Satan

Viewing 20 posts - 1,541 through 1,560 (of 2,238 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

WJ………Angles (have) Spirit (intellect) they are not spirit beings, IMO, Just like we Have Spirit but we are not Spirit Beings, Jesus had Spirit of God or (intellect) of God and expressed it through (WORDS). We also by taking into us those WORDS are taking in GODS Spirit (thoughts) into us, and by this we are being (WASHED BY THE WORDS) of GOD. It's Gods thoughts or MIND, that cleans us and they are (TRUTH) Spirits or(TRUTH) (thoughts. and these are replacing and purging us from all unrighteousness. Remember it say WORDS are seeds being planted in the Field (Hearts) and they begin to grow and produce there effect inside us. All things we are and do are a result of thought or intellect and are Spirit and we express Spirit through WORDS> IMO

Love and peace to you and yours WJ…………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Angels are not spirits?
    Scripture disagrees with you.

Heb 1
    13But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?

14Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………I said i believe they are (beings) that have Spirit in them. So certainly Spirit is there with them. If Angles and Spirits are one and the same, then why use both words (Angles and Spirits) then. Jesus Said we would be like the angles in Heaven, he did not say we would be like spirits in heaven did he. We will be like Angles with Spirit in Us. IMO. Jesus also said The Spirit is like the wind it cannot be seen but you can see the effects of it, so is every born with Spirit. You can see what a person does, but you can't cant see the force thats driving Him to do what he is doing. Why because it's Spirit (intellect or thoughts) that are driving Him. Much like the wind which is a unseen force, so is Spirit. ( a mans thoughts drive him and is not seen), So the analogy of Spirit as wind is a good one. IMO

peace to you and yours…………………gene

TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 20 2008,10:48)
    GB,.
    Jesus called Judas a devil

John 6:70
    Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?

The word used here for devil was diabolos, an adjective which only means a false accuser or slanderer.

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Angels are ministering spirits.
    Only the visible creation is not spirit.

Man has a spirit lent him of God and he can be a vessel for unclean spirits or the Holy Spirit.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Tim…….Correct Diabolos is Greek for Devil, And Devil is an adjective , (not a real Person) as Nick thinks. Jesus could have just as easily said a Satan which is also an adjective which describes a form of evil or wickedness.

love to you and yours Tim…………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    How can you crush Satan under you feet or avoid the mauling of the lion whom you deny?
    Should we approach what is written with a view to try to discredit it or to learn from it?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 21 2008,04:03)
    GB,
    Angels are ministering spirits.
    Only the visible creation is not spirit.

Man has a spirit lent him of God and he can be a vessel for unclean spirits or the Holy Spirit.

Nick……..You answered your own misunderstanding, can you see thought or intellect, why, because it's is thought and can not be seen, But it has power it animates our physical bodies, even as the wind which you can't see moves things, and a mans words and deeds are expressions of what you can't see (His intellect or SPIRIT) which moves Him. Simple think about it.

Angle have Spirit , and we are told we shall be as the Angles also. We will be beings with spirit and sons of God as they are also. When we say a Spirit being we are simply saying, one who has his being as a result of spirit (intellect or thought or mind) And (ALL) spirit comes from GOD, from the simple organism to the most complex human one, all have God given Spirit or intellect in them, or they could not function. IMO

love and peace to you and yours………………………gene

love and peace to you……………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    You have the free will to take thois approach but is it wise?
    If your rationalisations have blinded your eyes to Satan then salve is still accessible.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……..first of all i don't believe in your so called “FREE WILL” Philosophy. If my rationalizations come from GOD ,i hardly see them as blinding, may be your rationalizations are whats blinding you brother. I Stand on the fact that Satan is whats in Man and not a (BEING) PERSON, going around jumping in and out of people that MYSTERY RELIGION< All Evil exists in a state of Mind and therefore is SPIRIT,and has no single source except GOD Himself, who said HE CREATES EVIL and He also CREATES GOOD. EVIL IS THE OPPOSITE or an ADVERSARY OF GOOD.

All evil is adversarial of good. And Both have there source from SPIRIT and are functions of the mind, which controls and animates us. NO SEPARATE EVIL BEING AS such. All human beings have GOOD and EVIL in them . Which ever is Greater will control the person the most. No (MYSTERY) BEING, going around jumping in and out of people. Good and Evil are (SPIRIT THOUGHTS) that can enter our minds any where, they are broad casted through the air in the form of sounds of words we hear, and things we see. there everywhere in this (EVIL) world. This adversarial spirit of Good, has fill the whole earth and is everywhere.

Many think because it says Satan goes around like a lion seeking who he may destory, They See Satan as a simple being when in fact that not true, Satan or adversarial Spirit is every where and you and i have it in us, it has entered us it will eventually kill us. Because (ALL) have sinned. (except Jesus) and all will die also. Nick try looking at things more in a Spiritual way brother.

The WORD SATAN is Representation of (ALL EVIL) And is an adversary or opposite of what is GOOD. There is NO MYSTERY ABOUT THIS. YOU are no one else has seen any Satan or Devil being in you whole life have you. At least i haven't and i am willing to bet you haven't either. IMO

love and peace to you and yours…………………gene

love and peace to you………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Indeed the dominion of the god of this world extends to the hearts of the heathen.
    Jesus came to set men free and bring them into the light of his Father's kingdom

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..I agree with that, we are all effected by that EVIL Spirit (intellect) thats everywhere in this world there is not one person thats not being effected by it, even those who have GOD'S Spirit are also, it's in all our lives . We are told we must (MASTER IT). Jesus said whosoever overcomes (EVEN AS I HAVE) Shall sit with him in the kingdom. So the question is how did He overcome and the answer is by GOD the FATHER being in HIM. IMO

peace…………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Why add to scripture?
    INTELLECT never appears there but it is the apparent foundation of your faith.

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Jesus overcame Satan.
    He watched his fall from heaven.
    You too can possibly crush Satan under your feet.

Rom16
    19For your obedience is come abroad unto all men. I am glad therefore on your behalf: but yet I would have you wise unto that which is good, and simple concerning evil.

20And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.

Jas4
    7Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……The word (HEAVEN) in scripture is nearly always (HEAVENS) in GREEK, that in itself is an interesting study. It says GOD rules in the Heaven's… I heard a study some time ago on it and they said Heavens means more then we think it does. It can imply our own minds. I can't really explain it but if i get time I'LL try to find out more. (If) this concept is right Jesus could have been talking about His own Mind, Seeing the adversarial Spirit Fall Fast when He was tempted in the wilderness. NOW I am (NOT) PREACHING THIS, so don't think I am but it did have some sound points.

Nick i am not worried or fearful about crushing Satan under my feet, Jesus has already done that. He has no power over me his fiery darts are easily put out by the Spirit of GOD. You know i don't believe devils are going around jumping in and out of people. I believe the people themselves are the devils and the Satan's, that what you have to watch out for, not some (MYSTERY RELIGIOUS FALSE BELIEF) of devils or demons jumping in and out of people handed down to us from some Apostate religion. IMO

love and peace…………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    So demons or unclean and evil spirits do not exist
    but your free intellects do?

I prefer the words of Jesus our appointed teacher.

meerkat
    Participant

Gene,

When people think of “heaven” they think of a physical place in the sky in outer space, but “heaven” is a spiritual dimension that is beyond our physical senses – it is all around us but not observable by our natural senses.

I do agree and believe that the messengers of satan is our the lustful, carnal nature however I also do think that as our nature is a messenger there is a “Satan” that controls it.

In Revelation there is mention of the spirits like frogs sent out to gather for the battle of armegeddon that speaks of organisation not individuals just happening to think of the same evils and just turning up together by chance because their minds are evil.

Also in Corinthians there is a separation between THE opponent (satan) and the servants (messengers) of the opponent (satan)

2Co 11:12 And what I do I will continue to do, in order to undermine the claim of those who would like to claim that in their boasted mission they work on the same terms as we do.
    2Co 11:13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ.
    2Co 11:14 And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.
    2Co 11:15 So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds.

meerkat
    Participant

evil =
    G4190
    πονηρός
    ponēros
    pon-ay-ros'
    From a derivative of G4192; hurtful, that is, evil (properly in effect or influence, and thus differing from G2556, which refers rather to essential character, as well as from G4550, which indicates degeneracy from original virtue); figuratively calamitous; also (passively) ill, that is, diseased; but especially (morally) culpable, that is, derelict, vicious, facinorous; neuter (singular) mischief, malice, or (plural) guilt; masculine (singular) the devil, or (plural) sinners: – bad, evil, grievous, harm, lewd, malicious, wicked (-ness). See also G4191.
    spirits =

G4151
    πνεῦμα
    pneuma
    pnyoo'-mah
    From G4154; a current of air, that is, breath (blast) or a breeze; by analogy or figuratively a spirit, that is, (human) the rational soul, (by implication) vital principle, mental disposition, etc., or (superhuman) an angel, daemon, or (divine) God, Christ’s spirit, the Holy spirit: – ghost, life, spirit (-ual, -ually), mind. Compare G5590.

Luk 7:21 In that hour he healed many people of diseases and plagues and evil spirits, and on many who were blind he bestowed sight.

So when Jesus was healing the sick, blind, infirm – was he also helping those that were mentally ill and not demon posessed?

Just like an angel is a messenger and the messengers of John were not spirit beings

Luk 7:24 When John's messengers had gone, Jesus began to speak to the crowds concerning John: “What did you go out into the wilderness to see? A reed shaken by the wind?

messengers =

G32
    ἄγγελος
    aggelos
    ang'-el-os
    From ἀγγέλλω aggellō (probably derived from G71; compare G34; to bring tidings); a messenger; especially an “angel”; by implication a pastor: – angel, messenger.

Jodi
    Participant

Mark 1:3 and he was there in the wilderness forty days, being tempted by the Adversary, and he was with the beasts, and the messengers were ministering to him.

James 1:14 but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed.

Scripture does not support an evil spirit being that draws us to serve our own flesh. It is by our very NATURE that we serve our flesh!

God created the enmity-

Genesis 3:15 and enmity I put between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; he doth bruise thee — the head, and thou dost bruise him — the heel.'

The adversary is one and the same to every human being, it is within every man and God placed it there to test us and teach us.

Ephesians 4:22 You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; 23 to be made new in the attitude of your minds; 24 and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

The old self is not the self that gives into a celestial beings devices, but it is the self that follows the deceitful desires of its own flesh according to the ways of this world.

25 Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to his neighbor, for we are all members of one body. 26 “In your anger do not sin”: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, 27 and do not give the devil a foothold. 28 He who has been stealing must steal no longer, but must work, doing something useful with his own hands, that he may have something to share with those in need. 29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. 30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31 Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. 32 Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

Romans 6:19 I speak in human terms because of the weakness of your flesh. For just as you presented your members as slaves of uncleanness, and of lawlessness leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves of righteousness for holiness.

Our flesh is not made weak by an evil celestial being, our flesh is weak because we are the created and God made us subjected to the creation. Our minds are subjected to our weak bodies. This is the root of darkness.

Romans 13:11 And do this, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep; for now our salvation is nearer than when we first believed. 12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand. Therefore let us cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light. 13 Let us walk properly, as in the day, not in revelry and drunkenness, not in lewdness and lust, not in strife and envy. 14 But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts.

Darkness is not found in follow a celestial being, darkness is found in following our flesh.

Within every person dwells the same dark force, it is WITHIN the human brain and scientists refer to it as the R complex or reptilian brain,

David Ike-“At least five human behaviors originate in the reptilian brain. These have been denoted as isopraxic, preservative, re-enactment, tropistic, and deceptive. Without defining them, I shall simply say that in human activities they find expression in:

•obsessive-compulsive behavior
    •personal day-to-day rituals and superstitious acts
    •slavish conformance to old ways of doing things
    •ceremonial re-enactments
    •obeisance to precedent, as in legal, religious, cultural, and other matters
    •responding to partial representations (coloration, “strangeness,” etc.), whether alive or inanimate
    •and all manner of deception”

Without proper information going into our neo-cortex helping us to control our reptilian brain we would essential act no different from the animals.

Proverbs 4:1 Listen, my sons, to a father's instruction; pay attention and gain understanding. 2 I give you sound learning, so do not forsake my teaching. 3 When I was a boy in my father's house, still tender, and an only child of my mother, 4 he taught me and said, “Lay hold of my words with all your heart; keep my commands and you will live. 5 Get wisdom, get understanding; do not forget my words or swerve from them. 6 Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you; love her, and she will watch over you. 7 Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding. 8 Esteem her, and she will exalt you; embrace her, and she will honor you. 9 She will set a garland of grace on your head and present you with a crown of splendor.” 10 Listen, my son, accept what I say, and the years of your life will be many. 11 I guide you in the way of wisdom and lead you along straight paths. 12 When you walk, your steps will not be hampered; when you run, you will not stumble. 13 Hold on to instruction, do not let it go; guard it well, for it is your life.

Wisdom overcomes the darkness.

Jude 1:10 Yet these men speak abusively against whatever they do not understand; and what things they do understand by instinct, like unreasoning animals–these are the very things that destroy them.

Ecclesiastes 3:18 I also thought, “As for men, God tests them so that they may see that they are like the animals. 19 Man's fate is like that of the animals; the same fate awaits them both: As one dies, so dies the other. All have the same breath; man has no advantage over the animal. Everything is meaningless.

Ro 8:6 The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace;

Ro 6:6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin.

Eph 4:22 that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts,

Col 3:9 Do not lie to one another, since you have put off the old man with his deeds,

Does the old man have anything to do with being drawn away and enticed by a celestial dark kingdom? No it is his own body of sin and his own lusts that draw him.

2Pe 1:4which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Corruption is not in the world through a celestial influencing being, but through the lusts of man that come strait from our nature, our reptilian brain.

We are to renew our mind, it is information put in our neo-cortex that enables us to have control over our reptilian brain.

Col 2:8 Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ.

It is not according to some fallen angel that there is empty deceit, it is according to traditions of men based on principles of the world, men following their serpent brain instead of the higher things of God.

1Jo 2:16 all that is in the world–the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life–is not of the Father but is of the world

The lust of our flesh and the pride of our life is not of celestial influencing beings, but is of this world, it is part of being the created, and not of being like the Creator.

Ro 12:2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

1Co 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.

Galatians 4:3 Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world.

We are not in bondage against a celestial being, but the elements of the world, which God created for us to overcome. We are in bondage according to the creation and being the created.

James 3: 13Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show by good conduct that his works are done in the meekness of wisdom. 14 But if you have bitter envy and self-seeking in your hearts, do not boast and lie against the truth. 15 This wisdom does not descend from above, but is earthly, sensual, demonic. 16 For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there.

Notice the problem here for man is that he is self seeking. Does it take a supernatural being to make a person selfish or vein, no this is in our nature, it is just like it says it is EARTHLY, according to our senses, and thus to be demonic, has nothing to do with some other sort of manipulating being, to be demonic is to think according to your nature and not according to God.

Wisdom, which being the right kind of information logged into your neo-cortex helps you overcome the adversary the serpent, also known as your reptilian brain.

Jesus destroyed the devil because the Holy Spirit caused his neo cortex to have COMPLETE control over his reptilian brain!

Scientist have discovered more information about the human brain in the past FEW years then they have throughout all of history, and they now know what is at the center of all of mankind’s evil, and it is within man’s brain.

Our flesh is weak, it profits nothing…. all wisdom and light must come from God and be at work in our minds to overcome our nature. IMO, the latest discoveries in science demolish the idea of evil celestial forces having control over humans and make such an idea look extraordinarily foolish.

Jodi
    Participant

This is the old serpent, the adversary, the slanderer, the Great dragon, the source of all evil coming from man! The reptilian brain is the dark force that creates sin and sinful men.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,541 through 1,560 (of 2,238 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account