John 3 Born Again

Viewing 20 posts - 421 through 440 (of 520 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

Was Jesus born again according tour teaching?

Jodi
    Participant

Hi t8,

YES JESUS was born again according to scripture,

John 1:32 And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him45 Philip findeth Nathanael, and saith unto him, We have found him, of whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph...49 Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel. 50 Jesus answered and said unto him, Because I said unto thee, I saw thee under the fig tree, believest thou? thou shalt see greater things than these. 51 And he saith unto him,Verily, verily, I say unto you, Hereafter ye shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man.

2 Samuel 7:2 And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom. 13 He shall build an house for my name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom for ever. 14 I will be his father, and he shall be my son.

John 3:1 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews: 2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him. 3 Jesus answered and said unto him,Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. 4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother’s womb, and be born? 5 Jesus answered,Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

..34 For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him. 

Jesus, the Son of Man, was born of water and of the Spirit at the river Jordan, God GAVE him His Spirit without measure unto him. Jesus, as the offspring of Jesse, as was promised, he received the Spirit of Wisdom, Understanding, Council and Might, Knowledge and Fear of the LORD.

t8, when Nathanael called Jesus the Son of God IT WAS ACCORDING to PROPHECY in regards to God’s WORD given to David concerning David’s son who would be an eternal king.

Matthew 15:22 And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.

Jesus is seen as a Lord for being the Son of David, which is according to prophecy. God had promised that the son of Jesse, the son of David, God would rest His Spirit upon him and he would have the power to heal. Jesus is NOT a lord because he pre-existed, he is a lord because he is prophecy fulfilled, God’s word made true in the flesh, David’s son begotten by God’s Spirit receiving the power to heal, and thus seen as a master through his powers. 

Matthew 20:30 And, behold, two blind men sitting by the way side, when they heard that Jesus passed by, cried out, saying, Have mercy on us, O Lord, thou Son of David.

Matthew 21:15 And when the chief priests and scribes saw the wonderful things that he did, and the children crying in the temple, and saying, Hosanna to the Son of David; they were sore displeased,

The son of David was promised to become the Son of God, he would do wonderful things because God begat him with His Spirit, the Spirit ABODE upon him and he was sent out to heal, perform signs and miracles. 

Matthew 10:47 And when he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out, and say, Jesus, thou Son of David, have mercy on me.

Acts 2:21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved. 22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know: 23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain: 24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it. 25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:

Acts 22:6 And it came to pass, that, as I made my journey, and was come nigh unto Damascus about noon, suddenly there shone from heaven a great light round about me. 7 And I fell unto the ground, and heard a voice saying unto me,Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? 8 And I answered, Who art thou, Lord? And he said unto me, I am Jesus of Nazareth, whom thou persecutest.

Acts 10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

t8, Jesus is NOT some pre-existing anointed spirit who became a man. Jesus is the son of David from Nazareth who God ANOINTED, to anoint (chrio) becoming The Anointed (Christos).

WHY we read in Luke 1,

30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. 31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. 32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: 33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and PROPHESIED, saying, 68 Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people, 69 And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David; 70 As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:71 That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us; 72 To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant; 73 The oath which he sware to our father Abraham, 

God’s WORD since the world began was salvation through David’s son, salvation through an oath God swore to Abraham concerning his seed. God’s word is NOT God sending an anointed spirit son, God’s word is sending Jesus of Nazareth who God anointed and then sent out into the world. WHY Paul says that Jesus is the Son of God according to the Spirit. WHY Paul says that the Son of God is the perfect MAN, WHY Paul says that the Son of God IS the firstborn of many brethren. 

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

T8……those arn’t  “Jodie’s teachings”, they are what is written in you bible,  word for word. That your problem T8 you have not checked them out to even know, what we are saying  is even in your bible,  that is why you will never change your mind and grow in truth and understanding .  You have simply stagnated yourself, the same as others here have,  if yo u were of t h e truth you would easely understand and be rejoicing in the truth about Jesus, our lord and even better out brother.

Peace and love to you and yours. ………..gene

Ed J
    Participant

Hi,

Jodi and Gene got Jesus as a servant who finds his way into God’s good graces
    – which he then calls a son, and then Jesus brings all other servants into
    God’s house because he was let into God’s house??? Odd doctrine???

12:1 And he began to speak unto them by parables. A certain man planted a vineyard,
    and set an hedge about it, and digged a place for the winefat, and built a tower, and
    let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country. 2 And at the season he sent
    to the husbandmen a servant, that he might receive from the husbandmen of the fruit
    of the vineyard. 3 And they caught him, and beat him, and sent him away empty.
    4 And again he sent unto them nother servant; and at him they cast stones,
    and wounded him in the head, and sent him away shamefully handled. 5 And again
    he sent another; and him they killed, and many others; beating some, and killing some.
    6 Having yet therefore one son, his wellbeloved, he sent him also last unto them, saying,
    They will reverence my son. 7 But those husbandmen said among themselves, This is
    the heir; come, let us kill him, and the inheritance shall be ours. 8 And they took him,
    and killed him, and cast him out of the vineyard. 9 What shall therefore the lord of the
    vineyard do? he will come and destroy the husbandmen, and will give the vineyard unto others.
    10 And have ye not read this scripture; The stone which the builders rejected is become
    the head of the corner?: 11 This was the LORD’s doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes!
    (Mark 12:1-11)

Hi

It is clear to Everyone here that Jodi and Gene do not see what Jesus is claiming of himself.
    Laboring in the field had nothing to do with Jesus being God’s Son, God the Father conceived

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Edj…..why not address the scripture we “quote” over and over and over, instead of comming off the wall and make statements that does not address anything we are saying?   Is it because you are unable to?

We are presenting the real and true Jesus of scriptures, a Son of Man who became a son of God exactly as we must do,or have you forgotten his word to us,  about him being the way, and again, all those who are lead by the Spirit “are” sons of God”,  we do not seperate ourselves from our likeness to Jesus our lord and better yet our brother we are one with him in  who he is and what he does.

You people on the other hand preach a “Doctrine of Seperation “, the same as nearly all christendom does. You people are in the wide way, that leads to destruction.

Peace and love to you and yours ……….gene

Truthcomber
    Participant

Yea Edj,, Jodi and Gene would have us believe that Christ was an ordinary man that pleased God and received the holy spirit at Jordan. How amazing that he had not sinned even though he was just a man like us who God took a fancy to at the age of around thirty. . God said all man have sinned and are liars. But Jodi and Gene do not see the contradiction between the scriptures and yes, their super weird beliefs,  nor can see.

The seed of David came through his mother Mary. They cannot tell us who the biological father of Jesus was, if he was a man just like us.

They cannot explain this verse:

Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Jodi and Gene also believe that the Messiah became a flesh and bone man after his resurrection—no blood. Very, very weird and pathetic.

Truthcomber
    Participant

Then like a parrot that repeats themselves, they try to hypnotize their audience with their propaganda and false beliefs.  How demonic.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Truthcomber. …..Why not deal with the scriptures we quote from scripture, rather then just act like they do not exist?  Here’s one you can explain to us what it means,  Jesus said this,  “that they might know “you” the “Only” True God, and Jesus Christ who you have sent”.  Scriptures that say , the son of man can do “nothing” of himself “.  

More….Psa 89:3-4….I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn unto David my servant, 4, “Thy seed” will I establish forever, and build up your throne forever. 

Jesus as a servant of God….Isa 42: 1…..Behold my “servant” whom I uphold mine elect, in whom my soul delights; I have put my “Spirit” upon him, : he shall bring forth judgement to the Gentiles. Read all the way down to verse 9,  and let us know who “that servant” was.

Here’s another for you people to twist,  Isa 52: 13. …..“behold, my “servant”, shall deal prudently, he shall be exalted and extolled, and be very high. Read also version 14 and 15  and come back and tell us who that “servant” was.

Bottom  line is you people haven’t a clue who the real Jesus is.  The Jesus you people preach is a satanic made false God who you “worship” as your God, but the only  real God is he who “the man”  Jesus,  our lord, “worshiped, obeyed and served ” . You are idolaters and preach Jesus as a God and worship him as such.  But we have “only” one God, and one mediator between that God and men, “the man” Jesus the anointed one.  We believe “the son of man” shall return , you believe a God shall return,   we believe he shall return “exactly as he left”,  you believe he will return as a Spirit.

We worship the one and only true God, as Jesus did, you worship a man made God.  We shall see who is right , the  God of 2THS 2. is your God,  whom Jesus himself, by his very own mouth will abolish at his return, then you will know there is and always was only “one” true God.  Who Jesus worshiped as his father and “our” father as his God and “our” God.

Peace and love to you and yours. ……….gene

Truthcomber
    Participant

Gene,

I and others have dwelt and shown you and Jodi your false interpretations of these many times.  You just don’t see them as if they had never existed and we have never asked.  It is amazing that you keep coming back with the same nonsense.  So, you answer these below which I have asked Jodi to answer which she and you just have:

1. The seed of David came through his mother Mary. Who then is the biological father of Jesus was, if he was a man just like us.  Clearly Joseph was not.
    2. Explain this verse: Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
    carmel
    Participant

Hi, TC, AND ALL.

YOU: The Messiah is the SPIRIT OF TRUTH.

1John5:6 This is he that came by water and blood, Jesus Christ: not by water only but by water and blood.

And it is the Spirit which testifieth that

CHRIST IS THE TRUTH.

The true God on earth, for the pleasure of the Father.

YOU: The Messiah or the humanity in God is led 100% by the holy spirit. The holy spirit (holy mind of God) and his human mind are one person and one spirit since the Messiah’s ascension into heaven.

100% RIGHT  TC.

ALLOW ME IN FULL HUMILITY BE MORE SPECIFIC AND ELABORATE!

Thanks to the Holy Spirit who enlightened me!

And I hope it will be clear enough!

“THE WORD” Jesus’ FLESH, THE SON OF MAN, IS THE HEART OF GOD,

THE HEART OF THE CHURCH.

THE HEART OF THE KINGDOM OF THE SON.

THE HOLY GHOST IS THE MIND OF GOD,

THE SOUL OF THE CHURCH.

THE SOUL OF THE KINGDOM OF THE SON.

THE FATHER IS THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST, THE SPIRIT OF GOD,

THE SPIRIT OF THE KINGDOM OF THE SON.

These are mentioned in

1John 5: 7And there are Three who give testimony in heaven,

the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost. And these three are one.

In Jesus Christ the embodiment of

THE KINGDOM OF THE SON! ALL IN HIM……

This is evidently predicted in

Jeremiah 32:41 And I will REJOICE over THEM, when

I shall do them GOOD: and

I will plant them ( ESTABLISH the human race, ALL SOULS) 

in this land (in the EMBODIMENT of CHRIST)

in TRUTH,

(JESUS CHRIST, THE SPIRIT of THE KINGDOM OF THE SON) with my

WHOLE heart, ( in “THE WORD”, THE FLESH aspect of the kingdom of the Son) and with

ALL my soul. (in THE HOLY GHOST, THE SOUL aspect of the kingdom of the Son)

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

Anthony
    Participant

Hi tuthcomber

Good post to Gene, they skip over simple scriptures, they know. There Father thai full of lies is guiding them.

Jesus Christ has no biological father they can’t accept these truth.

God bless 🙏

Jodi
    Participant

Hi TC,

YOU:

The seed of David came through his mother Mary. Who then is the biological father of Jesus was, if he was a man just like us. Clearly Joseph was not.Explain this verse: Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

ME:

Just as God can take a barren woman and make her womb fruitful, He can MOST CERTAINLY give Mary’s egg the chromosomes needed to combine with her egg to produce a HUMAN. If you have just her egg and not the other needed human chromosomes then you DO NOT HAVE a HUMAN, and Jesus IS a human according to both the OT and NT. 

1 The book of the generation (Genesis /ORIGIN) of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham. 2 Abraham begat Isaac; and Isaac begat Jacob; and Jacob begat Judas..15 And Eliud begat Eleazar; and Eleazar begat Matthan; and Matthan begat Jacob; 16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ. 17 So all the generations from Abraham to David are fourteen generations; and from David until the carrying away into Babylon are fourteen generations; and from the carrying away into Babylon unto Christ are fourteen generations (Genea/fathered begotten). 

CHRIST is a HUMAN who was MADE out of/FROM the seed of JOSEPH, making him a son of David and a Son of Abraham. Jesus was begotton/fathered by the SEED of JOSEPH, you are DIRECTLY TOLD this TC.

God is not a LIAR TC, but you are working very hard to make Him into one. God promised a HUMAN would come forth who He would THEN call to righteousness and direct all his ways, and raise him up to sit on his father David’s throne. God promised David that he would be a Father to his son. You first have to have a human son from David’s seed, a Son of Man, THEN you have God make that Son of Man into His own Son. This is exactly what the word of God says.

How about we look at more than JUST one VERSE out of Isaiah 9 TC,

1 Nevertheless the dimness shall not be such as was in her vexation, when at the first he lightly afflicted the land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali, and afterward did more grievously afflict her by the way of the sea, beyond Jordan, in Galilee of the nations. 2 The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined.

Matthew 4:13 And leaving Nazareth, he came and dwelt in Capernaum, which is upon the sea coast, in the borders of Zabulon and Nephthalim: 14 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, 15 The land of Zabulon, and the land of Nephthalim, by the way of the sea, beyond Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles; 16 The people which sat in darkness saw great light; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up. 17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. 

NOW how is it TC that Jesus is able to preach? BECAUSE God GAVE Jesus the Spirit not by measure, because God fulfilled Isaiah 61 in the Son of Man named Jesus, the son of Jesse. FIRST you have the son of Jesse THEN you have God rest His Spirit upon him, an ANOINTING, and THEN you have this Son of Man made into God’s Son ACCORDING to the Spirit, and that Son is sent out into the world beginning his preaching in Galilee. You likewise have Isaiah 42 fulfilled, as the son of Jesse is called to righteousness for to be a LIGHT. The people beheld the glory of Jesus as that LIGHT, NOT because he pre-existed, not because he was born a God Man, but because a HUMAN, the Son of Man (Jesse) was called to righteousness. 

Isaiah 9:3 Thou hast multiplied the nation, and not increased the joy: they joy before thee according to the joy in harvest, and as men rejoice when they divide the spoil. 4 For thou hast broken the yoke of his burden, and the staff of his shoulder, the rod of his oppressor, as in the day of Midian. 5 For every battle of the warrior is with confused noise, and garments rolled in blood; but this shall be with burning and fuel of fire. 6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God (el, SAME word used for false gods, and mighty men), The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. 7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

TC, a son is born, a son is given, the son God promised would come from the fruit of David’s loins, who God would be a Father to, who God promised He would give His Spirit of Council and Might to. EXACTLY why beyond VERSE 6 you READ directly that this passage is speaking OF David’s son who God had promised He would give an eternal throne to. How does this king establish judgment? NOT because he was born a God Man, but because he is the HUMAN who God promised He would rest His Spirit upon, call to righteousness for to be a judge, not judging with his own eyes and ears but judging through God directing all His ways by giving him of His Spirit of Understanding and Wisdom.

TC Jesus was DEAD, he was raised being given the PROMISED Holy Spirit, he received the mercies God promised to David. Directly told to you in Acts. This is why Paul tells us that the son of David is God’s Son according to the Spirit with power by his resurrection from the dead. This is why Acts tells you that Psalms 2 was fulfilled. 

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Anthony,

But you deny clear given scripture that says that Jesus is biologically the son of Joseph.

1 The book of the generation (Genesis /ORIGIN) of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham. 2 Abraham begat Isaac; and Isaac begat Jacob; and Jacob begat Judas..15 And Eliud begat Eleazar; and Eleazar begat Matthan; and Matthan begat Jacob; 16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ. 17 So all the generations from Abraham to David are fourteen generations; and from David until the carrying away into Babylon are fourteen generations; and from the carrying away into Babylon unto Christ are fourteen generations (Genea/fathered, begotten). 

HOW perfect, God fulfills His sign spoken in Isaiah 7, of a virgin birth so that the house of David would know that God is not a liar but keeps His promise. There is no need to weary men and have no faith that God does not keep His promises concerning the HUMAN that was to be born of David’s seed and be an eternal king. God gave a SIGN a virgin birth so that David’s seed could be identified. Jesus is of David’s seed because of Joseph. We are directly told that Jesus was begotton/fathered/came into existence by Joseph’s seed and Mary’s egg. What an EASY miracle for God to perform. 

Isaiah 7:6 Let us go up against Judah, and vex it, and let us make a breach therein for us, and set a king in the midst of it, even the son of Tabeal: 7 Thus saith the Lord GOD, It shall not stand, neither shall it come to pass…13 And he said, Hear ye now, O house of David; Is it a small thing for you to weary men, but will ye weary my God also? 14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel. 

Luke 1:27 To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin’s name was Mary….31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. 32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: 33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end. 

What does Mary say, pay attention, she doesn’t go off about how she is impregnated with a God Man, or go on to talk about the pre-existence of her child, she goes on to speak of prophecy and what God spoke to the fathers concerning how God would bring forth salvation.

Luke 1:46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord, 47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour. 48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed. 49 For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name. 50 And his mercy is on them that fear him from generation to generation. 51 He hath shewed strength with his arm; he hath scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts. 52 He hath put down the mighty from their seats, and exalted them of low degree. 53 He hath filled the hungry with good things; and the rich he hath sent empty away. 54 He hath holpen his servant Israel, in remembrance of his mercy; 55 As he spake to our fathers, to Abraham, and to his seed for ever.

Psalms 107:8 Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men! 9 For he satisfieth the longing soul, and filleth the hungry soul with goodness. 10 Such as sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, being bound in affliction and iron; 11 Because they rebelled against the words of God, and contemned the counsel of the most High: 12 Therefore he brought down their heart with labour; they fell down, and there was none to help. 13 Then they cried unto the LORD in their trouble, and he saved them out of their distresses. 14 He brought them out of darkness and the shadow of death, and brake their bands in sunder. 15 Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men! 16 For he hath broken the gates of brass, and cut the bars of iron in sunder.

Isaiah 49:8 Thus saith the LORD, In an acceptable time have I heard thee, and in a day of salvation have I helped thee: and I will preserve thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, to establish the earth, to cause to inherit the desolate heritages; 9 That thou mayest say to the prisoners, Go forth; to them that are in darkness, Shew yourselves. They shall feed in the ways, and their pastures shall be in all high places. 10 They shall not hunger nor thirst; neither shall the heat nor sun smite them: for he that hath mercy on them shall lead them, even by the springs of water shall he guide them.

How did God do this?

Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, 19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

TRULY the Son of Man, the Son of Jesse was SENT to save that which was lost, for he had been ANOINTED with God’s Spirit at the river Jordan and then he was SENT out to deliver the captives. 

Anthony
    Participant

Hi Jodi

Your wrong, we been through this before and I’m not going through this again with you. Jesus Christ has no biological father,  God is His Father

May God save you 🙏

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To all……if you don’t see Jesus as a human being, you simply do not see the real Jesus . If you preach him as different (humanly speaking)  then we are and have turned him into your God and worship him as such, you are an, idolatry,  and will suffer lose at his return,  2thes2.  Read it carefully because you are one of them who has turned the “man” Jesus into your God ,  turning the “image” of him into that of a man of sin. “You shall have no other God “besides me”,  says our God. 

Tell us this does this sounď like a God to you , 1 Cor 15:28…..and when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also “himself” be subject unto him, (GOD) , that put all all things under him, THAT GOD MAY BE ALL IN ALL. 

That sure does not sound like the Son himself,  is a God, to me.

Peace and love to you and yours. ……..gene

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Anthony,

I am just giving exactly what scripture says, 

1 The book of the generation (Genesis /ORIGIN) of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham. 2 Abraham begat Isaac;…16 And Jacob begat Joseph, the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ. 17 So all the generations from Abraham to David are fourteen generations; and from David until the carrying away into Babylon are fourteen generations; and from the carrying away into Babylon unto Christ are fourteen generations (Genea/fathered, begotten). 

Anthony, God promised a Messiah FROM the HOUSE OF DAVID, here you have Joseph from the house of David where you are being directly told Christ’s GENESIS comes from Joseph’s seed, and that Joseph is betrothed to Mary.

Now if it were not for the fact that God said He was going to raise up a son from the house of David through a SIGN of a virgin birth, then the scriptures that followed would have told us that Joseph and Mary came together and Mary conceived the promised Messiah. BUT God promised a SIGN by a virgin birth, so we see the Genesis of Christ, the seed of Joseph being conceived in Mary through the power of God’s Holy Spirit. 

You don’t believe God’s word that the conception of Jesus was for a SIGN to the House of David Anthony, you FULLY IGNORE God’s direct word. You change the conception from a SIGN into something different entirely, and you make God a LIAR. A HUMAN of the seed of David was promised to come. You likewise make Matthew into a LIAR, as Matthew tells you directly the GENESIS of Christ comes from Joseph, that Christ IS begotten, fathered by him, according to his seed.  

The SIGN was ALL about God giving the House of David away to clearly identify the birth of the son of David who was promised to be their eternal king, their savior.

The GENESIS of CHRIST comes from Joseph’s SEED who is of the seed of David, Jesse, and Abraham, and God brought that seed forth through a SIGN, through the power of God’s Holy Spirit, having Joseph’s betrothed wife conceive without them having come together yet. 

Anthony, I believe in God’s WORD and I believe in the power of His Spirit. 

Jodi
    Participant

To ALL,

Mark 1:1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God; 2 As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee…

..9 And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized of John in Jordan. 10 And straightway coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him: 11 And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased…

..14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, 15 And saying,The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel… 

27 And they were all amazed, insomuch that they questioned among themselves, saying, What thing is this? what new doctrine is this? for with authority commandeth he even the unclean spirits, and they do obey him. 28 And immediately his fame spread abroad throughout all the region round about Galilee.

People beheld the glory of the one who had God rest His Spirit upon him, an anointing, who was sent out TO PREACH, TO HEAL, TO DELIVER CAPTIVES. People didn’t behold his glory because he was born a God Man, people beheld his glory as a man who God rested His Spirit and the powers thereof upon.

The Son of God as it is written in prophecy, not a Son according to the imagination of men, not a Son according to being a spirit son coming down and entering Mary’s womb to be a one of a kind creature, not a Son according to new mysteries given in the NT, A Son of God ACCORDING TO PROPHECY. 

Isaiah 61: The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; 2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;

2 Samuel 7:12 And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom. 13 He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever. 14 I will be his father, and he shall be my son.

Not a Son by being born a one of a kind being, Not a Son by pre-existing. A Son of God according to a promise given to the seed of David. God would be a Father unto David’s seed. Those who are LED by the Spirit of God are the Sons of God.

Isaiah 42:6 I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles; 7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house. 8 I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

Matthew 3:15 And Jesus answering said unto him,Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him. 16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: 17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

1 John 3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. 8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. 9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 

God’s WORD is clear,

God promised to CALL a MAN to righteousness, He would DIRECT ALL his ways, this is how the Son of God was manifested. Jesus was BORN again at the river Jordan when the Spirit descended and came to abode upon him, God declared “This is my beloved Son”. God would hold his hand and keep him in all of God’s ways, God’s Spirit would not leave him, as the Son of God was manifested to destroy the works of the devil. 

John 16:31 Jesus answered them,Do ye now believe? 32 Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me. 33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

carmel
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

YOU: 1John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for

HIS SEED

remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Can you explain

WHAT KIND OF AND WHOSE SEED IS? in the above verse?

Genesis 3:15 I will put enmities between thee and the woman,

and thy SEED and

HER SEED:

In the above verse

Can you again  explain

WHAT KIND OF AND WHOSE SEEDS ARE?

Jeremiah33:26 Surely I will also cast off

the seed of Jacob, and of David my servant,

so as not to take any of

HIS SEED

to be rulers of the seed of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob:

for I will bring back their captivity, and will have mercy on them.

Can you again  explain

WHAT KIND OF AND WHOSE SEED IS?

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

Truthcomber
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

You just went berserk again. You have just tried to smother the truth with a whole bunch of words instead of getting to the point. You used your  shot gun approach hoping that some things would somehow stick and maybe gel. You went one thousand miles away from what we were talking about.

I had asked a simple question that Gene and you should have been able to answer. I did not need a tirade of words by you to try to answer it. Yes, you attempted to answer one question but did not do so in light of the other question. Both questions go together and the truth of the matter should be closer within reach if you had. But you hadn’t. A lot of words were written by you, but the truth was absent. To refresh your memory the questions are these two. You  had avoided the second question of the sited Isa 9:6 entirely,

1, The seed of David came through his mother Mary. Who then is the biological father of Jesus was, if he was a man just like us. Clearly Joseph was not.

2. Explain this verse: Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Jodi, you had not explain why God had to provide the seed of David through outside of a direct sexual union between Mary and Joseph and wait till they were man and wife first. You claim that the genes of Joseph was created outside of this union between man. If God was to do this, wouldn’t it be more reasonable to create the genes of David himself, and not Joseph and unite it with the egg of Mary. Then the Messiah would have been a direct descendant of David.

Questions in the pass she had still not answered to this day. How can Christ have been born holy and not have received the holy spirit until Jordon?

Luke 1:35 (NIV) The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the HOLY ONE to be born will be called the Son of God.

https://biblehub.com/interlinear/luke/1-35.htm

You claims that Christ received the holy spirit at Jordan and was just a man that had not sinned although he you claim that had both the genes of Joseph indirectly and Mary directly. You quote this verse in support of her error.

Luke 3:22 And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.

Mark 1:10 And straightway coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him: 11 And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Me: So, you  believe that the Messiah became the son of God by the spirit of God descending UPON Christ and not being in Christ at birth in Luke 1:35. Somehow the mind of God was mysterious in Christ by being on him—maybe through osmosis?

2 Cor 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Me: God is surely in Christians. He must have been in Christ also.

So does the phrase “ thou art my beloved Son: IN thee I am well pleased” at Jordan seems to Jodi to indicate that the Messiah was the son of God at this point and that he had first received the holy spirit on him. But Luke 3:22 seems to indicate that God was IN Christ first and was well pleased with his performance and then was upon him to guide his paths. For the Messiah’s human mind and heart had grown in its bond with the spirit mind of his Father.

But this phrase is repeated later in Matt 17 we find God praising his son once more.  Did Christ become the son of God a second time.

Matt 17:5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.

Me: Did Christ receive the holy once again just to make sure he has it?

Luke 4:9 For it is written, He shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee:

Me: God would guide Christ’ path with the help of angels; That is when “God being on someone”  This is the seal of God.

Truthcomber
    Participant

Hi All,

God expresses himself fully as the spirit mind of the Messiah in the Messiah.

John 14:7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

Me: Our Father who is in heaven expressed his full self in his son that was here on earth.

World English Bible
    John 1:18 No one has seen (3708. horaó: pecieved) (1 Timothy 6:16) God at any time. The (3439. monogenés: only unique) one and only Son, who IS in the bosom of the Father, he has declared him.
    https://biblehub.com/interlinear/john/1-18.htm

1 Tim 6:61 (NIV) who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen (me:seen and perceived) or can see. To him be honor and might forever. Amen

Me: “No one” in John 1:18 includes the holy angels.

John 3:13 (NKJV) No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who IS in heaven.

Me: So, if no one has seen or perceived God at any time, including the present and future, but if Christ has seen or perceived God, then Christ must be one with God (John 10:30) and together with his father is God.

Romans 4:17 (As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.

Me: Yes, the Messiah had been crucified (Romans 13:8), resurrected and glorified in the mind of God as if it already had happened before the Messiah’s existence in our time. But also in John 1:18 above, the son who was here on earth and was in the Father who was in heaven as much as the Father was  in heaven was in his son who was here on earth.

John 10:30 I and my Father are one.

Viewing 20 posts - 421 through 440 (of 520 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account