Kingdom of god–

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi Gene,

Then all religions are cults according to you.  Because they all do the same thing – believe how we believe, or find somewhere else to go on Sunday.

There is only one kingdom.  It is the Kingdom of God – the same one Jesus preached was NEAR, not here.  The fact that Jesus will rule over it for 1000 years does not mean Jesus has one kingdom and God has a different one.  Which one will you live in Gene….oh that's right, which one will be inside of you?  

What you say is that the earth will be exactly the same, pollution, chemical spills, murder, rape, etc., but you will be living happy because God's (or Jesus') kingdom will be inside of you?

Here's just a few verses that make little sense if the Kingdom of God is not an actual physical place.

Matthew 19:24 NIV
    Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”

Matthew 21:32 NIV
    Jesus said to them, “I tell you the truth, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are entering the kingdom of God ahead of you.

How can one “enter” what is inside of them?

Mark 14:25 NIV
    “I tell you the truth, I will not drink again of the fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it anew in the kingdom of God.”

If anyone ever had the kingdom of God inside of them, it was Jesus.  Yet if that is all the kingdom is, Mark 14:25 makes no sense.  Doesn't it sound like Jesus is talking about a physical place?

Luke 7:28 NIV
    I tell you, among those born of women there is no one greater than John; yet the one who is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he.”

How can you have various peoples, some great, some least living inside you?

Luke 13:28 NIV
    “There will be weeping there, and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but you yourselves thrown out.

Will some people see the prophets living inside of them, and be thrown out of themselves?

Luke 13:29 NIV
    People will come from east and west and north and south, and will take their places at the feast in the kingdom of God.

Boy Gene, if you don't feel full from the food of the feast, you sure will from all those people inside of you.

1 Corinthians 15:50 NIV
    I declare to you, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.

We are flesh and blood, Gene.  How can you say it is inside of you?

And Jesus tells of many signs to let us know when the kingdom of God is near to us in Luke 21.

peace and love,
    mike

david
    Participant

The kingdom of GOD most certainly was (NOT) (IN) the Pharisees

–Gene

So then, Gene, would you consider the following an accurate translation:
    LUKE 17:21
    “neither will people be saying, ‘See here!’ or, ‘There!’ For, look! the kingdom of God IS WITHIN YOU.” (KJ, NIV)

Over and over and over again, you quoted this (these) translation(s) where Jesus (speaking to the Pharisees) says “the kingdom of God IS WITHIN YOU.”

Yet, above you say “the kingdom of God most certainly was (NOT) (IN) the Pharisees….”

So do you now agree that the 2 translations you have been using to support your argument are not the best sources? Do you now understand why they both have alternate renderings in the footnotes/margins?

david
    Participant

David…………I nor Jesus said the kingdom of GOD was in the (PHARISEES) that is you addition to what i said. –Gene, page 5

Mikeboll64……… The kingdom of GOD most certainly was (NOT) (IN) the Pharisees or they would have been Subject to it willingly. –Gene, page 6

I'm glad we finally agree.

david
    Participant

The Witnesses are sure they have the truth. I agree with them on most Scriptural issues, not all. But they never have the attitude of “We have it, you can't have it”.

–Mike.

Mike, please do not be drawn in by Gene. He spends about 1/4 of his time using the logic that:
    “'x' belief is not true because JW's believe it.”
    That is not logical. We also believe some things that Gene believes. Does that mean Gene is automatically wrong on those other things? Of course I know you know the logic is wrong. (I don't think Gene does.) I just want you to be aware that it's much easier for Gene to refocus the attention off of himself and off of the fact that he can't answer your question.

david
    Participant

GOD is a KING and His Kingdom is In the heart and minds of his subjects, ” . . . . GOD IS SPIRIT and HIS KINGDOM IS A SPIRITUAL  KINGDOM DAVID. It existed even at the time of Jesus and still does NOW on the earth through His disciples. . . . . scripture plainly shows the Kingdom of GOD is a SPIRITUAL Kingdom, both now and in the future.

GOD'S Kingdom is His (WILL) working in Us Through His SPIRIT in US.

DAVID I maintain that the kingdom OF GOD IS WITHIN A PERSON, and there He rules in their hearts and minds. it is (NOT) a Physical Kingdom but a Spiritual ONE.

Does it not mean that the Kingdom of GOD was there and indeed it was it was (IN) Christ Jesus as well as in the apostles after they recieved the Spirit of GOD into them. God's Kingdom is a (SPIRITUAL) Kingdom He rules from within and the Physical outside is only a manifestation of what is going on inside a person.

Jesus was and all who have the Holy Spirit (IN) them are also In the Kingdom of GOD Because GOD rules from the (INSIDE OUT) Not from the outside (IN).

Back to what i was saying before the Kingdom of GOD (IS) within a Person, it comes Just as Jesus said without Observation. GOD the KING is SPIRIT and NO ONE CAN SEE SPIRIT. HIS KINGDOM is a SPIRITUAL KINGDOM. ALL who are Lead by HIS SPIRIT (IN) them are Members of that Kingdom.–This thread, Gene

'For the kingdom of God comes (NOT) with observation , but it is (INSIDE) of you”–“what is the soul” thread, Gene.

Gene, just so I understand your words above, you believe that “the Kingdom of GOD (IS) within a Person,” “in the heart and mind of his subjects” and that it is a “spiritual kingdom” and that it is “(INSIDE)” of people ????

SO MY QUESTION ONCE AGAIN, AND MIKE'S QUESTION TOO, IF YOU BELIEVE JESUS SAID THAT THE KINGDOM IS “INSIDE OF YOU” WHILE SPEAKING TO THE PHARISEES, HOW DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT? How do you reconcile what you say you believe with the fact that Jesus was speaking directly to the Pharisees?

Please attempt a DIRECT answer. (Not the side tracking and name calling, etc.)

david
    Participant

And what of the scriptures?

DANIEL 2:44
    ““And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite;”

ISAIAH 9:6-7
    “For there has been a child born to us, there has been a son given to us; and the princely rule will come to be upon his shoulder. And his name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace. To the abundance of the princely rule and to peace there will be no end, upon the throne of David and upon his kingdom in order to establish it firmly and to sustain it by means of justice and by means of righteousness, from now on and to time indefinite. The very zeal of Jehovah of armies will do this.”

1 CORINTHIANS 15:24
    “Next, the end, when he hands over the kingdom to his God and Father, when he has brought to nothing all government and all authority and power.”

REVELATION 1:6
    “and he made us to be a kingdom, priests to his God and Father—yes, to him be the glory and the might forever. Amen.”

REVELATION 5:9-10
    “And they sing a new song, saying: “You are worthy to take the scroll and open its seals, because you were slaughtered and with your blood you bought persons for God out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation, and you made them to be a kingdom and priests to our God, and they are to rule as kings over the earth.””

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (david @ May 20 2010,16:25)
    Mike, please do not be drawn in by Gene.  He spends about 1/4 of his time using the logic that:
    “'x' belief is not true because JW's believe it.”

Hi David,

I don't know how many times I get the “JW” slams against me.  WJ just did it again today.  We actually are going through every single Scripture that he thinks the NWT translated terribly.  Why so much hate against you guys?  I know that much of it stems from your non-trinity beliefs.  It really upsets the trinitarians that someone actually had the guts to come out loud and proudly teaching that Jesus is not God, Jehovah is.  I think the rest just jump on the “it's a cult” bandwagon without even knowing what the JWs teach.

I like Gene.  To me he is a lot like Ed J (who I miss terribly on this site).  They have some ideas that make me think, “Where in the world did this line of reasoning come from?”, but I surely don't know everything.  All we can do is turn to Scripture for the answers.

Hang in there, David.  I don't sense that you are “scared” or anything.  But I really enjoy your posts.  I learn a lot from them, so I don't want to see you “bullied” off of this site.

Someday, we'll have to discuss the “Jesus is Michael” thing.

peace and love,
    mike

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (david @ May 20 2010,16:29)
    SO MY QUESTION ONCE AGAIN, AND MIKE'S QUESTION TOO, IF YOU BELIEVE JESUS SAID THAT THE KINGDOM IS “INSIDE OF YOU” WHILE SPEAKING TO THE PHARISEES, HOW DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT?  How do you reconcile what you say you believe with the fact that Jesus was speaking directly to the Pharisees?

Please attempt a DIRECT answer.  (Not the side tracking and name calling, etc.)

David………..Jesus was not saying the Kingdom of GOD was (IN) those Pharisees, He was relating to the (FACT) that the Kingdom of GOD is in (A) Person and does not come with (OBSERVATION) not as the Pharisees and You and Mike Suppose that the Kingdom of GOD is external of a Person. That was Jesus' whole Point. GOD rule from the (INSIDE) OUT. First make clean the (Inside) of the Cup , that the outside may be clean also. GOD's Kingdom is a Spiritual Kingdom and rules from within a person. But as those Pharisees , many look for outside physical signs.

David I have another question for you to answer, Did GOD ever Rule over man and His Kingdom here on earth before. Was he ever a King over a Kingdom in the past. And if So was that some Utopian Kingdom? To save time the answer is Yes He did rule as King before in Israel and They rejected Him as King . According to what He told Samuel. SO whats the Point, The point is thought GOD ruled through Leaders His kingdom, it still was no Utopian rule as You think will be in the Kingdom of Jesus and the Saints will be. God's kingdom rules from the inside out, not from the physical outside in. God kingdom will come WHEN HIS WILL WILL BE DONE. “GOD WORKS IN US BOTH TO (WILL) AND DO OF (HIS) GOOD PLEASURE”.

God's Spirit effect his KINGDOM both inside and outside. It is ruled SPIRITUALLY.

Again i Quote “THE KINGDOM OF GOD COMES WITHOUT OBSERVATION, IT IS WITHIN YOU”.

David and Mike…..> your argument is with Jesus' words, Not ME. This should not be hard to understand by either of you.

There is indeed coming a “Physical” Kingdom of GOD on this earth but it will be the “SPIRITUAL” Childern of GOD ruling it, the rest are just living in it for a time. The only true members of GOD's True Kingdom will be Jesus and the SAINTS of GOD. IMO

peace and love……………….gene

david
    Participant

Hang in there, David.  I don't sense that you are “scared” or anything.  But I really enjoy your posts.  I learn a lot from them, so I don't want to see you “bullied” off of this site.

Someday, we'll have to discuss the “Jesus is Michael” thing.

I will never be bullied.  I do however point out the false logic/flaws in thinking that someone is wrong on point A because they are Green, or they are wrong about X because they are a Jew, or they are wrong about Z because they are a JW.  It almost seems racist.  Whatever it is, it's just wrong thinking.

There is a Michael thread.  (There's several.  Every time Nick or someone doesn't like something I say, or can't argue against it, they seem to start a thread, and often they are these “michael” threads.  I think about 8 exist, and I don't think I started any of them.  I do however comment quite a bit in one of them.  I will try to find a link.)
    Here is the largest thread:
    https://heavennet.net/cgi-bin….1;st=40
    Much or most of the discussion centers on the fact that people don't like it or hate it when you say Jesus is a malakh (messenger/angel) when in fact, the Bible clearly describes him as God's chief messenger. He was sent to the Earth by God to bring us the good news. He is Jehovah's chief malahk. (But, that's another discussion. let's try to keep this one on topic.)

david
    Participant

According to what He told Samuel. SO whats the Point, The point is thought GOD ruled through Leaders His kingdom, it still was no Utopian rule as You think will be in the Kingdom of Jesus and the Saints will be.

–Gene.

I think we're getting somewhere. Is this the reason you reject the scriptures I quoted above in bold:

“and he made us to be a kingdom, priests to his God and Father—yes, to him be the glory and the might forever. Amen.”

“And they sing a new song, saying: “You are worthy to take the scroll and open its seals, because you were slaughtered and with your blood you bought persons for God out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation, and you made them to be a kingdom and priests to our God, and they are to rule as kings over the earth.””

?

david
    Participant

But on being asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God was coming, he answered them . . .

A question was asked by the Pharisees. Jesus “answered THEM” saying:

“The kingdom of God is in your midst.” (New World Translation)
    “For behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst.” (NASB)
    “Because God's kingdom is already among you.” (The Message)
    “For the Kingdom of God is already among you.[a]” (New Living)
    “the kingdom of God is in the midst of you.”[a] (English Standard)
    “the kingdom of God is in the midst of you. (Darby Translation)
    “the kingdom of God is among you.” (holman)
    “God's kingdom is among you.” (New International readers version)
    “because the kingdom of God is in your midst.” [a] (todays new international version)
    “The kingdom of God is among you” (The New English Bible)
    “is in the midst of you.” (The Jerusalem Bible)
    “is in the midst of you.” (Revised Standard Version)
    “God’s royal majesty is among you.” (The Emphatic Diaglott)

Gene, you often use this scripture to support the idea that the kingdom of God is in our hearts, (but you also say that it is not in the hearts of the Pharisees.)
    Gene, since Jesus was ANSWERING a question from the Pharisees, and he was answering it to the Pharisees, how can you both use this scripture as a basis for your belief and at the same time say that he wasn't saying that to the Pharisees?

You can't have it both ways. Either this scripture is proof of the idea that God's kingdom is in the hearts of people (including the Pharisees who Jesus was directly answering/speaking to) or it is not.

I don't know how you can say it doesn't apply to the Pharisees who Jesus was directly answering.

How do you explain that?

david
    Participant

There is indeed coming a “Physical” Kingdom of GOD on this earth but it will be the “SPIRITUAL” Childern of GOD ruling it, the rest are just living in it for a time.

Gene, you have ignored these scriptures countless times.  

Kingdom is a fancy word for government run by a king.

GENE:
    Believes people are “living in” the kingdom for a time.

SCRIPTURES ABOVE:
    People make up the kingdom.

Gene, can you not see the difference?

I'm glad that you say above that people will be ruling the kingdom. So you do understand that. According to the scriptures, they both rule and make up this kingdom. Sounds a lot like a government. A government is “made” up (as the scripture says) of people.

Are these people (the kingdom) going to be inside of other people?

You quote many scriptures that say God is inside of people (in some sense.)
    But God's kingdom is not God. The only scripture you have that is supposed to support this idea, is the one in question, and it most certainly does not support it.

So, why cling to this idea?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

David………..You must not believer GOD Works in our will From the (INSIDE OUT) so it is only natural you can not see Where GOD (TRULY) rules in a persons Life. Your focuses is strictly on the external Physical, But you ignore that Jesus said “Makes the (INSIDE) of the Cup clean so that the outside of it may Be clean also”. GOD'S Rule (IS) SPIRITUAL, and the (ONLY) ONES that are (TRUE) (Members) of that Kingdom are those who Have GOD' S SPIRIT working (IN) them. The only ones who question This < "For the kingdom of GOD comes (WITHOUT) OBSERVATION and is (WITHIN) YOU, is the JW'S and You are a representative of that Cult so you push their belief systems. Just because Jesus and the Saints Rule in (JESUS' ) Kingdom does not mean all they rul over are members of that Kingdom, When Samuel ruled Israel as a Judge for GOD enforcing God's Rule on Israel did not make those Israelites members of God's (TRUE) Kingdom even though GOD was ruling through Samuel. When they reject God as KING over them they Chose another King. This is also true with Jesus and the Saints in the Millennium Period , they are giving Rule, but GOD true Rule Comes at the end of that period of time when He Himself Shall Rule (IN) the Hearts and Minds of (ALL) His subjects. "THAT GOD MAY BE ALL AND IN AND THROUGH ALL" . THE TRUE KINGDOM OF GOD IS WITHIN A PERSON NOT OUTSIDE HIM. The preaching of this so-call Utopian Kingdom of Christ and the Saints , only makes you members feel good and think they are special people as all cults do. The only (true) members of GOD'S Kingdom is Christ and the Saints. Because GOD removes Evil influence from Man and Animals during the Millennium Period does not make all those in it Kingdom people. No more then When Samuel ruled The Kingdom of GOD in Israel made those people members of the Kingdom of GOD. GOD'S Rule is from the (INSIDE) (OUT) of A Person, and the outs side only reflects what is going on in the inside. Jesus was right , the KINGDOM of GOD is WITHIN YOU, trying to twist what Jesus said to fit you JW teachings David is simply wrong. IMO

peace and love……………………..gene

david
    Participant

Gene, we are not talking about God influencing (“ruling” as you say) a person's life. We are talking about God's kingdom, the kingdom that we are told at Daniel 2:44 is going to crush and destroy all other governments. I know that deep down you can see the difference between the two, but you continue to not even acknowledge such scriptures. I assure you that my focus is not only on the Physical, as you claim. BUT, for the purpose of this topic, discerning whether the kingdom of God is something that is inside of people (including the pharisees whom Jesus was directly answering) or whether Jesus was saying that he, as the king, was in their midst, then yes, I am going to focus on what God's kingdom actually is, and what it actually is, is a government run by a king. (That's what the word means, and that's what the vast array of clear scriptures show.) You seem to want to hide the fact that God's kingdom is a real government. It's like you don't want people to know it exists. You are spiritualizing it, to the point where you no longer can comprehend what the clear scriptures say about it. You continue to ignore questions. And you continue to invoke the idea that I am a JW, to persuade people. If I stepped into this conversation right now, I would think that you were hiding something, by not answering those questions. And so, who would I believe?

THE TRUE KINGDOM OF GOD IS WITHIN A PERSON NOT OUTSIDE HIM.

Gene, then I take it you believe the following scriptures are not referring to “the true kingdom of God” as you put it:

DO YOU?

When you look at history, it's interesting to see why people started to give up on God's kingdom (as a real thing), as you have:

The New International Dictionary of New Testament Theology explains: “The doctrine of the immortality of the soul came in to take the place of NT [New Testament] eschatology [the teaching on the “Last Things”] with its hope of the resurrection of the dead and the new creation (Rev. 21 f.), so that the soul receives judgment after death and attains to paradise now thought of as other-worldly.” In other words, apostate Christians thought that the soul survived the body at death and that the blessings of Christ’s Millennial Reign must therefore relate to the spirit realm. They thus transferred Paradise from earth to heaven, which, they believed, the saved soul attains at death. There was, then, no need to watch for Christ’s presence and the coming of his Kingdom, since at death they all hoped to join Christ in heaven.
    Another factor, though, actually made it seem to be pointless to watch for the coming of Christ’s Kingdom. The New Encyclopædia Britannica explains: “The [apparent] delay of the Parousia resulted in a weakening of the imminent expectation in the early church. In this process of ‘de-eschatologizing’ [weakening of the teaching on the “Last Things”], the institutional church increasingly replaced the expected Kingdom of God. The formation of the Catholic Church as a hierarchical institution is directly connected with the declining of the imminent expectation.” (Italics ours.) So not only were millennial blessings transferred from earth to heaven but the Kingdom was shifted from heaven to earth. This “relocation” was completed by Augustine of Hippo (354-430 C.E.). In his famous work The City of God, he stated: “The Church even now is the kingdom of Christ, and the kingdom of heaven.”

After waiting so long, people just gave up, and started to spiritualize the idea of the kingdom of God. But look at the scriptures. (Yes, there are scriptures that says “God” is in you, in some sense. But we're talking about God's government, so that continued reasoning, is invalid.)

Anyway, can you answer my “Do you” question?

david
    Participant

Quote (david @ May 22 2010,12:39)
    But on being asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God was coming, he answered them . . .

A question was asked by the Pharisees.  Jesus “answered THEM” saying:

“For behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst.”  (NASB)
    “the kingdom of God is in the midst of you.  (Darby Translation)
    “because the kingdom of God is in your midst.” [a] (todays new international version)

Gene, you often use this scripture to support the idea that the kingdom of God is in our hearts, (but you also say that it is not in the hearts of the Pharisees.)
    Gene, since Jesus was ANSWERING a question from the Pharisees, and he was answering it to the Pharisees, how can you both use this scripture as a basis for your belief and at the same time say that he wasn't saying that to the Pharisees?

You can't have it both ways.  Either this scripture is proof of the idea that God's kingdom is in the hearts of people (including the Pharisees who Jesus was directly answering/speaking to) or it is not.

I don't know how you can say it doesn't apply to the Pharisees who Jesus was directly answering.

How do you explain that?

Gene, can you answer the question I put in bold?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ May 23 2010,03:41)
    But you ignore that Jesus said “Makes the (INSIDE) of the Cup clean so that the outside of it may Be clean also”.

Hi Gene,

This lesson from Jesus doesn't have to do with God's Kingdom, does it?  

IMO, it has more to do with what Jesus said about eating without washing hands in Matt 16,

17″Don't you see that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and then out of the body? 18But the things that come out of the mouth come from the heart, and these make a man 'unclean.' 19For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. 20These are what make a man 'unclean'; but eating with unwashed hands does not make him 'unclean.' “

I think he was saying the Pharisees looked all clean and fancy and righteous on the outside, but were filled with greed on the inside.

Matt 23 says,

25″Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence. 26Blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and dish, and then the outside also will be clean.

peace and love,
    mike

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mike………God rules from with in a His (TRUE) Kingdom is within a person. His (TRUE) Subjects are those who have Him Living and ruling (IN) them. As far as His kingdom goes The whole World is under GOD Rule and domain it alway has been From it's very beginning and even Now is.

Dan 4:32 And they shall drive you from men, and thy dwelling shall be with the beasts of the field: the shall make thee to eat grass as oxen , and seven times shall pass over you, until you know that , THE MOST HIGH RULES IN THE KINGDOM OF MEN, AND GIVES IT TO WHOM HE WILL.

Dan 4:34…> And at the end of the days I Nebuchadnezzar lifted up mine eyes unto heaven and mine understanding returned unto me, and i blessed the most High , and I praised and Honored him that lives forever, WHOSE DOMINION IS AN EVERLASTING DOMINION, AND HIS (KINGDOM) IS FROM (GENERATION TO GENERATION).

Dan 4: 35….> And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he does according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

Mike and David think about this. GOD is even (NOW) Ruling HIS CREATION. Even in what He Allows fore his own reasons , But His true Subject are those who Have HIS HOLY SPIRIT SEED (IN) them they are the childern of the kingdom.. Jesus said it right “THE KINGDOM OF GOD COMES (NOT) WITH OBSERVATION , IT IS WITHIN YOU. He was NOT telling the Pharisees that the kingdom of GOD was (IN) them at all but was simply explaining to them where the Kingdom of GOD rules. IMO

peace and love ………………….gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (david @ May 22 2010,12:39)

A question was asked by the Pharisees.  Jesus “answered THEM” saying:

“For behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst.”  (NASB)
    “the kingdom of God is in the midst of you.  (Darby Translation)

You can't have it both ways.  Either this scripture is proof of the idea that God's kingdom is in the hearts of people (including the Pharisees who Jesus was directly answering/speaking to) or it is not.

How do you explain that?

David ……..Who is having it both ways, Jesus was just explaining to the Pharisees Where the Kingdom of GOD Rules, it rules within a person , He was not saying (THEY) at that time Had that kingdom ruling (IN) them. Your forcing the text to meet a false teaching. IMO.

peace and love……………………gene

david
    Participant

I don't know how I am forcing the text. “the Pharisees” “asked” Jesus a question. “he answered THEM.”
    So, why wouldn't someone think Jesus was speaking to the Pharisees?

Is it to protect your idea about God's kingdom not being a real government?
    Is that the same reason you fail to even ever comment on the many scriptures I point out that portray the kingdom (governement ruled by a king) that way?

david
    Participant

“For behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst.” (NASB)
    “the kingdom of God is in the midst of you. (Darby Translation)

Gene, are the vast majority of Bible translations wrong for this verse? Consider that even the 2 Bibles you quote have marginal references that support the other translations. Are those translations wrong?

Gene, you are in a bad position:

1. You continue to ignore the vast majority of Bible translations and also ignore the marginal references in the 2 Bibles that support you.
    2. You ignore the context. (Jesus was “answering” the “Pharisees” question. How else can that be taken?)
    3. You completely ignore the many scriptures that speak of God's kingdom as a real government. They are written in simple language. This is why you must completely ignore them and not even acknowledge their existence.

Given these things, why should others buy what you are proposing? All you continue to do is mention that God is in all. (Wrong subject matter my friend.) And at the end of many of your posts, you tie a little bow on it, stating that it is because I'm a JW that I believe wrong things. Is that your idea of solid argumentation? Until you at least start acknowledging that 1,2 and 3 exist, why should we buy your down playing of God's kingdom as a real government?

Kingdom: (wordnet)
    1: a domain in which something is dominant; “the untroubled kingdom of reason”; “a land of make-believe”; “the rise of the realm of cotton in the south” [syn: {land}, {realm}]

2: a country with a king as head of state

3: the domain ruled by a king or queen [syn: {realm}]

4: a monarchy with a king or queen as head of state

5: one of seven biological categories: Monera or Protoctista or Plantae or Fungi or Animalia

6: a basic group of natural objects

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 92 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account