Satan

Viewing 20 posts - 441 through 460 (of 2,238 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Jodi….Amen you nailed it!

love to you and yours, give the little ones a hug and kiss for me……….gene

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 08 2008,19:42)
    Jodi….Amen you nailed it!

love to you and yours, give the little ones a hug and kiss for me……….gene

Thanks Gene,

Will do, peace and love to you, Jodi

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Jodi @ July 09 2008,14:38)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 08 2008,19:27)
    Hi Jodi,
    We should not get confused.

There are satans and Satan.
    There are devils and The Devil.

So why give one fallen being two proper names, and where in scripture are we told the identity that the 'Satan' and the 'Devil'
    is a sinful fallen angel who was jealous of God?

Hi Jodi,
    Scripture gives him several.

REV20
    1And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

2And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

And of course there is the god of this world, the accuser of the brethren, the prince…

Ephesians 2:2
    in which you formerly walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience.

WHY?
    Who knows.
    Perhaps they idenfify his roles.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….thats symbolic language not literal there are no real dragons these are metaphor's and analogies, that God is going to put away evil influence from the earth for a time period.

I told you before, read the first chapter of Rev 1:1 and where it he signified it, look up the word signified and you will find it means he (symbolized) it. You have to know what these symbols mean before you can understand what it means.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    So if it is symbolic language the being that is spoken of does not exist??

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….there you go again drawing conclusions from things not said, you seem to really have a problem doing that. You do that to try make ridicules and invalidate whats said and is quit evil and disruptive in dialog. Symbolic does not mean it doesn't exist it mean it exist differently them the the literal language. For instance when it says in Revelations the sea gave up it dead, what is the sea there menationed , its the sea of humanity ,again i saw comming out of the sea a beast having horns, this is the rising of a power our of mankind. you see these are all symbols not literal at all.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    So the devil, Satan, who spoke with God in Job, is the same one in Revelation etc?

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi brother Nick,
    Both may be same because the one spoken in Revelation 12 is also called the Old Serpent, the devil and satan.

Rev 12:
    9 “The huge dragon, the ancient serpent, 9 who is called the Devil and Satan, who deceived the whole world, was thrown down to earth, and its angels were thrown down with it”.

Hi brother Gene,
    Is it also the symbolic language about the Old serpent or Satan?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Adam…..Yes it is , there is a lot of symbolism in scriptures and Geneses has many, for instance, the tree of good and evil, we know a literal tree does not produce good or evil, the word (ate) means they took it to themselves, the symbol of a tree ( that which produces from self) and there are Jesus used them many times and most of the whole book of Revelations is written in symbolic language that why hardly no understands it, you have thousand of scholars who do not know what its saying. symbolism is all over the scriptures.

peace brother………. gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    So we cannot say Satan does not exist using symbolism as an excuse.
    He is no mystery in Revelation or elsewhere in scripture.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….if you truly understood scripture you would know it full of symbolism. Again you just keep showing your ignorance and lack of spiritual development.

I don't think a novice should be a monitor, it only leads to more confusion.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    I am here because I believe in scripture.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..No, your here because you believe in the way (YOU) precieve scriptures. As the only truth lets be Honest. It has nothing to do with scriptures themselves.

I my opinion as well as others you are simple a novice, a person still on milk.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Despite the fact that you regard yourself as of superior knowledge to us
    how come you do not know of Satan?

Scripture speaks clearly of him.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..I know as much about Satan as you, I assure you< you can vision Him as a being if you want, i vision Satan as an adversary to God's word and that can be anyone, any where it can even be you.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    That is where you miss the point.
    Satan is written as the adversary .
    Choices seem to stop there for us.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…right i believe when Jesus called Peter Satan i believe Peter was acting as a Satan he was being an adversary to Jesus. Any one can be a Satan or a devil as far as that goes.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GO
    We know you think that.
    There are other explanations.

None of this removes the devil, Satan from the bible.
    You should not take away from the bible.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…….neither should you!.

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi brothers Nick and Gene,
    No more Satan business here, he is honoured more than he deserves. Please agree to disagree brother Nick. If you have any evidence please prove to our brother Gene otherwise we will not debate in mere insults.
    Thanks
    Adam

Viewing 20 posts - 441 through 460 (of 2,238 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account