LU and BD Biblical discussion cont’d

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 461 through 480 (of 504 total)
  • Author
    Lightenup
    Participant

@bodhitharta

Hi Bo, are you aware that the Hebrew word that is used for ‘seed’ is not always referring to male semen?  You seem to equate it with that. Maybe I am not understanding you and what your point is.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Yes seed is always related to a male women do not have “seed” they carry “seed” just like the earth carries “seeds” of plants.

Lightenup
    Participant

@bodhitharta
    Mary had within her a seed which became her firstborn, true or false?

bodhitharta
    Participant

I would have to say false because Jesus was created by the Word of God and not by the seed of anyone. If he was then he is the son of Adam and not born like Adam without sin, so I ask you is Jesus the seed of Adam as he is called the seed of David and David is the seed of Adam

bodhitharta
    Participant

Secondly do you believe that Jesus was born of a virgin? If you do a virgin could be inseminated and still be a virgin. Mary was made pregnant by the Power of The Holy Spirit so yes her firstborn was Jesus but not through any seed which is why it says Luke 1:34-35
    <p class=”lang-en”>34 Then Mary said to the angel, “How can this be, since I do not know a man?”</p>
    <p class=”lang-en”>35 And the angel answered and said to her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you; therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God.</p>
    <p class=”lang-en”></p>

Lightenup
    Participant

@bodhitharta
    you said:

I would have to say false because Jesus was created by the Word of God and not by the seed of anyone. If he was then he is the son of Adam and not born like Adam without sin, so I ask you is Jesus the seed of Adam as he is called the seed of David and David is the seed of Adam

Christ is identified as the seed of Abraham. Did you realize that?
    Galatians 3:16
    Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

I showed you that to prove that Christ is considered a seed. Therefore, Gen 3:15 is quite likely speaking about Christ…”her seed.” Thus, the gospel began in Genesis. Abraham is in Genesis, too, btw.

Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Also, you asked if I believe that Mary was a virgin when she conceived Jesus. Yes, I do. Amazing isn’t it. Do you believe that?

bodhitharta
    Participant

First you say Christ is God and then you call Christ a human seed so are you saying that Christ is half man and half God? Of course he cannot be 100% God and 100% Man as God is not a Man according to the Bible. secondly, if Jesus is called son/seed of Abraham either you have to view that as an analogy or literal if you say that the seed of any man entered Mary then she was not a virgin. Can you explain?

Lightenup
    Participant

@bodhitharta
    You are right, God is not a man, that is why God the Son had to become a man because He wasn’t one already. He became one supernaturally. Don’t try to understand it because it isn’t something that can naturally happen. Just accept it…it was necessary to conquer the hold of sin.

You say that He can’t be 100% God and 100% man. I agree that it seems like it would be impossible by all natural means. It obviously was not impossible supernaturally though.

Also, what do you mean “if Jesus is called son/seed of Abraham?” Did you not read it for yourself? I showed you the verse. Jesus definitely is called the seed of Abraham. How is that so, Mary is a descendant of Abraham and thus Jesus is a descendant of Abraham according to His flesh.

Lightenup
    Participant

Bo?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Yes, I am here

bodhitharta
    Participant

Jesus was created by God and not through the seed of man.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Now why exactly did God need to make himself a man that must be crucified?

Lightenup
    Participant

@bodhitharta

Yes, I am here

Welcome back 🙂

Jesus was created by God and not through the seed of man.

His flesh was created to contain always existent living spirit.

Now why exactly did God need to make himself a man that must be crucified?

Heb 2
    14Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; 15And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage. 16For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham. 17Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people. 18For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

bodhitharta
    Participant

You see this is my problem with these letters such as Hebrews for it says the Devil has/had the Power of death but that cannot be true:  Deuteronomy 32:39  See now that I myself am He! There is no god besides me. I put to death and I bring to life, I have wounded and I will heal, and no one can deliver out of my hand.

These are serious opposing views, being a Muslim and reading the Qur’an every thing is always made clear because if I believe Hebrew 2:14 it does not agree with Deuteronomy 32:39 how do you harmonize the two

Lightenup
    Participant

@bodhitharta
    The devil had the power of death because he tempted Adam and Eve to disobey God. Satan brought death to mankind because death is the wages of sin. This power of death was rendered powerless by the shed blood of Jesus and His resurrection. YHVH ends people’s life and bring people back to life. That is the difference.

I believe that the so called confusion in the Bible, is just a misunderstanding in the reader.

bodhitharta
    Participant

First of all according to Christian belief God punished Adam and Eve with death not the devil second of all Jesus didn’t destroy the power of death on any level because we still all die physically and then you have those who will experience the second death Revelation 21:8 But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in vthe lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”

So how has death been destroyed?

Lightenup
    Participant

@Bodhitharta
    Those that have died are no longer in Hades but in Paradise if they are believers in Jesus as the Messiah and their LORD.

Also, there would be no death if there was no evil, therefore, evil has the power of death and satan is the leader of evil. Jesus took away that power. People’s bodies still die but their soul goes to Paradise to be with the LORD. Jesus set the captives free by His shedding of blood, death and resurrection.

bodhitharta
    Participant

The Bible disagrees with you so if you agree with this verse below please concede it is the only way to have an honest discussion….don’t hate being wrong, Love finding out what is right

1 Corinthians 15:52

In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed.

Lightenup
    Participant

That is talking about the bodies, not the souls. The souls are already with the LORD.

bodhitharta
    Participant

So he is going to raise and judge the bodies?

Viewing 20 posts - 461 through 480 (of 504 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account