Satan

Viewing 20 posts - 941 through 960 (of 2,238 total)
  • Author
    Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Jodi @ Sep. 03 2008,15:47)

Quote (Skye3 @ Sep. 03 2008,13:59)
    Hi, I'm new here but been lurking for awhile. Have read (most) of this thread and found it interesting and very helpful. Gene and Jodi I want to thank you both very much for your insightful posts and the time you put into them. They make a lot of sense and have helped to change my mind about a lot of things regarding satan and demons. Would you both mind posting what the bible teaches about mediums etc. and how this relates to demons and satan? That is one thing I'm not yet clear on. Again thanks for your time and effort. :)

Hello SKY3 and welcome!

Thanks for your kind and encouraging words. I should be back here later on tonight and will post something about mediums. Glad you brought it up.

Sorry, I got caught up last night watching tennis and the RNC. Before I knew it, it had gotten really late, and the only energy I had left was to drag myself off the couch and into bed. I hate when that happens.

I use to believe that mediums had to be people talking to evil spirit beings because they couldn't really be talking to the dead, because the dead know nothing, they are sleeping the sleep of death. I thought that the evil spirit beings were essentially tricking the mediums to make them believe that they were really talking to the dead.

It turns out it is just the mediums who do the tricking.

If you do a little research you can find that psychics of today and yesterday are all big phonies.

So what do we make of the scriptures that talk about familiar spirits (mediums)?

Le 20:27 `And a man or woman — when there is in them a familiar spirit, or who [are] wizards — are certainly put to death; with stones they stone them; their blood [is] on them.'

De 18:10 there is not found in thee one causing his son and his daughter to pass over into fire, a user of divinations, an observer of clouds, and an enchanter, and a sorcerer, 11 and a charmer, and one asking at a familiar spirit, and a wizard, and one seeking unto the dead. 12 `For the abomination of Jehovah [is] every one doing these, and because of these abominations is Jehovah thy God dispossessing them from thy presence.

1Sa 28:7 And Saul saith to his servants, `Seek for me a woman possessing a familiar spirit, and I go unto her, and inquire of her;' and his servants say unto him, `Lo, a woman possessing a familiar spirit in En-dor.'

1Sa 28:8 And Saul disguiseth himself and putteth on other garments, and goeth, he and two of the men with him, and they come in unto the woman by night, and he saith, `Divine, I pray thee, to me by the familiar spirit, and cause to come up to me him whom I say unto thee.'

2Ki 21:6 and he hath caused his son to pass through fire, and observed clouds, and used enchantment, and dealt with a familiar spirit and wizards; he hath multiplied to do the evil thing in the eyes of Jehovah — to provoke to anger.

1Ch 10:13 And Saul dieth because of his trespass that he trespassed against Jehovah, against the word of Jehovah that he kept not, and also for asking at a familiar spirit — to inquire,

2Ch 33:6 And he hath caused his sons to pass over through fire in the valley of the son of Hinnom, and observed clouds and used enchantments and witchcraft, and dealt with a familiar spirit, and a wizard; he hath multiplied to do the evil thing in the eyes of Jehovah, to provoke him to anger.

Isa 19:3/b And emptied out hath been in its midst the spirit of Egypt. And its counsel I swallow up, And they have sought unto the idols, And unto the charmers, And unto those having familiar spirits, And unto the wizards.

Isa 29:4 And thou hast been low, From the earth thou speakest, And from the dust makest thy saying low, And thy voice hath been from the earth, As one having a familiar spirit, And from the dust thy saying whisperest,

False idols, false beliefs and false powers is what makes up my understanding regarding those who were said to have a familiar spirit.

Quite interesting, if you research ancient Egypt practices of mediums you will find that to have a familiar spirit meant that a person was talking in the same manner as a ventriloquist!! This is no real big surprise, Egypt went to great lengths to get their people to believe in their false idols, their false beliefs, and their false powers of which included that they could speak to the dead and receive advice. Pharaohs would drug masses of people with a hallucinogenic and then put on a big spectacle of false imagery in order to get them to believe.

I am guessing that psychics today don’t practice ventriloquism any more because people caught onto its falsehood. Conveniently now the ‘dead’ communicate all within the physics head, and how sad and pathetic is it that people are still fooled.

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (david @ Sep. 03 2008,20:44)

There is not one single reference to a spirit in the bible as representing some self aware being who hates God and has it out for mankind and can jump in and out of people.

–jodi

MATTHEW 8:31
    “So the demons began to entreat him, saying: “If you expel us, send us forth into the herd of swine.””

Does this indicate self-awareness? Does it indicate anything else?

Evidently the demons get some sort of unnatural, sadistic pleasure from invading the bodies of fleshly creatures.

Some people think this doesn't make sense, Jesus allowing this. So they disregard this scripture.

According to God’s law swine were unclean animals, and not only were the Israelites forbidden to eat their flesh or to use them for sacrifices but even to touch the carcasses of swine made an Israelite unclean. For them to raise swine was therefore a flagrant disregard of God’s law. Since they had no business raising swine even for commercial purposes they could well consider this destruction of their herd as a just rebuke.
    But, it was not required that Jesus exercise foreknowledge as to what the demons would do once they entered the unclean animals. Also, it might be reasonably argued that one man is worth more than a herd of swine, especially since swine were supposed to have no commercial value among the Jews. So no fault can be found with Jesus’ permitting the demons to enter into the swine.

HI David,

Why didn't the evil spirits just leave the man at the sight of Jesus? Why wait around and talk to him if they knew he was a person who could over power them?

Something I posted earlier-

Here are some things to keep track of,

-the evil spirits never leave the bodies on their OWN accord, they are cast out by Yeshua’s commands.

-they FOLLOW Yeshua’s commands

-those who are possessed are said to be troubled or suffering from the evil spirit

-those who have the evil spirit cast out are said to be healed or cured

-the evil spirits who are possessing a person are not causing or influencing the person to consciously do bad things. Which this is what reflects my entire position, that there is nothing outside of mankind that can cause a man to sin, which is that of Yeshua’s position, who says and I quote him, “What comes out of a man, that defiles a man. 21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, 22 thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lewdness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness. 23 All these evil things come from within and defile a man.”

The evil spirits that are said to possess a person are NOT INFLUENCING the person to commit sins, but rather are inflicting them in manners of physical and mental pain of which Yeshua HEALS them of.

Evil spirits that inflict man in manners of mental or physical conditions come from God.

Evil spirits in man that influence him to commit sinful actions come from within man's own heart.

All other ideas about evil spirits IMO equal not only superstition but idolatry!

David what makes you think in the first place that it was Jews who owned the heard of swine? Jesus was in an area where Gentiles lived?

David you said, “it was not required that Jesus exercise foreknowledge as to what the demons would do once they entered the unclean animals.”

You don't think it is odd that they wanted to enter the swine in the first place? In the time of Jesus swine were thought by some to have healing powers. People would use parts of dead pigs over their eyes or ears thinking it could heal them from their blindness or deafness. Could it be possible that the mad person thought he might be better off in the swine? The mad person was already dwelling around the tombs, which was a place where pagans would also go for healing.

It is reasonable as well that Jesus allowed the disease to enter the swine to show just what exactly was inflicting the man. As the disease made the man insane that is exactly what it did to the pigs, it made them go crazy to the point that they drowned themselves. The very fact that the pigs drowned themselves to me proves that what was IN the man was nothing other then a debilitating disease.

David, I consider it a form of idolatry when a person gives YHWH's powers to other entities. God is the one who said that He would put confusion of mind and madness in people, so wouldn't it be keeping with His word to understand the evil spirits inside the man as coming from God?

When you add this fact about what God told us back in Deuteronomy, and you also add the fact of what pagans believed, isn't it just common sense that the truth should not reflect the pagan beliefs during the time of Jesus, but rather God's declarations at the time of Moses?

It is really quite unfortunate that the majority of people on this forum cling to the pagan beliefs abundant during the time of Jesus, rather then the direct words of Our Almighty Creator.

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (david @ Sep. 03 2008,20:03)

As well, if this powerful supernatural being wants us to worship him, then why on earth would he also try deceiving us into believing that he does not exist?

While he worship for himself, ultimately, he wants to prove God wrong. It began with him wanting what God would have–power, worship, etc.
    God is allowing him to prove his claims. Look at Job's account. Satan clearly wanted to show God that men only serve God because of what they get from him, not because of love. If he could prove God wrong, that no man would do this, then he wins. Yes, he wants worship, but really, if he turns us away from worshipping God, it accomplishes his aims, nonetheless.

David,

In my understanding the story of Job is a TRUE story that comes out of the perspective of Israelites who called God's messengers Satans when they came down to inflict.

Satan in the book of Job does not go against God. My gosh he is communicating with God in God's presence.

David unfortunately for you there is not a story in the bible that speaks of a sinful angel who is full of pride, but there are several scriptures that show MAN as being full of pride, MAN likening himself to a god, and God humbling him by cutting him down or making him fall from the high position he believes he is in.

Job 20:4 “Surely you know how it has been from of old, ever since man was placed on the earth, 5 that the mirth of the wicked is brief, the joy of the godless lasts but a moment. 6 Though his pride reaches to the heavens and his head touches the clouds, 7 he will perish forever, like his own dung; those who have seen him will say, 'Where is he?'

Ps 31:18 Let their lying lips be silenced, for with pride and contempt they speak arrogantly against the righteous.

Ps 59:12 For the sins of their mouths, for the words of their lips, let them be caught in their pride. For the curses and lies they utter,

Pr 16:18 Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall.

Isa 2:11 The eyes of the arrogant man will be humbled and the pride of men brought low; the Lord alone will be exalted in that day.

Isa 2:17 The arrogance of man will be brought low and the pride of men humbled; the Lord alone will be exalted in that day,

I find it interesting how there are so many examples in the bible of man needing to be brought low from the High place he believes he is in, but yet every time in scripture when someone sees a ‘fall from heaven,’ people assume it represents some literal fall by an angel from the heaven of God’s abode.

Isa 37:23 Who is it you have insulted and blasphemed? Against whom have you raised your voice and lifted your eyes in pride? Against the Holy One of Israel!

Jer 49:16 The terror you inspire and the pride of your heart have deceived you, you who live in the clefts of the rocks, who occupy the heights of the hill. Though you build your nest as high as the eagle's, from there I will bring you down,” declares the Lord.

Ob 1:3 The pride of your heart has deceived you, you who live in the clefts of the rocks and make your home on the heights, you who say to yourself, 'Who can bring me down to the ground?'

So many CLEAR examples of MAN and his pride, however not one text in the bible of a sinful angel in heaven having pride over God. Why do people cling to such a nonexistent biblical doctrine is very perplexing to me.

To the Israelites who correctly followed God understanding that He alone brings blessings and cursings, saw Satan in the book of Job as one of God's messengers, of whom brought forth cursing upon a man. An angel of the Lord found a man whom he thought needed testing, and the Lord obviously thought he did too.

The adversary in the book of Job is not shown to be evil in the eyes of God, nor full of pride. The adversary and God in the book of Job are working together to work righteous character into Job.

It is in the book of Job that we see pride being a problem with man, not a problem with some fallen angel.

Job 35:12 There they cry out, but He does not answer, Because of the pride of evil men. 13 Surely God will not listen to empty talk, Nor will the Almighty regard it.

Let's look at this scripture again, Job 20:4 “Surely you know how it has been from of old, ever since man was placed on the earth, 5 that the mirth of the wicked is brief, the joy of the godless lasts but a moment. 6 Though his pride reaches to the heavens and his head touches the clouds, 7 he will perish forever, like his own dung; those who have seen him will say, 'Where is he?'

Evil is not seen in some angel who was filled with pride and was cast down, evil in the bible is seen as man being full of pride that he lifts himself up and God must cut him down.

Isaiah 14:13 For you have said in your heart: 'I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God; I will also sit on the mount of the congregation On the farthest sides of the north; 14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds, I will be like the Most High.' 15 Yet you shall be brought down to Sheol, To the lowest depths of the Pit. 16 “Those who see you will gaze at you, And consider you, saying: 'Is this the man who made the earth tremble, Who shook kingdoms,

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (david @ Sep. 03 2008,20:21)

Of course I believe what Jesus taught, he is the one that referred to Satan as directly representing a MAN who has in mind the things of MEN.

Hi Jodi. I'm wondering which scripture you are referring to here?

Mr 8:33 But when He had turned around and looked at His disciples, He rebuked Peter, saying, “Get behind Me, Satan! For you are not mindful of the things of God, but the things of men.”

Peter is Satan, Peter is a man, therefore Satan is man!

To be a Satan is to have in mind the things of MEN!

A Satan is therefore a man who has in mind the things of men.

God wants us to have in mind the things of God, so when we have our own thoughts in mind we are adversaries unto him, meanings we ourselves are Satans.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (dirtyknections @ Sep. 05 2008,00:26)

Quote (david @ Sep. 04 2008,15:05)

And didn't you not say earlier that Satan is capable of making you believe that he does not exist?

I said that he doesn't want people to know he exists–just like any criminal.

2 CORINTHIANS 4:4
    “among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through.”

Jodi, I'm wondering what you think of this scripture. To whom does it refer?

:D ..they always dance around this scripture bro

DK…..if you understood that the gods of this world is man then you would understand its man who controls whats going on in this world. It's man who sits in high places in this world seeking who he may devour , it's man under the influence of greed and lust that has and is corrupting the world, Its whats in man himself and man Himself is held accountable for it all, Not some unseen demon or devils jumping in and out of people. Jesus said no you not (does not scripture say you are gods). So now what you are saying is Jesus did know what he was talking about.

If you understood that the word Elohim means (POWERS) and those who posse those Powers are gods as Jesus said. Then it would makes sense to you. But you seem to have been indoctrinated in this worlds religious belief systems with regard to demons and devils. Satan is just and Adversarial Spirit, (INTELLECT) that is in MAN. There are no spook going around jumping in and out of people, this Metaphysical ideology came from pure pagan practices and thoughts, nothing more.

peace to you and yours………gene

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (david @ Sep. 03 2008,20:05)

And didn't you not say earlier that Satan is capable of making you believe that he does not exist?

I said that he doesn't want people to know he exists–just like any criminal.

“among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through.”

Jodi, I'm wondering what you think of this scripture. To whom does it refer?

Philippians 3:18 for many walk of whom many times I told you — and now also weeping tell — the enemies of the cross of the Christ! 19 whose end is destruction, whose god is the belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who the things on earth are minding.

Our god that we follow is throughout the bible told to be ourselves.Those that are enemies to Christ are those who's god is their bellies, their own flesh. People who follow there flesh are adversaries to God, they lie and distort, producing all manners of deception, even being able to make themselves appear as messenger of light and truth.

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (david @ Sep. 03 2008,20:15)
    Also, to the above, i would add:

2 CORINTHIANS 11:14
    “And no wonder, for Satan himself keeps transforming himself into an angel of light.”

But moving on,

So how is it that he influences us without our knowing it?

We are inflluenced without our consciously knowing it for much of the day. Advertising, for example. It works. Many big companies spend billions on advertising. They do this because they know it works.

Let's start with some scrptures:
    Even though the Bible says: “The earth belongs to Jehovah,” it also says: “Earth itself has been given into the hand of the wicked one.” (Ex 9:29; Job 9:24) The apostle John stated something similar saying: “We originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.”–1 John 5:19
    Shortly after his baptism, Jesus was “tempted by the Devil.” Citing one of the temptations, the Bible says: “The Devil took him along to an unusually high mountain, and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory.” (Matthew 4:1,8) Satan then told Jesus: “I will give you all this authority and the glory of them, because it has been delivered to me, and to whomever I wish I give it. You, therefore, if you do an act of worship before me, it will all be yours.””–Luke 4:6,7
    Satan “tempted” Jesus by offering him “all the kingdoms of the world.” Yet, would Satan’s offer have been a real temptation if Satan was not actually the ruler of these kingdoms? And note, Jesus di d not deny tat all these wordly governments were Satan’s, which he would have done if Satan did not have power over them.–Matthew 4:1,8-10
    In fact, on another occasion Jesus confirmed that Satan truly is the ruler of the kingdoms of this world. He said: “the ruler of this world will be cast out.” And he added: “the ruler of the world is coming. And he has no hold on me.” And, “the ruler of this world has been judged.”–John 12:31; 14:30; 16:11
    Satan is not alone in his rulership. “Stand firm against the machinations of the Devil; because we have a wrestling, not against blood and flesh, but against the governments, against the authorities, against the world rulers of this darkness, against the wicked spirit forces in the heavenly places.”–Ephesians 6:11,12
    So from these scriptures, it is clear that someone has been controlling both men and nations. And the Bible clearly identifies him when it speaks of: “The one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth”–Revelation 12:9 (Also see Rev. 13:2 where Satan is depicted as a dragon that gives to the world’s political system “it’s power and its throne and great authority.”)
    The Bible even calls Satan “the god of this system of things”

To your question:
    EPHESIANS 2:1-2
    “Furthermore, [it is] YOU [God made alive] though YOU were dead in YOUR trespasses and sins, in which YOU at one time walked according to the system of things of this world, according to the ruler of the authority of the air, the spirit that now operates in the sons of disobedience.”

It's intersesting, if you look, you'll find that Jesus said his disciples would be “no part of the world” just as he himself was “no part of the world.”
    (John 15:19)

So, maybe this influence doesn't affect them as it does those who are of the world.

You said, “We are inflluenced without our consciously knowing it for much of the day. Advertising, for example. It works. Many big companies spend billions on advertising. They do this because they know it works.”

This is an example today of how MAN influences us. David do you really think that man doesn't know that commercials and advertisements influence us. We all know that they do. Really bad example dude.

Give me an example today of how I am influenced by an evil supernatural being and don't know it.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Jodi @ Sep. 05 2008,05:41)

Quote (david @ Sep. 03 2008,20:21)

Of course I believe what Jesus taught, he is the one that referred to Satan as directly representing a MAN who has in mind the things of MEN.

Hi Jodi. I'm wondering which scripture you are referring to here?

Mr 8:33 But when He had turned around and looked at His disciples, He rebuked Peter, saying, “Get behind Me, Satan! For you are not mindful of the things of God, but the things of men.”

Peter is Satan, Peter is a man, therefore Satan is man!

To be a Satan is to have in mind the things of MEN!

A Satan is therefore a man who has in mind the things of men.

God wants us to have in mind the things of God, so when we have our own thoughts in mind we are adversaries unto him, meanings we ourselves are Satans.

Jodi………Amen Sis.

peace to you and yours, hug the little ones for me…………gene

Jodi
    Participant

Thanks Gene, great job on your posts as well.

Are you going to start a new topic on fear, like you mentioned? I think you should.

Keep up the good work brother, love to you, Jodi

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    You say
    “Why didn't the evil spirits just leave the man at the sight of Jesus? Why wait around and talk to him if they knew he was a person who could over power them?”

So you do recognise evil spirits.
    You just do not understand aspects of their behaviours.

I'm not sure who does understand everything about them.

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (david @ Sep. 03 2008,20:28)
    MATTHEW 12:24
    “At hearing this, the Pharisees said: “This fellow does not expel the demons except by means of Be·el′ze·bub, the ruler of the demons.””

Who is the ruler of the demons?

I'm still not really sure what people think demons are.

The Pharisees said “This fellow does not expel the demons except by means of Be·el′ze·bub, the ruler of the demons.”

Jesus called the Pharisees liars and hypocrites.

Beelzebub was the false god of the Philistines. The Pharisees were obviously idolaters, which is no big surprise since Israelites had a long history of being such. Beelzebub was a false god who had false demons. The OT warns man time and time again not to believe in false gods and demons because they cannot see, hear or walk and they certainly do not have any powers. God makes it clear that HE ALONE holds the powers of blessings and cursings. Therefore when we see the word demon (Greek meaning divine powers) it would obviously then represent the divine powers of YHWH.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    So they too, like you, recognised the presence of demons.
    They did not however confuse God with their master Beelezebub.

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 04 2008,12:20)
    Hi Jodi,
    You say
    “Why didn't the evil spirits just leave the man at the sight of Jesus? Why wait around and talk to him if they knew he was a person who could over power them?”

So you do recognise evil spirits.
    You just do not understand aspects of their behaviours.

I'm not sure who does understand everything about them.

Nick, you are one confused man when it comes to understanding what is intended by the writer.

When I wrote, “Why didn't the evil spirits just leave the man at the sight of Jesus? Why wait around and talk to him if they knew he was a person who could over power them?” I was speaking from the perspective of David, wanting David to explain.

When I view David's points from his perspective many things are confusing to me, so I ask questions from that perspective to see if he can make sense of it.

Nick tell me ONE time when I have said that I do not believe in evil spirits. Why must be a devil?

I have ALWAYS believed in evil spirits, I just don't believe in YOUR definition of them.

You must have missed this point I made earlier today-

Evil spirits that inflict man in manners of mental or physical conditions come from God.

Evil spirits in man that influence him to commit sinful actions come from within man's own heart.

All other ideas about evil spirits IMO equal not only superstition but idolatry!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    Our God is not the father of evil.
    He is the Father of lights.

Another god is the murderer and liar from the beginning.
    Indeed natural man has his own spirit, but if several live in him they are not of him.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    We know that a man without a spirit is dead[Jas2] so the spirits that Jesus was casting out were not the spirits of man or they would have died. There is no suggestion is scripture that natural man has more than one spirit.

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 04 2008,13:50)
    Hi Jodi,
    Our God is not the father of evil.
    He is the Father of lights.

Another god is the murderer and liar from the beginning.
    Indeed natural man has his own spirit, but if several live in him they are not of him.

The Old Testament talks about God sending evil spirits to do his work. Why are they called evil spirits, why are God's messengers called adversaries, because they are bringing horrible punishments that the Israelites view as being evil.

This evil cannot be confused with the evil and uncleanness of man

Ro 6:19 I speak in human terms because of the weakness of your flesh. For just as you presented your members as slaves of uncleanness, and of lawlessness leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves of righteousness for holiness.

Nick the bible does not define evil spirits as being supernatural beings against God, only idolaters do.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    Certainly God allows Satan to test men as shown by the book of Job and nothing can happen without His knowledge but that does not make Him the source of evil.

Natural men certainly serve with their members the god of this world and his work is through sin LIVING in the flesh.

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 04 2008,14:27)
    Hi Jodi,
    We know that a man without a spirit is dead[Jas2] so the spirits that Jesus was casting out were not the spirits of man or they would have died. There is no suggestion is scripture that natural man has more than one spirit.

Nick you would really do yourself some good if you studied the bible more and made at least a little effort to understand what the word spirit in the bible means.

Within God's Spirit we see many spirits.

Isa 11:2 Rested on him hath the Spirit of Jehovah, The spirit of wisdom and understanding, The spirit of counsel and might, The spirit of knowledge and fear of Jehovah.

Within man many evil spirits can arise as I have previously stated. Such as jealousy, envy and selfishness. These are the evil spirits aroused by the flesh that cause man to do evil and commit sin.

Mark 7:14 And having called near all the multitude, he said to them, `Hearken to me, ye all, and understand; 15 there is nothing from without the man entering into him that is able to defile him, but the things coming out from him, those are the things defiling the man. 16 If any hath ears to hear — let him hear.'

To be defiled is to be made unclean. Jesus is specifically telling us that there is nothing from outside a man that can make him unclean. Therefore if a man has an unclean spirit it must of come from within him.

Isn't Jesus deliberately addressing the superstitions at the time with this scripture? It is apparent by the words of Jesus that the Jews thought that if they didn't clean things properly that evil beings would come and cause them to do evil things. Jesus was trying to tell them that simply is not true, that all evil comes from within man.

20 And he said — `That which is coming out from the man, that doth defile the man; 21 for from within, out of the heart of men, the evil reasonings do come forth, adulteries, whoredoms, murders, 22 thefts, covetous desires, wickedness, deceit, arrogance, an evil eye, evil speaking, pride, foolishness; 23 all these evils do come forth from within, and they defile the man.'

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    So lusts give life to sin-spirits that claim man as their home, and these spirits do wicked things through their human vessels? So Jesus came to set men free from their influence, drove them out and filled their cleansed cups with the Holy Spirit?
    Is this what you mean?

david
    Participant

WHO IS THE RULER OF THE WORLD?

WHO DID JESUS REFER TO AS THE RULER OF THE WORLD?

WHO?

ANYONE?

HE SAID IT LIKE 3 TIMES.

WHAT WAS HE REFERRING TO?

ANYONE?

I GUESS NOT.

Viewing 20 posts - 941 through 960 (of 2,238 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account