Satan

Viewing 20 posts - 2,101 through 2,120 (of 2,238 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    So will we be damaged and cut too?
    Thanks but no thanks the new body is a must so I can inherit the kingdom.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    To fulfill scripture as shown in Acts 2 Jesus needed to be raised incorrupt.

Acts2
    31He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

32This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

That did not define his body as a heavenly incorrupible one.
    It has nothing to do with his return to heaven.

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 17 2009,19:14)
    Hi 94,

Nick, what the heck are you talking about?

Could you explain please, I am confused with your reasoning here.

Jodi
    Participant

Nick, God made us human beings, we are a glorious and magnificent creation, when we don't have sin.

Our hope is in a world where we are just like how we are except without pain, suffering or death. If we have a completely different reality where we don't taste, smell, touch, or hear, how will we even appreciate God's work. God is working in MAN, to make man righteous. He is not working in man to make man a completely different creature.

Jesus was raised a human being, and he sits at God's side as a human being. Jesus became an immortal man, a glorious and magnificent work of YHWH.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Jodi @ Jan. 18 2009,14:18)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 17 2009,19:14)
    Hi 94,

Nick, what the heck are you talking about?

Could you explain please, I am confused with your reasoning here.

Hi Jodi,
    Jn20
    24But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came.

25The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the LORD. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.

26And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.

27Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.

Lk24
    37But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.

38And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?

39Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

40And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.

41And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?

42And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.

43And he took it, and did eat before them.

Do you still think he inhabits that perishable and damaged body?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Jodi @ Jan. 18 2009,14:27)
    Nick, God made us human beings, we are a glorious and magnificent creation, when we don't have sin.

Our hope is in a world where we are just like how we are except without pain, suffering or death. If we have a completely different reality where we don't taste, smell, touch, or hear, how will we even appreciate God's work. God is working in MAN, to make man righteous. He is not working in man to make man a completely different creature.

Jesus was raised a human being, and he sits at God's side as a human being. Jesus became an immortal man, a glorious and magnificent work of YHWH.

Hi Jodi,
    We are puny but vain creation who would elevate himself to glory if he could. It is not about us.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 18 2009,14:17)
    Hi 94,
    To fulfill scripture as shown in Acts 2 Jesus needed to be raised incorrupt.

Acts2
    31He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

32This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

That did not define his body as a heavenly incorrupible one.
    It has nothing to do with his return to heaven.

Hi Nick:

Jesus did not sin, and therefore, his body did not see corruption. He was tempted every way that he could be tempted just as we are, yet without sin.

We overcome sin and death as we learn to apply his Word to our daily lives and by the blood which washes away our sins when we fall short.

As to whether or not we will die as martyrs, the future will hold the answer. Man has the power to kill the body, but he cannot kill the soul.

If we remain faithful, we also will be raised from the dead with an incorruptible body or be changed if we are alive when the Lord comes for the church.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi94,
    I am not sure of the connection between sinlessness and lack of corruption

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 17 2009,19:41)

Quote (Jodi @ Jan. 18 2009,14:27)

Hi Jodi,
    We are puny but vain creation who would elevate himself to glory if he could. It is not about us.

Nick, did you NOT read a word I just said, the glory is IN GOD with His creation of making a human being righteous.

Yes it is about us, it is about YHWH'S work in us, about His awesome creation of which we see IN Jesus, the first of the firstfruits, the first that God made as an example for ALL THE REST!

Don't take YHWH's glory away from Him.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 18 2009,14:50)
    Hi94,
    I am not sure of the connection between sinlessness and lack of corruption

Hi Nick:

If he had sinned, his body would have decayed and gone back to the dust.

Of our body which is also a flesh body just as his, the scripture states:

Rom 8:10 And if Christ [be] in you, the body [is] dead because of sin; but the Spirit [is] life because of righteousness.

Jodi
    Participant

Acts 2:24 whom God raised up, having loosed the pains of death, because it was not possible that He should be held by it. 25 For David says concerning Him: 'I foresaw the Lord always before my face, For He is at my right hand, that I may not be shaken. 26 Therefore my heart rejoiced, and my tongue was glad; Moreover my flesh also will rest in hope. 27 For You will not leave my soul in Hades, Nor will You allow Your Holy One to see corruption.

Jesus was flesh and blood as we are, he felt pain, suffering and he died, but because he was sinless, God could not hold him to the punishment of death, he had to be resurrected.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    No scriptural connection there.
    He was resurrected because God said he would be.

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 17 2009,20:52)
    Hi Jodi,

HUH?

How is there NO scriptural connection to the scripture where it is said, “whom God raised up, having loosed the pains of death, because it was not possible that He should be held by it.”

He was loosened BECAUSE HE WAS SINLESS NOT DESERVING OF DEATH.

Nick, you think that Jesus was just resurrected JUST because God said? NO, the very FACT that he was sinless is why he was resurrected!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    If that was so why is that not written?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Jodi @ Jan. 18 2009,16:29)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 17 2009,20:52)
    Hi Jodi,

HUH?

How is there NO scriptural connection to the scripture where it is said, “whom God raised up, having loosed the pains of death, because it was not possible that He should be held by it.”

He was loosened BECAUSE HE WAS SINLESS NOT DESERVING OF DEATH.

Nick, you think that Jesus was just resurrected JUST because God said? NO, the very FACT that he was sinless is why he was resurrected!

Jodi……….Your kicking a dead horse .

love and peace to you and yours……………..gene

PS……..Adam has written a book on the History of Jesus and has e-booked it to me, I am on chapter seven its very Good and very well put together so far, I think He is planning on publishing it in India, You would really like it i believe, if you ask him he probably would e-book it to you also. It might encourage you to go forward with you book.

love you all……………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

So GB,
    Does scripture somewhere prophesy that the one who does not sin will be raised from the dead? If it does not will you withdraw your contempt?

Tiffany
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 18 2009,15:52)
    Hi Jodi,

I might add that Jesus came to earth to die for us and be resurrected.
    John 17:5  Tells us that ” And now Father glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.
    He came to earth to save mankind.
    John !:14 In the beginning was the Word and the Word was God and was with God. And the Word became flesh and walked among us. He was the light of men. But the world did not know Him. But as many as did He gave the right to become children of God. I walk with God from this day on. His loving hands I depend upon.
    Jesus did so much for us, I wonder how many of us really realize that? I also think that debating scriptures is good in a way, but we also have to be careful not to offend another. In Love we should show our Brother is we think that they are going wrong. IMO
    With peace and Love Irene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    You may be confused by this line
    “Nor will You allow Your Holy One to see corruption. “

But holiness is not sinlessness.
    Neither is it goodness as only God is good.
    Man cannot make himself in anyway holy, even by sinlessness

Jesus is the Holy one of God because of his anointing with the Spirit of Holiness.

Romans 1:4
    And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

Vessels, places, book etc can all be holy if appointed as such by God

Exodus 3:5
    And he said, Draw not nigh hither: put off thy shoes from off thy feet, for the place whereon thou standest is holy ground.

Exodus 15:13
    Thou in thy mercy hast led forth the people which thou hast redeemed: thou hast guided them in thy strength unto thy holy habitation.

Exodus 16:23
    And he said unto them, This is that which the LORD hath said, To morrow is the rest of the holy sabbath unto the LORD: bake that which ye will bake to day, and seethe that ye will seethe; and that which remaineth over lay up for you to be kept until the morning.

Exodus 19:6
    And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

Exodus 28:2
    And thou shalt make holy garments for Aaron thy brother for glory and for beauty.

Exodus 28:38
    And it shall be upon Aaron's forehead, that Aaron may bear the iniquity of the holy things, which the children of Israel shall hallow in all their holy gifts; and it shall be always upon his forehead, that they may be accepted before the LORD.

Exodus 29:6
    And thou shalt put the mitre upon his head, and put the holy crown upon the mitre.

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 17 2009,21:32)
    Hi Jodi,
    If that was so why is that not written?

Nick, why was it possible that Jesus should not be held to the penalty of death as the scripture states?

Jesus was not held to the penalty of death because being fully righteous he was not deserving of death. This is why Jesus was resurrected.

It is NOT through a pre-existent being that God reconciled the world. Through ONE man sin entered the world and through another MAN, Jesus, sin and it's penalty of death was removed.

Jesus is the example that MAN can be made righteous through God's will and His Holy Spirit.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    Because by the raising of him from the dead proof was given to man that he WAS the holy one of God. That is the reason they were pricked in their hearts. They had just heard the proof that they had crucified the holy one of God and guilt and fear was crushing them

Acts3
    36Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

37Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

Do you have children.

Would you describe them as holy as scripture does by the choice of God?

1 Corinthians 7:14
    For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

Viewing 20 posts - 2,101 through 2,120 (of 2,238 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account