Satan was NOT the God of this age

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 452 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ Feb. 04 2012,20:18)
    Paul PROMISED the first generations saints that God would crush satan under THEIR feet.

Jack,

Paul is the one who said for us not to believe any talk about Jesus's second coming already happening.

Paul's words were for his generation AND ours. Jesus like Isaiah wasn't speaking only to his current generation when he said a child will be born – as if it HAD to be born in their lifetime.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 05 2012,13:23)

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ Feb. 04 2012,20:18)
    Paul PROMISED the first generations saints that God would crush satan under THEIR feet.

Jack,

Paul is the one who said for us not to believe any talk about Jesus's second coming already happening.

Paul's words were for his generation AND ours.  Jesus like Isaiah wasn't speaking only to his current generation when he said a child will be born – as if it HAD to be born in their lifetime.

That did NOT mean that Jesus would not ocme in THEIR generation. It meant only that he had not come yet.

Paul PROMISED the Thessalonians that Jesus would come and give them relief from their persecutions;

3 We ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters,[a] and rightly so, because your faith is growing more and more, and the love all of you have for one another is increasing. 4 Therefore, among God’s churches we boast about your perseverance and faith in all the persecutions and trials you are enduring.
    5 All this is evidence that God’s judgment is right, and as a result you will be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which you are suffering. 6 God is just: He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you 7 and give relief to you who are troubled, and to us as well. This will happen when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing fire with his powerful angels. 8 He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus.

This is right from the NIV which you have said is your “favorite” translation. It says that their relief would come “WHEN THE LORD JESUS IS REVEALED FROM HEAVEN IN BLAZING FIRE….”

This means that the Thessalonians would be ALIVE when Jesus returned.

ALL of the Revelation is fulfilled Mike! We are in the new earth. The Revelation begins by saying that that the visions would “SHORTLY come to pass” because the “time is NEAR.”

Again Paul PROMISED the first generation christians that satan would be crushed under THEIR feet SHORTLY (Rom. 16:20).

Your God breaks His promises. My God keeps His promises.

Jack

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ Feb. 05 2012,10:52)
    t8,

I have also indicated here that the two articles in John 20:28 are VOCATIVES addressed to Jesus Himself.

“And Thomas said to HIM (Jesus) “My Lord and my God.”

You totally avoided the fact that without 2 Corinthians 4:4 you have nothing in the new testament which says that satan is “hotheos.” Nada! Zilch! Zero!

So if you were an honest man yourself you would admit that in the context of 2 Corinthians 4:4 “hotheos” is God and NOT satan. Live up to your signature t8!

You reject my interpretation of 2 Corinthians 4:4 because it is not in your best interests. You could be honest and say, “Okay satan is not hotheos in 4:4 but this does not prove that Jesus is God?” You could still argue from John 10 where the Jews are called gods. But you NEED for Jesus to be even less than that. You NEED for Him to be a God “in the same sense as satan” and you know it.

Sorry Bub! But you don't have squat in the way of proof that satan is called “hotheos” in the new testament. Paul NEVER called satan “hotheos.”

So live up to your signature and admit it!

KJ

KJ, you are to be pitied.

You say that YHWH is the God of this world and that Jesus is God.

And yet, Jesus said that HIS Kingdom is NOT of this world. The same world that we are told not to love because if we do, the love of the Father is not in us.

You say that Jesus is the God of this world.
    Yet Jesus says that his Kingdom is not of this world.

Which option is right. I would place my bet any day with scripture over yourself. So your fight is not with me but Jesus.

And your defence when I call you out to be honest is to try and point the finger at me. Despite being wrong about the identity of the God of this world, it is weak to justify yourself by trying to say I am doing the thing that you do.

You have failed in both your points. Jesus Kingdom is NOT of this world and I do with great zeal try to live up to my signature.

You need a new strategy. Like other strategies you have used, this one failed as big as the others. Each time you do this it gets more embarrassing for you.

Back to the Drawing Board once again KJ, I think WJ is there at the moment, so you might as well join him.

JESUS KINGDOM IS NOT OF THIS WORLD. I believe this and it is not hard to understand. So repent of your false teaching KJ.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Jack,

We disagree on many things. But in this thread, you were trying to show that Satan wasn't called “ho theos” in 2 Cor 4:4.

He was called “ho theos” in 2 Kings 1 in the LXX version of the OT though.

So does your point really matter? Both Jesus and Satan are gods of whom Jehovah is the God of. They are only two of many gods in heaven and on earth. But there is only one “God of gods”, and that One is Jehovah – our God and Jesus' God.

carmel
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 06 2012,04:04)
    Jack,

We disagree on many things.  But in this thread, you were trying to show that Satan wasn't called “ho theos” in 2 Cor 4:4.

He was called “ho theos” in 2 Kings 1 in the LXX version of the OT though.  

So does your point really matter?  Both Jesus and Satan are gods of whom Jehovah is the God of.  They are only two of many gods in heaven and on earth.  But there is only one “God of gods”, and that One is Jehovah – our God and Jesus' God.

Both Jesus and Satan are gods of

Mike,

Since you are so sure of what you're saying!!!

What is the difference between Our Lord GOD Jesus Christ,and god of the world Satan????

peace and love in Jesus ( or do you prefer Satan)since you put Him in the same realm of Our Lord???

Charles

terraricca
    Participant

Charles

What is the difference between Our Lord GOD Jesus Christ,and god of the world Satan?

Christ serves his God and Satan serves him selves(in a nut shell)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (carmel @ Feb. 05 2012,13:35)
    Mike,

What is the difference between Our Lord GOD Jesus Christ,and god of the world Satan????

There are many, many differences between Satan and Jesus. But there are also many similarities. I'm quite sure that you are capable of listing the differences all by yourself, so I will list a similarity:

They are both gods who are not God Almighty.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ Feb. 05 2012,10:52)
    You NEED for Him to be a God “in the same sense as satan” and you know it.

Wrong dude.

I don't need Satan to be THE God of this age. I only acknowledge that he is because scripture says so. I am simply aligning with that which is written.

It is you who has an agenda and it is this agenda that warps your view to make you see that which is not true.

I have no agenda but to believe what is written. I do not apply an external doctrine to scripture like you, so I am not subject to warping things toward an external doctrine because I don't have one.

Proclaimer
    Participant

KJ challenges me by saying that 2 Corinthians 4:4 is the only scripture that says or alludes to Satan being the God of this age.

We have already given him other scriptures such as the ruler of this world being cast out, price of the air, do not love the world, or Satan offering high positions in the world to Jesus if he would bow down and worship him. But here is another that he cannot manipulate at all because it is straight to the point and clear for all to understand.

Jesus said, “My kingdom is not of this world.
    KJ says, that Jesus is the God of this world.

So who shall we believe.
    A crazy Kangaroo who jumps from one view to another so longs as it backs up his false doctrine, or shall we believe Jesus Christ.

Don't know about you, but I am with Jesus Christ. Who else?

journey42
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 06 2012,08:40)
    KJ challenges me by saying that 2 Corinthians 4:4 is the only scripture that says or alludes to Satan being the God of this age.

We have already given him other scriptures such as the ruler of this world being cast out, price of the air, do not love the world, or Satan offering high positions in the world to Jesus if he would bow down and worship him. But here is another that he cannot manipulate at all because it is straight to the point and clear for all to understand.

Jesus said, “My kingdom is not of this world.
    KJ says, that Jesus is the God of this world.

So who shall we believe.
    A crazy Kangaroo who jumps from one view to another so longs as it backs up his false doctrine, or shall we believe Jesus Christ.

Don't know about you, but I am with Jesus Christ. Who else?

Hi T8

KJ is all muddled up.
    I don't know where he gets that strange idea from?

I would call him caught out
    and he has no case

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 05 2012,09:59)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Feb. 04 2012,13:06)
    T8……………It is amazing to me why you can't believe what GOD out of His own Mouth has Said , Satan is NO GOD, there is No “TRUE” GOD except the LORD GOD ALMIGHTY, If you don't  believe GOD'S own Words I posted to you  then Believe Jesus Who s said “CLEARLY” “thou art the “ONLY” true GOD. Tell us T8 what part of “ONLY” don't you understand ? And don't give me this put my will to death stuff , becasue that is exactly what you and your Co-harts need to do. I not changing What GOD the FATHER and Jesus Said Here you are. If i have misquoted them PROVE IT.  If GOD the FATHER tells me there is NO GOD BESIDE HIM and Jesus say He is the “ONLY TRUE GOD” I just chose to believe it even if you and your Co-hart don't believe GOD or Jesus and what they said.

peace and love…………………………………………………….gene

Gene.

Satan is not the God of any truth, but the God of a wicked world. He is not THE true God.

He is the God of this world. Being the God of this world does not qualify that God as the TRUE God.

Try again Gene.

T8………….Here is something for you to chew on.

Amos 3:6……> Shall a trumpet be blown in the city and the people not be afraid? shall there be “EVIL” in a city, and the LORD has not done it?

Isa 45:7…..> I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace , and create “EVIL”: I the LORD do all these things

Jer 6:19…..> Hear O earth: behold, I will bring “EVIL” upon this people, even the fruit of their thoughts becasue they have not hearken unto my words, nor to my law, but rejected it.

Jer 32:42….> For thus saith the LORD; Like as I have brought “ALL” this great “EVIL” upon this people, so will I bring upon them “ALL” the Good that i have promised them.

T8………..There approx fifty or so scriptures that say GOD is the one who Brings EVIL and also Good. Scriptures say the is 'BOTH GOOD AND SEVERITY WITH GOD”,

God also blinds People as Paul said he did Israel in his day. But God can also remove the blindness , Not tell us can your GOD Satan do that of himself , then he would indeed be a GOD>

God Said over and over in scripture that HE ALONE WAS GOD AND SAID HE LOOKED FOR ANOTHER GOD AND THERE WAS NON. But you say there is another GOD to you. Well I tell you there is no other GOD but ONE. Who creates Both good and evil and is the ONLY TRUE GOD. If Satan was a GOD of this World then He could do what ever He please to do to anyone he want to, and if such a thing exists then i would also say there is another God , bit that simply is not true your Satan GOD, can do nothing of (IT) self. (IT) is only a tool used by the hand of The ONLY GOD to teach what Evil (IS) and cause us to Hate the evil and love the Good. Why because the Knowledge of Evil teaches what Good is and Good teaches us what evil is. They both are needed to gives us understanding and learn to see the difference so GOD has allowed us to experience both in this life. T8 there is NO devil or Satan (BEING) as you think, there is only an adversarial Evil Spirit that works in the childern of disobedience. But as far as a GOD goes there is ONLY ONE GOD according to his own words. IMO

peace and love………………………………………….gene

KangarooJack
    Participant

TO ALL,

I thank God that others are coming to see that satan is no God. Below is an excerpt by a poster from another forum. I agree with the poster whole heartedly except for his placement the phrase “of this age.”

I have found some ancient Greek scholars who said that the phrase “of this age” is amphibolous and belongs with “unbelievers.” This agrees with Paul's preceding statement about those whose minds were blinded in Moses' day.

Illustration:

Moses blinded the minds of the unbelievers of that time.

God has blinded the minds of the unbelievers of this age

Except for the posters placement of the phrase “of this age” I fully agree with him that it is God ALONE blinded the minds of men

The “God of this world” in 2 Cor 4:4 is God Almighty.  He is the one who blinds the unbelievers:

(2 Cor 4:4 KJV)  In whom the [God] god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

John 12:37  But though he had done so many miracles before them, yet they believed not on him:
    38  That the saying of Esaias the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake, Lord [YHWH], who hath believed our report? and to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed?
    39  Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again,
    40  He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

http://worldwidechurchofgodalumniforum.yuku.com/topic/4585

It is refreshing that others are coming to see this truth!

May God deliver t8 and his lil pup too.

KJ

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Feb. 07 2012,07:20)

T8……………It is amazing to me why you can't believe what GOD out of His own Mouth has Said , Satan is NO GOD, there is No “TRUE” GOD except the LORD GOD ALMIGHTY, If you don't  believe GOD'S own Words I posted to you  then Believe Jesus Who s said “CLEARLY” “thou art the “ONLY” true GOD. Tell us T8 what part of “ONLY” don't you understand ? And don't give me this put my will to death stuff , becasue that is exactly what you and your Co-harts need to do. I not changing What GOD the FATHER and Jesus Said Here you are. If i have misquoted them PROVE IT.  If GOD the FATHER tells me there is NO GOD BESIDE HIM and Jesus say He is the “ONLY TRUE GOD” I just chose to believe it even if you and your Co-hart don't believe GOD or Jesus and what they said.

Gene.

Satan is not the God of any truth, but the God of a wicked world. He is not THE true God.

He is the God of this world. Being the God of this world does not qualify that God as the TRUE God.

Try again Gene.

Amos 3:6……> Shall a trumpet be blown in the city and the people not be afraid? shall there be “EVIL” in a city, and the LORD has not done it?

Isa 45:7…..> I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace , and create “EVIL”: I the LORD do all these things

Jer 6:19…..> Hear O earth: behold, I will bring “EVIL” upon this people, even the fruit of their thoughts becasue they have not hearken unto my words, nor to my law, but rejected it.

Jer 32:42….> For thus saith the LORD; Like as I have brought “ALL” this great “EVIL” upon this people, so will I bring upon them “ALL” the Good that i have promised them.

T8………..There approx fifty or so scriptures that say GOD is the one who Brings EVIL and also Good.  Scriptures say the is 'BOTH GOOD AND SEVERITY WITH GOD”,

God also blinds People as Paul said he did Israel in his day. But God can also remove the blindness , Not tell us can your GOD Satan do that of himself , then he would indeed be a GOD>

God Said over and over in scripture that HE ALONE WAS GOD AND SAID HE LOOKED FOR ANOTHER GOD AND THERE WAS NON. But you say there is another GOD to you. Well I tell you there is no other GOD but ONE.  Who creates Both good and evil and is the ONLY TRUE GOD. If Satan was a GOD of this World then He could do what ever He please to do to anyone he want to, and if such a thing exists then i would also say there is another God , bit that simply is not true your Satan GOD, can do nothing of (IT) self. (IT) is only a tool used by the hand of The ONLY GOD to teach what Evil (IS) and cause us to Hate the evil and love the Good. Why because the Knowledge of Evil teaches what  Good is and Good teaches us what evil is. They both are needed to gives us understanding and learn to see the difference so GOD has allowed us to experience both in this life.  T8 there is NO devil or Satan (BEING) as you think, there is only an adversarial Evil Spirit that works in the childern of disobedience. But as far as a GOD goes there is ONLY ONE GOD according to his own words. IMO

gene

:D :D :D
    Am 3:6 When a trumpet sounds in a city,
    do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city,
    has not the LORD caused it?

Isa 45:7 I form the light and create darkness,
    I bring prosperity and create disaster;
    I, the LORD, do all these things.

Jer 6:19 Hear, O earth:
    I am bringing disaster on this people,
    the fruit of their schemes,
    because they have not listened to my words
    and have rejected my law.

Jer 32:42 “This is what the LORD says: As I have brought all this great calamity on this people, so I will give them all the prosperity I have promised them

you are a deceiver now ,???

Pierre

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ Feb. 07 2012,02:49)
    TO ALL,

I thank God that others are coming to see that satan is no God. Below is an excerpt by a poster from another forum. I agree with the poster whole heartedly except for his placement the phrase “of this age.”

I have found some ancient Greek scholars who said that the phrase “of this age” is amphibolous and belongs with “unbelievers.” This agrees with Paul's preceding statement about those whose minds were blinded in Moses' day.

Illustration:

Except for the posters placement of the phrase “of this age” I fully agree with him that it is God ALONE blinded the minds of men

The “God of this world” in 2 Cor 4:4 is God Almighty.  He is the one who blinds the unbelievers:

(2 Cor 4:4 KJV)  In whom the [God] god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

John 12:37  But though he had done so many miracles before them, yet they believed not on him:
    38  That the saying of Esaias the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake, Lord [YHWH], who hath believed our report? and to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed?
    40  He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

KJ

Here is another site.

http://www.purelybiblical.com/ftp/G/God_of_this_world.pdf

KJ

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ Feb. 07 2012,09:49)
    TO ALL,

Illustration:

KJ

KOOJ

not only you make scriptures your opinion and so deceive the ones who read it, you also leave your trace location for the weak to fall ,

so you become a wind MILL of words ,not good of the devil,not of GOD or Christ,

Pierre

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Feb. 07 2012,00:20)

Gene.

Try again Gene.

T8………..There approx fifty or so scriptures that say GOD is the one who Brings EVIL and also Good.  Scriptures say the is 'BOTH GOOD AND SEVERITY WITH GOD”,

God Said over and over in scripture that HE ALONE WAS GOD AND SAID HE LOOKED FOR ANOTHER GOD AND THERE WAS NON. But you say there is another GOD to you. Well I tell you there is no other GOD but ONE.  Who creates Both good and evil and is the ONLY TRUE GOD. If Satan was a GOD of this World then He could do what ever He please to do to anyone he want to, and if such a thing exists then i would also say there is another God , bit that simply is not true your Satan GOD, can do nothing of (IT) self. (IT) is only a tool used by the hand of The ONLY GOD to teach what Evil (IS) and cause us to Hate the evil and love the Good. Why because the Knowledge of Evil teaches what  Good is and Good teaches us what evil is. They both are needed to gives us understanding and learn to see the difference so GOD has allowed us to experience both in this life.  T8 there is NO devil or Satan (BEING) as you think, there is only an adversarial Evil Spirit that works in the childern of disobedience. But as far as a GOD goes there is ONLY ONE GOD according to his own words. IMO

Gene,

Good post man! See my posts above and check out the links I gave. People are coming to see that t8's and Mike's God is really no God and the YHWH is the God who blinds.

KJ

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 07 2012,03:03)

TO ALL,

Illustration:

KJ

KOOJ

not only you make scriptures your opinion and so deceive the ones who read it, you also leave your trace location for the weak to fall ,

Pierre

Put a sock in it Pierre!

carmel
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 06 2012,07:16)

Quote (carmel @ Feb. 05 2012,13:35)
    Mike,

There are many, many differences between Satan and Jesus.  But there are also many similarities.  I'm quite sure that you are capable of listing the differences all by yourself, so I will list a similarity:

They are both gods who are not God Almighty.

]They are both gods who are not God Almighty.  

Mike,

I TELL YOU WHAT THE DIFFERENCES ARE BETWEEN SATAN AND OUR LORD GOD JESUS CHRIST!

FIRST AND FORMOST IS THIS PIECE OF SCRIPTURE WHICH SAYS IT ALL,

COLOSSIANS 1:17And he is before all things, and by him all things consist

AND ALSO, YOU MUST CHEW WELL TO DISCERN ALL ITS MEANING,IN ORDER TO QUIT COMPARING JESUS WITH SATAN.

JOHN14:30 for the prince of this world cometh, AND HAS NOTHING IN ME.

SECOND:

Satan is god of the world.

THIS SIGNIFIES THAT SINCE THE WORLD IS CREATED AND HAS AN END, ITS GOD,SATAN WAS ALSO CREATED AND, WILL ALSO END EVENTUALLY TO BE PROCESSED IN ORDER TO RETURN TO THE FATHER THROUGH A COMPLETE DIFFERENT SYSTEM.

And there came down fire from God out of heaven, and devoured them; and the devil, who seduced them, was cast into the pool of fire and brimstone, where both the beast 10 And the false prophet shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

ALL WOULD BECOME A BALL OF FIRE.

WOULD THIS THING HAPPEN TO JESUS????

2PETER 3:12Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

IS IT RIGHT THEN TO BLASPHEME THAT BOTH JESUS AND SATAN ARE GODS???

IS IT RIGHT TO PUT JESUS IN THE SAME LEVEL OF SATAN???

DO YOU KNOW THAT SATAN IS STILL HOPING TO BECOME A MAN YET, IN ORDER TO BE LIKE JESUS???

NEVER MIND A GOD LIKE HIM!!

NOW:

Your mentality of God Almighty is in error!!

You are still considering that God Almighty is not glorified!!!

God Almighty is glorified in the mystical body of Jesus.

God Almighty is not a spirit being only anymore.

God Almighty is unified in one Mystical body of Jesus.

God Almighty and Jesus are one Mystical Body for eternity,APART BEING ONE SPIRIT IN THEMSELVES.

John 10:30I and my Father are one.

now reflect on this, Jesus, didn't say my Father, but said THE FATHER.

John 16:25……..when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father.

Jesus is in Command till all created creatures no matter what,and this includes Satan as well,  return to the Father.

When this process is fulfilled,Jesus would have recovered all His spirit within all the creatures since all in Him, all by Him,and ALL FOR HIM.

ALL THE CREATURES WOULD FORM THE BODY OF GOD ALMIGHTY IN

JESUS' VERSATILE SPIRITS, SOULS, AND BODIES.

THEN THE FATHER WOULD BE ALL IN ALL FOR ETERNITY

WHAT A DIFFERENCE,

WOULD YOU DARE COMPARE SATAN WITH JESUS ANYMORE???

YOU EVIL CREATURE LIKE ME

NOW REFLECT IN DEPTH

1 CORINTHIANS 11:3But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of CHRIST IS GOD.

1CORINTHIANS 6: …………..Now the body is not for fornication, BUT FOR THE LORD,AND THE LORD FOR THE BODY.

John 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

PEACE AND LOVE IN JESUS

CHARLES

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ Feb. 07 2012,10:18)

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 07 2012,03:03)

TO ALL,

Illustration:

KJ

KOOJ

Pierre

Put a sock in it Pierre!

JKOO

it is people like you that killed Jesus,because it was to much to bear the truth of him,

Pierre

KangarooJack
    Participant

Pierre said:

JKOO

it is people like you that killed Jesus,because it was to much to bear the truth of him,

Pierre

Pierre,

You defend satan not me.

KJ

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 452 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account