John 3 Born Again

Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 520 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

T8……who has said Jesus is a “mere”man?  What we are saying is, JESUS IN THE SENSE OF HIS “HUMANITY”, IS A ORDINARY HUMAN BEING, JUST AS WE ARE, another words a FLESH BORN HUMAN being,  As far as his status or position goes,  he is at the highest level that a human being could ever aspire to.  We teach he was a human being “perfected”, by God the Fathers anointing spirit,  which we can also be. We teach him as the perfect human being and we are to grow by the spirit of God to attain  to the full measure and stature of Christ.   We do not move him away from our own humanity as a flesh born human,  as they and you do.

You along with the trinitarians preach a preexisting being of somekind as pertaining to you,  and a preexisting God to them.  

If you had been really reading Jodi and my posts you would know that by now. Show us where what we have said is wrong T8,  let’s descuss it.

Peace and love to you and yours. ………..gene

Jodi
    Participant

t8,

You say Jesus is a one of a kind being, no scripture says that. Scripture says repeatedly that Jesus IS an Adam, a HUMAN BEING, that he IS the BEN of ADAM.

This BEN of ADAM, this ADAM/HUMAN BEING, HE is called God’s only begotten Son. As a human of which he calls himself to be, he says that he was anointed and sent from God, he does not say that he pre-existed as the Christ and became a one of a kind being. He says he is a human who God rested his Spirit upon, an anointing, and was sent by God out into the world. 

3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh; 4 And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

Luke 1:31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. 32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: 33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Acts 13:22 And when he hadremoved him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whomalso he gave testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will. 23 Of this man’s seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:

Psalm 89:3 I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn unto David my servant, 4 Thy seed will I establish for ever, and build up thy throne to all generations. Selah….19 Then thou spakest in vision to thy holy one, and saidst, I have laid help upon one that is mighty; I have exalted one chosen out of the people.
    20 I have found David my servant; with my holy oil have I anointed him:
    21 With whom my hand shall be established: mine arm also shall strengthen him.22 The enemy shall not exact upon him; nor the son of wickedness afflict him. 23 And I will beat down his foes before his face, and plague them that hate him. 24 But my faithfulness and my mercy shall be with him: and in my name shall his horn be exalted. 25 I will set his hand also in the sea, and his right hand in the rivers. 26 He shall cry unto me, Thou art my father, my God, and the rock of my salvation. 27 Also I will make him my firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth. 28 My mercy will I keep for him for evermore, and my covenant shall stand fast with him. 29 His seed also will I make to endure for ever, and his throne as the days of heaven. 

Acts 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; 31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption. 32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

t8, does the Kingdom of God and the Kingdom of Heaven mean the SAME thing? Yes it does.

Jesus declares that he is a BEN of ADAM and says that God is with him, God is in him, God anointed him, God sent him. He also declares that he can do nothing of himself, that he is taught by God, that the works that he does are not his, that he does not his will but that of God’s. Jesus says that the deeds and words that he speaks are not his, they are God’s, that he, the anointed Ben of Adam, came in the name of God. Jesus is God’s messenger, he came from heaven which means the same thing as he came from God. Through Jesus people were able to know of the One True God, they were able to hear from the One True God, see the works of the One True God. Jesus came to the people not being FROM the world, he came FROM heaven, FROM GOD, to do the works of God and speak the words of God. 

Isaiah 45:12 I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded. 13 I have raised him up in righteousness, and I will direct all his ways: he shall build my city, and he shall let go my captives.

Matthew 3:15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfill all righteousness. Then he suffered him. 16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

Isaiah 42:1 Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles…. 5 Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein: 6 I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles; 7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.

Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, 19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

God’s WORD spoken by the prophet coming true in the flesh of Jesus, the prophet spoke of an anointing of a human, and Jesus was that human. God’s WORD given to Isaiah became true in the flesh of Jesus, that is a biblical fact t8. 

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

4 And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about. 15 And he taught in their synagogues, being glorified of all. 18.The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted.

A pre-existing, only begotten of the Father, did not become flesh and dwell among the people being full of grace and truth.

God’s prophecy, His WORD of what would take place in the future became true in the flesh of the human Jesus. This is a biblical FACT t8.

God’s WORD was that a HUMAN would have God’s Spirit in fullness and power rest upon him, an anointing, given the Spirit of Wisdom, Understanding, Council and Might, he would preach the TRUTH and be of GRACE because he had been anointed, he had been begotten by God’s Spirit, so that he could PREACH God’s Gospel, heal and deliver captives. The WORD of God became true in the flesh of Jesus, people were witness to the prophecy of Isaiah being fulfilled in the human of flesh Jesus. 

NOW t8, tell me specifically what I have said is WRONG in anyway, SPECIFICALLY using the scriptures that I gave and discussing those scriptures. 

Jodi
    Participant

t8,

Tell me what is not true, 

God declared the END from the Beginning. He gave the ENDING to the prophets of the OT and He gave that same ending we read in the NT. 

This is OF the given ending, it speaks of the ending,

Isaiah 11:1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots: 2 And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD; 3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears: 4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked. 5 And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins. 6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them. 7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox. 8 And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice’ den. 9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea. 10 And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.

THIS ENDING declared by the WORD of God from the beginning contains the ROOT of JESSE who God rests His Spirit upon, and by that he judges righteously, saving the meek and slaying the wicked.  IN God’s WORD from the beginning was the ROOT of Jesse and what he would fulfill by God’s will. 

The END that was declared by God in HIS WORD from the beginning was,

1 Corinthians 15:20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept. 21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 23 But every MAN in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ’s at his coming. 24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. 25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. 27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him. 28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

THIS is God’s WORD of the MAN who God raised from the dead, as a firstborn over all creation, so that he may have first place in all things being given dominion over all the works of God’s hands. He will rule over all things that God makes new, from the lion who now eats grass, to those resurrected from the dead given eternal life. This WORD and the glory of the man IN that WORD was declared FROM the beginning. For it is TRUE that God declared the END FROM the BEGINNING. Jesus having been anointed to preach the Gospel the good news of God, being filled with Wisdom and Understanding, saw his glory that had been IN God’s WORD from the beginning, he was given the ending. Such no doubt gave him his faith, understanding to why he needed to die on the cross. The Gospel that Jesus preached that God had declared from the beginning, was that he would be the firstborn of the dead of many brethren.

Jesus preaches the Gospel which is an end to a wicked world, this WORD of God that he preaches had been with God from the beginning t8. Jesus preaches God’s WORD of the END saying that The SON OF MAN is returning in the glory of his Father. When Jesus was about to die, he saw the glory of him being the man raised first, the man returning in God’s glory to slay the wicked , it was the glory that this Son of Man had with God from the beginning, it was IN the END that God had DECLARED from the beginning. 

t8, can you be MINDFUL for just a few minutes, it seems you do not allow your thoughts to enter into certain scriptures and take of their understanding. GOD declared the END from the beginning, do you believe it? Can you take account to what that truth MEANS? Can you apply it to other scriptures? Think about it, be mindful of it. Jesus preached God’s Gospel, it was not his Gospel, and that Gospel is of the END of which God had declared it from the beginning, and IN that Gospel as we can directly read, it is concerning a Son of Man, the offspring of David.

t8,

Tell me what is not true,

God’s word was that he would rest His Spirit upon the offspring of Jesse, He was going to anoint him. This word of God became true in the man of flesh Jesus.

God’s word was that with this anointing upon this man, this man would preach God’s word. We read Jesus was anointed and that he was sent out to preach God’s word.

God’s word was that with this anointing upon this man he would fulfill God’s word, we see this as likewise true, as Jesus was to heal and deliver captives and he did.

We see in Jesus that God fulfills His Word, in that he was anointed as God had said, that he spoke God’s word as God had said, and he fulfilled and is continuing to fulfill God’s word as God had said.

In Jesus God fulfilled His word, and by Jesus God’s word is fulfilled. On several profound levels we SEE Jesus as the WORD OF GOD made true. NOT one of these levels contains him pre-existing as the WORD.

Jesus NEVER says that He pre-existed as God’s power and spoke all things into existence, Jesus never said he was the one speaking to the prophets, he quotes the prophets concerning him as the Son of Man who God said He would anoint, not as the God that created heaven and earth.

The prophets spoke of God creating heaven and earth doing so ALONE, and spoke of that SAME God anointing a man. For crying out loud, Jesus didn’t say I created them male and female, he said God created them male and female. He didn’t say God created them but I spoke them into existence because I am the WORD. Oh but you may say just because he didn’t say it doesn’t mean it’s not true. Well what makes it impossible to be true is that Jesus identifies himself as one of the males whom God ALONE created, but what makes it impossible is that the same God that said He stretched forth the earth, is the same God that calls a man to righteousness. This does not equate to the truth being that God had a one of a kind Son speak His creation into existence for Him, and then He made that Son into a man of the seed of Jesse and then He called him to righteousness and would hold his hand and keep him. The God who is said to create heaven and earth is the same God who said that HE ALONE created it, and this same God said He would call a man to righteousness. Jesus identifies himself as the man, not as the God who ALONE created heaven and earth. 

Proclaimer
    Participant

Jodi, Adam himself was unique and so is the second or final Adam.

All are offspring of Adam, but Jesus was born of the Holy Spirit.

Likewise, all who are born again are born of the second Adam.

So tell me Jodi, why is Jesus not unique if Adam was?

If Jesus is like you and me and Adam was the son of God, then is Jesus inferior to Adam and not the son of God?

The Antichrist spirit denies Jesus is the Christ. Those under that spirit deny the son and thus the Father too.

Proclaimer
    Participant

T8……who has said Jesus is a “mere”man? What we are saying is, JESUS IN THE SENSE OF HIS “HUMANITY”, IS A ORDINARY HUMAN BEING, JUST AS WE ARE

Well how many times must we tell you that no one here denies Jesus is a man. He came in the flesh right?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

T8…..That word came in the flesh has to do with his total existence, not like a person who existed in a different state O being and the was “morphed” into the flesh.

Jesus was indeed “anointed” with the holy spirit, but you don’t acknowledge “when” , we do, we say he was “anointed” at the Jordan river as scripture plainly shows, your belief says he was anointed twice, as if the first one never took, so he need to be anointed again. 

You are infect saying you do not believe in the “only”  “actual recorded” anointing of him,  in scripture. So now it boils down to this , was Jesus anointed at birth, which scripture show no activity of, or was he anointed when he was a full grown man, which scripture clearly shows.

We do not deny he was anointed, nor have we ever denied that,  the only question is was he only anointed once , or as in your case he had to be double dipted, befor he could do the things he did.

But to say we deny his anointing is simply not true T8.  We are most definitely not antichrist, as in “anti-anointing” . 

Peace and love to you and yours. ………gene

Truthcomber
    Participant

Hi All,

Me: The one God had two distinct characteristics: The visible and the invisible. This is analogous with the subconscious and conscious minds of man. Both form one, but the subconscious is greater than the conscious. Likewise, the Father is greater than the son who is a revelation of himself.

https://thebibleproject.com/blog/what-is-the-shema/
    Quote: In Ancient Hebrew, there is no present-tense verb equivalent to the English verb “is.” There is a word for “was” (Heb. hayah) and “will be” (Heb. yihyeh), but “is” doesn’t exist; rather, two words are put next to each other and the word “is” is inferred.

Me: Thus, the visible includes the visible presence of the seed of man and the heart of man.  This is “will be” from the shema.
    Quote: “As you’ll see in a moment, this last meaning seems to fit the overall context of Deuteronomy much better. In other words, the Shema isn’t trying to make a philosophical statement about God’s essence or being (that God is “one”). Rather, the Shema is a pledge of allegiance to the Lord God of Israel that excludes allegiance to any other gods

Truthcomber
    Participant

Hi All,

Me: Although I do not believe everything in the article from the link below, I will glean what I believe is true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUkhWBKCuXc
    features in the article:
    “Genesis 19:24 Then YHWh rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from YHWH out of heaven;
    Amos 4:11 I (YHWH) have overthrown some of you, as God (YHWH) overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah, and ye were as a firebrand plucked out of the burning: yet have ye not returned unto me, saith the (YHWH).

Me: Two beings: The visible Yahweh rained brimstone and fire from the invisible Yahweh in heaven, “God” in Amos 4:11 is interpreted as YHWH from Gen 19:24.
    John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God…18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is (me: bosom–intimacy union) he hath declared him.

Bosom definition in John 1:18
    2859 kólpos …the position synonymous with intimacy (union).

Insert from the article:
    “The Jews traditional believed in TWO POWERS from heaven. They changed this position when the Messiah came on the scene,
    “Hashem” means the name of God or his presence or person.
    Exodus 23:21 Beware of him, and obey his voice, provoke him not; for he will not pardon your transgressions: for my name (person) is in him

Truthcomber
    Participant

Gen 15:1 After these things the WORD of the LORD came unto Abram in a VISION, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.
    Me: Notice that the Word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision. You see visions. The Word was seen.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
    John 1:1 In the origin The Word had been existing and That Word had been existing with God and That Word was himself God. 2 This One himself was at the origin with God.

New American Standard Bible
    1 Cor 10:4 and all drank the same spiritual drink, for they were drinking from a spiritual rock which followed them; and the rock was Christ (5547:annointed).
    https://biblehub.com/greek/5547.htm

Rev 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Me: The Word was anointed savior from the foundation of the earth, not at Jordan. The Messiah was anointed with power to do the ardent work of God from Jordan. He already had the spirit of God in him from birth and was God revealed in the flesh. He had spoken wonderful and profound things before Jordan. This was explained in detail.

Truthcomber
    Participant

Hi T8,

You:
    The Antichrist spirit denies Jesus is the Christ. Those under that spirit deny the son and thus the Father too.

Me: Correct.
    2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them,…12 speak evil of the things that they understand not;…16 DUMB ASS…These are wells without water, clouds that are carried with a tempest; to whom the mist of darkness is reserved for ever. 18 For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh,

Me: Christ is not only a man, but God himself in human form with the added human heart of the seed of David.  To say that Christ was not God in the flesh but totally human is to “allure through the lust of the flesh”.  

1sa 43:11 I, even I, am YHWH; and beside me there is no saviour.

https://biblehub.com/interlinear/1_john/4-3.htm
    1 John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus (me:salvation) Christ (me: anointed) is come in ___flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

New American Standard Bible
    Col 2:9 For in Him all the FULLNESS of Deity dwells in bodily form,

Truthcomber
    Participant

Gene and Jodi,

I will not respond to your stupid  posts.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Truthcomber. …..words from Jesus,  .. that they might know “you” the “only” “true” God”, 

what part of “you” and “only” and “true God” , don’t you understand?  Here is a “simply” uncluttered answer.

“YOU” ….someone different then the one speaking, who was Jesus. 

“ONLY”….no other exists. 

TRUE…….actual, as in othinic.  

Peace and love to you and yours. ……….gene

carmel
    Participant

I John 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know HIM that is true, and we are in HIM that is true, even in HIS Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

DRB.version

1 John5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come.

And he ( GOD) 

hath given us understanding

that we may know

the true God and may be

in his true Son.

This is the true God and life eternal. 

JESUS CHRIST

YOU:I John 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and 9( THE SON)  hath given us an understanding, that we may know HIM (THE FATHER)  that is true, and we are in HIM ( ONLY  IN JESUS THE TRUTH/ MEDIATOR) that is true, even in HIS Son Jesus Christ.

This is the true God, and eternal life. (JESUS CHRIST)

YOU: You got that Carmel? The HIS is speaking of the Father of the Son, and the Son gives us understanding so that we may know the Father that is true, and

that we are in the Father that is true, THE BIGGEST LIE! 

HUMANS ARE NEVER IN THE FATHER, AND NEVER WILL BE IN THE FATHER EXCEPT

THROUGH THE ONLY MEDIATOR 

JESUS CHRIST

as the Father is even in His Son Jesus Christ.

THE ABOVE IS

THE BIGGEST LIE EVER

HUMANS CAN NEVER BE IN THE FATHER AS THE FATHER IS IN HIS SON!

Now read and DISCERN THE TRUTH:

John 14:5 Thomas saith to him: Lord, we know not whither thou goest. And how can we know the way?

6Jesus saith to him: I am the way, and the truth, and

the life.   (ETERNAL)

No man cometh to the Father, but by me.

7If you had known me, you would without doubt have

known my Father also:

and from henceforth you shall know him.

And you have seen him.

YOU: This Father is the TRUE GOD, and eternal life.

WHERE IN SCRIPTURE WE READ THAT 

THE FATHER  IS ETERNAL LIFE

Read again and discern

the truth

1 John1:2   For the life

was manifested:

and we have seen and do bear witness and declare unto you

the life eternal,

which was

with the Father and hath

appeared to us.

without Jesus we are

NOTHING

John15:5 I am the vine: you the branches.

He that abideth in me, and I in him,

the same beareth much fruit:

for without me you can do nothing.

6If any one abide not in me, he shall be cast forth as a branch and shall wither:

and they shall gather him up and cast him into the fire: and he burneth.

7If you abide in me and my words abide in you,

you shall ask whatever you will: and it shall be done unto you. 

8In this is my Father glorified:

that you bring forth very much fruit and become my disciples.

9As the Father hath loved me,

I also have loved you.

Abide in my love. 10If you keep my commandments, you shall abide in my love:

as I also have kept my Father’s commandments and do abide in his love.

11These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and your joy may be filled.

More scripture Jodi”

John17:22 And the glory which thou hast given me, I have given to them: that, they may be one, as we also are one.

23I in them,

and thou in me:

that they may be made perfect in one:

and the world may know that thou hast sent me and hast loved them, as thou hast also loved me.

THE FATHER JODI WOULD NEVER BE DIRECT IN ANY WAY IN CONTACT WITH

HUMANS! NEVER NEVER NEVER EXCEPT THAT

BETWEEN THEM THERE IS 

THE ONLY SPIRIT/ MEDIATOR

JESUS “THE SON OF MAN!

THE WAY, and THE LIFE!

John 11:25 I am the resurrection and THE LIFE

he that believeth in me

, although he be dead, shall live: 26And every one that liveth and

believeth in me shall not die for ever.

Believest thou this? 27She saith to him: Yea, Lord, I have believed that thou art Christ, the Son of the living God, who art come into this world.

Jodi HUMANITY MUST BELIEVE IN

JESUS IF HE WANTS TO HAVE THE LEAST RELATION WITH THE FATHER.

Peace and Love in Jesus Christ

Truthcomber
    Participant

Gene,

I could not let your heresy pass on.

You: words from Jesus, .. that they might know “you” the “only” “true” God”,
    what part of “you” and “only” and “true God” , don’t you understand? Here is a “simply” uncluttered answer.
    “YOU” ….someone different then the one speaking, who was Jesus.
    “ONLY”….no other exists.
    TRUE…….actual, as in othinic.

Me: 
    John 14:6 .” Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, THE TRUTH, and the LIFE, NO MAN cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Me: So if the Messiah was just a man and not different from any other man, how did he come to the Father?

John 14:7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

Me: Could they be one and the same but different aspects if the same person—this is analogous to the conscious and subconscious minds of man. Both are different but of the same person.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
    John 14:7 “But these things are eternal life: ‘They shall know you, for you alone are The God of Truth, AND Yeshua the Messiah whom you have sent.’ “

Me: This does not mean that the Messiah is not God.  This means both the Father, who is the higher self of God, and Yeshua who is God but not as great as his Father comprise one person. How do we know this?

1 John 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him (me: The Father, John 14:7) that is TRUE, and we are IN HIM THAT IS TRUE, EVEN IN HIS SON JESUS CHRIST. This is the true God (me: one person), and eternal life.

Me: Isn’t Christ TRUE. Both the Father and son are TRUE and comprise ONE TRUE PERSON.

Rom 3:4 God forbid: yea, let GOD BE TRUE, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

Me: Christ is TRUE just as his father is TRUE  Together they are TRUE. The Messiah  is not a liar like all of mankind is.

Truthcomber
    Participant

Hi All,

Present Perfect is called like that because it combines the present grammatical tense (you have) and the perfect grammatical aspect (done). … As to why it’s perfect, the term comes from Latin perfectus, “achieved, finished, completed”.

https://hermeneutics.stackexchange.com/questions/17038/translation-of-change-in-malachi-36
    Quote: “In Malachi 3:6, the word שָׁנִ֑יתִי (translated change) is used (“For I, the Lord, do not change; therefore you, O sons of Jacob, are not consumed.”) This appears to me to be in the perfect tense which I believe indicates that it is either present or past tense. Based on the context of the passage, speaking of the messiah coming to judge (Which has already been prophesied) it appears that this could be referring to statements already made (that the sons of Jacob will not be destroyed). If this is the case, this would be better translated as “HAVE NOT CHANGED ” and has theological implications regarding immutability”…
    The word ‘tense’ isn’t always helpful as Hebrew doesn’t have tenses in the same way as English does, often the perfect and imperfect are referred to as aspects. Here the suffix which modifies the verb denotes the perfective aspect of the verb. The perfect aspect views the action of the verb from an external perspective hence we are seeing the action as complete, without respect to the time1..

Me: Hence, the way is open for the Word to add the human element to himself.

John 1:14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
    John 7:39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was NOT YET_____; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.).

Me: It was after Christ had ascended into heaven that he became fully the son of God. Then his humanity was driven completely by the Word of God in him.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Truthcomber. …..that’s the problem with “mystery religion” they simply can not deal with anything that clearly denies what they say, so they have to try to figure out some  way around what is “simply ” and “clearly”,  reforming the language written to meet their own belifs, thats what I call “forcing the text” to say what in fact it does not say or mean,

Many false teachers do that, that is why there is so much confusion christanity . Example, Like where it says “my lord “and” my God, meaning the same as “My lord God”  that’s the problem with translators who change and twist up simple language to derive different meannigs, to create different outcomes.  It only obscures the simple truth.  

Truthcomber,  Jesus saying the when we see him we were seening the God the Father, was because he was not doing “his” will, but the will of God the Father who sent him,  he plainly told us he could do “nothing” of himself. And that it was God the Father who was “in” him doing the works? You haven’t a single scripture were Jesus ever said he was A God, show us a scripture where he ever said that.  Forcing the text to try to make it say that, doesn’t work for us.

Peace and love to you and yours. ……..gene

Truthcomber
    Participant

NO!!!

I have shown you your error many times.  The Messiah could do nothing of himself because he and his Father are one.  The humanity of Christ was not fully integrated with the spirit of God until the Messiah’s resurrection and glorification. .  When it was, he became fully the son of God.  He completely followed the will of his father.

Heb 5:5 So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee.
    6 As he saith also in another place, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec. 7 WHO IN THE DAYS OF HIS FLESH, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared.

Me: It was after his “DAYS OF HIS FLESH”, as a life giving SPIRIT ( 1 Cor 15:45),  that he was fully the son of God as the Word of God with the humanity of the seed of David completely bonded to himself.  .

Psalm 2:7 I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten (me: born) thee. 8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

Truthcomber
    Participant

John 10:30 I and my Father are one.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God.

Me: God does not exist without the Father.  God does not exist without the Word.

Truthcomber
    Participant

Gene:

Your belief that anyone who does not adhere to your religion of deception is of mystery Babylon is false and looney.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Trutcomber  …..your belife in not fully integrated with God is not true, scripture tell us he had the fullness of the spirit in him yes infact all of the “seven spirits” of God were on him.  How could he say me and the Father are one if he wasn’t.

Scripture say the fullness of God dwelt in him in body form.  Another words the fullness of God (who is spirit) was in the body of Jesus. GOD THE father was in Jesus reconciling the world unto himself,  Jesus’ body was a Temple of God who dwelt “in’ him, GOD SPOKE THROUGH JESUS MOUTH AND SAID, ” destory this temple (body) and in three days I (God) shall raise it (the body) up. That was God the Father speaking first person through the mouth of Jesus.  But none of that ever made Jesus a God, he was a “man” a human being  “exactly”  as we are, and God the Father was in him “exactly” as he can be in us.  “Now if the spirit of him who raised Jesus christ from the grave dwell in you he (God) Shall  quicken (bring back to life) you mortal (dead) body also.” 

We do not seperate our lord Jesus the anointed human being away from our own idenity with him, we believe we as he can have the “exact” same relationship with the father as he had and has, We believe he is the “firstborn” of “many” brethern, just as scripture says. You doctrines of “Seperation” doesn’t work for us.

You on the other hand move Jesus completely away from his human root,  you deny he still is saying ” I am the root and offspring of DAVID,”  AS Jesus plainly said he “is”,  IMO.

Peace and love to you and yours. ……….gene

Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 520 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account