Law

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 262 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi S,
    The OT law is for those under the Law.[Rom2-3]

What Peter said was to remind the Jews that the ONE THEY HAD CRUCIFIED is made Lord and Christ

SEEKING
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 22 2009,16:05)
    What Peter said was to remind the Jews that the ONE THEY HAD CRUCIFIED is made Lord and Christ

Nick,

Your cleverness has left your stranded unless you rhetoric is meaningless and void.

Act 2:36  Let all the house of Israel ]herefore know for certain that God has made him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom you crucified.” Act 2:37  Now when they heard this they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Brothers, what shall we do?” herefore know for certain that God has made him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom you crucified.” Act 2:37  Now when they heard this they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Brothers, what shall we do?”
    Act 2:38  And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit  Only has application to Jews?

Again, your own words responding to the above passages –

No meaning for Gentiles, no meaning for forgiveness and receipt of the Spirit,  no necessity for baptism.  Just,
    per Nick – to remind the Jews that the ONE THEY HAD CRUCIFIED is made Lord and Christ

Forgive me if I do not accept this!

KangarooJack
    Participant

Gene said:

Thinker……..You are right laws do teach, just like our Speed laws they teach us how to drive safely, but they by no means can make you a safe driver.

Exactly!! The ten commandments can make no one righteous. It shows us that we are sinners. Paul said that there is no law against the fruit of the spirit. In other words, the fruit of the spirit is new covenant.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    So the NEW COVENANT began at Pentecost?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Thinker…………So the conclusion is that the (ten commandments)themselves are not the subject matter of Paul's discourse, but rather (HOW) They are Kept, “the Love of God fulfills the LAW (the ten commandments)” The Jew were seeking the righteousness of GOD through the operation of (Law),Forced compliance working through the medium of FEAR, We seek the fulfillment of the commandments through the operation of GOD Spirit and through the Spirit we fulfill all the Commandments. So Paul could say the gentiles who have (NOT) the LAW (ten commandments), but do the things contained therein Show (the LAW) ten commandments written in their Hearts by the Hand of GOD. So its not a matter of the Commandments being done away with but simply How they are Kept. I believe the ten commandments are eternal and will never be done away with The ten commandments reveal to us the mind and heart of GOD they are Eternal Just like the FATHER is. They operate through the Medium of Love , NOT FEAR. IMO

love and peace to you brother………………………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    The grace of the righteous fear of God permeates the works of the OT and the NT.

2 Corinthians 7:1
    Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………..But Scripture says < "Nothing is perfected in FEAR, For Fear has torment". It also says "love casts OUT FEAR". And it Also says "For you have (NOT) received the Spirit (OF FEAR) but of power and of Love and a sound Mind." How many times we have to go over this Nick? Do you believe what scripture say or not? And you should know that the Fear of God , is reverence or we have a contradiction of scriptures.

Why are you stuck on the elementary teachings of and Not graduate to the Higher level of GOD which is LOVE. Which CASTS OUT FEAR.

peace………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    The love of God does not give men license to misbehave.
    They should always remember God's awesome powers.
    And also our utter lack of deserving His kind favour

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi S,
    One Lord, one baptism for Jew and gentile.
    Same gospel.
    One way

Try not to get so excited when you think you have scored some sort of useless point.
    We are all students here.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………..Where Did (I) or anyone here say the Love of GOD is a license to sin, I have been here almost two years and have (NEVER) heard (ANYONE) say the Love of God is a License to SIN. So why do you even insinuate me or anyone else for that matter is suggesting such a thing. Can you ever stop insinuating false statements, that is the same as Lying. Why do you keep rebuking everyone, What is you motive , what is behind it all. No one here thinks the Love of God is a license to sin. IMO

peace and love……………………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Why do you think everything is about You?
    Wake up and join the team

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…………About Me?. Where did that come from? Is that all you can do is falsely accuse people?. Nothing is about me Its about the word of God , not me or YOU or the WE. IMO

peace…………………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Back to scripture.
    Try to take the focus off the people here

TimothyVI
    Participant

And in this corner, weighing in at ………………………………………

Sounds like a boxing match.

Nick, you do seem to attack the person Gene a lot,
    instead of merely address his understanding of the scriptures.

Tim

SEEKING
    Participant

nick wrote:

[/quote]

Hi S,
    One Lord, one baptism for Jew and gentile.
    Same gospel.
    One way

Again, your own words responding to the above passages –

No meaning for Gentiles, no meaning for forgiveness and receipt of the Spirit,  no necessity for baptism.  Just,
    per Nick – to remind the Jews that the ONE THEY HAD CRUCIFIED is made Lord and Christ

Try not to get so excited when you think you have scored some sort of useless point.

No excitement!  You truly think you are above us.  Now you can read emotion into posts. Wow!  No useless point!  You said it. It is in black ans white.  All students.  What did you learn?  I learned you vacillate back and forth.

Nick, plenty – for years –  have identified you for what you are.  If you believe we are all students, why do you presume to instruct us?

Your cleverness has left you stranded unless you rhetoric is meaningless and void.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi S,
    This is not a competition so as tim suggested take the gloves off.
    Truth is the goal.
    Context

Acts2
    5And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.

……..

36Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

37Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

38Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the LORD our God shall call.

Is there another message for the gentiles who were a people with no hope?
    Peter had to be shown in acts 10 that they too were to be included and the message is the same for all.
    Do you disagree?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 23 2009,20:19)
    Hi,
    Back to scripture.
    Try to take the focus off the people here

Nick………Thats your game not mine. It's you who focus on the person not me, I only respond to you in kind.

Prov 26:5 Answer a fool according to his folly, Lest he be wise in his own conceit.

peace and love to you brother……………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Try to stay focussed on the subject.

SEEKING
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 23 2009,11:08)
    Hi S,
    This is not a competition so as tim suggested take the gloves off.
    Truth is the goal.
    Context

Nick,

That went over your head as usual. That suggestion and comment was directed to YOU!

And in this corner, weighing in at ………………………………………

Sounds like a boxing match.

Nick, you do seem to attack the person Gene a lot,
    instead of merely address his understanding of the scriptures.

Tim

As were these –

Nick………Starting with the personal attacks again, right, exactly (WHERE) did i say say we (ARE) Robots.

Nick,
    You're not dealing with the question

Nick It is Gen that recognizes that YOU my FRIEND likes to throw your weight around and make others look bad.

Please do not judge my Husband to harshly.
    Nick

and these

“If” you read “all” of my post you know what I said; as usually you reject the biblical prove I gave to support what I said without any facts from you.

Your argument that words not found in the Bible are not valid, is a straw.

Nick, when you gain the depth to respect what others have been addressing for years, repent, and change – you and I may have something to discuss. Until then I will keep you, myself, and all others in prayer over these matters.

Seeking

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    So the OT law was for the Jews.
    The gentiles were a people without even that hope.
    Now all from all the nations can be one in the body of Christ.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 262 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account