John 3 Born Again

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 520 total)
  • Author
    Truthcomber
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

Me: Does Satan own our bodies and enslaves us? God delivers us from this body of sin. It cannot be transformed into a body of righteousness.  For what fellowship has Christ with devils (2 Cor 6:14)? 

1 Cor 10:21 Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord’s table, and of the table of devils.

Heb 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; 15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

Roman 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

Jer 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

1 John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

Me: The works of the devil transformed our bodies into bodies of sin and death.

Romans 7:24  O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me FROM the body of this death?

Me: The Messiah will destroy this body of sin and death, not convert it.  He gave his body as a ransom so that we would be delivered from our bodies of death.

Romans 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. 7 For he that is dead is freed from sin. 8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

Truthcomber
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

1 Cor 15:53 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is SWALLON UP in victory.

John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth (me: gives life); the flesh profiteth nothing:..

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit,…10 And if Christ be in you, the BODY IS DEAD because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. 11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your MORTAL bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

2 Cor 5:1 For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle WERE DISOLVED, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. 2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven 3 If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked. 4 For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that MORTALITY might be swallowed up of life.

Me: So how do we reconcile Romans 8 :9-11 with 2 Cor 5:1-2. How does God quicken our mortal bodies? It is by given us new bodies reserved in heaven for us. Our Mortal bodies are brought to life in form only, but not in substance. The substance comes from heaven. We receive new bodies when Christ returns. So, when does Christ and we receive our crowns of glory and become the sons of God not only in spirit but in body.

Truthcomber
    Participant

Hi All,

Psalm 2:6 Yet have I HAVE SET MY KING upon my holy hill of Zion. 7 will declare the decree: YHWH hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; THIS DAY have I begotten thee. 8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession. 8 Thou shalt break them with a ROD OF IRON; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter’s vessel.

Rev 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

Dan 7:13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. 14 And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed…18 But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever.

Me: All of us disciples,  receive our bodies at the same time, at the Messiah’s return to earth. The body of Christ functions as a team. We become the sons of God not only in spirit but in body and as one church.

Truthcomber
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

Gen 3:9 And YHWH God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou? 10 And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself. 11 And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat? 12 And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat. 13 And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.

Me: Adam and Eve were ashamed of their bodies transformed into one that the devil will rule.  Their eyes were open to the fact that their bodies were not of divinity.  God gave them clothing to wear,  This symbolizes new spiritual bodies that man will have.

Truthcomber
    Participant

He Jodi,

1 Cor 15:39 All flesh is not the same flesh:…40 There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another…49 And as we have borne the IMAGE of the earthy, we shall also bear the IMAGE of the heavenly.

Me: It is our IMAGE or FORM that is clothed. We bore the image of the first Adam. Now we will bear the IMAGE of the second Adam.

1 Cor 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Me: Our bodies will not change. “CORRUPTION SHALL NOT INHERIT INCORUPTION”. Our (IMAGE) shall change, not our bodies will change. We will have new bodies and hearts and souls of our IMAGE of CHRIST through the holy spirit, not the image of the devil.

1 Cor 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

Me: Our IMAGE OF GOD must change from within and without—of the spirit first and then the body which is the reflection of that spirit.

Mark 2:22 And no man putteth new wine (me: holy spirit) into old bottles (me: our bodies of flesh): else the new wine doth burst the bottles, and the wine is spilled, and the bottles will be marred: but new wine must be put into new bottles.

New American Standard Bible
    John 7:38 “He who believes in Me, as the Scripture said, ‘From his innermost being (me: soul) will flow rivers of living water.‘”

Me: Wine symbolizes blood, and blood symbolizes life. We will have the holy spirit and our hearts and minds liken unto the Messiah’s totally and NOT put in a vessel or body like we have now. We will have a celestial body from heaven put on the image of the old body.  Our old bodies could simple not handle the great flow of spirit that would be in us.

Truthcomber
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

You:

Isaiah 11:8 And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice’ den.
    All FLESH on earth is changed, the NATURE of living souls on earth goes from survival, fear and chaos, to peace and harmony.

All the earth will be filled with the knowledge of God, functioning on His intended design of peace and harmony. TC when the lion eats grass, no longer establishes a territory and lives by fighting to keep that territory, does God have to change the lions flesh? NO! The same is true for our human flesh as well as all types of living souls on earth. Living creatures will no longer be wild beasts.

Me: This happens during the millennium. 

19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. 20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, 21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. 23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

Me: This happens in the New heaven and Earth for those not of the first resurrection.

Isa 65:17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Truthcomber
    Participant

Gene:

You: Yes we are , what does this mean to you, “the meek shall inherit the earth”? Jesus told us the kingdom of God comes without observation, “it is within you”. THAT DOES NOT TAKE AWAY OUR PHYSICAL BODIES, Jesus and the Saint’s will REGIN on this earth, and they will have physical bodies. GOD HAS NOT TRASHED HIS PHYSICAL CREATION, BUT IS DELIVERING IT FROM THE BONDAGE OF CORRUPTION. There is a resurection of the dead, and the only thing that dies is our physical bodies, Just as it says. We are looking forward to the resurection that will witness the “redemption of our “body”. Tell us TC, do you just throw those scriptures out of your bible text, to force your own conclusions as other do here. Bad form TC

Me: No Gene, bad thinking on your part or just plain no thinking.

2 Peter 3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? 13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

TC…..That has nothing to do with what we are talking about and why look for a new heaven and earth if there is no need for one and who shall be living in that new heaven and earth, a bounch of spirits just drifting around doing nothing. Did the three servants of God that were tossed into the fire come out, without even a hair of them scourched. You don’t know the power of God to keep our bodies in tack, our new physical bodies cannot only walk on water, go through doors, disappear, but walk through fire also. Tell us,did not Peter walk on water with his physical body?, did Jesus go through a door with his physical body, did Philip disapear and was wisped away, did Jesus rise up into heaven with his physical body.

TC …You simply do not know the power of God, who can be and will be “in” us all and through us all. TC, There simply is no scripture that says we will exist without a body. And the last time i looked all bodies were physical. I quoted you a direct scripture where it say this, the resurection is about our physical bodies, our spirits don’t die when we die, just our bodies do so that is what needs to be resurected , just as Jesus need his body to be also, inorder for him to continue to exist as a living soul. A living soul is a physical body with the breath of life in it. Just as scripture says.

Peace and love to you and yours. …….gene

Truthcomber
    Participant

Gene:

You: That has nothing to do with what we are talking about and why look for a new heaven and earth if there is no need for one and who shall be living in that new heaven and earth, a bounch of spirits just drifting around doing nothing.

Me: Gene, I just showed you scripture that says we will have new bodies that shine like the stars in heaven when the Messiah comes back. How can you make an outrageous statement like this? God was a spirit from eternity. HE HAD NO BODY THEN. He was just mind, heart and spirit. WAS HE JUST SOME SPIRIT FLOATING AROUND IN SPACE? NO, because he had no dimensions. You desecrate the holiness of God.

You: Did the three servants of God that were tossed into the fire come out, without even a hair of them scourched. You don’t know the power of God to keep our bodies in tack, our new physical bodies cannot only walk on water, go through doors, disappear, but walk through fire also. Tell us,did not Peter walk on water with his physical body?, did Jesus go through a door with his physical body, did Philip disapear and was wisped away, did Jesus rise up into heaven with his physical body.

Me: So what? They stilled died didn’t they. They will not exist with the body they had?

You: You simply do not know the power of God, who can be and will be “in” us all and through us all. There simply is no scripture that says we will exist without a body. And the last time i looked all bodies were physical.

Gene, how can you live with yourself? You contradict yourself. You said the dead received changed bodies when the Messiah returns. Now you are questioning why you still see humans with bodies living. Are they flesh and bones bodies like you claim they will be? Try cutting one of them and see if they bleed, but protect yourself when you do this.

You: I quoted you a direct scripture where it say this, the resurection is about our physical bodies, our spirits don’t die when we die, just our bodies do so that is what needs to be resurected , just as Jesus need his body to be also, in order for him to continue to exist as a living soul. A living soul is a physical body with the breath of life in it. Just as scripture says.

Me: You are right about our souls that do not die. Some sleep in the earth.   After Pentecost, those dead in Christ rest with him.

Job 7:21 And why dost thou not pardon my transgression, and take away mine iniquity? for now shall I sleep in the dust; and thou shalt seek me in the morning, but I shall not be.

Me: At Christ’s glorification of his human mind and soul of the spirit of God, he will resurrect spiritually.

Job 14:13 O that thou wouldest hide me in the grave, that thou wouldest keep me secret, until thy wrath be past, that thou wouldest appoint me a set time, and remember me! 14 If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come. 15 THOU SHALL CALL  and I will answer thee: thou wilt have a desire to the work of thine hands.

John 5:25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour (me:time) is coming, and NOW IS, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and THEY THAT HEAR SHALL LIVE.

John 11: 26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall NEVER DIE,  Believest thou this?

Me: Those that died righteously before Pentecost will never die or sleep spiritually. Those that had died in their bodies will never die spiritually but be will the Messiah.

Dan 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting (me: a long duration of time) contempt.

John 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which ALL that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

Me: This is after the millennium.

carmel
    Participant

did Jesus go through a door with his physical body,

Gene read scripture and reflect PLEASE!

John20:19 Now when it was late the same day, the first of the week, and

the doors were shut,

where the disciples were gathered together, for fear of the Jews,

Jesus came and

stood in the midst

and said to them: Peace be to you.

Gene in the above Jesus never entered

THROUGH DOORS!

HE SIMPLY

CAME AND STOOD IN

THE MIDST OF THEM,

OUT OF NOWHERE!

I believe HE WAS ALREADY IN THE MIDST OF THEM WELL BEFORE THEY SAW HIM, AS A SPIRIT! 

The above is a clear process by which Jesus,

IN FULL GLORY AND ONE SUBSTANCE WITH THE HOLY GHOST, BOTH GOD AND MAN on earth,

believe it or not, it’s your problem, first

used the attribute of the Holy Ghost, His seed, and became

SPIRIT

and entered MYSTERIOUSLY in one instant

THROUGH what He preferred to enter through,

Personally,  in order to manifest that

HE WON THIS PHYSICAL WORLD, 

He never even BOTHERED about ENTERING through the DOOR,  

He simply established Himself in the

MIDST OF HIS DISCIPLES, squashed in a mode to say, to convince them that,

HE USED THE ATTRIBUTE OF THE SON OF MAN AND RETURNED IN

IN HIS PARTICULAR GLORIFIED FLESH and BONES. 

I repeat in a twinkling of an eye!

Now, attention Gene, here comes the kind of Gospel you don’t want to here, DESPITE IT IS THE TRUTH!

When Jesus resurrected, unless He did this for a particular MESSAGE, the fact that it is a MYSTERY,

HE WAS NOT in the power to come out, BOTH  from His burial clothing WITHOUT disturbing them in a way, and through the stone of His tomb.

The fact that ANGELS WERE SENT FROM HEAVEN TO ROLL THE STONE FOR HIM

IN ORDER TO COME OUT.

From this, we are aware that Jesus was not in the equivalent POWER of the Father as He was from His baptism till He died!

He simply resurrected  for the FIRST EVER TIME 

AN AUTHENTIC GLORIFIED HUMAN BEING IN ALL THINGS LIKE HIS BRETHREN!

JUST FLESH AND BONES! 

WITHOUT DIVINE ATTRIBUTES!

THE FIRSTBORN FROM THE DEAD!

Colossians 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church:

who is THE BEGINNING????,

the firstborn FROM THE DEAD????,

that in all things he may hold the primacy????: 

Originally

SLAINLIKE A LAMB FROM THE BEGINNING OF THE WORLD.Rev 13:8

Declared and confirmed by Jesus Himself precisely to Mary Magdalene on His resurrection,

the only moment in time Jesus Himself called us

HIS BRETHREN.

John20:17 Jesus saith to her: Do not touch me:

for I am not yet ascended to my Father.

But go to MY BRETHREN and say to them:

I ascend to ( THE GLORY OF) my Father and to your Father, to

(THE GLORY OF) my God and to your God. 

THE FACT THAT JESUS, late in the evening of that same day, Jewish time

THE FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK! 

THE NEW BEGINNING!

THE KINGDOM OF GOD ON EARTH, AND GOD’S WILL ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN THUS

AS MUCH AS THE ONLY TRUE GOD IS IN HEAVEN, 

THE ONLY TRUE GOD IN FLESH ON EARTH IS

JESUS CHRIST

Consequently,

FLESH/MATTER COUNTS FOR NOTHING WHEN IT COMES TO GOD, AND

JESUS ENTERED THROUGH WALLS!

YOU: I quoted you a direct scripture where it say this, the resurection is about our physical bodies,

our spirits don’t die when we die,

Read scriptures and PLEASE reflect:

Matthew 10:28 And fear ye not them that kill the body, and are not able to kill the soul:

but rather fear him that can destroy

both soul and body in hell.

YOU: just our bodies do so

that is what needs to be

resurrected,

Gene, AGAIN read scriptures and PLEASE reflect:

Luke 9:60 And Jesus said to him:

Let the dead bury their dead: …..

IN WHAT HUMANS WERE DEAD? MAY I ASK!

just as Jesus need his body to be also, inorder for him to continue to exist

as a living soul.

Gene, AGAIN, Read scripture and PLEASE reflect:

1Corinthians 15:45 The first man Adam was made into

a living soul; the last Adam into

a quickening spirit.

The first living soul:

DIED!

IT NEEDED THE LIFE-GIVING SPIRIT OF

JESUS CHRIST

YOU: A living soul is a physical body with the breath of life in it. Just as scripture says.

A living soul is a

PHYSICAL BODY WITH

THE ETERNAL LIFE IN IT,

“THE WORD”, JESUS, THE SON OF MAN. WEll clear in

1 John1:1That which was from

THE BEGINNING( PRE-EXISTED)

which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon and our hands have handled,

of the word of life.

2For the life was manifested:

and we have seen and do bear witness and declare unto you

the life eternal,

which was

with the Father (PRE-EXISTED) 

and hath appeared to us.

AS PROOF THAT HE PRE-EXISTED!

John17:1These things Jesus spoke: and lifting up his eyes to heaven, he said: the hour is come.

Glorify thy Son, ( IN YOUR SPIRIT) 

that thy Son may glorify thee. (IN HIS FLESH)

2As thou hast given him

power over all flesh, ( THE ENTIRE PHYSICAL ALL IN JESUS)

that he may give

eternal life

to all whom thou hast given him.( THE ENTIRE HUMAN RACE)

3Now

this is eternal life: ( originally slain like a lamb……)

That they may know thee,

the only true God, (SPIRIT)  and Jesus Christ,( FLESH)

whom thou hast sent.

JESUS CHRIST 

THE NEW NAME FOR GOD ON EARTH!

John 17:6

I have manifested thy name ( PHYSICALLY in Jesus, AS A spirit cannot be manifested)

to the men whom thou hast given me

out of the world. ( ANGELS as humans generations of heaven, confirmed hereunder)

THINE THEY WERE: and to me thou gavest them.

And they have kept thy word. ( YOUR SPIRIT) 7Now they have known that all things which thou

hast given me are from thee: 

8Because the words ( THE TEACHING)

which thou gavest me, I have given to them.

And they have received them and have known in very deed

that I came out from thee:( PRE-EXISTED)

and they have believed that thou didst

send me. 

Matthew 10:32 Every one therefore that shall

confess me before men,

I will also confess him

before my Father who is in heaven. 

33But he that shall

deny me before men,

I will also deny him

before my Father who is in heaven.

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Carmel…..what did Jesus tell the deciples after he appeared unto them m and they thought they were seening a spirit?

“a spirit does not have flesh and bone as you “see” I have.  Is it possible for you to let that sink in?  Jesus Sure did not think he a as a spirit of anykind . ONLY THE DECIPLES DID.  

The mircale of Jesus’resurection, had nothing to do with any spirit being raised  it was all about his “physical” body being raised from the grave by the power of God.  Carmel your not even close to understanding the truth about the resurection, of Jesus nor us.  Scripture say he is the first born of “many” brethern.  The very hope of the gospel is to be resurected to eternal life “exactly” as Jesus was.  “We look forward to the resurection that will “witness” (to us) the redemption of our body. Why can’t you let that sink in?

Carmel your not even close to understanding  the truth , go back and count all the places you have changed wordings to fit you false teachings and reasonings , every post you present you add all kinds of reasonings that  are not written in the written text .

I know full well even if Jesus was here telling you the same things I am telling you,  you would not accept it, because of the power of the deluding spirit God has sent to you.  That has to be removed from you first,then you can begin to see right. Untill that happens there is no hope of convincing you at all.  This is just an excercise of futility.

Peace and love to you and yours. ……….gene

Truthcomber
    Participant

Gene,

Luke 24:37 (NASB) But they were startled and frightened and thought that they were seeing a spirit. 38 And He said to them, “Why are you troubled, and why do doubts arise in your hearts? 39 See My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself; touch Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have.” 40 And when He had said this, He showed them His hands and His feet. 41 While they still could not believe it because of their joy and amazement, He said to them, “Have you anything here to eat?” 42 They gave Him a piece of a broiled fish; 43 and He took it and ate it before them….49 And behold, I am sending forth THE PROMISE of My Father upon you; but you are to stay in the city until you are clothed with power from on high.

Me: The Messiah was showing the apostles that he was NOT YET a spirit. So what if the Messiah could suddenly appear the apostles out of nowhere. It is not surprising since he could also transfigure himself. He did not have human flesh like we have, but of a higher order. He was made a little lower than God in his human flesh.  With his new body at his second coming, his body, TOGETHER WITH THE CHURCH WHOM HE IS HEAD will be God’s body.

Rev 21:22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. 23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

Me: Christ, together with his church  receive their  new bodies at the same time–it is one body.

Truthcomber
    Participant

Gene,

Acts 1:3 To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God: 4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the PROMISE OF THE FATHER, which, saith he, ye have heard of me. 5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be BAPTIZED WITH THE HOLY GHOST (me: Spirit) not many days hence.

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

Me: We are resurrected as spirits like the Messiah is presently a spirit.

Truthcomber
    Participant

Gene,

John 4:24 God is a Spirit:…

John 1:1 (Greek text) In [the] beginning was the Word and the Word was WITH God and God was the Word.

Romans 8:27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

Me: So the Word was WITH God and God was the Word. So the Word was invisible spirit with no form. When we say that God is spirit, God is the mind of the holy spirit (Romans 8:27).

Hebrews 1:3 who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person.

Me: The Word is the expressed image of the mind of God himself totally.

John 1:14 And the Word was (me made one with flesh), and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth

Col 2:9 For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form.

Me: So the expressed mind of God became one with the mind of the seed of David or offspring of the human mind and heart of David, i.e. the spiritual seed or human mind and soul of David. After the Messiah died, he resurrected bodily into heaven and was converted into a spirit again, this time with the heart and soul of the spiritual human seed of David in him.

John 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Me: The glory that the Word had with the Father was that of a spirit, not with a spirit and body.

Cor 15:45 (NASB) So also it is written, “The first MAN, Adam, BECAME A LIVING SOUL.” The last Adam became a life-giving SPIRIT.

2 Cor 3:17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

Me: Yes, the Word is a presently a spirit period.

Truthcomber
    Participant

Gene,

1 Cor 12:12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that ONE BODY, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. 13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into ONE BODY, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. 14 For the body is not one member, but many.

Me: The Messiahs body was a ransom and sacrifice. He no longer has the body. He is a spirit. He and we will acquire new bodies as a reflection of the holy spirit in us. They are in the image of the old.  We are one body with Christ metamorphically and as a visible whole.  

Rev 21:22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. 23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

Me: Christ, together with his church receive their new bodies at the same time–it is one body.

Psalm 2:6 Yet have I HAVE SET MY KING upon my holy hill of Zion. 7 will declare the decree: YHWH hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; THIS DAY have I begotten thee. 7 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession. 8 Thou shalt break them with a ROD OF IRON; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter’s vessel.

Rev 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

Dan 7:13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. 14 And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed…18 But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever.

Me: Christ and all of us disciples, receive their new bodies all at the same time, at the Messiah’s return to earth–they become one body. The body of Christ functions as a team. We become the sons of God not only in spirit but in body and as one church at Christ’s return.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

TC…..There are thing I agree with, and things I don’t in what you say,  no scripture says Jesus was ever turned into a spirit being, that I have ever seen.  BUT AT LEAST YOU DO ADMIT WE SHALL ALL RECIEVE PHYSICAL BODIES, AT LEAST I THINK YO U DO.

Being one body, is and expression of one in belif, like one body of believers and has nothing to do with a physical body at all,  imo.   I believe this “whole” physical creation including mankind will be delievered fro the bondage of corruption it is now under, God will restore the whole creation just as it was in th6e beginning when he created it,  I also believe Jesus never sinned and as a result his physical body he was born with never saw corruption, just as it says.  You have produce no scripture that says Jesus is now a spirit being , without his original body, glorified as it is, to never die again.

I don’t think God nor Jesus was decieving us by the “physical” resurection of Jesus’ body. I believe God was demonstrating actually what happens to our bodies when we are also raised from the dead , and it is exactly as Jesus’ body is.

We are clearly told that we shall wittness the redemption of our “bodies” , it doesent say our spirits but “body” . So to me the focused was and is on the human Body, that is what is to be resurected from death, the spirit doesent die it’s the body that dies TC, when our bodies die, the spirit goes back to him who gave it in the first place. But the body goes to the grave  and it corupts in it, and that’s the part of us that must be resurected back to life inorder for us to live again as a “living soul”. 

Without a body there can be no “living soul” so when a man dies he ceases to exist as a living soul, and is at rest until he is resurected and his body is restored or regenerated again, and the breath of life is given him and then he again becomes a “living soul”.  Ezk 37: 1-6. 

Peace and love to you and yours. …………gene

Truthcomber
    Participant

Gene,

You: There are thing I agree with, and things I don’t in what you say, no scripture says Jesus was ever turned into a spirit being, that I have ever seen. BUT AT LEAST YOU DO ADMIT WE SHALL ALL RECIEVE PHYSICAL BODIES, AT LEAST I THINK YO U DO.

Me: NO I DON’T

Quotes from me:
    Page 12  #846603
    “The Messiah was showing the apostles that he was NOT YET a spirit.

Cor 15:45 (NASB) So also it is written, “The first MAN, Adam, BECAME A LIVING SOUL.” The last Adam became a life-giving SPIRIT.

2 Cor 3:17 Now the Lord is that SPIRIT: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.”

Those righteous that sleep in the dust before Pentecost did awaken at Pentecost in Acts 2. They awaken after the Messiah is glorified in spirit in heaven. Job is an example.

#846592 Page 12
    Quote from me:
    “Job 7:21 And why dost thou not pardon my transgression, and take away mine iniquity? for now shall I sleep in the dust; and thou shalt seek me in the morning, but I shall not be.

After Christ’s glorification in Acts 2, Job’s human mind and soul of the spirit of God did resurrect spiritually.

Job 14:13 O that thou wouldest hide me in the grave, that thou wouldest keep me secret, until thy wrath be past, that thou wouldest appoint me a set time, and remember me! 14 If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come. 15 THOU SHALL CALL and I will answer thee: thou wilt have a desire to the work of thine hands.
    John 5:25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour (me:time) is coming, and NOW IS, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and THEY THAT HEAR SHALL LIVE.”

Truthcomber
    Participant

Me: Then I quoted those that are alive and die in body after Christ after his glorification in Acts 1 and 2 will never die in spirit. They resurrect into heaven spiritually at their deaths.

Quote:
    “John 11: 26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall NEVER DIE, Believest thou this?”
    Me: Those that died righteously (correction: AFTER) Pentecost in Acts 1 and 2 will never die or sleep spiritually. Those that had died in their bodies will never die spiritually but be will the Messiah.
    :
    Me: 2 Cor 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

Quote:
    Dan 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting (me: a long duration of time) contempt.

Me: This happens to those that did not die in Christ and will be resurrected from the dust after his return and after the millennium.

Truthcomber
    Participant

Gene,

You: Being one body, is and expression of one in belif, like one body of believers and has nothing to do with a physical body at all, imo.

Me:
    Page 12 #846604 Quote: We are one body with Christ metamorphically and as a visible whole.

Truthcomber
    Participant

Gene:

You:
    I believe this “whole” physical creation including mankind will be delievered fro the bondage of corruption it is now under, God will restore the whole creation just as it was You: in th6e beginning when he created it, I also believe Jesus never sinned and as a result his physical body he was born with never saw corruption, just as it says.

Me: It never saw corruption but that doesn’t mean that Christ’s body is not at rest and in heaven and reserved to be glorified with us at his return.

You have produce no s riptide that say Jesus is now a spirit being , without his original body, glorified as it is, to never die again.

Me: Here it is again and again

2 Cor 3:17 Now the Lord is that SPIRIT: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.”

Gene, you are memorized by the devil.

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 520 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account