Satan

Viewing 20 posts - 1,981 through 2,000 (of 2,238 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    You say

“The good seed is the Word of God.”

Which is true in this context.
    Luke 8:11
    Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.

But then quote out of context.
    “Mat 13:37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;

Mat 13:38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked [one];

We should not mix them up.

Participant

Hi Nick:

If you are speaking of the following, Jesus was speaking of himself.

Mat 13:37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man

But yes, we need to make that clear. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To All……….the wicked (one) is EVIL It self. And did not Jesus say you (being) EVIL . Another you existing in an evil State. Those that offend (prevent) and have iniquities are Men not some Spook going around jumping in and out of people. The word SATAN simply means adversary. It is a adjective which describes the way a person is being at the time, like Peter was a Satan at one time. These are not separate beings , Satan, Devils, Demons, are all adjectives describing the state of a man who is committing evil.

The whole teaching and Doctrines about DEMONS, DEVILS, SATAN, as representing an actual supernatural being is a False teaching of the Apostate Church, it came from pagan ideology in the first place. And God told Israel not to teach these things, even with the penalty of death. Read and think about what Jodi wrote.

peace and love to all…………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Satan makes his dominion evil.
    The teaching of our Master is not of the apostate church.

david
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Jan. 11 2009,13:34)
    Hi David:

You ask:

Who is the enemy?
    Jesus is the sower, but who is the enemy that sowed the weeds?  He is called the devil or slanderer.  But who is this slanderer that could do this thing?

The good seed is the Word of God.  The weeds that are sown are by these:

Mat 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if [it were] possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Mar 4:15 And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts.

Mat 13:36 Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.

Mat 13:37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;

Mat 13:38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked [one];

Mat 13:39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

Mat 13:40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.

Mat 13:41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

Marty

94, my question is: Who is the enemy that sowed the weeds in the world?
    Quoting the same scripture to me doesn't answer that question. I know the scripture says the Devil (slanderer) sowed them in the world. Who is he?

david
    Participant

MATTHEW 13:37-42
    “In response he said: “The sower of the fine seed is the Son of man; the field is the world; as for the fine seed, these are the sons of the kingdom; but the weeds are the sons of the wicked one, and the enemy that sowed them is the Devil. The harvest is a conclusion of a system of things, and the reapers are angels. Therefore, just as the weeds are collected and burned with fire, so it will be in the conclusion of the system of things. The Son of man will send forth his angels, and they will collect out from his kingdom all things that cause stumbling and persons who are doing lawlessness, and they will pitch them into the fiery furnace. There is where [their] weeping and the gnashing of [their] teeth will be.”

Oversowing a person's field with weeds has actually been practiced. This doesn't happen by itself. Jesus said there was someone responsible. He was responsible for planting the fine seed. Someone else was responsible for the weeds.

Participant

Quote (david @ Jan. 12 2009,08:34)

Quote (942767 @ Jan. 11 2009,13:34)
    Hi David:

You ask:

Who is the enemy?
    Jesus is the sower, but who is the enemy that sowed the weeds?  He is called the devil or slanderer.  But who is this slanderer that could do this thing?

The good seed is the Word of God.  The weeds that are sown are by these:

Mat 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if [it were] possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Mar 4:15 And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts.

Mat 13:36 Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.

Mat 13:37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;

Mat 13:39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

Mat 13:40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.

Mat 13:41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

Marty

94, my question is: Who is the enemy that sowed the weeds in the world?
    Quoting the same scripture to me doesn't answer that question.  I know the scripture says the Devil (slanderer) sowed them in the world.  Who is he?

Hi David:

I don't know what is so difficult about this to understand. I have already showed you this, but to give it to you again, the following scripture gives the identity of Satan:

prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

The good seed is the Word of God. But then some one comes telling you that Muhammad is the culmination of the prophets, and you believe that lie, for example. This is the seed of the wicked one. False prophets that say that they are God's anointed and are ordained to preach his Word are another example. And false religions are others.

I hope this helps you to understand.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 12 2009,05:04)
    GB,
    Satan makes his dominion evil.
    The teaching of our Master is not of the apostate church.

Nick………Jesus did not suport Satan as a real being, Its your lack of understanding of what he was talking about and all you false learning from the Apostate Church that hindering you from understanding this. You need to get rif of those false teachings, of the apostate church.

peace to you……………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Really?
    So he did not see him falling from heaven?

Do you disagree with a lot of what he said?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……No i don't disagree with what Jesus said, i disagree with the way you perceive what he said . SATAN is NOT A BEING. The word is an (ADJECTIVE) that describes a Resistance to Something, as Peter was with Jesus, You know this. Stop and think about it Nick, go and reread what JODI SAID. Jesus saw Satan (the adversarial Nature in HIM) Fall FAST like lighting , when he overcame it in the wilderness. There is no real being Satan there is only ADVERSARIAL SPIRITS in Man. Man is who makes up SATAN and the DEVILS, not some Spook going around jumping in and out of People. Come out of the False teachings or DOCTRINES about DEMONS which has its origins in paganism and is nothing more then IDOLATRY.

lovwe and peace to you………………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    No you are deceived.
    Jb1
    6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan [7854]came also among them.

Number 7854
    Transliteration:
    satan {saw-tawn'}
    Word Origin:
    from 7853
    TWOT:
    2252a
    Part of Speech:
    noun masculine
    Usage in the KJV:
    Satan 19, adversary 7, withstand 1

Total: 27
    Definition:
    adversary, one who withstands
    adversary (in general – personal or national)
    superhuman adversary
    Satan (as noun pr)

MT4
    10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan[846]: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

Number 846
    Transliteration:
    autos {ow-tos'}
    Word Origin:
    from the particle au [perhaps akin to the base of 109 through the idea of a baffling wind] (backward)
    Part of Speech:
    pronoun
    Usage in the KJV:
    him 1947, them 1148, her 195, it 152, not tr. 36, misc 1676

Total: 5154
    Definition:
    himself, herself, themselves, itself
    he, she, it
    the same Wigram's frequency count is 4913 not 5117.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……..If you had the Spirit of GOD you would not need all these text definitions to try to prove you worldly Church point of views as most all these churches see it even as you do. It take the Spirit of GOD is really understand what Jesus is talking about. Worldly reasonings are not what give true understanding. Go and reread what JODI wrote maybe ask God to help you understand it.

peace and love………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

I see GB,
    We could do without the wisdom of the Word and strike out alone with our own ideas?

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    We should not listen to the serpent as Eve did .
    2cor3
    2 Corinthians 11:3
    But I am afraid that, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, your minds will be led astray from the simplicity and purity of devotion to Christ.

Jodi
    Participant

Luke 10:3 1 After these things the Lord appointed seventy others also,* and sent them two by two before His face into every city and place where He Himself was about to go. 2 Then He said to them, “The harvest truly is great, but the laborers are few; therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest. 3 Go your way; behold, I send you out as lambs among wolves. 4 Carry neither money bag, knapsack, nor sandals; and greet no one along the road. 5 But whatever house you enter, first say, 'Peace to this house.' 6 And if a son of peace is there, your peace will rest on it; if not, it will return to you. 7 And remain in the same house, eating and drinking such things as they give, for the laborer is worthy of his wages. Do not go from house to house. 8 Whatever city you enter, and they receive you, eat such things as are set before you. 9 And heal the sick there, and say to them, 'The kingdom of God has come near to you.' 10 But whatever city you enter, and they do not receive you, go out into its streets and say, 11 'The very dust of your city which clings to us we wipe off against you. Nevertheless know this, that the kingdom of God has come near you.' 12 But I say to you that it will be more tolerable in that Day for Sodom than for that city. 13 “Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the mighty works which were done in you had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago, sitting in sackcloth and ashes. 14 But it will be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the judgment than for you. 15 And you, Capernaum, who are exalted to heaven, will be brought down to Hades. 16 He who hears you hears Me, he who rejects you rejects Me, and he who rejects Me rejects Him who sent Me.”

17 Then the seventy returned with joy, saying, “Lord, even the demons are subject to us in Your name.” 18 And He said to them, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven.

WAS THE CITY CAPERNAUM LITERALLY EXALTED TO HEAVEN, AND THEN LITERALLY FELL FROM HEAVEN? NO.

The disciples went out as lambs amongst wolves. Why were the people referred to as wolves? Not because they were being influenced by supernatural beings, BUT BECAUSE they behaved like ANIMALS, like people following after their own nature.

Jude 1:10 Yet these men speak abusively against whatever they do not understand; and what things they do understand by instinct, like unreasoning animals–these are the very things that destroy them.

Jesus saw the adversary fall like lightening.

Isaiah 14:13 For you have said in your heart: 'I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God; I will also sit on the mount of the congregation On the farthest sides of the north; 14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds, I will be like the Most High.' 15 Yet you shall be brought down to Sheol, To the lowest depths of the Pit.

Scripture shows that MEN FALL from high places, from heaven, not supernatural beings. It is symbolic, not literal.

Luke 10 speaks of PEOPLE who are wolves, and they live in cities that FALL and become dust and ash because they would not turn and follow God.

Romans 13:11 And do this, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep; for now our salvation is nearer than when we first believed. 12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand. Therefore let us cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light. 13 Let us walk properly, as in the day, not in revelry and drunkenness, not in lewdness and lust, not in strife and envy. 14 But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts.

Darkness is not found in follow a celestial being, darkness is found in following our flesh.

Mt 7:15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.

Inwardly they are NOT possessed by supernatural beings, for as Jesus SAYS, nothing from outside a man can defile him, it comes from within.

Ephesians 4:17 This I say, therefore, and testify in the Lord, that you should no longer walk as the rest of the Gentiles walk, in the futility of their mind, 18 having their understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God, because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart; 19 who, being past feeling, have given themselves over to lewdness, to work all uncleanness with greediness. 20 But you have not so learned Christ, 21 if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus: 22 that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts, 23 and be renewed in the spirit of your mind, 24 and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness.

Romans 7:24 O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25 I thank God–through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.

Ro 16:18 For those who are such do not serve our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly, and by smooth words and flattering speech deceive the hearts of the simple.

Ro 6:6knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin.

Ro 6:16 Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one's slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness?

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,* who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. 5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. 8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

Those who walk according to the FLESH, not those who walk according to supernatural beings. Sin leads to death, to be carnally minded leads to death. Scripture NEVER states that to be like minded with supernatural beings is death. Scripture NEVER states that our lustful desires come from supernatural beings. To be carnally minded is to NOT be like minded with supernatural beings, BUT TO BE LIKE MINDED WITH CREATION, WITH BEASTS. Animals are ignorant to God, they do not have the brain capacity to understand God. We however do and we can separate ourselves from the carnal mind through letting God's Spirit guide us.

Our bodies are bodies of death and we are born children of wrath because our minds are drawn to serve our bodies BECAUSE we are like the rest of creation where we have natural instincts that push us to serve ourselves. Evil comes when man uses his higher intelligence to invent ways to serve his flesh, instead of using God's wisdom to overcome the flesh with it's lustful passions and desires.

david
    Participant

I'm curious what you make of 2 cor 4:4:

2 CORINTHIANS 4:4
    “among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through.”

Jesus also spoke of “the ruler of the world” who was clearly in opposition to him. I wonder who you think this is?
    JOHN 14:30
    “I shall not speak much with YOU anymore, for the ruler of the world is coming. And he has no hold on me,”

1 JOHN 3:8
    “He who carries on sin originates with the Devil, because the Devil has been sinning from [the] beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was made manifest, namely, to break up the works of the Devil.”

Or,

1 JOHN 3:8
    “He who carries on sin originates with the slanderer, because the slanderer has been sinning from [the] beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was made manifest, namely, to break up the works of the slanderer.”

To me, this seems like one person, who has been sinning from the beginning. What man existed in the beginning that still exists?

LUKE 10:18
    “At that he said to them: “I began to behold Satan already fallen like lightning from HEAVEN.”
    REVELATION 12:8-9
    “but it did not prevail, neither was a place found for them any longer in HEAVEN. So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him.”
    (If you take Revelation to be symoblic, what of Luke's account? Do both accounts not suggest that there is one who is an opposer and slanderer that was cast out of heaven…hence, a spirit creature, not a man.)

MATTHEW 25:41
    ““Then he will say, in turn, to those on his left, ‘Be on YOUR way from me, YOU who have been cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the Devil and his angels.”
    It seems there is one “slanderer” (devil) and he has messengers (angels.)

If this is a human, who is it?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi jodi,
    Yes flesh is of earth and the god of this earth and cannot be saved.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Jodi………Amen Sis , you nailed it again.

love and peace to you and yours Jodi……………………gene

meerkat
    Participant

Jodi ……… very good post!! Thanks.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Yes Satan has a lot of apologists.

But it is better to know your real enemy.
    The roaring lion still searches for whom he may devour.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,981 through 2,000 (of 2,238 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account