Satan

Viewing 20 posts - 1,481 through 1,500 (of 2,238 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…………..i will gladly, if you will brother.

love and peace to you brother…………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Satan is still roaming the earth.
    But how can you assist in his defeat if you cannot see him?

TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 15 2008,16:54)
    GB,

Do scriptures state that we must assist in his defeat?
    Wasn't if God who put satan here to do exactly what he is doing?

Tim

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 15 2008,16:54)
    GB,

Nick………I do see SATAN in ALL including you and me at times, do i see a “being” as such NO, but i do see the Spirit,(intellect) of EVIL in people all the time, and i see the effects of Evil everywhere in this world from myself at times to every living person also at times,except little children, its you who think He is a person going around jumping in and out of people not me, I beleive it a Spirit (intellect) thats in all mam kind. And is received from the world as John said.

Jesus said, If you beining (EVIL) know how to give good gifts< How much more will you Father given them who ask of His spirit, which you think we can't get except from Jesus.

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    If you see people as inately evil you miss the point and you won't go into bat for their freedom.
    Evil lives IN men and can be removed just as Jesus did almost every day of his earthly mission.
    Deceptive corrupting earthy spirits make their home in men under the dominion of the god of earth.
    Those vessels can be emptied and made clean ready to be occupied by the precious Spirit of God.
    The Word of God is alive and active, able to battle against Satan and evil forces in heavenly places

meerkat
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Dec. 16 2008,02:59)
    And is received from the world as John said.

Jesus said, If you beining (EVIL) know how to give good gifts< How much more will you Father given them who ask of His spirit, which you think we can't get except from Jesus.

Gene,

When you say we receive the spirit of satan from the world – what do you define world as?

If you take say “spiritualism” there do seem to be physics who know things about others that they could not possibly know from their own knowledge. To me it does not seem that it is only an individual fleshly/worldly “spirit” of deception/evil/corruption – all of it has a central source that individuals have as a part of them in their make up.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi mk,
    We are born with inner lusts.
    When we follow them sin begins to rule in us.
    Jas.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

meerkat….. i believe we were (not ) born sinners , little children are not sinners, as they grow they are influenced by the knowledge that in the world . John said it right, “for (ALL) that is in the world, the LUST of he Flesh, and the Lust of the eyes and the pride of Life , are (FROM) the WORLD ,and the world is passing away and the lusts with it”. These are the roots of all evil in the earth it is all received by the power of the air or sound waves and we are bombarded with with words (Spirits) and they all effect us in good or evil ways.

This all was introduces into the world through Adam. Over all words Cause the effects of this world and the influences are evil. People a not born evil i believe they become evil by exposure to it. When EVIL is removes from the earth its influences are also. like in the 1000 year reign of Jesus and the Saints. People are not born sinners they become sinners and if the influence is removes so is the sin. Its all about cause and effects. Right cause then right effects, wrong causes then wrong effects. That why it says train up a child in the way He should go and when he is old he will it depart. IMO

love and peace to you and yours………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    The serpent of old deceived Adam and Eve becoming the true Father of all mankind

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……….there is not real being or person as the devil, The word devils, demons, Satan's, are represents EVIL influencing the mind of man which causes them to sin.

love to you…………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Jesus disagrees with you but you have free will.

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Dec. 16 2008,15:46)

meerkat….. i believe we were (not ) born sinners , little children are not sinners, as they grow they are influenced by the knowledge that in the world . John said it right, “for (ALL) that is in the world, the LUST of he Flesh, and the Lust of the eyes and the pride of Life , are (FROM) the WORLD ,and the world is passing away and the lusts with it”. These are the roots of all evil in the earth it is all received by the power of the air or sound waves and we are bombarded with with words (Spirits) and they all effect us in good or evil ways.

This all was introduces into the world through Adam.  Over all words Cause the effects of this world and the influences are evil. People a not born evil i believe they become evil by exposure to it. When EVIL is removes from the earth its influences are also. like in the 1000 year reign of Jesus and the Saints. People are not born sinners they become sinners and if the influence is removes so is the sin. Its all about cause and effects. Right cause then right effects, wrong causes then wrong effects. That why it says train up a child in the way He should go and when he is old he will it depart. IMO

Hi GB

meerkat….. i believe we were (not ) born sinners…

Surely I was sinful at birth, SINFUL FROM THE TIME MY MOTHER CONCEIVED ME“. Pss 51:5

Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and “death through sin“, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned– for before the law was given, sin was in the world. But sin is not taken into account when there is no law. Nevertheless, death reigned from the time of Adam to the time of Moses, even over those who did not sin by breaking a command, as did Adam, who was a pattern of the one to come. Rom 5:12-14

The moment one is concieved, they are born in sin. The death process has already begun for the wages of sin is death which passes to all men. (Rom 3:23)

For if, by the trespass of the one man, “death reigned” through that one man, how much more will those who receive God's abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ. Rom 5:17

WJ

meerkat
    Participant

world = kosmos

G2889
    κόσμος
    kosmos
    kos'-mos
    Probably from the base of G2865; orderly arrangement, that is, decoration; by implication the world (in a wide or narrow sense, including its inhabitants, literally or figuratively [morally]): – adorning, world.

Gene,

How I see it at the mo is that the carnal nature is of the world – the world is not just “out there separate from us” it is that carnal nature that is our body and soul – being carnal we will eventually sin – a little child is not born sinning but by their very nature they will sin – our nature is not “the devil” however I think it is an offspring of the devil, that is how we can be of our father the devil – it is how God organised it – first natural – then spiritual first knowledge of good and evil, then overcoming evil and choosing good with the Spirit of God.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

WJ……My bible has Psalm 51:5 …….behold i was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin my mother conceived me. His mother was lusting with His Father when He was conceived. And He as well as all of us are brought forth into in a state of iniquity, this whole is in a state of iniquity. I do agree the moment one is born He or She is Born into a world of Sin that eventually attaches it self to them, but they themselves, while the propensity exists for sin, are not born sinners, they become sinners. “for all thats in the world the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, the pride of Life, (ARE FROM THE WORLD)”. Not from the person at birth, when you were born you were not a sinner, you received it from the world as John plainly said. IMO

Love and peace to you WJ and YOURS……………………..gene

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Dec. 16 2008,13:06)

This all was introduces into the world through Adam. Over all words Cause the effects of this world and the influences are evil. People a not born evil i believe they become evil by exposure to it. When EVIL is removes from the earth its influences are also. like in the 1000 year reign of Jesus and the Saints. People are not born sinners they become sinners and if the influence is removes so is the sin. Its all about cause and effects. Right cause then right effects, wrong causes then wrong effects. That why it says train up a child in the way He should go and when he is old he will it depart. IMO

Hi GB

meerkat….. i believe we were (not ) born sinners…

Surely I was sinful at birth, SINFUL FROM THE TIME MY MOTHER CONCEIVED ME“. Pss 51:5

Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and “death through sin“, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned– for before the law was given, sin was in the world. But sin is not taken into account when there is no law. Nevertheless, death reigned from the time of Adam to the time of Moses, even over those who did not sin by breaking a command, as did Adam, who was a pattern of the one to come. Rom 5:12-14

The moment one is concieved, they are born in sin. The death process has already begun for the wages of sin is death which passes to all men. (Rom 3:23)

For if, by the trespass of the one man, “death reigned” through that one man, how much more will those who receive God's abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ. Rom 5:17

WJ

We are born into sin, but we don't come out already having sinned.

Do to the circumstances of the world and all people being born weak in their flesh, no person born (except Jesus of course), can escape sin.

As from the scriptures WJ gave, we see it declared that one man brought sin into the world, and thus sin came to all men. This is because death, and it's processes, weakened us, drawing us to serve our flesh instead of serving God.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 17 2008,04:17)
    GB,
    Jesus disagrees with you but you have free will.

Nick…..quite con-trier my brother, Jesus disagree with you in my opinion. You simply don't understand what He is really saying. You must come out from under fear and living in the old Testament to the Gospel of the New Covenant. It has far better promises Nick.

And I or you do not have a “FREE WILL” we have influenced Wills and yours is influenced by FEAR, Thats what drives you and controls you and holds you in captivity< Hardly (FREE) my friend.

love to you and yours………………gene

meerkat
    Participant

The psalms – how many of the them are dual in nature and are about David as well as the Messiah's physical suffering, death and resurrection?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The god of this world has had his dominion walls breached and now he is vulnerable to having his stolen goods pilfered. Men can be brought into the kingdom of light.

Jodi
    Participant

Romans 5:12 Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned– 13 for before the law was given, sin was in the world. But sin is not taken into account when there is no law. 14 Nevertheless, death reigned from the time of Adam to the time of Moses, even over those who did not sin by breaking a command, as did Adam, who was a pattern of the one to come.

Sin entered the world through Adam, not through a supernatural being deceiving Eve. Eve was the first to transgress from God's law, however scripture says that sin was in the world from the time of Adam, it just wasn't counted as transgression because there was no law against it.

So what was the sin that Adam did that brought Eve into being deceived and thus brought on her transgression?

1Ti 2:14 and Adam was not deceived, but the woman, having been deceived, into transgression came,

So isn't it clear, that by it being said, that Adam brought sin into the world and that Adam was not deceived that it was through him that caused Eve to be deceived?

Was Adam the serpent? Or did Adam do something so significant that it led Eve to deceive her own mind, thus making the serpent the mind of Eve?

Is the King of Tyre being likened to Adam here in Ezekiel 28?

Ezekiel 28:11 Moreover the word of the Lord came to me, saying, 12 “Son of man, take up a lamentation for the king of Tyre, and say to him, 'Thus says the Lord God: “You were the seal of perfection, Full of wisdom and perfect in beauty. 13 You were in Eden, the garden of God; Every precious stone was your covering: The sardius, topaz, and diamond, Beryl, onyx, and jasper, Sapphire, turquoise, and emerald with gold. The workmanship of your timbrels and pipes Was prepared for you on the day you were created. 14 “You were the anointed cherub who covers; I established you; You were on the holy mountain of God; You walked back and forth in the midst of fiery stones. 15 You were perfect in your ways from the day you were created, Till iniquity was found in you. 16 “By the abundance of your trading You became filled with violence within, And you sinned; Therefore I cast you as a profane thing Out of the mountain of God; And I destroyed you, O covering cherub, From the midst of the fiery stones. 17 “Your heart was lifted up because of your beauty; You corrupted your wisdom for the sake of your splendor; I cast you to the ground, I laid you before kings, That they might gaze at you.

Genesis 2:10 Now a river went out of Eden to water the garden, and from there it parted and became four riverheads. 11 The name of the first is Pishon; it is the one which skirts the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold. 12 And the gold of that land is good. Bdellium and the onyx stone are there. 13 The name of the second river is Gihon; it is the one which goes around the whole land of Cush. 14 The name of the third river is Hiddekel; it is the one which goes toward the east of Assyria. The fourth river is the Euphrates. 15 Then the Lord God took the man and put him in the garden of Eden to tend and keep it.

Adam was in Eden where there were precious stones.

19 Out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the air, and brought them to Adam to see what he would call them. And whatever Adam called each living creature, that was its name. 20 So Adam gave names to all cattle, to the birds of the air, and to every beast of the field. But for Adam there was not found a helper comparable to him.

Adam grew in wisdom about God and earth from watching animals come forth and being given the opportunity to name them.

Ezekiel 28:17″Your heart was lifted up because of your beauty; You corrupted your wisdom for the sake of your splendor;

Did Adam turn vein and corrupt his wisdom with his position over his helper Eve?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi JOdi,
    My bible shows the serpent at work.
    Revelation identifies him as satan.

Did you confuse the vessel with the contents?

Satan entered Judas too.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,481 through 1,500 (of 2,238 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account