JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 19,221 through 19,240 (of 25,926 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Truth seems to be hidden from you as well.
    Was the entire bible written in parables?

terraricca
    Participant

Kerwin

can you not understand what Paul says ? even his answer you seem not to understand why ?

kerwin
    Participant

Ed,

Truth seems to be hidden from you as well.
    Was the entire bible written in parables?

Enough is that there are those that confuse what is clear with that which is expressed in symbols.

One place is where Jesus interprets a parable.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Kerwin,

You mean like you not knowing what the term “Son of God” means?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Terraricca……YOU SAID GOD WAS NOT ACTUALLY IN THE PERSON, BUT SCRIPTURE SATS HE IS,

Phi 2:13.. FOE IT “is” GOD WHICH WORKS IN YOU BOTH TO WILL AND TO DO OF HIS GOOD PLEASURE.

JESUS SAID
    John 14:10…..Believest you not that I am in the Father “AND” the Father, and the Father “IN” me? The words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: BUT THE FATHER THAT “DWELLS” “IN” ME, “HE” DOES THE WORKS.

TERRARICCA…AND you say God the Father was not ACTUALLY” “IN” JESUS, THE CHRISTOS WHICH IS THE GOD WHOIS SPIRIT, WAS ACTUALLY IN the man JESUS, AND THAT WAS GOD’S VERY PRESENCE “IN” HIM.

WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO SEE AS THOMAS DID WHEN THE LIGHT TURNED ON AND HE SAID” MY lord AND MY GOD.

GOD THE FATHER WAS INTHE WORLD BUT YOU AR NOT SEENING THAT HE ACTUALLY WAS “IN” the man JESUS. Untill you come to see that you haven’t even begun to ubderstand the truth. IMO

peace and love to you and yours………..gene

terraricca
    Participant

Gene

Phil 2:12 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling,
    Phil 2:13 for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose.
    Phil 2:14 Do everything without complaining or arguing,
    Phil 2:15 so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe
    Phil 2:16 as you hold out the word of life—in order that I may boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor for nothing.
    Phil 2:17 But even if I am being poured out like a drink offering on the sacrifice and service coming from your faith, I am glad and rejoice with all of you.
    Phil 2:18 So you too should be glad and rejoice with me.

what did the Philippians had always obeyed ? was it not the words that Paul had show them in the scriptures ?
    is it not the words of God that the bereans were checking at all times for the truth in them ? yes

Jn 14:9 Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?
    Jn 14:10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.

can you not understand what really Jesus was saying to Philip ?

Jn 3:21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God.”

does the above scripture help you to understand it ?

anyone that love God will do what God ask and so God will be in them and it is his written words that bring us to holiness and so to righteousness ,

obedience to God would have prevent Adam to sin and die ,but the words of God were not in him and so he sinned

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t,

Yes God said through his Son that we must be born again.

kerwin
    Participant

Terrarica,

I can sum up all three passages by stating that ever when written plainly the word of God is misinterpreted by those who love to sin because they do not want to come into righteousness. In addition those that hunger and thirst for righteousness will come to know the truth even when it is written in parables because they lover righteousness and hate sin.

I can also words from Peter that agree with those three passage though he speaks of some lessons of Paul’s that are hard to understand but then Paul testifies of that himself. James also address those that misunderstand Paul and yet the same misunderstanding still exists.

My conclusion is some passages of Scripture and those that are perishing misunderstand them. Many in there foolishness throw away the tools God provides to understand these difficult passages.

kerwin
    Participant

Ed,

The term son of God is certainly misunderstood by many though it seems clear as God has not body and therefore no child of it. Instead God is Love and his children are also Love, Love being a spirit and the Spirit being Love.

Another one may well be the statement “God is Spirit” which is translated to mean he is composed of spirit like a ghost or a demon. Since it also states that his people will worship him in Spirit in truth the first use of the word Spirit is not consistent with the second use in that sentence. It is more likely Jesus is paraphrasing the same idea John later voices 1 John 4:8-16 because then the use of spirit is consistent with both being the spirit of Love, which is the sum of the Law.

terraricca
    Participant

kerwin

yes you got it ;

but i would like to know what are the tools God provide us with or able us to have ?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t,

Adam was a normal man who was facing powers beyond his capacity to cope.

He had no awareness of evil and had only known goodness and the blessing of God.

He had no grace and no awareness of sin and it’s consequences. His fall was quite predictable.

Satan chose Adam’s wife to obey him first and the risk of losing her I am sure influenced his decision.

Outside of Christ men are equally vulnerable to evil in high places.

kerwin
    Participant

terrarica,

kerwin

yes you got it ;

but i would like to know what are the tools God provide us with or able us to have ?

They vary though communication is one fairly constant one. Another constant is prayer. Scripture is a tool as is anything that will aid you to understand its message. It is not mandatory to have Scripture but communication with true believers is as close to mandatory as it can get.

Some may have access to a dictionary while others do not. Those that have access will be accountable for how they use or do not use that dictionary while those that have no access will not be held accountable for how they use it or choose not to use it.

terraricca
    Participant

Nick

it is funny that you say those things for the scriptures does not say what you are saying nor imply it ,

you seem to change what Paul is saying ,why are you disagreeing with the scriptures and make your own story about it ?

you like Adam listen to the devil rather than God ,but we know the end of that don’t we ? yes

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Terricca……NO, it was the SPIRIT OF THE LIVING GOD WORKING IN THEM DOING HIS “WORKS” JUST LIKE IT DID IN JESUS.

“KNOW YOU NOT THAT YOU BODY IS THE TEMPLE OF THE LIVING GOD”

Not only are you robing GOD OF “HIS “WORK “IN” US , BUT YOU ALSO DENY HIS PRESENCE AND WORK “IN” JESUS OUR brother and lord.

You seem to not believe that it is GOD HIMSELF THAT “REMOVES THE HARD HEART , AND GIVES US HEARTS OF FLESH, AND HE IS THE ONE WHO WRITES HIS LAWS IN OUR INWARD PARTS, NOT US DOING IT. You are robbing GOD THE FATHER, AND GLORYFYING YOUR HUMAN FLESH.

BUT SCRIPTURE SAY “UNLESS THE LORD BUILDS THE HOUSE , THE WEARY BUILDERS BUILD IN VAIN.

peace and love to you and yours……….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,

You know scripture and even the implications therein?

naah.

terraricca
    Participant

Gene

Terricca……NO, it was the SPIRIT OF THE LIVING GOD WORKING IN THEM DOING HIS “WORKS” JUST LIKE IT DID IN JESUS.

“KNOW YOU NOT THAT YOU BODY IS THE TEMPLE OF THE LIVING GOD”

Not only are you robing GOD OF “HIS “WORK “IN” US , BUT YOU ALSO DENY HIS PRESENCE AND WORK “IN” JESUS OUR brother and lord.

You seem to not believe that it is GOD HIMSELF THAT “REMOVES THE HARD HEART , AND GIVES US HEARTS OF FLESH, AND HE IS THE ONE WHO WRITES HIS LAWS IN OUR INWARD PARTS, NOT US DOING IT. You are robbing GOD THE FATHER, AND GLORYFYING YOUR HUMAN FLESH.

BUT SCRIPTURE SAY “UNLESS THE LORD BUILDS THE HOUSE , THE WEARY BUILDERS BUILD IN VAIN.

peace and love to you and yours……….gene
    =================================================================================

you show that you have no clue of what scriptures are really saying ,and it looks your friend Nick is the same ;all manmade stuff

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,

Your argument is with God and His Holy Spirit who wrote the scriptures.

No wonder you hate His servants

terraricca
    Participant

Nick

so what you imply is that you teach the truth what is laid out in scripture and I do not right ?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t,

It is not about you or I but about being careful with the truth and obeying God’s instructions.

terraricca
    Participant

Nick

hi Nick

well now that you look so much more smarter than me ;please tell me why you don’t believe in the scriptures as they have been written like

Phil 2:6 Who, being in very nature/form of God,(no man ever in the form of God )
    did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
    Phil 2:7 but made himself nothing,(no man was ever above the human race to become nothing or something less than a man;human😉
    taking the very nature of a servant,
    being made in human likeness.
    Phil 2:8 And being found in appearance as a man,
    he humbled himself
    and became obedient to death—(no man ever did this and have been from heaven)
    even death on a cross!
    Phil 2:9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
    and gave him the name that is above every name,
    Phil 2:10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
    in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
    Phil 2:11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
    to the glory of God the Father.

Jn 17:5 And now, Father, glorify me(Jesus) in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.(Jn 1:10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him.)

I can go on for a long time with many scriptures but those are enough to start ;

so prove to us that your faith is not a placebo one ?

and stop your one short phrases answers who are meaningless

you don’t even believe the scriptures as they are written and tell me the things you do but I don’t do that I believe all the scriptures as they are written and meant to be understood

Viewing 20 posts - 19,221 through 19,240 (of 25,926 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account