Satan

Viewing 20 posts - 821 through 840 (of 2,238 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……lets just say Jesus talked to people on there level of understanding. As i told you before if you incest on what Jesus said as a literal fact then you must accept when Jesus said Peter was Satan He either meant Peter was literately Satan or as Jodi brought out He was simply meaning He was an adversary. And the Satan (adversary) attitude came from Peter not from some demon taking possession of Him. You can't have it both ways Nick. Your continual inference of not believing Jesus only shows you true lack of understanding of what Jesus meant. Also you lack of understanding what Spirit is is a hinderer to you in your understanding.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    So Jesus knew far more but could not tell all men in that or in subsequent generations because of the inability of that generation to assimilate it?

If you understood man you would believe what Jesus said, then you could grasp about our being 'cups' that needed the inside cleaned out and Peter, and the sons of thunder, were no different. You should not tell us Jesus did not speak the truth but follow him and believe him.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…….It;s not Jesus who did not speak truth it's you not understanding what he meant thats the problem. Where or when did i say Jesus did not speak truth, it you who is saying Jesus didn't mean Peter was indeed a real Satan. And the Pharisees were not really children of the devil, not me because they were children of the devils and the devils was them and there fathers, not some separate being jumping in and out of them as you think.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    You have more or less told us that Jesus and the apostles were limited by their culture and unable to express things that modern minds can now tell us. In so doing you deny Jesus is the truth and the veracity of scripture. Perhaps you can clarify if we have misundertstood because in so doing you have denied the Master and the basis of true faith.

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 26 2008,21:26)
    Hi GB,
    You have more or less told us that Jesus and the apostles were limited by their culture and unable to express things that modern minds can now tell us. In so doing you deny Jesus is the truth and the veracity of scripture. Perhaps you can clarify if we have misundertstood because in so doing you have denied the Master and the basis of true faith.

Hi Nick,

Why do you think that this world continues on? Why do you think that Yeshua has not yet returned? Why do we still live with a weak flesh? Why has Yeshua been sitting at the right hand of God for over 2,000 years? Do you honestly think that upon his resurrection sitting at God's right hand God has needed to teach him nothing?

All the history that has unfolded, all the knowledge that has increased and has been accumulated, at the sake of man's suffering mind you, you think is for no cause what so ever?

Jodi
    Participant

OOPs, I obviously meant to say almost 2,000 years not over 2,000 years.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……..saying that they did not have the understanding that we now have regarding mental health and there false assumings of these problems as Demons in People is a no brainier everyone knows that or at least should. Let me put this in large letters so you might get it, JESUS DID NOT KNOW EVERYTHING AND NEITHER DID THE APOSTLES. Now as shocking as that may seem it is none the less TRUE. There is ONLY ONE who Knows everything and that is GOD HIMSELF. Try to let this sink in if you can, and don't add to what i just wrote please.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Did Jesus not understand mental health?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    You have told us that Jesus spoke the words of truth from God.
    But this excluded mental health and demons as he was ignorant?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    So Jesus was far more ignorant than you?

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 26 2008,22:06)
    Hi GB,
    Did Jesus not understand mental health?

Nick,

If Jesus believed in the Old Testament and the God of the Old Testament then he would define the demons, 'devine powers' as coming from God. What he would not do would be to define the demons according to the Greeks, which is what the RCC did, and is what the OT directly tells us were beings that did not exist.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Come on tell us you know more than the truth and you position is self defined.

Jodi
    Participant

Gene,

May the Lord continue to bless you with grace and knowledge!

Good night, with love to you and yours, Jodi

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    So the modern man knows far more about mental illness than Jesus Christ?
    I have books 6 inches thick about mental illness and none can say what causes it.

I prefer the teachings of Jesus Christ and so should you.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    If you will not uphold the teachings of Jesus what does that say?

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 26 2008,23:35)
    Hi GB,
    So the modern man knows far more about mental illness than Jesus Christ?
    I have books 6 inches thick about mental illness and none can say what causes it.

I prefer the teachings of Jesus Christ and so should you.

So Nick, SOME of the mental illnesses doctors and scientist have yet to find the exact cause, you believe must then represent people who are being possessed by demons?

Nick how old are those books that you have?

Gene and I prefer not to deny the Old Testament and understand Jesus through what YHWH specifically tells us in it.

Those demon possessed in the New Testament were often said to be dumb. God specifically tells us that it is BY Him that people are caused to be dumb. The Old Testament also specifically tells us that there are not false gods or demons that can do such things. The Old Testament NEVER even hints at the idea that beings against God, such as fallen angels, or anything of the like, exist and are able to continue using YHWH's powers.

Nick, when you do not use the knowledge given in the Old Testament to understand the New, you are not just understanding the New Testament from a limited perspective, but from a completely false one.

It is really not a big surprise that you and the majority of Christians out there do not understand this. The majority of the Israelites constantly denied the truth and feared false gods and demons as well.

YHWH says that it is by Him and His powers that the deaf, dumb, mute and blind are stricken. When you believe Nick that these powers can come from another being, plain and simple, you are believing in false gods.

Nick, what does that say, if you choose to believe in false gods?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Jodi……Amen sister, as you say,you nailed it. If only these people could realize God hates the idolatrous ideology of devils and demons which has plagued all of Israel and the Gentile world from the beginning of time and still even with the modern science and medical understanding effects “religious” people in our day. If they would read and understand what God Says about this in the old testament they could better understand the subject, and from what prospective Jesus was coming from when he spoke to a pagan and idolatrous world, Who were full of all kinds of false superstitions.

Love and peace to you and yours…….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    If Jesus is the truth and his teachings never pass
    and you think you know more than him
    how should we regard you?

Was he of superstition but your teachings are pure?

Turn back from your deception and show respect for the truth of God that you say was revealed in the Son.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……Your lack of understanding is your problem not mine or Jodi's we and have explained to you very clearly what Jesus was dealing with in his day when it came to the (PAGAN) Ideology of Demons and Devils and you have not been able to answer any of the things we mentioned which to me shows your total lack of understanding of scriptures especially the Old Testament.

Thats all you seem to be able to do is to make it appear we are trying to be more pure then Jesus was and etc., Which only shows your true hearts intent is to cause division between us and Jesus Christ . Thats all you are able to offer to this dialog. I have ask you many time to quite putting words in my mouth which you seem unable to stop doing. It makes me wounder from what spirit your are from. I certainly don't see the spirit of Christ or love at all coming from your words.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    As soon as you have supported your master's words as the living truth and not lies we should dialogue.

Viewing 20 posts - 821 through 840 (of 2,238 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account