Satan

Viewing 20 posts - 501 through 520 (of 2,238 total)
  • Author
    gollamudi
    Participant

Hi brother Gene,
    Thanks for your information on Sir Isaac Newton on devil and Satan. I will certainly go through that site and come back to you for further discussions. I know you are always kind to me in many ways.
    Thanks and peace to you
    Adam

Participant

Hi all

No demons!
    No devil!
    See Issac Newton
    See Thomas Jefferson Bible
    See Gospel of Thomas
    See “Q” documents
    Research (Witches) 1600's America – People died, they were wrong
    Research Institutionalizing of bible-Catholic, they got it wrong.
    The kingdom of God is within you! – Jesus's Philosophy-he got it right.:D

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 97,
    Are these new apostles with a new gospel?

Participant

Hi Nick

No, they are products of an inquiring mind.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 97,
    Such sources have been proven unreliable.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

(7407……I agree with you and Jodi and Newtons writings He was a brilliant Man as History attest to . I totally concur with His explanations of demons, devils, Satan, evil spirits. thsoe people at the time of Christ could not understand mental illnesses, so they ascribed the superstitions of there day to them. If they saw a men with Epilepsy they though he was demon possessed when in fact he just had a seizure problem. The whole concept of demon spirits and devils were introduced by pagan origins and were completely prohibited by God in the old testament and the Mose forbid the Israelites from believing in them and ordered people who deviled into spiritualisms to be killed. Its a form of Idolatry. Newto did a brillant job using scripture to explain it.

peace to you and your……..gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ July 14 2008,04:07)
    Hi brother Gene,
    Thanks for your information on Sir Isaac Newton on devil and Satan. I will certainly go through that site and come back to you for further discussions. I know you are always kind to me in many ways.
    Thanks and peace to you
    Adam

Adam….> you wont be disappointed, you will learn a lot believe me and you will acquire a great admiration of Newton and His brilliant works on theology.

Peace and love to you and yours……..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    We should always keep this in mind
    Lk16
    15And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To All ….>Jesus Christ who was approved by God (AND) MAN. Anyone who thinks that true Knowledge is (ONLY) disclosed in Scripture is foolish and ignorant concerning truth. The Spirit of truth shows us truth both in and out of scriptures, only fear mongers think there is no truth other then whats written in scripture. Knowledge (true Knowledge) has been greatly increased in our time. They are simply the fearful and the unbelieving, but you who do have true FAITH do not let the fear mongers control you minds, trust God and He will guide you into (ALL) truth and believe me it all won't be written only in scriptures. We are to grow in (GRACE)and KNOWLEDGE.

Love and peace to all who truly love truth and seek it continually……….gene

Jodi
    Participant

Amen Gene,

Even the simplest things of which God has given every man, has God revealed Himself to us and taught mankind in so many ways. Such as the structure of the family. One can indeed learn a lot about God, just by looking at the great intelligence, design, order and beauty of His creation.

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Nick,

So many of my questions, actually I think just about all of them, go unanswered by you.

There is one, I guess it's more like two, in particular that I would like you to answer.

What is your understanding to the punishment given to the serpent in the Garden, and what other scriptures do you use to draw that understanding from?

Thanks so much, I look forward to hearing your response.

Participant

Hi All

Truth can come from many sources.

Gods children know his voice.

Demons will not fool us.

IMHO

gollamudi
    Participant

Amen to that post.

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ July 13 2008,09:04)

Quote (Jodi @ July 14 2008,03:03)
    Hello brother Adam,

I don't know of any ancestors from India, I am pretty much a mutt of mainly white heritage, Scottish, French and German. My Grandfather on my mother's side has Rogue River Native American ancestry and my Grandfather on my Dad's side had some Cherokee ancestry too.

The Rogue River is located in Southern Oregon and has been one of my favorite places to be since I started camping down there at the age of 14. When I was 21 my friends bought some nice property and I spent 6 weeks getting paid to paint their house and all the out buildings. Let me tell you it was a tough job :), I think we spent as much time rafting and floating the river as we did painting!

Love to you, Jodi

Hi Jodi,
    Thanks for sharing your personal information. I misunderstood when you mentioned Indian ancestory in your earlier post. Even the name Jodi is similar to our Indian names. Nice memories of yours of Rogue River. Have nice time when you go there. I do enjoy your posts especially posts on conception of Jesus and denying the existence of real Satan. Still I am not convinced on denying real Satan and devil. May be I have to go through the sites that our brother Gene mentioned in his post. I only request you to come down to my level who only believed the existence of real devil and Satan so far and explain Satan and devil. I know you also might have believed their existence earlier. If you bring out the background how you understood this new concept of denying the existence of real Satan and devil may be helpful to me.
    Thanks and love to you
    Adam

Hi Brother Adam,

I am the person who is always asking why? Why did God have to do things this way and not another way, in regards to teaching mankind. I use to make up these little charts where I would have God and righteousness, man and sin, and then Satan as the concept of a fallen angel tempting us. The scriptures never seem to fit with the story I was told of the fallen angels, and the idea that an all knowing God would need to use a fallen angel for our progress into righteousness didn't seem right either.

A few years ago when I started my quest in search of truth, and had access to the computer, I began doing searches on different biblical topics. I would read different doctrines from different Christian churches and compare their understandings with the scriptures that they used. When I started a focus on the identity of Satan I came across the doctrine of the Christadelphians, who unlike any other church I found had a completely different understanding to the word satan.

Their doctrine brought my attention to the Young Literals translation of the bible, where you don't find the word Satan at all but only adversary. As well, the fact that the word angel simply meant messenger caught my interest as well and led me to do a word search using YLT on the word messenger. I found not one example of a jealous fallen messenger or messengers who interferes with what happens here on earth. The only messengers that deal with mankind in the bible are those who are following God's instruction. In my search I found that there were no scriptures that linked God's created messengers to that of the adversary against God or the devil/slanderer, we see in the bible.

I then went back to the other church doctrines and looked at what scriptures they used to show their understanding of the identity of Satan and the fall of angels. I found their use of scripture in great lack of proving their doctrine to be true. In all honesty, I felt like a fool for ever buying in to it. The evidence they use is in my opinion quite pathetic, it is a work of one poor translation or addition of ideas from scripture added to another.

After that I then went on to reread much of the New Testament under this new light, and boy did everything seem to make a heck of a lot more sense. More importantly I could actually apply the scriptures more to my own personal life.

I as well, felt like I had been freed. The fear that people have that there is some unknown force that can move us to do evil, and we don't know when or where it will strike is really quite horrible, and it indeed takes away from the truth as to what we should actually be fearing, and that is God's wrath on those who do evil and follow their own selfish indulgences.

I know a lot of people who are preoccupied with the power of some fallen angel, and how it affects them. They live in fear of this being and what he might do to them or might lead them to do. It is pure nonsense. We are to fear the Lord and His powers, because He hates ungodliness, and we continually act ungodly.

People like Nick and Irene make it sound as if the only true adversary to God is a fallen angel, and that we are just mindless puppets under his control, following his lead.

You said, “If you bring out the background how you understood this new concept of denying the existence of real Satan and devil may be helpful to me.”

My new concept as you called it Adam, does not deny the existence of a real Satan or a real devil. That would be like saying there is nothing in the world that opposes God. Scripture tells us that our very nature is in opposition to God. And no wonder our nature is in opposition to God, for He is the all knowing, all powerful, righteous eternal Father, and we are the ignorant dependent mortal of which He created. Our children go through a period where they are in opposition to us as well, they think that they know that which they don't, and they are certainly often stubborn to learning the truth.

I hope this has helped a little. I look forward to discussing this more with you.

Love to you, Jodi

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Jodi @ July 15 2008,03:56)
    Hi Nick,

So many of my questions, actually I think just about all of them, go unanswered by you.

There is one, I guess it's more like two, in particular that I would like you to answer.

What is your understanding to the punishment given to the serpent in the Garden, and what other scriptures do you use to draw that understanding from?

Hi Jodi,
    The serpent vessel was punished.

Gen3
    14And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

And so was the adversary within

Gen3
    15And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    So all men are together the opposers of God, working as one as the dominion of darkness to frustrate the plans of God??

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 14 2008,12:19)

Hi Nick,

Hi Jodi,

Gen3
    14And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

Gen3
    15And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

When you say the serpent vessel was punished. Are you saying that God punished the snakes ????

This does not fit, because snakes don't eat dust, they won't eat dust until Christ returns.

Isa 65:25 The wolf and the lamb will feed together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox, but dust will be the serpent's food. They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain,” says the Lord.

and whom do you believe the adversary within to be in the case of Genesis?

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 14 2008,12:39)
    Hi Jodi,
    So all men are together the opposers of God, working as one as the dominion of darkness to frustrate the plans of God??

When man follows his own ways, he is not following the ways of God. No one can frustrate the plans of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Jodi @ July 15 2008,08:51)

Hi Nick,

Hi Jodi,

Gen3

Gen3

When you say the serpent vessel was punished. Are you saying that God punished the snakes ????

This does not fit, because snakes don't eat dust, they won't eat dust until Christ returns.

Isa 65:25 The wolf and the lamb will feed together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox, but dust will be the serpent's food. They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain,” says the Lord.

Hi Jodi,
    The serpent will ever eat dust from Genesis.
    The Adversary was at work within the serpent vessel.

Just as the kingdom of the Adversary was even at work within Peter and entered the vessel of Judas to lead this deceived servant.

Luke 22:3
    Then Satan entered Judas, called Iscariot, one of the Twelve.

John 13:27
    As soon as Judas took the bread, Satan entered into him.

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 14 2008,14:16)

Quote (Jodi @ July 15 2008,08:51)

Hi Nick,

Hi Jodi,

Gen3

Gen3

Hi Jodi,
    The serpent will ever eat dust from Genesis.
    The Adversary was at work within the serpent vessel.

Just as the kingdom of the Adversary was even at work within Peter and entered the vessel of Judas to lead this deceived servant.

Luke 22:3
    Then Satan entered Judas, called Iscariot, one of the Twelve.

John 13:27
    As soon as Judas took the bread, Satan entered into him.

Nick,

Why can't the serpent be a symbol of something and not a vessel?

What scripture do you have that says the serpent acted as a vessel?

The punishment given to the serpent, was given to the serpent. There was no punishment given to a hidden being.

Scripture actually goes against your idea that we are vessels of which some fallen angel goes inside to 'frustrate God's plans.'

Your idea of vessel is falsehood in light of scripture.

Mark 7:18 20 He went on: “What comes out of a man is what makes him 'unclean.' 21 For from within, out of men's hearts, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, 22 greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. 23 All these evils come from inside and make a man 'unclean.'”

Can ideas that are against God's ways enter into our hearts and our minds?

A man cannot serve God and wealth.

Greed entered into Judas, which caused him to betray Jesus. Greed works off of our human nature and its ability to be selfish.

Viewing 20 posts - 501 through 520 (of 2,238 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account