Law

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 262 total)
  • Author
    KangarooJack
    Participant

Gene said:

I agree not all recived the words, but never the les they were written for all. imo, and where it says if you had faith the size of a grain of mustard seed you could say unto the mountain be plucked up and cast into the sea and it would happen. This statement requires some explanation. First we must identify the Faith we are talking about , is it to just to think hard enough for it to happen , or was he talking about having faith in God enough that (if) God told you to say unto that mountain be plucked up and cast into the sea it would happen.

Gene,
    You're getting off track my bro. Jesus' promise was to the disciples alone and not to all. And “mountains” in Hebraic thought represented kingdoms. Jesus was promising His disciples that if they had the seed of faith that they would overthrow the kingdom of Satan, which they did, thank God.

thinker

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mandy……….Some times i feel i am without excuse , i should have done more in serving God and Jesus then i Have , It troubles me to think that Jesus said when the son of Man comes will he find Faith on the earth. Because of all the things done for me in my life , it truely troubles me, I have not walked according to the Kindness given me in my life, I often think of the Parable of the unjust Judge, where Jesus showed that things were done in by God for them , but they Just forgot them, He said even though GOD answered them speedily “never the less when the son of man comes will he find Faith on the earth”. I am without excuse. That does trouble me often, epically when i hear People say they haven had these things happen in their live, I wounder why God has done these things for me and not them and it troubles me often, Or is it God Has but they Just forgot them. I don't know Sis.

love and peace to you and yours………………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (TimothyVI @ Feb. 24 2009,23:31)
    Nick has a good point.
    How much of what Jesus said was for all men, as opposed to just His desciples?
    Maybe there is a reason that having the faith of a mustard seed, we can not move a mountain.
    Maybe “all men”, even believers, were never supposed to receive anything that they asked of the Father.

Tim

Hi Tim4,
    The body of Christ has no time constraints and we should be one with the disciples.

But the living water of truth is yet to reverberate scripture from many mouths who claim inspiration.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Feb. 25 2009,03:57)
    Mandy……….Some times i feel i am without excuse , i should have done more in serving God and Jesus then i Have , It troubles me to think that Jesus said when the son of Man comes will he find Faith on the earth. Because of all the things done for me in my life , it truely troubles me, I have not walked according to the Kindness given me in my life, I often think of the Parable of the unjust Judge, where Jesus showed that things were done in by God for them , but they Just forgot them, He said even though GOD answered them speedily “never the less when the son of man comes will he find Faith on the earth”. I am without excuse. That does trouble me often, epically when i hear People say they haven had these things happen in their live, I wounder why God has done these things for me and not them and it troubles me often, Or is it God Has but they Just forgot them. I don't know Sis.

love and peace to you and yours………………………..gene

Bro Gene,

Your so genuine, I love that about you.

Sigh…..can one really say that God has done nothing for them? I cannot say that. And yet, I wonder how much of what I believe “God did for me” was really not God at all? How much of that could be consequences of behavior, or even law's of science? Does my emotion respond to “God”? Of course it does. But as I shared in a different thread, my emotion responds to a lot of things that have the same affect as when I believe “God” is touching me. So essentially I am saying…..what is real…..and how do we know?

Since I have been quiet, since I have stopped worshipping, since I have stopped reading and professing……all is quiet. I hear nothing. I feel nothing. There is nothing there.

Why? Was it truly a one-sided relationship? Did I put all these things together in my mind? We are capable of so much physcological hu-bub. We truly believe we “hear things”. Well, whatever, I don't have the answers. I'm seeking the answers, but I don't have them as of yet.

Love to you,
    Mandy

Participant

Quote (Gene @ Feb. 25 2009,03:17)

Quote (TimothyVI @ Feb. 24 2009,23:31)
    Nick has a good point.
    How much of what Jesus said was for all men, as opposed to just His desciples?
    Maybe there is a reason that having the faith of a mustard seed, we can not move a mountain.
    Maybe “all men”, even believers, were never supposed to receive anything that they asked of the Father.

Tim

Tim……….I agree not all recived the words, but never the les they were written for all. imo, and where it says if you had faith the size of a grain of mustard seed you could say unto the mountain be plucked up and cast into the sea and it would happen. This statement requires some explanation. First we must identify the Faith we are talking about , is it to just to think hard enough for it to happen , or was he talking about having faith in God enough that (if) God told you to say unto that mountain be plucked up and cast into the sea it would happen.

No man in a million years could have enough Faith for himself to do that. Remember Jesus said, he (COULD) Say , but the could is a qualified statement, that is to say if GOD wanted that done, as in the case of Moses as well as Jesus, neither of these worked any miracles themselves, God Performed those miracles himself in every case, SO Jesus was saying with even just a little faith in God , this (COULD) happen.

As far a receiving things, Jesus said to ask and seek and knock, and it will be given you, obviously that is in accordance with the will of GOD. I have in my life received many request from GOD many times. But remember to whom much is given much is required, if little is given little is required.

peace and love to you and yours…………………….gene

Hi Gene:

Do you have any mountains (problems) in your life that you would like to move by faith?

Jesus said if we ask anything believing we shall receive what we ask. Believing is not just a mental assent. It means that if we are obeying the Word of God then God will hear our prayers for our needs.

Jhn 15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

Mat 6:9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
    Mat 6:10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as [it is] in heaven.
    Mat 6:11 Give us this day our daily bread.
    Mat 6:12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
    Mat 6:13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

But then there are elders in the church that have specific “gifts of the spirit” and the operate in this gifts by Faith also. Not everyone has the gift of healing for example.

1Cr 12:7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
    1Cr 12:8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
    1Cr 12:9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
    1Cr 12:10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another [divers] kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
    1Cr 12:11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.
    1Cr 12:12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also [is] Christ.

1Cr 12:30 Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Marty……….I agree with that brother. I only Know in my life many, many, many, many answered Prayers very speedily, as i said I am without excuse. I really don't think i am any better then anyone, and when i hear people like our Dear sis Mandy say she hasn't had direct answered Prayers it does trouble me, She is truly seeking Proof and why is she not getting it. God Said I am found by those that seek me, so why is He not answering Her. Does God just give some answers and others ignore if so why did He said He is no respecter of Persons , I am no better then anyone else so why are so many not receiving their Proofs through their requests?. I know one thing its pretty hard to expect someone to believe in you and your never get any proof. If most of you would have had the proofs of God given to you, you would all have done better then Me i believe. My desire is that Mandy will get her proof from GOD the FATHER, she truely is trying i believe. God help us all brother.

love and peace to you and yours……………………………………..gene

Not3in1
    Participant

Aw, bro Gene….I'm touched that you care so much for me.

But I'm probably just a bad egg. I've really given it a good run, believe me. Since I was a very small child I have trusted that God is. I have worshiped him as a Trinity, I have worshiped him as One (the Father). I have been baptised, spoke in tounges, I have fasted, I have tithed, I have done whatever it takes to try and please God. I have been a very obedient child (very obedient). Very trusting….

But maybe God knows that I'm one who will deny him later…..maybe that's why he is silent towards me; indifferent towards me? Maybe I'm already sunk and I don't even know it? Maybe what is in my heart is so dark that he doesn't want anything to do with me? I do tend to question obvious things. Maybe I've pissed him off? I don't know what the case is, to be honest. I just know there is nothing there.

I want there to be something there…..
    At times I feel desperate to hear Him…..
    I try to be good enough…..
    But like my husband, I don't seem to impress Him no matter what I do.
    So I've quit trying.
    And no one has come after me.
    So that is that.

I'm learning to accept that I have, perhaps, made this whole spiritual life up for myself; that we all do this thing for whatever reason. Because there is certainly no central way to *prove* God. No voice that says the same thing to the masses. Only Christians who point their bibles at people and fire at will. Ah, I'm sorry. I'm just spouting off. I'm tired. I'm weak. I feel beaten down, with no hope of knowing for certain that He is there…… I guess everyone else here who has a faith that cannot be shaken has heard from Him already and knows. What I thought that I heard seems to be bogus. No one here thinks it is valid with scripture. Perhaps they are right. So what I thought was real, was maybe, just me talking to myself. Maybe it's been this way all along.

Don't spend too much time worrying about me. I think God knows what He is doing. He's not talking to me for a reason. Maybe I'm being punished.

Love,
    Mandy

kerwin
    Participant

Not3in1(Mandy) wrote:

But maybe God knows that I'm one who will deny him later…..maybe that's why he is silent towards me; indifferent towards me?

God is not quiet we just have trouble speaking His language.   He comes to you in dreams at night and in the actions of the world around you during the day.  He may speak through the mouth of a child or the President of the United States.  When He speaks his message may become garbled because of interference from Satan in one way or another and we have trouble telling the difference between what Satan states and what God does.  

Not3in1(Mandy) wrote:

Maybe I'm already sunk and I don't even know it?

I am highly doubtful since I do not believe you have blasphemed against the Holy Spirit.  

Not3in1(Mandy) wrote:

Maybe what is in my heart is so dark that he doesn't want anything to do with me?

If you realize your heart is dark then you have begun on the path to righteousness because you cannot be poor in spirit until you come to the realization that you are by nature a wicked person and your only hope to do right is if God comes and does it for you.  I assure you if you call Him and cry for rescue that He will rescue you if you persist in believing He will.   You may stumble but He will give you what you need to have to do what is right in His eyes.

Not3in1(Mandy) wrote:

Don't spend too much time worrying about me.  I think God knows what He is doing.  He's not talking to me for a reason.  

I have no reason to worry because God is a loving God and I know He is communicating with you and hoping that you will listen and realize that as of yourself you cannot do right but if you invite God to take control of your actions then you will do right because He is faithful and will do it.  All I ask is keep seeking His righteousness and do not give up for He will reward those who sincerely seek to do as He commands.

Not3in1(Mandy) wrote:

Maybe I'm being punished.

We are all punished for our sins but that does not mean God ignores us.  On the other hand God does test us and He is testing you, and for that fact me, right this moment and He will most likely continue to test both our hearts.

Be encouraged for God spoke through his Son to promise:

Matthew 5:3(NIV) reads:

Blessed are the poor in spirit,
         for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Not3in1
    Participant

Thanks, Kerwin.

You're a good brother in the Lord.
    I can feel your arm in mine – helping me along as I limp.

There's bound to be a good blessing in that for ya! :;):

Love,
    Mandy

KangarooJack
    Participant

Kerwin said to Mandy:

I am highly doubtful since I do not believe you have blasphemed against the Holy Spirit.

Kerwin,
    The blasphemy against the Holy Spirit was a Jewish thing anyway. It was not possible for a Gentile to commit that sin seeing that Gentiles did not have the Messiah. Only those to whom Jesus came could commit the blasphemy. Again, only Jews could commit that sin because Jesus came only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tt,
    Any man can sin against the Spirit.

Mk3
    28Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:

29But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.

30Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.

The mouth causes it

Quote (Not3in1 @ Feb. 25 2009,18:11)

But I'm probably just a bad egg.  I've really given it a good run, believe me.  Since I was a very small child I have trusted that God is.  I have worshiped him as a Trinity, I have worshiped him as One (the Father).  I have been baptised, spoke in tounges, I have fasted, I have tithed, I have done whatever it takes to try and please God.  I have been a very obedient child (very obedient).  Very trusting….

But maybe God knows that I'm one who will deny him later…..maybe that's why he is silent towards me; indifferent towards me?  Maybe I'm already sunk and I don't even know it?  Maybe what is in my heart is so dark that he doesn't want anything to do with me?  I do tend to question obvious things.  Maybe I've pissed him off?  I don't know what the case is, to be honest.  I just know there is nothing there.  

So I've quit trying.  
    So that is that.

I'm learning to accept that I have, perhaps, made this whole spiritual life up for myself; that we all do this thing for whatever reason.  Because there is certainly no central way to *prove* God.  No voice that says the same thing to the masses.  Only Christians who point their bibles at people and fire at will.  Ah, I'm sorry.  I'm just spouting off.  I'm tired.  I'm weak.  I feel beaten down, with no hope of knowing for certain that He is there……  I guess everyone else here who has a faith that cannot be shaken has heard from Him already and knows.  What I thought that I heard seems to be bogus.  No one here thinks it is valid with scripture.  Perhaps they are right.  So what I thought was real, was maybe, just me talking to myself.  Maybe it's been this way all along.

Don't spend too much time worrying about me.  I think God knows what He is doing.  He's not talking to me for a reason.  Maybe I'm being punished.

Love,
    Mandy

Mandy

I continue to pray for you!

Don't give up!

Love in him!

Keith

Not3in1
    Participant

Hi Keith,

When you say that you are praying for me…..I really believe you!

Thank you for that.

Much love,
    Mandy

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Feb. 25 2009,18:11)

But I'm probably just a bad egg.  I've really given it a good run, believe me.  Since I was a very small child I have trusted that God is.  I have worshiped him as a Trinity, I have worshiped him as One (the Father).  I have been baptised, spoke in tounges, I have fasted, I have tithed, I have done whatever it takes to try and please God.  I have been a very obedient child (very obedient).  Very trusting….

But maybe God knows that I'm one who will deny him later…..maybe that's why he is silent towards me; indifferent towards me?  Maybe I'm already sunk and I don't even know it?  Maybe what is in my heart is so dark that he doesn't want anything to do with me?  I do tend to question obvious things.  Maybe I've pissed him off?  I don't know what the case is, to be honest.  I just know there is nothing there.  

So I've quit trying.  
    So that is that.

I'm learning to accept that I have, perhaps, made this whole spiritual life up for myself; that we all do this thing for whatever reason.  Because there is certainly no central way to *prove* God.  No voice that says the same thing to the masses.  Only Christians who point their bibles at people and fire at will.  Ah, I'm sorry.  I'm just spouting off.  I'm tired.  I'm weak.  I feel beaten down, with no hope of knowing for certain that He is there……  I guess everyone else here who has a faith that cannot be shaken has heard from Him already and knows.  What I thought that I heard seems to be bogus.  No one here thinks it is valid with scripture.  Perhaps they are right.  So what I thought was real, was maybe, just me talking to myself.  Maybe it's been this way all along.

Don't spend too much time worrying about me.  I think God knows what He is doing.  He's not talking to me for a reason.  Maybe I'm being punished.

Love,
    Mandy

:)

“TRUTH”

Aw its refreshing to see people really start to “listen”….

“GOD” is there Mandy…don't believe in someone elses “version”…

I'll give you a hint…look up-look down-look all around…

If GOD is still silent to you after you do that…then so be it….if he isn't…then……………..so be it :)

Mandy…I TOTALLY respect where you are at in your search…

The most important thing that i came to realize is that the mind is the most powerful thing man possesses.. our mind can make ANYTHING seem real….if you dont believe that then do a little research into “mental health illnesses”…

Anyway…religion IMHO is like a sedative that reduces the natural cognitive abilities of man….I'll give you a word of wisdom that I gave my Father the other day….

“You have to take of the “glasses” of religion to truly see GOD…Most people are afraid to look with their natural eyes because they are scared of what they might “see”…but only when you look for him without ANY filter will you truly see him”

see this thread so you can see how much me and you have in common…

https://heavennet.net/cgi-bin….;t=2150

p.s. he doesnt have to say anything for him to talk to you…figure out what that means and you will ok

Not3in1
    Participant

Yes, DK, the answer to our questions is always, “Trust Him….”.

But I simply am having trouble trusting something that isn't there. Along with being somewhat child-like, I am also a realist.
    I believe there is a God. Because I want to.
    But that belief is just a passing idea with no real structure to it……for the bible tells me so……doesn't seem to work anymore.
    What's left? His voice? Being led by the Spirit? Those are just words. They are just words because in reality, they don't exist.

I know. I've tried to make them real. I've tried real hard. I've had faith like nobody's business. I've done it all.
    And it wasn't good enough.

I'm sure God loves Kathi, and Nick, and Bro Gene and Marty —- they all seem to get it. So He talks to them and tells them great mysteries. But Mandy? Forget about her – she'll never get it. She's just a little doubter-pants!!

God isn't coming after me. He isn't breaking through the silence. I don't hear anything. I don't see anything. I reach out….and nothing is there. Nothing.

Thanks for caring, DK.
    Love,
    Mandy

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    You said
    “She's just a little doubter-pants!!”

Good work.
    So why stay there?
    Take the problem to the great physician.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 26 2009,08:53)
    Hi not3,
    You said
    “She's just a little doubter-pants!!”

Good work.
    So why stay there?
    Take the problem to the great physician.

NH

You know, you really should just be quite. She just got through telling you she has tried all of that!

Really! Why not just pray for her?

WJ

Not3in1
    Participant

Nick,

Why didn't I think of that?

Come on…..have you any idea how much the carpet to the alter is worn thin from my prayers!!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Patience

kerwin
    Participant

Not3in1(Mandy) wrote:

I believe there is a God.  Because I want to.

Are you one of those realist that believes random chance and natural selection created a machine language like DNA.  It is a machine language we so called intelligent human beings are just beginning to understand.  

The existence of God is self evident.  The problem I have is telling what in nature comes from God and what comes from Satan as there is certainly a struggle between the two.

To resolve the situation I take a simplistic approach and decide that that which is apparently meant for ill comes from Satan though God will use it for good while that which is apparently meant for good comes from God though Satan may use it for ill.

Kidney disease would therefore come from Satan though God may use it to test the heart of those with it or those around them. God may even use it for discipline but Satan uses it to make his false point that God is unjust or even a liar.

That struggle is also going on in other fronts which is why you need to persevere in seeking God and not give into Satan.

The question is do you want to love you neighbor and yourself as God intends.  If your answer is “yes” then there is a way and that is following the true gospel of Christ Jesus and God will reveal it to you if you truly seek him which you will if you want to love as He intends.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 262 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account