Preexistence

• This topic has 19,164 replies, 120 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Nick.
Viewing 20 posts - 17,561 through 17,580 (of 19,165 total)
  • Author
    Danny Dabbs
    Participant

Hi NH,

“No one who denies the Son has the Father. Whoever confesses the Son has the Father also.” 1 John 2:23

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Danny,

Indeed recognise the Son and do not confuse him with His Father.

Fellowship with the Father and the Son in the one Spirit

1jn1

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

Hi NH,

That’s a typical straw man. I never said that the Son is the Father.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick and Danny,

Sorry, but I am not seeing a disagreement between you two as I hear the same message from both of you. Why are you writing as if you disagree?

If someone does not acknowledge that Jesus is the one appointed King of all by God before the world began and that there is but there is but one true God then that one is in darkness.

Note: Because there are those that seem to have understanding context I will point out that I do not believe Jesus preexisted his becoming a new human being in his mother’s womb so I am neither implying nor inferring he was present with God before the world began.

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

Kerwin,

No, we disagree. He denies that the Son of God is the “true God and eternal life”. 1 John 5:20

“No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also.” 1 John 2:23

kerwin
    Participant

Danny Dabbs,

I read it in the AV of the KJV and it sounds like random sentences. It has at pronoun’s in it and the translators seem to have forgotten Koine Greek Grammar and English are different so I am wondering what “That” is.

1 John 5:19-20Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

19 And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness. 20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

Who is him in verse 20 c and d?

By English grammar it could either be Jesus or God.

The context leads me to believe him is God.

“him that is true” is the true God so it follows that this is “him that is true”

It might have been fine English grammar in the 17th Century but not now.

Never the less, both verses are need to understand it correctly as it gives us more of the context. The confusion over who this is is certainly understandable.

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

Hi Kerwin,

The complete context is important.

The eternal life wich was WITH the Father is Jesus Christ. (1 John 1:2) He is the true God and eternal life. Father AND Son….2 John 9….That’s clear.

kerwin
    Participant

Danny,

1 John 1:1-2Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life; 2 (for the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)

This is an issue of interpretation. One person will interpret it one way and another person will interpret it differently.

John and his group have seen, heard, and handled the gospel, which is the word of life. The life that is in the word was revealed and was seen by the group and they witness of the eternal life that was with the Father and was revealed to them.

In no manner does the passage directly speak of Jesus Christ, the Son of the Living God. Indirectly he is heavily involved as without him the word of that comes out of God’s mouth, and the life of men within, would have not come down from heaven.

kerwin
    Participant

Danny Dabbs,

The eternal life which was WITH the Father is Jesus Christ.

Matthew 4:4Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

The word that comes out of God’ mouth has the life of humanity in it.

The statement the word became flesh means that the word that come out of God’s mouth took on the qualities of flesh, aka humanity.

kerwin
    Participant

Danny Dabbs,

2 John 9Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

These words are true.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Danny Dabbs. ….let me paraphrase 2John 9…. whosoever trangresses and abides not in the teachings ofthe CHRISTO’S anointing spirit of God, hasnotGod, he that abides in the CHRISTO’S anointing spirit of GOD, HAS BOTH THE FATHER AND THE SON.

MANY TRIP UP OVER THE WORD CHRIST, THINKING IT IS ABOUT JESUS, WHEN IN FACT IT IS ABOUT THE ANOINTING SPIRIT OF GOD, which was in Jesus and in others, some even here.

peace and love to you and yours. ……gene

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

“does not have God”…….”has both the Father and the Son”…….2 John 9

kerwin
    Participant

Danny Dabbs,

I am not seeing your point.

What the passage teaches me is those who do not believe the word of God that is in the gospel do not believe the word of God.

It is about those who cherry pick the word of God.

In this particular matter it is probably addressed to those whom put to much emphasis on the symbols of things to come that were written in the Law and not enough on the righteous of the Law that is accomplished by walking by the Spirit. Paul addressed the same group.

Proclaimer
    Participant

He denies that the Son of God is the “true God and eternal life”. 1 John 5:20

@DannyD

Supporting the Trinity Doctrine – The Trinity Doctrine

Can you disprove the conclusion written here?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Danny,

The Word was with God in the beginning.

Christ proceeded forth and came from God.

Speaking of the Spirit of course and not the flesh.

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

Hi T8,

I reject the dotrine of the Trinity because it denies that Jesus is the literal only BEGOTTEN Son of God.

Here’s my new understanding:

I agree Jesus was begotten by God before the Universe was made and that’s why I believe He is God. For Example I am human, so my son is human. God the Father is God, so Jesus His Son is also God. The Father is the true God because all life comes from Him. Jesus is the true God because He is the ONLY BEGOTTEN Son. Why? Since He is the only-begotten Son of God, He is of the very substance and nature of God and possesses by birth all the attributes of God.

What do you think?

Peace to you!

Danny

kerwin
    Participant

Danny Dabbs,

Example I am human, so my son is human.

This premise is true but your reasoning is not valid since the words “Son” and “Father” have various meanings based on the context. Your reasoning assumes that Jesus is God’s son as of the body.

In reality a non-human could be the son or father of a human if they have the same spirit. Jesus and God both have the same Spirit and Jesus received his instance of the Spirit from God. God has not body so it is impossible for Jesus to be the son of him, as of the body.

Note: The tradition of capitalizing the words “son”, “father” or even “spirit” in English seem to related to their importance.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Admin.
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Danny,

Are you confusing the Spirit of Christ with the man Jesus of Nazareth?

It is a common mistake

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Danny,

Christ proceeded forth and came from God.

Speaking of the Spirit of course and not the flesh.

Yes Nick,

“The spirit of Christ” came forth from God out of eternity to Bethlehem, not to Jordan.

Out of thee Bethlehem shall he come forth whose goings forth have been from everlasting (Micah 5:2)

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Danny Dabbs. ….NICK is right the man JESUS, IS NOT HIMSELF THE CHRISTO’S, HE IS THE MAN THAT HAS THE CHRISTO’S OR ANOINTING SPIRIT IN HIM.

NEARLY ALL CHRISTENDOM CONFUSES THIS TRUTH, and it completely alters THE “IMAGE” of who “MAN” JESUS WAS AND IS. THE WORD CHRIST SIMPLY MEANS, “ANOINTED ONE” SAME WITH THE WORD MESSIAH.

Jesus is not and never was a God of anykind, he “Never” preexisted his berth on this earth either. Abandon all those false teachings of “mystery religion” and join in the truth. Those who preach false religion are many and very few have, the truth of God “in” them. Wide is the way that leads to destruction, narrow is the way that leads to life and “few” there be that find it brother.

peace and love to you and yours. …….gene

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Admin.
Viewing 20 posts - 17,561 through 17,580 (of 19,165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account