Satan

Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 2,238 total)
  • Author
    Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ June 30 2008,10:22)
    Adam….> remember what a Spirit is , it's words that are expressions of thought and they do trouble people all of us at times. If you go to a movie and see a sad movie you become sad, why? because the sounds or words you heard filled you heart with sadness, Jesus said the words i am telling are Spirit and life . why are they spirit because they are expression of thought and why are they life, because the effect our lives.

Jesus had through God the ability to rid the mind of these Evil thoughts or Spirits, there are all kinds of them clean and unclean, peaceful and valiant, and so on, they all have there beginning in thoughts and are expressed in words.

There every where, these spirits are but thoughts expressed in words, thats why when Jesus cast them out of a person they were actually speak because they are expressed thoughts until they are cast out then they had no control of any thing, Spirits are the expression of though through words, both good and evil. Good and Evil words are every where we are constantly bombarded with both Good and evil
    words. Thats why Paul said think on whatsoever is Good, lovely, of a good report.Why because they are the spirits of good things.

Hope this helped Adam

Love and peace to you and yours brother…………….gene

Gene, I don't think that I could have said it better myself.

In one of my posts, I had a side note suggesting people should do a word search with their on line bible and read all scriptures using the word spirit from the Old Testament to the New.

I think all to often people hear the word 'spirit' and automatically visualize some sort of celestial creature.

The word 'spirit' represents a form of information that the mind and body processes. Whether the information is in the form of words, or a more complex code like a disease, the information is taken in and has an affect.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    So Jesus and the apostles spent much of their time casting out EVIL THOUGHTS – who spoke with them?
    Matthew 8:31
    The demons began to entreat Him, saying, “If You are going to cast us out, send us into the herd of swine.”

Mark 1:34
    And He healed many who were ill with various diseases, and cast out many demons; and He was not permitting the demons to speak, because they knew who He was.

Luke 11:26
    “Then it goes and takes along seven other spirits more evil than itself, and they go in and live there; and the last state of that man becomes worse than the first.”

Acts 19:15
    And the evil spirit answered and said to them, “I recognize Jesus, and I know about Paul, but who are you?”

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 01 2008,07:31)
    Hi GB,
    So Jesus and the apostles spent much of their time casting out EVIL THOUGHTS – who spoke with them?
    The demons began to entreat Him, saying, “If You are going to cast us out, send us into the herd of swine.”

And He healed many who were ill with various diseases, and cast out many demons; and He was not permitting the demons to speak, because they knew who He was.

“Then it goes and takes along seven other spirits more evil than itself, and they go in and live there; and the last state of that man becomes worse than the first.”

And the evil spirit answered and said to them, “I recognize Jesus, and I know about Paul, but who are you?”

NH

Quite true. Not only were the evil thoughts capable of entering swine, but also knew who Yeshua and Paul were.

:D

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    This is the purpose of the gospel.
    Acts 26

18To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 30 2008,14:10)
    Hi Jodi,
    This is the purpose of the gospel.
    Acts 26

18To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Hi Nick,

Thanks for once again helping me bring out scriptures to prove my point!

Matthew 6:22 “The lamp of the body is the eye. If therefore your eye is good, your whole body will be full of light. 23 But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in you is darkness, how great is that darkness! 24 “No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.

John 3:18He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19 And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20 For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed.

Romans 13:12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand. Therefore let us cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light. 13 Let us walk properly, as in the day, not in revelry and drunkenness, not in lewdness and lust, not in strife and envy. 14 But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts.

Ephesians 5:3 But fornication and all uncleanness or covetousness, let it not even be named among you, as is fitting for saints; 4 neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor coarse jesting, which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks. 5 For this you know, that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God. 6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience. 7 Therefore do not be partakers with them. 8 For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light 9 (for the fruit of the Spirit* is in all goodness, righteousness, and truth), 10 finding out what is acceptable to the Lord. 11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them.

Notice how the darkness that must be casted off are all those things that rise out of the weakness of man's flesh of which Jesus said in Mark 7, comes from WITHIN MAN.

Col 1:13 He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, 14 in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins. …………20 and by Him to reconcile all things to Himself, by Him, whether things on earth or things in heaven, having made peace through the blood of His cross. 21 And you, who once were alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now He has reconciled 22 in the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight–

Acts 26:16 But rise and stand on your feet; for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to make you a minister and a witness both of the things which you have seen and of the things which I will yet reveal to you. 17 I will deliver you from the Jewish people, as well as from the Gentiles, to whom I now send you, 18 to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.'

And we are told that satan the adversary is WHAT, according to Jesus? A Man who has in mind the things of men.

Mt 16:23 But He turned and said to Peter, “Get behind Me, Satan! You are an offense to Me, for you are not mindful of the things of God, but the things of men.”

And what does man have on his mind?

Ephesians 4:17 This I say, therefore, and testify in the Lord, that you should no longer walk as the rest of the Gentiles walk, in the futility of their mind, 18 having their understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God, because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart; 19 who, being past feeling, have given themselves over to lewdness, to work all uncleanness with greediness. 20 But you have not so learned Christ, 21 if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus: 22 that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts, 23 and be renewed in the spirit of your mind, 24 and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness.

The purpose of the Gospel, the purpose of the Good News in Jesus Christ our Saviour through our Almighty Creator, is that in him we may know that we have eternal life. If we set our minds on Christ's example and put away the deeds of the flesh we can no longer be slaves of sin but slaves unto righteousness. The power of death, which has brought us into darkness due to fear, no longer has strength to work evil in our members if we indeed set our minds not on the life of this world but on the one that YHWH has promised.

No where in the bible do we see a message that the Gospel was preached in order to turn people away from the dark boogy monster hiding under their bed or the invisible vampire hiding behind his cape ready to suck your blood and turn you into evil too.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    Has the god of this world blinded you so you cannot see him?
    2Cor4
    4In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

There is a kingdom of darkness.
    Is it leaderless?

Jodi

All you do is keep saying the same thing. You are not addressing the scriptures NH posted or the comment I make for those scriptures. You simply keep affirming your own interpretation of the scriptures which is totally a spin, while ignoring others.

Here it is again…

Hi GB,

NH

Quite true. Not only were the evil thoughts capable of entering swine, but also knew who Yeshua and Paul were.

:D

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Hi GB,

Nick….do you even Know what a spirit is. before i answer the rest of you quotes please given me a clear answer if you even Know, and then we will go on. O and by the your commit about thought might be more right then you think.

WJ….. same for you. If either of you don't know what a Spirit is then you shouldn't be commenting on it at all. And it appears neither of you do. Let narrow it to this then we will expand it to the scriptures you mentioned.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    We know what your ideas are, adapted from scripture.
    What does scripture say?

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 30 2008,15:41)
    Hi Jodi,
    Has the god of this world blinded you so you cannot see him?
    2Cor4
    4In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

There is a kingdom of darkness.
    Is it leaderless?

Nick do you realize that there is not one scripture that uses the term, 'kingdom of darkness'.

Why must you continue to ask questions that assert to your man made traditions?

Why don't you just admit that you have NO scriptural proof to your belief in a hidden dark kingdom ruled by sinful angels, just one lousy interpretation of scripture added to another.

There is not one scripture that would lead us to believe that the god of this world would represent anything other then the Old Man.

The god of darkness is the mind of man that follows his flesh over that of God's ways.

Maybe if you would read my posts more carefully you wouldn't have to ask such silly questions.

Honestly I think your problem is that you need to read the scriptures more, and when you read you need to read them for what they are actually saying.

Did you not read Matthew 6-

Here we see Mammon, or wealth or money, depending on what translation you use is called a Master whom man serves.
    Those who allow money to LEAD their lives are serving the Old Man.

Romans 16:18 For those who are such do not serve our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly, and by smooth words and flattering speech deceive the hearts of the simple.

Philippians 3:18 For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: 19 whose end is destruction, whose god is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame—who set their mind on earthly things.

The bible shows that the darkness in this world is LED by man who serves his OWN BELLY, rather then serving the ways of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    Sin dwells within us.
    Is there one god of the world or millions?

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Jodi @ June 27 2008,23:19)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 27 2008,22:51)

Quote (Jodi @ June 28 2008,15:00)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 27 2008,19:42)
    Hi GB,
    Peter was a vessel.
    Was Jesus speaking with the man from the Gaderenes or the spirits within him when he said GO?

Mt8
    28And when he was come to the other side into the country of the Gergesenes, there met him two possessed with devils, coming out of the tombs, exceeding fierce, so that no man might pass by that way.

29And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?

30And there was a good way off from them an herd of many swine feeding.

31So the devils besought him, saying, If thou cast us out, suffer us to go away into the herd of swine.

32And he said unto them, Go. And when they were come out, they went into the herd of swine: and, behold, the whole herd of swine ran violently down a steep place into the sea, and perished in the waters.

Jesus was talking to the infection when he said go,

just like he was talking to the infection here in the woman and healed her through the mere use of words.

Lu 4:39 and having stood over her, he rebuked the fever, and it left her, and presently, having risen, she was ministering to them.

Yeshua healed the men through the use of words. Yeshua transferred the infection (unclean or evil spirits) that were making the men crazy into the pigs, which inturn made the pigs crazy, so crazy they drowned themselves.

Jodi

Where is it written that it was a sickness or an infection.

This is a gross misinterpretation of the scriptures, and who is telling stories now?

And luke 4:39 doesnt mention demons or a devil either.

I dont have time at the moment but will respond to your huge post.

WJ

WJ,

You would have to go back and read my posts on demon possession to understand my position.

I don't feel like rehashing them at the moment. So if your really interested, go for it.

If demons were fallen angels, why would they want to enter the swine? Were the demons themselves crazy, or were they making the men crazy?

Briefly, my position on demons comes from the original form of the Greek word for demon, which is not defined as fallen angels who possess.That would be a concept developed by the RCC, originating in pagan tradition. The people in the NT who have demons, evil spirits/unclean spirits have symptoms, which are they are mad, blind, and mute. The OT tells us directly that God sends onto people madness, blindness and muteness. The OT even says that God sends down evil, evil messengers, and evil spirits upon man. So I really don't believe that I am GROSSLY misinterpreting scripture Sir. Demons not only represent in the Greek a basic term for an evil spirit, but also represent according to the bible false gods, which God inturn tells us that these demons have NO POWER, they cannot talk or walk. The only trouble that they can cause is the false doctrine the people make up to go along with these false gods, or the people who think they have become one of them or are a half breed child of one of them.

Why don't you answer this question WJ that I asked in this post?

Here it is, “If demons were fallen angels, why would they want to enter the swine? Were the demons themselves crazy, or were they making the men crazy?”

I have talked about this before, that is, what the mentally ill are capable of doing. I studied in college the mentally ill under three fields, psychology, sociology and special needs education. People with mental disorders have conditions from a broad spectrum, where some are very dumb while others are extremely intelligent in certain areas. Just because the 'evil spirits' are talking to Jesus and know who he is changes nothing in my view. In all honestly it fits in perfectly with my understanding of that which is capable within the mentally ill.

This is all very interesting to me.
    Pagans believed in the sort of things you guys believe of which is not substantiated in scripture. Sinful angels are not said to hold the same powers of YHWH, being able to inflict people with mental and physical infirmities.

Demons, Greek for daimon represent evil spirits, of which God can and does cast on people. The human brain is very complex and extraordinary to say the least if you have ever studied the biology of it. I am more inclined to follow what is said in scripture and apply it to the knowledge man has gained recently, over that of believing in pagan myths, which is what the early Christian 'fathers' did.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    Yes I have studied a lot in those humanistic fields too.
    You do have to decide whether the teachings of Jesus or the rationalisations of men are truth.

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 30 2008,17:58)
    Hi Jodi,
    Sin dwells within us.
    Is there one god of the world or millions?

Philippians 3:18 For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: 19 whose end is destruction, whose god is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame—who set their mind on earthly things.

Honestly Nick I am not going to waste my time answering this question.

Why don't you start answering a few of mine.

What is wrong with you? :O

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    So the GOD as man's belly means that there are millions of these.
    Thus they are not THE GOD OF THIS WORLD are they?

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 30 2008,18:39)
    Hi Jodi,
    Yes I have studied a lot in those humanistic fields too.
    You do have to decide whether the teachings of Jesus or the rationalisations of men are truth.

You have to decide whether the teachings of Yeshua are true, OR that of pagan traditions and the interpretations of the 'early Christian fathers,' that were ignorant and superstitious, are true.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi JOdi,
    How have Satan's minions destroyed the authenticity of the Word of God??

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 30 2008,19:11)
    Hi Jodi,
    So the GOD as man's belly means that there are millions of these.
    Thus they are not THE GOD OF THIS WORLD are they?

Nick,

Your amusing, a real piece of work is what you are!

Come now, do I have to spell out everything for you?

When scripture refers to the old man, is it literally referring to ONE OLD MAN?

Get a clue dude!

I am getting tired of playing this little game of yours.
    I most certainly have better things to do with my time.

The night is beautiful, I have one kid in the bath tub, the other's fast asleep in bed, my husband is changing spark plugs, and it's 75 degrees outside. I think I'll go jog a peaceful couple of miles, have a nice shower, a glass of wine and then maybe I'll check back in and see if your a man of substance or a man who just likes to bother people.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    So everyone one has an old man flesh.
    Not THE GOD of this world then

Matthew 4:10
    Then Jesus said to him, “Go, Satan! For it is written, ' YOU SHALL WORSHIP THE LORD YOUR GOD, AND SERVE HIM ONLY.'”
    Matthew 12:26
    “If Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself; how then will his kingdom stand?
    Mark 3:26
    “If Satan has risen up against himself and is divided, he cannot stand, but he is finished!
    Mark 4:15
    “These are the ones who are beside the road where the word is sown; and when they hear, immediately Satan comes and takes away the word which has been sown in them.
    Acts 26:18
    to open their eyes so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the dominion of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who have been sanctified by faith in Me.'

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (Jodi @ July 01 2008,13:29)

Quote (Jodi @ June 27 2008,23:19)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 27 2008,22:51)

Quote (Jodi @ June 28 2008,15:00)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 27 2008,19:42)
    Hi GB,
    Peter was a vessel.
    Was Jesus speaking with the man from the Gaderenes or the spirits within him when he said GO?

Mt8
    28And when he was come to the other side into the country of the Gergesenes, there met him two possessed with devils, coming out of the tombs, exceeding fierce, so that no man might pass by that way.

29And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?

30And there was a good way off from them an herd of many swine feeding.

31So the devils besought him, saying, If thou cast us out, suffer us to go away into the herd of swine.

32And he said unto them, Go. And when they were come out, they went into the herd of swine: and, behold, the whole herd of swine ran violently down a steep place into the sea, and perished in the waters.

Jesus was talking to the infection when he said go,

just like he was talking to the infection here in the woman and healed her through the mere use of words.

Lu 4:39 and having stood over her, he rebuked the fever, and it left her, and presently, having risen, she was ministering to them.

Yeshua healed the men through the use of words. Yeshua transferred the infection (unclean or evil spirits) that were making the men crazy into the pigs, which inturn made the pigs crazy, so crazy they drowned themselves.

Jodi

Where is it written that it was a sickness or an infection.

This is a gross misinterpretation of the scriptures, and who is telling stories now?

And luke 4:39 doesnt mention demons or a devil either.

I dont have time at the moment but will respond to your huge post.

WJ

WJ,

You would have to go back and read my posts on demon possession to understand my position.

I don't feel like rehashing them at the moment. So if your really interested, go for it.

If demons were fallen angels, why would they want to enter the swine? Were the demons themselves crazy, or were they making the men crazy?

Briefly, my position on demons comes from the original form of the Greek word for demon, which is not defined as fallen angels who possess.That would be a concept developed by the RCC, originating in pagan tradition. The people in the NT who have demons, evil spirits/unclean spirits have symptoms, which are they are mad, blind, and mute. The OT tells us directly that God sends onto people madness, blindness and muteness. The OT even says that God sends down evil, evil messengers, and evil spirits upon man. So I really don't believe that I am GROSSLY misinterpreting scripture Sir. Demons not only represent in the Greek a basic term for an evil spirit, but also represent according to the bible false gods, which God inturn tells us that these demons have NO POWER, they cannot talk or walk. The only trouble that they can cause is the false doctrine the people make up to go along with these false gods, or the people who think they have become one of them or are a half breed child of one of them.

Why don't you answer this question WJ that I asked in this post?

Here it is, “If demons were fallen angels, why would they want to enter the swine? Were the demons themselves crazy, or were they making the men crazy?”

I have talked about this before, that is, what the mentally ill are capable of doing. I studied in college the mentally ill under three fields, psychology, sociology and special needs education. People with mental disorders have conditions from a broad spectrum, where some are very dumb while others are extremely intelligent in certain areas. Just because the 'evil spirits' are talking to Jesus and know who he is changes nothing in my view. In all honestly it fits in perfectly with my understanding of that which is capable within the mentally ill.  

This is all very interesting to me.
    Pagans believed in the sort of things you guys believe of which is not substantiated in scripture. Sinful angels are not said to hold the same powers of YHWH, being able to inflict people with mental and physical infirmities.

Demons, Greek for daimon represent evil spirits, of which God can and does cast on people. The human brain is very complex and extraordinary to say the least if you have ever studied the biology of it. I am more inclined to follow what is said in scripture and apply it to the knowledge man has gained recently, over that of believing in pagan myths, which is what the early Christian 'fathers' did.

Paul talked about ''Philosophy”….what did he say?

Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 2,238 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account