Satan

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 2,238 total)
  • Author
    Mercy
    Participant

I believe the angels came back and so God bound them in the abyss to put a stop to it.

But who do you say the giants are then?

malcolm ferris
    Participant

For the most part that supernatural danger is wrought through men – the spiritual wickedness in high places – I believe is the influence of Satan's messengers (demons) in the hearts and minds of mankind.
    I agree as to the sexual nature of sin in the garden – but do not believe it is a result of angelic intervention (except on the part of Satan using the Serpent as a vessel for his dishonorable intentions) – if this were the case and they were able at will to take human form and cohabit with humans then why has this not been happening continuously ever since. The enemy would maximize his advantage and use this tactic on a regular basis wouldn't he. I do agree that these angels did use the bodies of man to bring about a state of physical and spiritual wretchedness on earth both then and since. And the degree to which this occurs seems to be regulated by the degree of wickedness in mankind.
    Which explains then why the time of Noah and the days of Sodom were used as examples. Both being situations in which men were wicked spiritually and morally.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Malcolm,
    You say
    “For the most part that supernatural danger is wrought through men-the spiritual wickedness in high places -“

Eph 6
    ” 10Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

11Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

13Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

15And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;”

Dan 10
    ” 12Then said he unto me, Fear not, Daniel: for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand, and to chasten thyself before thy God, thy words were heard, and I am come for thy words.

13But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.”

I believe that there are unseen battles between powerful angelic beings invisible in the skies over earth that greatly influence affairs on earth, and we also have to deal with enemies perhaps within and around us. Praise God for the victory won in Christ that says our enemies are defeated.

Mercy
    Participant

I agree, I believe the scriptures literaly when they talk of the spiritual warefare of the angels.

malcolm ferris
    Participant

Yes that is correct – I said for the most part in other words – in the majority of cases that are recorded.

The battles are not only in the skies above us – we are told the angels of God are encamped about the righteous.
    The scene in which a prophet and his servant were surrounded by the enemy armies – the prophet asked God to 'open' the servants eyes so that he might see the spiritual reality of the situation…
    Personally I do not think Heaven is necessarily located geographically above us – rather it is higher than our present reality – in a higher state of being.
    Such that it is therefore possible for prophets by vision to see beyond the here and now and get a glimpse of reality.

Jesus : get behind me Satan – speaking to Peter (Matt 16:23) – clearly Peter was not literally Satan.
    Jesus : one of you (is/has) a Devil – speaking of Judas (John 6:70)
    Supper being over the Devil now having put into the heart of Judas Iscariot to betray him… (John 13:2)

LUKE 22:31
    And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat:

So the Devil wanted to have a go at Peter – yet still needed to get permission

MARK 3:10-12
    For he had healed many; insomuch that they pressed upon him for to touch him, as many as had plagues.
    And unclean spirits, when they saw him, fell down before him, and cried, saying, Thou art the Son of God.
    And he straitly charged them that they should not make him known.

Many – in fact most – of the instances in which devils or spiritual forces are at work – we see this expressed through the medium of flesh.

ACTS 16:16-18
    And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying:
    he same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation.
    And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.

This was not a confrontation of flesh – but of principalities and powers – spiritual wickedness in high places.
    The battle that began in Heaven – now rages on earth.
    Before Jesus Christ won the victory for us over sin and death – it appeared to be the Enemy who was in control.
    Now – though the battle is an ongoing affair – yet it is a foregone conclusion – we have the victory through the finished work of Calvary.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    I am convinced that the main efforts of Satan on earth is to use men to insult God. He is condemned and his time is short but he wishes to use that time as best he can to show his hatred for God and if men suffer the consequences for allowing themselves to be be used by him in this way could he care less?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    We can know from Job 1-2 that Satan can cause death and destruction among men and animals by fire from heaven, severe winds causing houses to fall, man rising against man, and illness itself such as boils. Jesus too showed Satan is responsible for all sorts of mental and physical illnesses among men.

When he is in the abyss for 1000 years the lion and the lamb can lie down together and a child can play in the vipers den. What other negative influences does he wield?

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    Darkness was on the face of the deep before the creation of earth and satan was a murderer from that epoch called the beginning before time.
    Surely satan was not just a serpent created of earth's dust is he had access to heaven which men and animals did not have?

chosenone
    Participant

God created Satan, the Adversary. See Is. 54:16

Blessings.

Phoenix
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ Mar. 30 2007,06:44)
    God created Satan, the Adversary. See Is. 54:16

Blessings.

Well thats solved now! :D

david
    Participant

Um. I checked that scripture. Nowhere does it say that he created “Satan” meaning “resister/opposer.”
    In a sense, satan created himself, or at least turned himself into satan, much the way that a child isn't born a criminal, but turns himself into one.

Phoenix
    Participant

Well when i read it.. To me it said that he created the blacksmith that fans the coals and makes the weapons. But it is not by Him that created the person that drove the weapon into you… so he was admitting that he created the destroyer but not for the purpose to destroy.

Im probably twisting it here. I dont know.. I only know that that was the first thought that came to my head.

Cult Buster
    Participant

It was God the Creator who created Lucifer. Lucifer by his own efforts became Satan the adversary.

Eze 28:13  Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.
    Eze 28:14  Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
    Eze 28:15  Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

Isa 14:12  How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
    Isa 14:13  For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
    Isa 14:14  I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
    Isa 14:15  Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
    Isa 14:16  They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;

Luk 10:18  And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.

1Pe 5:8  Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

david
    Participant

Lucifer by his own efforts became Satan the adversary.

There is a first for everything.

Phoenix
    Participant

This is a bit irrelevant. But I have a friend whose name is Enoch and he named his Rottwieler(sp?) Satan. My son loved the dog when he was little. Even fed the poor dog his macintosh toffees hehehe. Poor dog had a struggle trying to get the lolly off his teeth.

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (david @ Mar. 30 2007,07:29)

Lucifer by his own efforts became Satan the adversary.

There is a first for everything.

My opinion…God created satan, see Is.54:16, without an adversary He could not show His power. See Ro.9:17-18…For the scripture is saying to Pharaoh that “For this selfsame thing I rouse you up, so that I should be displaying in you My power,so that My name should be published in the entire earth”.
    He also created evil, Is.45:6-9, without evil we could never understand “good”. Example, we sometimes spank our children, this is not evil, but is for thier own good.
    I find that if I keep the following scriptures in my mind while studying scripture, it clears up a lot of misunderstanding.
    Col.1:16-17 …for in Him is all created, that in the heavens and that on the earth, the visable and the invisable, all is created through Him and for Him,…
    Eph.1:11…the One who is operating all in accord with the council of His will…
    This is only my opinion, what do you think.

Blessings.

david
    Participant

without evil we could never understand “good”.

So we have to see and know Satan to know that Jehovah is good.

I don't believe this. And I don't believe that Jehovah created evil. I believe that he made men in such a way that they have free will.

(Ecclesiastes 7:29) “See! This only I have found, that the [true] God made mankind upright, but they themselves have sought out many plans.””

(Deuteronomy 32:5) “They have acted ruinously on their own part; They are not his children, the defect is their own. A generation crooked and twisted!”

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

acertainchap
    Participant

Quote (david @ April 01 2007,08:53)
    I don't believe this.  And I don't believe that Jehovah created evil.  I believe that he made men in such a way that they have free will.

(Ecclesiastes 7:29) “See! This only I have found, that the [true] God made mankind upright, but they themselves have sought out many plans.””

(Deuteronomy 32:5) “They have acted ruinously on their own part; They are not his children, the defect is their own. A generation crooked and twisted!”

When one is about to sin, evil enters their mind. This enters through choice. God didn't create evil but he created free-will. If we make bad choices on that free-will, then evil results as a consequence.

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 2,238 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account