Satan

Viewing 20 posts - 1,081 through 1,100 (of 2,238 total)
  • Author
    Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 15 2008,15:19)
    Hi Jodi,
    So Eph 2 speaks of the division between Jew and Gentile being abolished in Christ.

11Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

12That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

13But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

14For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

15Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

16And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

17And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.

18For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

19Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

So how does this teaching of Paul negate the teaching of Jesus about the Devil?

Nick, the enmity is NOT between two different groups of people. Really, Christ died so that Gentiles and Jews could become friends??

Jesus ABOLISHED IN HIS FLESH THE ENMITY. The enmity was not that he disliked Gentiles and now he loves them. What in the world are you talking about, “Eph 2 speaks of the division between Jew and Gentile being abolished in Christ.” ???

Our flesh is the problem. The enmity is said to be in our flesh. It is not said to be a supernatural being influencing or possessing our flesh. Our problem is within ourselves. Just looking at children's behavior the truth of which scripture speaks of is obvious in my opinion.

Ge 8:21 And the Lord smelled a soothing aroma. Then the Lord said in His heart, “I will never again curse the ground for man's sake, although the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; nor will I again destroy every living thing as I have done.

Psalms 58:1 To the Chief Musician. Set to 'Do Not Destroy.' F52 A Michtam of David. Do you indeed speak righteousness, you silent ones? Do you judge uprightly, you sons of men? 2 No, in heart you work wickedness; You weigh out the violence of your hands in the earth. 3 The wicked are estranged from the womb; They go astray as soon as they are born, speaking lies. 4 Their poison is like the poison of a serpent; They are like the deaf cobra that stops its ear,

My five year old daughter is an adversary, a devil by nature. Unless you think of course that some supernatural being is causing my daughter to lie about completely immature silly stuff?

Do you, is that what you think, that my little girl is possessed or is being manipulated by fallen angels?

I happen to believe she is just very ignorant and is trying to establish her place in the world according to her natural instincts which draw her mind to wanting to establish dominance and hierarchy. My daughters desires get ahead of her actual accomplishments, and thus she creates huge deceptions.

Nick, Cain became a liar and a murderer, he was probably an adolescent boy hopped up on testosterone, and God warned him, what did God say?? Beware that a fallen angel will cause you to sin? NO.

Genesis 4:6 So the Lord said to Cain, “Why are you angry? And why has your countenance fallen? 7 If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin lies at the door. And its desire is for you, but you should rule over it.”

Cain needed to rule over the sin that wanted to have him.

Romans 6:5 For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection, 6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin.

There is NO WAY that a person in a body that can experience pain, suffering, sickness, disease, deterioration and death can remain sinless, WHY? Because there natural instincts combined with their weak body and their ignorant mind is going to cause them to sin.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    You seem to have missed the context.
    ENMITY speaks of oppositition between two or more parties.
    So which parties are these in our flesh?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 16 2008,14:18)
    Hi Jodi,
    Better to trust what is written.
    Jesus spoke a lot of satan.
    We follow Jesus

Nick………if you followed Jesus you could understand what Jodi posted, but it obvious you don't even remotely understand no matter how plain it's made to you. Well maybe other who have the spirit of God can. in my opinion you neither follow Christ nor understand the subject of demons and devils. Jodi has used scripturese that show clearly that there is no super being going around jumping in and out of people and so have I. PRIDE is causing, you to not understand . imo

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    I can't help preferring the teachings of Jesus sorry.

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 15 2008,15:09)
    Hi Jodi,
    Just like the serpent.
    Judas was entered by satan
    Man pays the price for the god whom he serves

Philippians 3:18 For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: 19 whose end is destruction, whose god is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame–who set their mind on earthly things.

Ro 16:18 For those who are such do not serve our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly, and by smooth words and flattering speech deceive the hearts of the simple.

And the god of whom we serve is clearly our own flesh!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    Lusts certainly manifest as gods for many.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Jodi………Amen, You nailed it kid. It's amazing how easily it is to understand with GOD'S Spirit, and how the CARNAL MIND just CAN”T GRASP IT.

Love and peace to you and yours…………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    Folks under deception will worship anything… stones, spirits, angels, sun, moon, food ,sex..the list goes on.

Satan would be quite happy so long as the only true God is not worshipped and served.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……..and you under the deception of demons and devils and SATAN, are you not also worshiping a false teaching about a being or beings that scripture shown is not a separate being from man himself, but you chose to believe as ancient pagans do also in demons jumping in and out of people. Like i told you before if you understood what the word SPIRIT Means you could put it together, then you would (UNDERSTAND) what Jesus was talking about. IMO

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 15 2008,20:10)
    Hi Jodi,
    You seem to have missed the context.
    ENMITY speaks of oppositition between two or more parties.
    So which parties are these in our flesh?

Galatians 5:13 For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.

Notice it does not say, do not give opportunity to fallen angels, but rather it says, do not give opportunity to your flesh.

16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. 17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law. 19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, F19 fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders, F20 drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. 24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

The Spirit and the flesh are what is at enmity. The flesh profits nothing but death, whereas the Spirit is life. These are at enmity.

Joh 6:63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.

Jesus came in the flesh, but he destroyed the workings of it, which was sin, through the Spirit of God.

Php 3:3For we are the circumcision, who worship God in the Spirit, rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh,

Jesus CUT the FLESH OFF and did not allow it to cause him to sin.

Ro 6:19 I speak in human terms because of the weakness of your flesh. For just as you presented your members as slaves of uncleanness, and of lawlessness leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves of righteousness for holiness.

Ro 7:5 For when we were in the flesh, the sinful passions which were aroused by the law were at work in our members to bear fruit to death.

Ro 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find.

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Was Jesus influenced by paganism in your opinion?
    We follow his teachings and they come directly from God dwelling in him.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..NO He wasn't but you certainly appear to be though.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    Good riddance to the flesh from the dominion of the god of this world.
    Did you think Satan is directly involved with his evil works?
    No Jesus told us of his very well organised kingdom.

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 15 2008,20:51)
    Hi Jodi,
    Folks under deception will worship anything… stones, spirits, angels, sun, moon, food ,sex..the list goes on.

Satan would be quite happy so long as the only true God is not worshipped and served.

Really???

You think it takes a fallen angels to make someone worship the sun? Nick, it is obvious that people worship such things as animals and planets or stars because they are ignorant and they lack the truth.

No offense Nick, but IMO you seem to really lack basic knowledge of human nature and what people are capable of believing all on their own.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi JOdi,
    You have known deception and false reasoning so you should understand our vulnerability.

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 15 2008,21:35)
    Hi JOdi,
    You have known deception and false reasoning so you should understand our vulnerability.

Yes I understand the vulnerability that is in our weak flesh and in our ignorant mind and our fear of death.

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 15 2008,21:24)
    Hi Jodi,
    Good riddance to the flesh from the dominion of the god of this world.
    Did you think Satan is directly involved with his evil works?
    No Jesus told us of his very well organised kingdom.

The bible says that God created the darkness, He gave the punishment of death. We live IN the darkness when we allow our flesh to serve it.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    So why not rely of the Lord's teachings?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    Is it OK to call Jesus Lord and deny his teachings??

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 15 2008,23:17)
    Hi Jodi,
    Is it OK to call Jesus Lord and deny his teachings??

Nick, I presume that you are asking yourself this question, and you need my help to answer.

Nick, indeed you live as a hypocrite when you call Jesus your master, but you do not heed to his teachings. Like Gene says the best you can do is parrot his words, but you clearly have not taken them into your heart because you don't have the slightest understanding of them.

Your understanding makes Jesus and God out to be a liar, so let me help you to better understand. The first thing that you need to do is to think about the words that are being said in the following scriptures. It would probably help Nick, if you read them slowly.

Colossians 1:21 And you — once being alienated, and enemies in the mind, in the evil works, yet now did he reconcile,

Matthew 5:27 “You have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not commit adultery.' 28 But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29 If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.

OUR OWN MIND AND FLESH IS CLEARLY SHOWN TO BE OUR PROBLEM. No wonder why Satan is DIRECTLY referred to as being a man and is NEVER once in scripture referred to as a supernatural evil being.

Gene and I have shown how the adversary and the devil are directly referred to as being men. You come back and parrot a scripture, and cannot reason it to represent a fallen angel.

James 1:14 and each one is tempted, by his own desires being led away and enticed, 15 afterward the desire having conceived, doth give birth to sin, and the sin having been perfected, doth bring forth death. 16 Be not led astray, my brethren beloved;

Matthew 7:21 For it is from WITHIN, from the human heart, that evil intentions come: fornication, theft, murder, 22 adultery, avarice, wickedness, deceit, licentiousness, envy, slander, pride, folly. 23 All these evil things come from within, and they defile a person.”

I will ask this question again, if the bible clearly shows certain sins to come from our own desires and our own heart allows us to follow those desires, what other sins are left that a fallen angel could influence us to do? It seems all the really evil sins are already taken by coming from man alone.

Nick, what does this scripture mean to you?

Joh 8:44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.

I believe it is rather clear if you are acting like the devil, it means that you are being evil from you own resources. No wonder Jesus said if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. No wonder Jesus directly told us that sin comes from within.

The desires of you father you want to do. The father wanted to follow his own resources, therefore if your following your father and doing what he did, that means you are following after your own resources. If you lie you are like your father in that you are following your own resources.

Of whom in the beginning was a murderer and directly lied to God? That would be the MAN, Cain.

The devil is clearly shown to be the man who follows after his own resources.

Do you see Nick, there is no direct supernatural being that is causing the person to lie or manipulating the person to lie, they are being like their father and doing what their father did, which was sin according to their own resources.

Ga 5:24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

Jesus remained sinless because he did not give into fleshly desires. Jesus knew no sin, but he felt the punishment of sin when God put in his mind all the world's guilt and he took that guilt onto the cross and he died with it. Christ destroyed the devil on the cross. Christ did not destroy the influence of a supernatural being, he destroyed the influence of his flesh and its passions and desires that lead a man to sin.

Nick if you have Christ then it is not that you deny some supernatural beings influence, it is that you deny the desires and passions of your flesh that draw you to sin.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,081 through 1,100 (of 2,238 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account