Preexistence

• This topic has 19,164 replies, 120 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Nick.
Viewing 20 posts - 16,321 through 16,340 (of 19,165 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Terrarica,

Peter evangelized by teaching the people at Pentecost that Jesus was a human being. (Acts 2:22-23)

terraricca
    Participant

kerwin

Terrarica,

Peter evangelized by teaching the people at Pentecost that Jesus was a human being. (Acts 2:22-23)

———————————————————

Ac 2:22 “Men of Israel, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know.
    Ac 2:23 This man was handed over to you by God’s set purpose and foreknowledge; and you, with the help of wicked men, put him to death by nailing him to the cross.

LK 22:70 And they all said, “Are You the Son of God, then?” And He said to them, “ Yes, I am.”

JN 1:34 “I myself have seen, and have testified that this is the Son of God.”

if John testify that Jesus was “the son of God ” if he would have been a man like him he would not have said what he said and not testify that jesus was the son of God ,not one of the sons of God ,

now this ; MT 16:16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God

did Peter lied here ?

was in act 2;22 Peter not talking about the “son of man ” ? for if he was a man then Joseph must be his father ;for a real man comes from a women and a man connection ;

and we all know that scriptures says that Jesus did not have a earthly father ,but a heavenly one ,but also Paul says that all things where created through him and to have this right he must have been there in the beginning of creation ;if not Paul is a liar and a deceiver ;

for your explanation to his words are at best deception and bias for you refuse to answer all the question the scriptures bring up to your own denial of them ,and make Jesus a liar as well when he says that he came down ,

I don’t need explanations just scriptures ;but i have the answers you do not unless you add your explanations

terraricca
    Participant

kerwin

Terrarica,

It is not an opinion. It is the what occurs during conception of a living creature. The cells divide from a one cell organism to become a multi-cell organism. Mitosis is one of the process that occur in the formation of a body.

——————————————————————
    conception can only be done when a man fertilized a woman ,any other way their cannot be conception only for the ignorants for all the people in Israel knew that Joseph the carpenter was his father ,Mary vessel (body) was used by God to bring down his son ,if you don’t believe that then you are according to John the apostles a antichrist ,

kerwin
    Participant

Terrarica,

In the case of identical twins the second twin is not produced by the fusion of two gametes but only by mitosis. The parents of the parent sibling are credited with being the parents though technically they are the grandparents of the offspring sibling.

Of course this is irrelevant as God is the one that caused Jesus to be conceived which means if he chose Jesus’ body could have been conceived of a rock. As it is Scripture teaches us he was conceived of a part of Mary just like Eve was conceived of Adam.(Galatians 4:4)

The bottom line is he was conceived just as Adam was conceived of the earth. That does no leave room for his body to be preexistent, especially as it was conceived in Mary. (Matthew 1:20)

Jesus is the chief son of God in regards to the Spirit but not in regards to the body. (John 1:12-13) He is the chief son of humanity in regards to the body. (Romans 1:3)

terraricca
    Participant

k

SO YOU DID NOT ADDRESS ANY OF the scriptures only coming up with another view what distract us from the first questions ,

Jn 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    Jn 1:2 He was with God in the beginning.
    Jn 1:3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.
    Jn 1:4 In him was life, and that life was the light of men.
    Jn 1:5 The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.
    Jn 1:6 There came a man who was sent from God; his name was John.
    Jn 1:7 He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all men might believe.
    Jn 1:8 He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light.
    Jn 1:9 The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world.
    Jn 1:10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him.
    Jn 1:11 He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him.
    Jn 1:12 Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—
    Jn 1:13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.
    Jn 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
    Jn 1:15 John testifies concerning him. He cries out, saying, “This was he of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’ ”
    Jn 1:16 From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another.
    Jn 1:17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
    Jn 1:18 No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father’s side, has made him known

you seem neglecting the most important part of John teaching ;like verse 18,

and verse 14 that show the son who became flesh ‘but you have your own man made story about those scriptures ,i guess ?

kerwin
    Participant

Terrarica,

I did address the point that Jesus is called the Son of God. Did I miss another point you brought up in quoting those passages of Scripture?

terraricca
    Participant

K

what can I say ,if you don’t see all the questions i put in front of you,

you can’t see it so be it ,I know you see it but have no answer so you blank it out ,

this is the reason for your truth be so limited and rejecting the truth teach in scriptures ,but you are not alone most people does it ,

kerwin
    Participant

Terraricca,

I answered other of your points as well.

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

thanks kerwin. I personally believe he did. peace to you!

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

Terraricca,

I agree with you. Jesus did preexist as a person. The scriptures are very clear. Undeniable. By the way I reject the Man Made doctrines of the Trinity AND Oneness. Peace to you!

Danny Dabbs

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Terricca…….If Jesus was not a son of man then why did he say he was over and over about 80 times? Produce one scripture thatshows any activity of JESUS BEFORE HIS BERTH ON THIS EARTH. Tell us why did not Gabriel not know who he was if he had preexisted, instead he said, that holy thing in you “would” be called the son of God. HE DID NOT SAY HE “ALREADY WAS” THE SON OF GOD, BUT HE “WOULD” BE CALLED. That is a future tense expression, meaning it was not a past tense, so JESUS could not have had a past existence as a son of GOD.

There are tons of scriptures that disprove JESUS preexisted his berth on this earth. But if you reject them and only focus on scriptures that can be taken different ways and have a preconviction about his prexistence, how can you be objective reguarding this subject.

Terricca Satan want you and all of us to believe JESUS IS A GOD and PREXISTED his berth on earth , he want desperately to make Jesus appear different the we are. So he created the “DOCTRINE OF SEPERATION” CHANGING JESUS’S IDENITY FROM OURS SO WE WILL NOT TRULY BELIEVE JESUS WAS A TRULY HUMAN BEING. It changes our perception and our identification with him.

If you could only understand, 2 TH 2, IS TALKING ABOUT A “LIE” THAT CREATES A FALSE “IMAGE” OF JESUS BEING A GOD, AND SITTING IN THE TEMPLE GOD BEING DESPLAYED AS A GOD, AND WORSHIPED AS A GOD, WHICH CHANGES THE “IMAGE” OF HIM FROM A HUMAN BEING INTO “A MAN OF SIN”.

Go back a reread 2Ths2 and put Jesus there as what Paul was talking about and you can see that the “LIE” IS ABOUT JESUS . THIS WHOLE CONCEPT ABOUT JESUS PREEXISTING AND BEING A GOD, IS A “LIE” CREATED BY SATAN HIMSELF TO DECIEVE PEOPLE ABOUT WHO JESUS ACTUALL IS, IT HAS DECIEVED ALL CHRISTANITY. IT WAS DESIGNED TO MOVE JESUS AWAY FROM HIS HUMAN ROOTS AND CAUSE PEOPLE TO THINK THEY COULD NEVER BE EXACTLY LIKE HIM, BY MOVING HOW WE PERCIEVE HIM AWAY FROM OURSELVES, IT IS A “LIE” BROUGHT ON BY SATAN HIMSELF.

IF YOU OR ANYONE ELSE DO NOT SEE JESUS AS A HUMAN BEING WHO CAME INTO EXISTENCE AT HIS BERTH ON THIS EARTH , YOU SIMPLY DO NOT SEE THE REAL JESUS, AND HAVE BOUGHT INTO THE BIGGEST LIE EVER TOLD. IMO

peace and love to you and yours. ……………gene

• This reply was modified 8 years, 10 months ago by Admin.
    Danny Dabbs
    Participant

Gene….I agree Jesus became 100% man but he was with his God and Father before becoming a human being. Can’t you see? Peace to you!

kerwin
    Participant

Danny Dabbs,

I do not believe he did preexist his conception as he was conceived in Mary, as of the body. There is a First Century argument that human souls preexist their conception. I again do not think his soul preexisted his conception but my lack of knowledge on that issue means I am not certain.

kerwin
    Participant

Terrarica,

Here is as summary and/or paraphrase of the words Peter spoke to those who had not known Christ as written in the New English Translation.

Acts 2:22-36New English Translation (NET Bible)

22 “Men of Israel, listen to these words: Jesus the Nazarene, a man clearly attested to you by God with powerful deeds, wonders, and miraculous signs that God performed among you through him, just as you yourselves know— 23 this man, who was handed over by the predetermined plan and foreknowledge of God, you executed by nailing him to a cross at the hands of Gentiles. 24 But God raised him up, having released him from the pains of death, because it was not possible for him to be held in its power. 25 For David says about him,

‘I saw the Lord always in front of me,
    for he is at my right hand so that I will not be shaken.
    Therefore my heart was glad and my tongue rejoiced;
    my body also will live in hope,
    because you will not leave my soul in Hades,
    nor permit your Holy One to experience decay.
    You have made known to me the paths of life;
    you will make me full of joy with your presence.’

29 “Brothers, I can speak confidently to you about our forefather David, that he both died and was buried, and his tomb is with us to this day. 30 So then, because he was a prophet and knew that God had sworn to him with an oath to seat one of his descendants on his throne, 31 David by foreseeing this spoke about the resurrection of the Christ, that he was neither abandoned to Hades, nor did his body experience decay. 32 This Jesus God raised up, and we are all witnesses of it. 33 So then, exalted to the right hand of God, and having received the promise of the Holy Spirit from the Father, he has poured out what you both see and hear. 34 For David did not ascend into heaven, but he himself says,

‘The Lord said to my lord,
    “Sit at my right hand
    until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet.”’

36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know beyond a doubt that God has made this Jesus whom you crucified both Lord and Christ.”

You will find that among the many point Peter makes that day is 1) Jesus is a human being and 2) Jesus is a decedent of King David. The second point eliminates his body preexisting his conception and the first point eliminates him being any thing but a human being.

He did not mention that Jesus was chief son of God or the chief son of humanity but both those titles are inherent in being the Christ, which he did mention.

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

Thank You. Kerwin,

I think John 3:13 is very clear. “No one has ascended into heaven except the One who descended from heaven—the Son of Man.” (HCSB)

What do you think?

Peace to you!

Danny

kerwin
    Participant

Terrarica,

for a real man comes from a women and a man connection

This point denies the power of God as well as being untrue.

It is untrue as in the case of identical twins the child of “twin” is formed through mitosis and not through the fusion of a male and a female gamete.

Both the point and counterpoint are vain because they deny the power of God.

To know when John the Baptist declared “For I tell you that God can raise up children for Abraham from these stones” that he spoke truth is a sign of faith in the power of God.

The angel told Mary that Jesus would be conceived in her. The word conceived is always the start of something though for political and other reasons it has been changed in dictionaries to a slightly later time when speaking of women conceiving. After all no one wants to say a petri dish conceived a child even though it is technically true in some cases. To return to my point the angel essentially stated the holy thing will begin to exist inside your body and you are to name him Jesus.

In Romans 1:3 we are taught that in regards to his body Jesus was made from the Seed of David. That matches up with Peter’s claim on Pentecost that Jesus is a descendant of King David.

kerwin
    Participant

Danny Dabbs,

The context is Jesus speaking to Nicodemus at a time before he physically ascended to heaven. That context rules out a physical ascension and so leaves a Spiritual ascension. Jesus states he is in his Father and our Father, whom he calls God, and the Father of us all is in him. God is in heaven so in order for Jesus to be in him there must have been a Spiritual ascension. Believers do not Spiritually ascend to heaven until they enter the new covenant and that was first accomplished on Pentecost.

John 3:13New International Version (NIV)

13 No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man.[a]
    Footnotes:

John 3:13 Some manuscripts Man, who is in heaven

I tend to think those manuscripts with the alternative text “who is in heaven” are correct as it better expresses the idea of God descending to live in Jesus by the Holy Spirit and Jesus ascending to sit with God on his throne through the same Spirit.

terraricca
    Participant

kerwin

I tend to think those manuscripts with the alternative text “who is in heaven” are correct as it better expresses the idea of God descending to live in Jesus by the Holy Spirit and Jesus ascending to sit with God on his throne through the same Spirit.

———————————————————-
    this is trinitarian and bias at best first God almighty never came down to earth NEVER, the son did for the purpose explained in scriptures ,God does not live personally in anyone but his laws/wisdom/will/holiness/righteousness/truth/ …. does

so you are wrong and rejecting the son of God that came down from heaven

kerwin
    Participant

Terrarica,

God is all present but the center of his power is in heaven.

Psalm 139:7-8English Standard Version (ESV)

Where shall I go from your Spirit?
    Or where shall I flee from your presence?
    If I ascend to heaven, you are there!
    If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there!

Nevertheless, you should know that believers that are immersed in the name of Jesus Christ are seated with him in heaven even as they are physically on earth, (Ephesians 2:6)

You also should know that God dwells in them through his Spirit.(1 Corinthians 3:16)

I simply apply these passages to Jesus and it explains the words of John 3:13.

kerwin
    Participant

Terrarica,

God does not live personally in anyone but his laws/wisdom/will/holiness/righteousness/truth/ …. does

I missed these words until I reread your post.

The same Spirit he walks according to lives in those that believe as a teacher.

Viewing 20 posts - 16,321 through 16,340 (of 19,165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account