will come to have first place in everything.

For it was the Father’s good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in him, and through him to reconcile all things to Himself

having made peace through the blood of his cross;through him, I say, whether things on earth or things in heaven”

This identifies the WORD, the Christ, the anointing as being of the SPIRIT of God and serving God.

Viewing 20 posts - 581 through 600 (of 637 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account