LU and BD Biblical discussion cont’d

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 504 total)
  • Author
    Lightenup
    Participant

Bo,
    Jesus' divinity is declared in places besides the book of John. The emphasis of John is the divinity of Christ. Each gospel writer has their own emphasis.

The light of the gospel is hidden from the intellects of men, so yes, things were hidden that are revealed to those who have faith.

bodhitharta
    Participant

So you do admit the that John 1:1 des not say that the Word was another God it says the Word was GOD it is still talking about ONE GOD
    your whole theory is that there are two gods, right?

Lightenup
    Participant

Bo,
    In John 1:1 the first word 'God' is a name and the second word 'God' is a description. Two persons both fit the description of a God, capital G. There is only one description for the capital 'G' God but there are two that fit that description.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Oct. 15 2012,07:20)
    Bo,
    In John 1:1 the first word 'God' is a name and the second word 'God' is a description. Two persons both fit the description of a God, capital G. There is only one description for the capital 'G' God but there are two that fit that description.

Sorry Kathi

There is no capitalization in Hebrew or greek and you can't apply english rules to acient text

Lightenup
    Participant

Well Bo,
    There is capitalization in English and that is what the Greek and Hebrew is translated in. There is also no punctuation in Greek. If we translated the Greek into English and did not use capitalization or punctuation then we wouldn't be translating with understanding into English and we would have a lot more confusion. When you quote the Bible here, do you take out the capitals and punctuation? If no, they why do you want to use that argument on me? In English, the translators capitalize the G for anyone with the God nature.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Oct. 16 2012,09:41)
    Well Bo,
    There is capitalization in English and that is what the Greek and Hebrew is translated in. There is also no punctuation in Greek. If we translated the Greek into English and did not use capitalization or punctuation then we wouldn't be translating with understanding into English and we would have a lot more confusion. When you quote the Bible here, do you take out the capitals and punctuation? If no, they why do you want to use that argument on me? In English, the translators capitalize the G for anyone with the God nature.

Hi Kathi

Unfortunately we cannot use capitalization alone of certain parts of a translation to ascertain the importance of a word. For instance we see the word god or God but we can only feel we need clarification if we even have conceptof heir being a difference and what I mean by that is in arabic for instance there are no 2 ways of thinking about allah it only has one meaning just like yhwh so there is no such thing as a false yhwh or a false allah so the word “god” has an understanding that is flexible enough to play with.

You don't believe that Satan is the yhwh of this world do you? Of course not but you will say he is the god of this world?

Lightenup
    Participant

I would not say that satan is the god of this world at all.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Oct. 16 2012,12:34)
    I would not say that satan is the god of this world at all.

:) Thank God we agree on that I tell people all the time Satan is not the god of this world but they think that he is

Lightenup
    Participant

Yeah, we agree on something
    :laugh: :O :D :p

bodhitharta
    Participant

Hi Kathi

I understand your entire concept of why you believe there are two gods but you believe one is Higher and the other is lower. My belief is simply that The Highest Authority is “God”. I would never equate the vice president with the president although I would have great respect for him.

Lightenup
    Participant

Bo,
    I believe the highest authority is God also and I believe that the Father and Son are together, through their Spirit, this highest, perfectly united authority called 'God.'

The word 'God' is also a type of person/being that has a specific original, eternal nature with certain attributes.

The example of President/Vice President would not fit here because they work independently yet on the same team. I believe that the Father and Son work interdependently.

Do you understand that I believe that the Son is exactly like His Father in nature and attributes?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Oct. 19 2012,00:11)
    Bo,
    I believe the highest authority is God also and I believe that the Father and Son are together, through their Spirit, this highest, perfectly united authority called 'God.'

The word 'God' is also a type of person/being that has a specific original, eternal nature with certain attributes.

The example of President/Vice President would not fit here because they work independently yet on the same team. I believe that the Father and Son work interdependently.

Do you understand that I believe that the Son is exactly like His Father in nature and attributes?

Do you believe that the Son can command the Father or that the Father has been begotten by the Son or that the Father was modeled after the Son?

Do you believe that the Father could be crucified? Do you believe that the Father prays and if so who would the Father pray to?

Lightenup
    Participant

The Son doesn't command the Father. The Father has not been begotten by the Son. The Father was not modeled after the Son. The Father could be crucified only if He purposed to do that but He would have to come in the flesh. The Father does not pray to anyone. Why would you ask these questions?

Lightenup
    Participant

Lightenup
    Participant
    bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Oct. 21 2012,11:25)

Jesus did pray to God and even cried out to Him. Jesus is not thesame as or equal to God.

Lightenup
    Participant

Correction, Jesus is not the same as or equal to God the Father but He is the same as what God the Father is in essence and attributes. When He was made lower than the angels, naturally He prayed to God the Father.

Did you watch that video?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Oct. 21 2012,12:20)
    Correction, Jesus is not the same as or equal to God the Father but He is the same as what God the Father is in essence and attributes. When He was made lower than the angels, naturally He prayed to God the Father.

Did you watch that video?

Here is the problem Kathi, you are suggesting that somehow Jesus was a secret to all and that God did not choose to disclose someone co-created with Him.

Now my point is not to examine how God created anything my point is that even if God created through anyone or anything it was by HIS COMMAND.

God does not NEED Jesus or anything else to be God Almighty.

When I talk to you notice how we have to clarify …God the Father…God the Son but the Bible NEVER does this and the reason is in the Bible any reference that is not a metaphor of God is always pertaining to whom you call God the Father but Jesus clarified that for you by saying that “the Father” IS “THE ONLY TRUE GOD” If this is the ONLY TRUE GOD what is everything else called god?

Lightenup
    Participant

Watch the video to answer many of your questions, Bo.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Oct. 21 2012,13:33)
    Watch the video to answer many of your questions, Bo.

Watched the video but do you thnk it surpasses the authority of the Bible?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 504 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account