JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 19,261 through 19,280 (of 25,926 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Kerwin

I have answer in what the scriptures are saying not what you think it should be ;and what I shown you cannot be undone for Jesus came from heaven ,he says it ,John the baptist says it ,John the apostle says it and Paul says it ,who you think I going to believe ? you ? not a chance ;the scriptures yes all of the time ,

in your explanation you fail to understand many things to many things ,

you also twist your reasoning on the verses you quoting

you do not see things the way God want you to see it ,for after all it is his written word not ours

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t,

No it is the Spirit living in and speaking through Jesus that came from heaven.

Of course you will know this because you said you hear the Spirit in the words of Jesus.

terraricca
    Participant

I don’t know where you get that spirit living in people and speaks to them and they not even know what the scriptures really means, beats me

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t ,

Others do not know what the scriptures really mean.

Interesting.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi t,

The Word was not a man but the Spirit of the Son.

That word was made flesh at the Jordan.

No Nick,

“The Word” is the spirit of the father…
    …and “The Word” was God…

That word was made flesh at the Jordan – Agreed!

Ed J
    Participant

Here is an alternative translation and there are other alternatives.

Psalm 49:6-9New King James Version (NKJV)

Those who trust in their wealth
    And boast in the multitude of their riches,
    None of them can by any means redeem his brother,
    Nor give to God a ransom for him—

Kerwin,

Go back to verse 1 and see the context:

Hear this, all ye people; give ear, all ye inhabitants of the world: Both low and high, rich and poor, together” (Psalms 49:1-2)

Pierre has this right and you do not!

terraricca
    Participant

Ed

THE WORD was a being in heaven ,the son of God ,he is the first creation of God ,this is why he as received that name for God created all things through him THE WORD ,can you not understand that ?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t,

You think the Word was a being.

Is this written?

is the Spirit a being?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed,

The word WAS God.

The word was WITH God.

We will come to you….as the One Spirit.

terraricca
    Participant

Nick

rev;19. tell us that Jesus name is THE WORD OF GOD,

angels are also called sprits

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t,

His name is called the Word of God. Emmanuel.

The Word that was with God was made flesh and dwelt among us.

It is all about the Spirit and not the flesh man who became a vessel for that Spirit.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by Admin.
    terraricca
    Participant

Nick

NO,the one that is with God cannot be God but another

just like John says it ;Jn 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Rev 19:13 He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God.

if you have the spirit of truth you should easily understand this

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t,

There are not two spirits.

The Spirit is one.

terraricca
    Participant

Nick

you are confused ,what I said is true check it out and stop being ignorant

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t,

So others are confused.

Interesting.

kerwin
    Participant

Ed J,

We have discussed this and your view is irrational as you choose to ignore the pronouns used by the AV of the KJV in order to force you viewpoint into Psalm 49:6-9.

Either claim the AV of KJV is corrupt and use a version more friendly to your interpretation or change or your interpretation to be consistent with the AV of the KJV’s words.

Of course once you do that I will point out that it was the human Jesus Christ, who gave his life for all according to 1 Timothy 2:5-7.

Terrarica is having trouble with the words of 1 Timothy 2:5-7 in the NKJV that are equivalent to those in the AV of the KJV.

1 Timothy 2:5-7Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; 6 who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time. 7 Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not;) a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity.

What kind is the one that gave himself as a ransom for all?

In this case the AV of the KJV is correct in both Psalm 49:6-9 and 1 Timothy 2:5-7 but its words disagree with both you and Terrarica.

terraricca
    Participant

Nick

red herring again

kerwin
    Participant

Terrarica,

Test the Spirit of what you believe.

You assume the symbolic figure mentioned in rev:19 is Jesus. He is neither called Jesus or the Christ at any point.

Since it a symbolism you cannot even claim that the construct is a living being.

It could in fact be a personalizing of an idea.

For instance it could be the word that comes out of God’s mouth that is called a faithful and true servant. After all that is what you believe the construct is labeled as.

What is the pros and cons of it being Jesus?

What is the pros and cons of it being the word that comes out of God’s mouth?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Lots of could bes but no faith.

Guesswork for you?

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

There is no guesswork since it is straightforward for anyone that knows English grammar and does not consciously or unconsciously choose to deny what it states.

I believe you, ed, and terrarica all know English grammar.

So unless I am mistaken on that then it is not trouble with English grammar that is causing the difficulty.

My assumption is that you are not consciously deny the truth but instead a defense mechanism has kicked in so that you can resolve it to your current beliefs. The problem arises when you or anyone continues in their unconscious denial.

Scripture declares it was the human Jesus Christ that gave his life for everyone but then you already acknowledge that unlike ed and terrarica.

Since you already acknowledge these Scriptural it follows you have another reason for your words and there is no sense me trying to guess what it is.

Viewing 20 posts - 19,261 through 19,280 (of 25,926 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account