Satan

Viewing 20 posts - 1,821 through 1,840 (of 2,238 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    You mock scripture and say how can such things a satan and the pit exist if we have not seen it.
    You have seen so little yet bravely rashly defy what is written.
    Submit your stubborn intellect to the words of God.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….show me where i (MOCK SCRIPTURE) When did i say (HOW CAN THINGS A SATAN AND THE PIT EXIST) show me where is said that, and while i have seen so little its better then seeing nothing as you seem to , Parroting God's words means nothing (understanding) them is the KEY, and maybe you need to submit your stubborn intellect to the will of GOD and try to (UNDERSTAND) His words for a change.

love and peace to you…………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    You boast of your ability to understand the Word.
    Yet you turn to philosophy and science ahead of it?

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 29 2008,09:54)
    GB,
    You boast of your ability to understand the Word.
    Yet you turn to philosophy and science ahead of it?

Hi Nick,

Using facts of science, and reality from our world to help better understand the bible is putting the mind that God GAVE US to PROPER USE, remaining an ignorant fool parroting scripture while keeping in line with heathen superstitions is NOT.

Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Dec. 29 2008,06:53)
    Nick…….my view of the bottomless pit is God removing EVIL from Man and animals consciousness which leaves only GOOD awareness. And as a result only good influences are left. The bottomless pit or obis, is the realm of thought that Evil exists in, it is considered bottomless because EVIL always PULLS DOWN WARD and NEVER HITS BOTTOM, because EVIL is Part of life and ALWAYS EXISTED and ALWAYS WILL and IT WILL ALWAYS PULL DOWN WARD, so it is considered n endless force that always pulls downward therefore it can only be put in a bottomless pit, when it is separated from us. And must be sealed by GOD to be prevented from influencing us.

Now before you start clamoring gene's gospel  he's preaching false and non scripture based teachings, let me say this is (ONLY) what i (THINK) it (CAN) mean, I am not saying i know for a fact thats right, but it is just as valid as what you say and state because no where in what you posted does it say what the word bottomless pit is. It is symbolic though, and can only be understood that way. IMO

peace and love ……………….gene

Hi Gene:

It is obiously a pit with out a bottom, but where are you getting the rest of your explanation?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

942767…….Like i said i am not preaching or teaching this , it just what i think the possibilities could be. I believe that Evil is a Spirit force and has on end, it draws downward, and when God removes it from the earth and casts it away so it can't effect Man or animal on earth, for a thousand years. It must be separated and contained hence it is cast into a bottomless pit and chained and the sealed, in order to keep it from influencing the human mind. Evil cannot be destroyed eternally neither can Good, Good and Evil is what makes up life they are opposites and give definition to what life is.

They explain each other. You could never no Good without Evil nor Evil without Good they both come from one tree,and explain what the other is. Wisdom is derived from understanding them both. Eve was disobedient to GOD , but not stupid and neither was Adam, they both understood to experience them both would give them wisdom. Eve understood the trees fruit was good to make one wise So she (EAT) took to herself its fruit and so did Adam. And their EYES WERE OPENED, they began to gain wisdom. God even Said look Man has become as we are to Know (experience) good and evil. Adams fall was no accident it was in GOD'S WILL all along. He could have easily prevented it by removing Evil in the beginning as He does at the beginning of the thousand year period , and there would have never been (ANY) EVIL on EARTH. Just look what happens during the thousand year period.
    So why didn't he just do that end the beginning and we would have never had to experience Evil and Everyone could just live in utopia like the tousand year reign of Jesus and the Saints.

The answer is given at the end of the thousand years when Evil is released again and the whole earth goes after it again, you would think after thousand years of being taught by Jesus and the Saints the inhabitants of the earth would have learn to only do Good wouldn't you. But NO immediately the turn evil. Moral of the story and a great proved POINT by GOD is that no matter How much evil is removed and ONLY righteousness or GOOD is taught, we will fail unless GOD HIMSELF TAKES UP RESIDENTS IN US , Like He does the Saints and Jesus, we are ships adrift with our a rudder or pilot, we without GOD in will go which ever way the wind blows and the thousand year period absolutely proves that point. Again this is the way (I) see it am not asking anyone to view it that way.

Love and peace to you and yours 942747……………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

A fine philosophy GB,
    But should you not at least take scripture into account?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………if you have a better explanation tell Us then. And many scriptures were taken into consideration, if you understood scripture you would have known that. Again i said this is the way i see it, not you or anyone else has to.

Peace and love to all…………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Listen to the son of God and do not cast aside his teachings in favour of modern ideas.

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Tiffany @ Dec. 28 2008,00:04)

nick wrote:

GB,
    I think I .messed thinks up, sorry. But I do agree with you. Satan is the biggest liar. And to think that He is not a being is also the beggest lie ever told.
    Irene

Irene, my understandings shows that you fear a make believe supernatural being whom you have given God's Power's to, you teach of a false god and you fear him, which is a form of worship.

You worship this make believe fallen angel, and you teach others to do so.

The carnal mind fears God, the mind of the spirit has cast out the fear and has a deeper understanding of God and that understanding creates love. The Heathen Mind, your mind Irene, fears supernatural beings.

Sorry if that offends you, but it is what I see, you follow the traditions of man, twisting bible verses such as Genesis 6, Ezekiel 28, and the symbols of Revelations 12, to create a false god figure of whom God warned against, the giving over of His Powers of cursing and tragedy, to a creature.

Then you IGNORE other scriptures that tell you SPECIFICALLY where man's evil originates.

Ob 1:3 The pride of your heart has deceived you, You who dwell in the clefts of the rock, Whose habitation is high; You who say in your heart, 'Who will bring me down to the ground?'

Jer 9:5 Everyone will deceive his neighbor, And will not speak the truth; They have taught their tongue to speak lies; They weary themselves to commit iniquity

Jer 29:8 For thus says the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel: Do not let your prophets and your diviners who are in your midst deceive you, nor listen to your dreams which you cause to be dreamed.

Jer 37:9 Thus says the Lord: 'Do not deceive yourselves, saying, “The Chaldeans will surely depart from us,” for they will not depart.

The bible is CLEAR deceit comes from either yourself or from another human being, thus our adversary of evil, our slanderer (devil), is man

Mt 24:11 Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many.

Mt 24:24 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.

Ro 16:18 For those who are such do not serve our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly, and by smooth words and flattering speech deceive the hearts of the simple.

Scripture continues to show that deceit comes from man and man alone.

You Irene add and distort scripture, so you can continue to fear your false god, a make believe fallen angel.

1 Corinthians 3:18 Let no one deceive himself. If anyone among you seems to be wise in this age, let him become a fool that he may become wise. 19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, “He catches the wise in their own craftiness“; 20 and again, “The Lord knows the thoughts of the wise, that they are futile.”

2Co 11:3 But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity* that is in Christ.

Nowhere in the bible are we told that the devil/slanderer is a fallen angel or any other supernatural being. The serpent is crafty and deceives, and the bible continually tells us that the mind of man deceives from his own heart. So why must people distort and add to the scriptures and identify the slanderer or serpent as a supernatural being? The slanderer represents the ONE force that exists in all men, which is their mind that turns to serve their flesh. Nero was not possessed by a supernatural being, he was a child brought up to say in the least, very improper, and as he aged he continued to cling to the services of his flesh heightened through the power allotted to him as king. Nero’s mind grew exceedingly evil and he became a great adversary and devil to the early Christians, as well as to many others.

Job 15:35 They conceive trouble and bring forth futility; Their womb prepares deceit.”

Ps 10:7 His mouth is full of cursing and deceit and oppression; Under his tongue is trouble and iniquity.

Ps 32:2 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord does not impute iniquity, And in whose spirit there is no deceit.

Ps 101:7 He who works deceit shall not dwell within my house; He who tells lies shall not continue in my presence.

MAN works deceit from WITHIN MAN, thus making the slander, OBVIOUSLY MAN!

Pr 12:20 Deceit is in the heart of those who devise evil, But counselors of peace have joy.

Scripture says that MAN devises evil FROM HIS OWN HEART, from his OWN mind, but Irene YOU SAY, that a fallen angel devises evil and then our heart chooses to follow it. That is a FLAT OUT LIE, and you use that lie to get people to fear a false god.

Pr 26:24 He who hates, disguises it with his lips, And lays up deceit within himself;

Jer 9:8 Their tongue is an arrow shot out; It speaks deceit; One speaks peaceably to his neighbor with his mouth, But in his heart he lies in wait.

Jer 14:14 And the Lord said to me, “The prophets prophesy lies in My name. I have not sent them, commanded them, nor spoken to them; they prophesy to you a false vision, divination, a worthless thing, and the deceit of their heart.

Irene the scriptures are clear and you teach a lie, nowhere does scripture say that a fallen angel influences us to be deceitful, Deceit comes out of our OWN hearts. The meaning of the word devil is slanderer, and scripture repeatedly shows man from his own mind creates slander, thus the identity of the devil would be man.

Irene PLEASE come out from your false teaching that mirrors paganism.

Jer 23:26 How long will this be in the heart of the prophets who prophesy lies? Indeed they are prophets of the deceit of their own heart,

Da 8:25 “Through his cunning He shall cause deceit to prosper under his rule; And he shall exalt himself in his heart. He shall destroy many in their prosperity. He shall even rise against the Prince of princes; But he shall be broken without human means.

This is prophesy of a MAN who is to be the cause of destruction to many, not through being influenced by a fallen angel, but BECAUSE OF his own heart.

Jesus says, “21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, 22 thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lewdness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness. 23 All these evil things come from within and defile a man.”

BUT IRENE SAYS, a fallen angel deceives us. LIE, LIE, LIE!

Sorry Irene if you feel I am being rude, but I feel with great conviction to STAND UP for the Word of God.

Ac 13:10and said, “O full of all deceit and all fraud, you son of the devil, you enemy of all righteousness, will you not cease perverting the straight ways of the Lord?

So what does it mean to be a son of the devil? According to Irene and others, it is to be following after a fallen angel. Where do we find this notion in the bible?? Nowhere. However repeatedly we see that deceit comes from man himself, and the New Testament shows repeatedly that sin comes from following our flesh, therefore our problem lies when OUR heart serves our flesh. Therefore to be the son of the devil, or to be a devil is to follow your heart to serve your own flesh.

Romans 1:24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, 25 who exchan
    ged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting;

29 being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, 30 backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful;

The scriptures do NOT say that God gave man over to be influenced by a fallen angel and then man sinned because they chose to follow the influence. God gave man over to HIS DEBASED MIND, and sin became prevalent.

Irene the scripture says that the INVENTOR OF EVIL THINGS comes from MAN, not the influence or possession of fallen angels.

Col 2:8 Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ.

Irene you and others are clearly ignoring scripture, deceit is according to the traditions of men, NOT the influence of supernatural beings. The evil basic principles are not from creatures not of our world or creation, they come from OUR WORLD, because the are according to man following after his own flesh.

Jesus says, “Woe to the world because of offenses! For offenses must come, but woe to that man by whom the offense comes!”

BUT IRENE SAYS, the offenses come from fallen angels who possess and influence man. Irene you are a LIAR. I know that you aren’t purposely lying, because this is what you believe, but none of the less you do not know or speak the truth of scripture.

Joh 3:19And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

Irene do not ADD to scripture, man’s deed were evil, not man’s deeds were evil because they chose to follow the influence of supernatural beings.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…….well tell (US) what is the meaning of the (BOTTOM LESS PIT) Thing and quite yakking about you piousness.

Were waiting to here from you. Quite changing subject matter all the time stick with what were talking about. Can you do that please?
    I have given my (OPINION) what yours.

love and peace to you ………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    What does scripture tell us of this pit?

Jodi
    Participant

Jesus tells us that man invents evil ways, and that offenses in the world come through man, THEREFORE is it not OBVIOUS, if you put away your heathen understanding, that the RULER OF THIS WORLD, is the mind of man that follows after his own flesh?

1Co 1:20 Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

1Co 1:21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.

1Co 1:28 and the base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen, and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are,

1Co 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.

1Co 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, “He catches the wise in their own craftiness“;

We do not follow the craftiness of supernatural beings, it is our OWN craftiness that has come forth due to our selfish ways in following after our flesh.

The spirit of this world is the spirit in man, the crafty intellect that invents evil ways to serve it’s flesh.

Ephesians 2:1 And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, 2 in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, 3 among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.

What is the spirit that works in the sons of disobedience, well verse 3 clearly tells us, it is the mind that conducts itself under serving the flesh.

Php 3:19whose end is destruction, whose god is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame–who set their mind on earthly things.

Irene, it does not take a supernatural being to cause us to set our minds on earthly things.

James 3:14 But if you have bitter envy and self-seeking in your hearts, do not boast and lie against the truth. 15 This wisdom does not descend from above, but is earthly, sensual, demonic. 16 For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there.

Evil does not come from supernatural creatures outside of our creation, it comes from humans who are SELF SEEKING in THEIR hearts, conducting their spirit to follow after their flesh. The wisdom of this world is EARTHLY, SENSUAL/PHYSICAL.

Mt 4:1 Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil.

Heb 4:15 For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.

James 1:14 But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed. 15 Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.

Heb 2:14 Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil,

Irene, do you think that after 40 days without food, that your flesh might be tempted too??

The bible is VERY SPECIFIC telling us that sin comes from FOLLOWING OUR OWN DESIRES of which our flesh draws us in to serve, and that SIN LEADS to DEATH.

Jesus in the wilderness did not deny some supernatural being, HE DENYED HIS FLESH. Jesus destroyed that which had the power of death, the devil. We are directly told that man’s sins lead to death, and that man sins are due to allowing the flesh to tempt. This clearly exposes WHO the slanderer is.

Through the weakness of our flesh, our spirit tries to tell us that the way to LIFE is through serving our flesh, thus creating a HUGE LIE against God, because God is the only way to life.

Sin holds the power of death

Sin comes from following our own desires

The devil holds the power over death. HMMM, what could the slanderer possibly stand for?? Do you see the TRUTH Irene? It is clearly laid out.

Joh 6:63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.

Joh 6:70 Jesus answered them, “Did I not choose you, the twelve, and one of you is a devil?”

Greed is an evil spirit of the flesh, created by man and dispersed throughout the world, going out in many forms. Greed entered Judas and caused him to deny Jesus, and this is why Jesus called him a devil. Going after his flesh, Judas profited nothing! To go after the flesh is to be a devil!

Mr 8:33 But when He had turned around and looked at His disciples, He rebuked Peter, saying, “Get behind Me, Satan! For you are not mindful of the things of God, but the things of men.

To be Satan, to be an adversary, is not to follow a supernatural being, but to have a mind in the things of men.

Php 3:3 For we are the circumcision, who worship God in the Spirit, rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh,

Col 2:11 In Him you were also circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the sins of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ,

Circumcision is cutting OFF the FLESH. God’s Spirit working in Jesus worked to cut his mind OFF of his FLESH. We do not need to cut our minds off of the influence of a supernatural beings, we need to cut our minds away from our flesh.

Ro 7:5For when we were in the flesh, the sinful passions which were aroused by the law were at work in our members to bear fruit to death.

Once again, the power of death, the devil, is the spirit in man that follows after the flesh.

Irene you ignore scripture and teach people to fear a false god. I pray that God opens you and Georg’s eyes to the truth.

Ro 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find.

Ro 7:25 I thank God–through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.

Ro 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,* who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. 5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. 8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God. 9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.

Heb 2:14 Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil,

There is NO TRUTH, to say that the devil is a supernatural being. JUST LOOK at what the SCRIPTURES SPECIFICALLY SAY, for crying out
    loud, come OUT of the Whore.

Irene, you say evil comes when our mind chooses to follow a supernatural being, however the bible clearly says that evil comes from following our flesh.

Ro 8:13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.

What is the obvious identity of the devil? What holds the power of death? The mind that lives according to the flesh!!

1Jo 2:16 For all that is in the world–the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life–is not of the Father but is of the world.

Ro 8:7Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.

The problem with the world is not influencing fallen angels, but man’s carnal mind.

This is what I just don’t get from MANY of you people. The bible repeatedly shows our flesh to be an adversary to us, that our born nature is at enmity with our mind, however not ONE time is there talk of our enemy being some ‘fallen’ supernatural being who wants to be God, so WHY OH WHY, would anyone equivocate the adversary or slanderer to be anything other then what the scriptures clearly show, the mind of man that follows his flesh?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    So the ruler of this world is a billion minds?
    some ruler.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    The prince of this world is judged.[jn16]

Take that you billions of squabbling fools.
    Your rule over man never was never effective.

Unlike that of Satan

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Jodi………Amen, Amen, sis……..you have explained it perfectly, The Satan's and devils are human beings themselves. They don't need (any) outside force to corrupt them they are corrupted themselves having received it from the world itself. Most have bought into the (MYSTERY BABYLON) teachings about devils and demons along with the TRINITY and PREEXISTENCE of Jesus all teaching of the whore church. But God has given some understand of the truth, and have come OUT of those FALSE teaching of the Whore church and her daughters.

love and peace to you and yours Jodi, don't forget to hug and kiss the little ones for me…………………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    So you do not follow Jesus on this matter?

Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Dec. 30 2008,16:08)
    942767…….Like i said i am not preaching or teaching this , it just what i think the possibilities could be. I believe that Evil is a Spirit force and has on end, it draws downward, and when God removes it from the earth and casts it away so it can't effect Man or animal on earth, for a thousand years. It must be separated and contained hence it is cast into a bottomless pit and chained  and the sealed, in order to keep it from influencing the human mind. Evil cannot be destroyed eternally neither can Good, Good and Evil is what makes up life they are opposites and give definition to what life is.

They explain each other. You could never no Good without Evil nor Evil without Good they both come from one tree,and explain what the other is. Wisdom is derived from understanding them both. Eve was disobedient to GOD , but not stupid and neither was Adam, they both understood to experience them both would give them wisdom. Eve understood the trees fruit was good to make one wise So she (EAT) took to herself its fruit and so did Adam. And their EYES WERE OPENED, they began to gain wisdom. God even Said look Man has become as we are to Know (experience) good and evil. Adams fall was no accident it was in GOD'S WILL all along. He could have easily prevented it by removing Evil in the beginning as He does at the beginning of the thousand year period , and there would have never been (ANY) EVIL on EARTH.  Just look what happens during the thousand year period.
    So why didn't he just do that end the beginning and we would have never had to experience Evil and Everyone could just live in utopia like the tousand year reign of Jesus and the Saints.

The answer is given at the end of the thousand years when Evil is released again and the whole earth goes after it again, you would think after thousand years of being taught by Jesus and the Saints the inhabitants of the earth would have learn to only do Good wouldn't you. But NO immediately the turn evil. Moral of the story and a great proved POINT by GOD is that no matter How much evil is removed and ONLY righteousness or GOOD is taught, we will fail unless GOD HIMSELF TAKES UP RESIDENTS IN US , Like He does the Saints and Jesus, we are ships adrift with our a rudder or pilot, we without GOD in will go which ever way the wind blows and the thousand year period absolutely proves that point. Again this is the way (I) see it am not asking anyone to view it that way.

Love and peace to you and yours 942747……………….gene

Hi Gene:

But someone viewing your explanation of this may believe this, and there is nothing in the scriptures that supports your theory scriptually.

You say you aren't teaching this, but aren't you? You may influence others to believe this as well.

Tiffany
    Participant

Quote (Jodi @ Dec. 31 2008,07:22)
    Jesus tells us that man invents evil ways, and that offenses in the world come through man, THEREFORE is it not OBVIOUS, if you put away your heathen understanding, that the RULER OF THIS WORLD, is the mind of man that follows after his own flesh?

1Co 1:20 Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

1Co 1:21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.

1Co 1:28 and the base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen, and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are,

1Co 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.

1Co 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, “He catches the wise in their own craftiness“;

We do not follow the craftiness of supernatural beings, it is our OWN craftiness that has come forth due to our selfish ways in following after our flesh.

The spirit of this world is the spirit in man, the crafty intellect that invents evil ways to serve it’s flesh.

Ephesians 2:1 And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, 2 in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, 3 among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.

What is the spirit that works in the sons of disobedience, well verse 3 clearly tells us, it is the mind that conducts itself under serving the flesh.

Php 3:19whose end is destruction, whose god is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame–who set their mind on earthly things.

Irene, it does not take a supernatural being to cause us to set our minds on earthly things.

James 3:14 But if you have bitter envy and self-seeking in your hearts, do not boast and lie against the truth. 15 This wisdom does not descend from above, but is earthly, sensual, demonic. 16 For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there.

Evil does not come from supernatural creatures outside of our creation, it comes from humans who are SELF SEEKING in THEIR hearts, conducting their spirit to follow after their flesh. The wisdom of this world is EARTHLY, SENSUAL/PHYSICAL.

Mt 4:1 Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil.

Heb 4:15 For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.

James 1:14 But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed. 15 Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.

Irene, do you think that after 40 days without food, that your flesh might be tempted too??

The bible is VERY SPECIFIC telling us that sin comes from FOLLOWING OUR OWN DESIRES of which our flesh draws us in to serve, and that SIN LEADS to DEATH.

Jesus in the wilderness did not deny some supernatural being, HE DENYED HIS FLESH. Jesus destroyed that which had the power of death, the devil. We are directly told that man’s sins lead to death, and that man sins are due to allowing the flesh to tempt. This clearly exposes WHO the slanderer is.

Through the weakness of our flesh, our spirit tries to tell us that the way to LIFE is through serving our flesh, thus creating a HUGE LIE against God, because God is the only way to life.

Sin holds the power of death

Sin comes from following our own desires

The devil holds the power over death. HMMM, what could the slanderer possibly stand for?? Do you see the TRUTH Irene? It is clearly laid out.

Joh 6:63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.

Joh 6:70 Jesus answered them, “Did I not choose you, the twelve, and one of you is a devil?”

Greed is an evil spirit of the flesh, created by man and dispersed throughout the world, going out in many forms. Greed entered Judas and caused him to deny Jesus, and this is why Jesus called him a devil. Going after his flesh, Judas profited nothing! To go after the flesh is to be a devil!

Mr 8:33 But when He had turned around and looked at His disciples, He rebuked Peter, saying, “Get behind Me, Satan! For you are not mindful of the things of God, but the things of men.

To be Satan, to be an adversary, is not to follow a supernatural being, but to have a mind in the things of men.

Php 3:3 For we are the circumcision, who worship God in the Spirit, rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh,

Col 2:11 In Him you were also circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the sins of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ,

Circumcision is cutting OFF the FLESH. God’s Spirit working in Jesus worked to cut his mind OFF of his FLESH. We do not need to cut our minds off of the influence of a supernatural beings, we need to cut our minds away from our flesh.

Ro 7:5For when we were in the flesh, the sinful passions which were aroused by the law were at work in our members to bear fruit to death.

Once again, the power of death, the devil, is the spirit in man that follows after the flesh.

Irene you ignore scripture and teach people to fear a false god. I pray that God opens you and Georg’s eyes to the truth.

Ro 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find.

Ro 7:25 I thank God–through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.

Ro 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,* who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. 5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. 8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God. 9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.

Heb 2:14 Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death H
    e might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil,

There is NO TRUTH, to say that the devil is a supernatural being. JUST LOOK at what the SCRIPTURES SPECIFICALLY SAY, for crying out loud, come OUT of the Whore.

Irene, you say evil comes when our mind chooses to follow a supernatural being, however the bible clearly says that evil comes from following our flesh.

Ro 8:13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.

What is the obvious identity of the devil? What holds the power of death? The mind that lives according to the flesh!!

1Jo 2:16 For all that is in the world–the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life–is not of the Father but is of the world.

Ro 8:7Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.

The problem with the world is not influencing fallen angels, but man’s carnal mind.

This is what I just don’t get from MANY of you people. The bible repeatedly shows our flesh to be an adversary to us, that our born nature is at enmity with our mind, however not ONE time is there talk of our enemy being some ‘fallen’ supernatural being who wants to be God, so WHY OH WHY, would anyone equivocate the adversary or slanderer to be anything other then what the scriptures clearly show, the mind of man that follows his flesh?

And why pick me out of the Brethren? Am I the only one that believes that there is a devil called Satan who is the God of this world? I do not think so. I have plenty of company. I and Georg teach others to believe in a false God, you are mistaken my friend. First of all I twist nobody wrist to believe what I do. And second of all, I believe in a God who is the creator of all mankind including you and I. So you are the accuser of the Brethren here and I find you guilty of accusing me and Georg for one.
    James 3:14 tells you that it takes a demonic mind to think evil, and where does that demonic mind come from? We know that the Holy Spirit is of God the Almighty. But what about that demonic mind and every evil thing, like the snake in Paradise. It was the first being to deceived mankind. Evil Eve takes shape. Then they hide because they are naked, they did not realize that before. From that point on mankind has gone down hill.
    When a baby is born, is it evil? It might surprise you if I say, yes. Why would I say so? I guess you know.
    But there are some that say these Babies are pure in spirit. What does Jodi think?
    Evil begets Evil. Good begets good. Where does good come from? God. Where does evil come from? The mind of man? Sorry Jodi that makes no sense. Man was not evil until the snake deceived Eve. Just like the Holy Spirit grows in us, so does the evil spirit grows too. Turn on the T.V. all evil present. We are in the times like Sodom and Gomorrah. It will get worse the Bible states, watch out!!!!!
    When I read all of this, I can see how you can be deceived, but nothing begets nothing. It has to come from some where.
    Your mind in it self is not evil, it is the garbage you put into your mind that is evil. One more thing Satan is very busy and read the prophecy of the end times, what will happen to most mankind. And what will happen to Satan, funny He all of a sudden appears?
    Luke 10:18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.
    Jesus is very much aware of Satan. Are you going to believe Him?
    Peace and Love Irene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

942767……….much of this does go along with scripture i wrote, and i am just putting things together , not saying it accurate in every thing but i believe some of it is though. And if you have a different opinion then state it please. I have put declaimers all through this post for the very purpose of what you are saying brother. I am not trying to mislead anyone just expressing my thoughts. As you and other here do at times. Now with that said, what if what i said was absolute truth, is not your word then doing a disservice to those who may benefit buy what i wrote,

peace and love……………….gene

Viewing 20 posts - 1,821 through 1,840 (of 2,238 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account