Satan

Viewing 20 posts - 641 through 660 (of 2,238 total)
  • Author
    Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 17 2008,12:40)
    Hi Jodi,
    I notice you only quoted the OT in your last post.
    What of the teachings of Jesus Christ of Nazareth?
    He spoke the truth of God and to listen to him is essential.

You know darn well Nick, that I quote Jesus all the time, Paul too.

Your seriously a real piece of work. Instead of bringing up something as stupid as 'I noticed in this post you didn't quote Jesus', why don't you comment on the scriptures I actually did bring up?

Is not the entire bible, God's inspired word?
    Is it a requirement now that we quote Jesus in every post?

Do you get off trying to provoke people to anger?

Why don't you comment on the scriptures I did quote, and not ones that I didn't?

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (dirtyknections @ July 17 2008,12:50)

Quote (Jodi @ July 18 2008,07:30)

Quote (dirtyknections @ July 17 2008,12:09)

Quote (Jodi @ July 18 2008,07:04)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 17 2008,11:31)
    Hi Jodi,
    Did the ADVERSARY of Job have the power to inflict boils, to cause fire to come from heaven and to raise up the power of the wind? Job is scripture.

Hi Nick,

I am seeing the story of Job from the perspective of an Israelite story. Picture the story as if an Israelite is telling it to a group of his own people. Keep in mind that the Israelites called a messenger of God, a Satan, when the messenger was coming down with the powers of God to punish and curse them.

This is where you take a false step

And this is all you have to say DK?

I don't mind you declaring that I have taken a false step, but how about a little insight brother?

What is your understanding of the adversary in Job.

How do you identify him?

Job 1… 6 One day the angels [a] came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came with them. 7 The LORD said to Satan, “Where have you come from?”
    Satan answered the LORD, “From roaming through the earth and going back and forth in it.”

Do I need to go any further?

Yes, please do.

You have not answered my question in the least.

Who do you identify the adversary as being?

DK, do you believe that God's messengers watch over us? In doing so would it be possible that some have the job of roaming around the earth?

Hi Jodi,
    Did the ADVERSARY of Job have the power to inflict boils, to cause fire to come from heaven and to raise up the power of the wind?  Job is scripture.

Hi Nick,

I am seeing the story of Job from the perspective of an Israelite story. Picture the story as if an Israelite is telling it to a group of his own people. Keep in mind that the Israelites called a messenger of God, a Satan, when the messenger was coming down with the powers of God to punish and curse them.

This is what you call special pleading and reading into clear text inference!

:) WJ

Quote (Jodi @ July 18 2008,08:00)

Hi Jodi,

Your seriously a real piece of work. Instead of bringing up something as stupid as 'I noticed in this post you didn't quote Jesus', why don't you comment on the scriptures I actually did bring up?

Why don't you comment on the scriptures I did quote, and not ones that I didn't?

Jodi

Why are you so upset? Because he challenges your post and your belief?

???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    The main teaching in the bible about Satan and his kingdom of darkness is from the mouth of Jesus Christ and his apostles. The Jewish people were indeed restricted in their vision of these matters.

Quote (Jodi @ July 18 2008,08:06)

Hi Jodi,
    Did the ADVERSARY of Job have the power to inflict boils, to cause fire to come from heaven and to raise up the power of the wind?  Job is scripture.

Hi Nick,

I don't mind you declaring that I have taken a false step, but how about a little insight brother?

How do you identify him?

Job 1… 6 One day the angels [a] came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came with them. 7 The LORD said to Satan, “Where have you come from?”
         Satan answered the LORD, “From roaming through the earth and going back and forth in it.”

Yes, please do.

DK, do you believe that God's messengers watch over us? In doing so would it be possible that some have the job of roaming around the earth?

Jodi

Is man and Angels beings?

You say that “The adversary” is man or the evil nature of man. Is man a being?

How can you emphatically declare that satan in Job is not a being. He conversed with God and inflicted Job.

As NH says …”Did the ADVERSARY of Job have the power to inflict boils, to cause fire to come from heaven and to raise up the power of the wind?”

You just spiritualize it all away without any basis.

None of the Hebrew scholars and commentators read the text as you do!

Where is your credentials in reinterpreting the scriptures?

What authority do you have to change the translations?

Why don't you address some of our questions and points?

???

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 17 2008,13:15)

Quote (Jodi @ July 18 2008,08:00)

Hi Jodi,

Jodi

Why are you so upset? Because he challenges your post and your belief?

???

WJ,

He has not challenged anything? That is what is so bothersome.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    When the adversary entered Judas do you think Satan himself did?
    Why should the prince of darkness have to do his own dirty work?

Jodi

Here is some points to address first from LU…

Hey Jodi,
    Thanks for your response.  

I don't have the time to address your whole post but I do have a few thoughts in response.

Actually I don't think that the scripture says that the spirits came out by their own action.

It is the greek active voice that the verbs were written in that tells us that the spirits did the coming out and the entering into the pigs.  These actions didn't happen to the spirits, they (the spirits) did the actions.  As I stated in my previous post, they did these actions in response to the Lord's direction, no question about that.  Do you understand the concept of the active and passive voice in greek?

Why would the evil celestial spirits want to go into the pigs? Are they themselves crazy? Why would they then have the pigs go crazy to the point of killing them?

Man and animals do in fact share the same diseases. When we want to find a cure for a disease we do in fact inject that disease into animals. Christ inflicting the pigs, when telling the unclean spirits to go into the pigs, and the pigs then going crazy to the point of drowning themselves, makes the identity of the 'unclean spirits' to me seem much more likely to be an illness then it does some celestial being.

It is obvious to me that Christ is not inflicting the pigs in order to find a cure here.  That is no where stated in this passage.  Not only is it not stated, it certainly didn't bring about any cure.  Wouldn't you agree?  

You ask “why would the evil celestial spirits want to go into the pigs?”  What about why did Christ allow them to go into the pigs, especially if it were going to kill them?  Why were the spirits afraid to go into waterless places?  I see alot more going on here than Christ curing some mental disease.  I don't know if we will know the answers before we ourselves experience the spiritual dimension though.

Gotta go make some dinner for my hungry crew.  Thanks for your time Jodi.

Bless you,
    Kathi

What about this Jodi! Will just ignore it and post more of your own oppologetics?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    Jesus had a lot to say about the kingdom of darkness.
    Lk11
    14And he was casting out a devil, and it was dumb. And it came to pass, when the devil was gone out, the dumb spake; and the people wondered.

15But some of them said, He casteth out devils through Beelzebub the chief of the devils.

16And others, tempting him, sought of him a sign from heaven.

17But he, knowing their thoughts, said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and a house divided against a house falleth.

18If Satan also be divided against himself, how shall his kingdom stand? because ye say that I cast out devils through Beelzebub.

19And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your sons cast them out? therefore shall they be your judges.

20But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you.

21When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:

22But when a stronger than he shall come upon him, and overcome him, he taketh from him all his armour wherein he trusted, and divideth his spoils.

23He that is not with me is against me: and he that gathereth not with me scattereth.

24When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest; and finding none, he saith, I will return unto my house whence I came out.

25And when he cometh, he findeth it swept and garnished.

26Then goeth he, and taketh to him seven other spirits more wicked than himself; and they enter in, and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first.

Jodi

Here is a few more points you haven't addressed…

Sicknesses, mental illnesses, infections and the like do not have a kingdom, nor does a single man or corporate man have a kingdom called the kingdom of darkness in which he rules. Nor does man know apart from a supernatural revelation from a demon or unclean spirits or the Holy Spirit that Yeshua is the Son of God.

And unclean spirits, when they saw him, fell down before him, and cried, saying, Thou art the Son of God. Mark 3:11

Note that these unclean spirits knew Yeshua was the Son of God.

And he straitly charged them that they should not make him known. Mark 3:12

If these unclean spirits were simply the men as you claim, and not evil sprits in the men ,then they had the same revelation that Peter had in which Jesus said, “Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven”.  Matt 16:17

So if these unclean spirits were men then they would be considered flesh and blood, which means that according to your view the Father revealed to men who you say are “unclean spirits” or “demons” that Yeshua was the Son of God.

Here it is again…

And he healed many that were sick of divers diseases, and cast out many devils; And “Suffered Not The Devils To Speak”, because they knew him.

Another thing to take note of in these passages and many others is that the writer makes a distinction between “healing the sick of various diseases” and “casting out devils”, again proving your point wrong that unclean spirits or devils is simply “mental illnesses” or “sicknesses”, or “infections” that make men go crazy!

And he ordained twelve, that they should be with him, and that he might send them forth to preach, And to have Power To Heal Sicknesses, **and** to Cast Out Devils: Mark 3:14, 15

And his fame went throughout all Syria: and they brought unto him all sick people that Were Taken With Divers Diseases And Torments, **and** those which Were Possessed With Devils, and those Which Were Lunatick, and those that had the palsy; and he healed them. Matt 4:24

When the even was come, they brought unto him many that Were Possessed With Devils: And He Cast Out The Spirits with his word, **and** Healed All That Were Sick: Matt 8:16

And they Cast Out Many Devils, **and** Anointed With Oil Many That Were Sick, and healed them. Mark 6:13

Clearly showing a distinction in healing sicknesses and casting out unclean spirits or devils!

Quote (Jodi @ July 09 2008,14:23)

Mt 17:18 And Jesus rebuked the demon, and it came out of him; and the child was cured from that very hour.

Mr 9:25When Jesus saw that the people came running together, He rebuked the unclean spirit, saying to it, “Deaf and dumb spirit, I command you, come out of him and enter him no more!”

Once again, WHO makes the dead, the dumb, the blind, the mute, the mad, the mentally confused. Does not scripture say the LORD does these things? He does so by the infliction of unclean spirits, which are by all means seen as evil spirits unto the people being affected by them, and are also therefore referred to as being demons, another word in the Greek meaning evil spirit.

Jodi you should compare all scripture with scripture. So you are saying that God made the ‘deaf, dumb, blind, and mute”? I agree. But you say…

He does so by the infliction of unclean spirits, which are by all means seen as evil spirits unto the people being affected by them, and are also therefore referred to as being demons, another word in the Greek meaning evil spirit.

The problem with your view is that  those that were deaf, dumb, blind and mute in the scriptures were deaf, dumb, blind and mute because they have “unclean spirits” or “devils’ not that they were “perceived” by the Hebrews as being the unclean spirits or demons. The reason this is so is, Yeshua commands the evil spirits to not return.

So if the deaf, dumb and blind is men who are evil spirits as you say, then how do you explain a little baby that is born deaf or dumb or blind? Is that little baby an unclean spirit or does it have an unclean spirit or demon? How do you explain these differences? So Exodus 4:11 is ambiguoous concerning those who had unclean spirits that made them deaf, dumb and blind.

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    More from Jesus
    Mt12
    22Then was brought unto him one possessed with a devil, blind, and dumb: and he healed him, insomuch that the blind and dumb both spake and saw.

23And all the people were amazed, and said, Is not this the son of David?

24But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.

25And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:

26And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?

27And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? therefore they shall be your judges.

28But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.

29Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 17 2008,13:25)

Quote (Jodi @ July 18 2008,08:06)

Hi Jodi,
    Did the ADVERSARY of Job have the power to inflict boils, to cause fire to come from heaven and to raise up the power of the wind? Job is scripture.

Hi Nick,

How do you identify him?

Yes, please do.

Jodi

Is man and Angels beings?

You say that “The adversary” is man or the evil nature of man. Is man a being?

How can you emphatically declare that satan in Job is not a being. He conversed with God and inflicted Job.

As NH says …”Did the ADVERSARY of Job have the power to inflict boils, to cause fire to come from heaven and to raise up the power of the wind?”

You just spiritualize it all away without any basis.

None of the Hebrew scholars and commentators read the text as you do!

Where is your credentials in reinterpreting the scriptures?

What authority do you have to change the translations?

Why don't you address some of our questions and points?

???

WJ, I thought I made it clear in my post, I am sorry if I didn't. I see the adversary in Job seeming to make the best sense so far, as representing one of God's messengers.

If we could get back to one of the points I made earlier, I would appreciate it. This was, the adversary in the book of Job is not against God or God's ways, he is respectful of God.

Regardless of who or what anyone thinks the adversary in the book of Job is, there is one thing for certain……….

There is nothing within the book of Job that would have us to believe that there is a hidden force of beings that takes over men and uses them as vessels or influences them to do evil for their sake. The book shows that it is man's heart that leads him to sin.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    The first two chapters of Job indicate there is indeed a Satan who meets and converses with a patient and courteous God in heaven. He says he travels to earth and seems to observe with God the behaviours of men of earth. He is allowed to test men under the authority of God. Such testing seems to show remarkable powers over what men call illnesses, accidents and bad luck.

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 17 2008,13:39)
    Jodi

Sicknesses, mental illnesses, infections and the like do not have a kingdom, nor does a single man or corporate man have a kingdom called the kingdom of darkness in which he rules. Nor does man know apart from a supernatural revelation from a demon or unclean spirits or the Holy Spirit that Yeshua is the Son of God.

And unclean spirits, when they saw him, fell down before him, and cried, saying, Thou art the Son of God. Mark 3:11

If these unclean spirits were simply the men as you claim, and not evil sprits in the men ,then they had the same revelation that Peter had in which Jesus said, “Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven”. Matt 16:17

So if these unclean spirits were men then they would be considered flesh and blood, which means that according to your view the Father revealed to men who you say are “unclean spirits” or “demons” that Yeshua was the Son of God.

Here it is again…

And he healed many that were sick of divers diseases, and cast out many devils; And “Suffered Not The Devils To Speak”, because they knew him.

Another thing to take note of in these passages and many others is that the writer makes a distinction between “healing the sick of various diseases” and “casting out devils”, again proving your point wrong that unclean spirits or devils is simply “mental illnesses” or “sicknesses”, or “infections” that make men go crazy!

And he ordained twelve, that they should be with him, and that he might send them forth to preach, And to have Power To Heal Sicknesses, **and** to Cast Out Devils: Mark 3:14, 15

And his fame went throughout all Syria: and they brought unto him all sick people that Were Taken With Divers Diseases And Torments, **and** those which Were Possessed With Devils, and those Which Were Lunatick, and those that had the palsy; and he healed them. Matt 4:24

When the even was come, they brought unto him many that Were Possessed With Devils: And He Cast Out The Spirits with his word, **and** Healed All That Were Sick: Matt 8:16

And they Cast Out Many Devils, **and** Anointed With Oil Many That Were Sick, and healed them. Mark 6:13

Clearly showing a distinction in healing sicknesses and casting out unclean spirits or devils!

Mt 17:18 And Jesus rebuked the demon, and it came out of him; and the child was cured from that very hour.

Mr 9:25When Jesus saw that the people came running together, He rebuked the unclean spirit, saying to it, “Deaf and dumb spirit, I command you, come out of him and enter him no more!”

Once again, WHO makes the dead, the dumb, the blind, the mute, the mad, the mentally confused. Does not scripture say the LORD does these things? He does so by the infliction of unclean spirits, which are by all means seen as evil spirits unto the people being affected by them, and are also therefore referred to as being demons, another word in the Greek meaning evil spirit.

Jodi you should compare all scripture with scripture. So you are saying that God made the ‘deaf, dumb, blind, and mute”? I agree. But you say…

He does so by the infliction of unclean spirits, which are by all means seen as evil spirits unto the people being affected by them, and are also therefore referred to as being demons, another word in the Greek meaning evil spirit.

The problem with your view is that those that were deaf, dumb, blind and mute in the scriptures were deaf, dumb, blind and mute because they have “unclean spirits” or “devils’ not that they were “perceived” by the Hebrews as being the unclean spirits or demons. The reason this is so is, Yeshua commands the evil spirits to not return.

So if the deaf, dumb and blind is men who are evil spirits as you say, then how do you explain a little baby that is born deaf or dumb or blind? Is that little baby an unclean spirit or does it have an unclean spirit or demon? How do you explain these differences? So Exodus 4:11 is ambiguoous concerning those who had unclean spirits that made them deaf, dumb and blind.

WJ

I have some other things that I need to take care of, but I will make this post my first priority when I get the chance to return later on.

Thanks WJ for your patience.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    Some confuse SATAN with satans
    and the DEVIL with devils

Matthew 17:18
    And Jesus rebuked the devil; and he departed out of him: and the child was cured from that very hour.

Matthew 25:41
    Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Mark 1:32
    And at even, when the sun did set, they brought unto him all that were diseased, and them that were possessed with devils.

No matter as the devils do the work of their master the Devil.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    If you cannot accept the teachings of the one who is Lord of all, on this matter, what is he to you?
    If we deny the teachings of the master are we not rejecting his lordship over us?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    Either Jesus is the truth and the Word is truth
    or we are all engaging in useless philosophy surely?

Quote (Jodi @ July 18 2008,08:59)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 17 2008,13:39)
    Jodi

If these unclean spirits were simply the men as you claim, and not evil sprits in the men ,then they had the same revelation that Peter had in which Jesus said, “Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven”.  Matt 16:17

Here it is again…

The problem with your view is that  those that were deaf, dumb, blind and mute in the scriptures were deaf, dumb, blind and mute because they have “unclean spirits” or “devils’ not that they were “perceived” by the Hebrews as being the unclean spirits or demons. The reason this is so is, Yeshua commands the evil spirits to not return.

WJ

I have some other things that I need to take care of, but I will make this post my first priority when I get the chance to return later on.

Thanks WJ for your patience.

Jodi

Ok thanks!

I will be out of town, but looking forward to reading your response when I return.

Blessings. WJ

PS Also would like to hear your response to LUs post.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

WJ…..the problem is your seeing (SPIRIT) as a (being) separate from the person. Spirit is not a being, Spirit is intellect or thought, and expresses itself through a body. These intellects have to come into a body in order to be able to be expressed . These intellect are received from the world and are in all human kind.

God explained how these clean and unclean spirits work through the Clean and unclean law, He used physical things to teach spiritual principles. He wanted Israel to realize they must learn to separate that which is clean from that which is unclean,. He used the concept to
    Eat (that which one takes to himself) Like food, to illustrate a spiritual truth, if you read or look at and listen to unclean things, it inters your mind and is unclean intellect and the more a person does that the worse they get until it can completely take them over ,these are those who have a unclean spirit in them, and Jesus was able through God power to eradicate those thoughts from a mans mind and this cleaned Him or healed him of the unclean spirit.

IMO………..gene

Viewing 20 posts - 641 through 660 (of 2,238 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account