JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 18,901 through 18,920 (of 25,930 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

Of course TRADITION hates the freedom of the Spirit and will always have to quench it.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Yes. There is a forum called ‘Truth and Tradition’ that allows people to address these concerns. There are lots of topics there.

AndrewAD
    Participant

St Nick,

You say”Of course TRADITION hates the freedom of the Spirit and will always have to quench it.” but of course you also adhere to much TRADITION and call it Spirit too.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 8 months ago by Admin.
    Ed J
    Participant

Ed said, “My finger is me, Nick.”

So, Ed is a finger!

Hi Miia,

Did Ed write this?

“Yes” or “No”?

Ed J
    Participant

…or merely his finger?

Participant
    Participant

Hi T8:

Here is another scripture for your consideration relative to this question:

Ephesians 3

8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

The Greek word translated “by” is “dia”. The definition which would be more in accordance with the scriptures would be the following:

through
    the ground or reason by which something is or is not done

Love in Christ,
    Marty

kerwin
    Participant

Ephesians 3:9Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition (DRA)

9 And to enlighten all men, that they may see what is the dispensation of the mystery which hath been hidden from eternity in God, who created all things:

As you can see it is not consistent between versions. It may be a manuscript difference as the KJ varieties seem to be a paraphrase of what you quoted.

kerwin
    Participant

Marty,

403 Forbidden

You are not allowed to access this page. Possible problems:

Missing index file
    Misconfigured mod_rewrite settings in .htaccess
    Authentication Failure
    Incorrect file or folder permissions

I am using firefox.

Participant

Hi KW:

I am using “google” and it works fine once I re-did it. Thanks for letting me know that it was not working initially.

Participant

KW:

Ephesians 3:9Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition (DRA)
    9 And to enlighten all men, that they may see what is the dispensation of the mystery which hath been hidden from eternity in God, who created all things:
    As you can see it is not consistent between versions. It may be a manuscript difference as the KJ varieties seem to be a paraphrase of what you quoted.

I haven’t looked into the possibility that these verses of scripture do not read the same in other versions, but it is consistent with the scriptures. John 1, 1 John 1, Hebrews 1:3 etc.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Participant

Hi KW:

I usually just use the KJV.   Following is what the commentary by Jamieson, Fausset & Brown states:

created all things by Jesus Christ–God’s creation of the world and all things therein is the foundation of the rest of the “economy,” which is freely dispensed according to the universal power of God [BENGEL]. AS God created “the whole range of things” (so the Greek), physical and spiritual alike, He must have an absolute right to adjust all things as He will. Hence, we may see His right to keep the mystery of world-wide salvation in Christ “hidden in Himself,” till his own good time for revealing it. The oldest manuscripts omit “by Jesus Christ.”

Proclaimer
    Participant

And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Thanks.

Let’s say it is not the correct interpretation. Then how do you explain away these?

Colossians 1:16
    for through him God created everything in the heavenly realms and on earth. He made the things we can see and the things we can’t see–such as thrones, kingdoms, rulers, and authorities in the unseen world. Everything was created through him and for him.

Hebrews 1:2
    but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi T8,

If we are to believe Isaiah 44:24, then Jesus could not be acting
    as God’s helper in helping God create the heavens and the Earth.

Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb,
    I the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone;
    that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;” (Isaiah 44:24)

That is why I postulate: it was because of Jesus’ death on a cross
    that God created the the heavens alone and the earth by himself.

You are of course free to disagree with me, but as you have pointed out in different threads, it is
    a dangerous practice to make claims that go against Scripture. (and in this case it would be Isaiah 44:24)

Proclaimer
    Participant

Read my above post.

Proclaimer
    Participant

That is why I postulate: it was because of Jesus’ death on a cross
    that God created the the heavens alone and the earth by himself.

It is not written anywhere that God created everything for that purpose. What it does say is that God created it for him and through him.

And yes God did all things alone. He did it. But he did it through and for. He still did it though. I might build a tree fort for my son, but I could still be the one to build it alone.

Or I could be a programmer who created a website all alone, but could have used WordPress to do it. There are lot’s of examples I could make here.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi T8,

So alone doesn’t ‘really’ mean alone then right?

Ed J
    Participant

Let’s say it is not the correct interpretation. Then how do you explain away these?

Colossians 1:16
    for through him God created everything in the heavenly realms and on earth. He made the things we can see and the things we can’t see–such as thrones, kingdoms, rulers, and authorities in the unseen world. Everything was created through him and for him.

Hebrews 1:2
    but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe.

Hi T8,

Through Jesus’ death on a cross…
    “For by him (Jesus’ death on a cross) were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are
    in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities,
    or powers: all things were created by him(God), and for him(God):” (Colossians 1:16 )

“having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself;
    by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.” (Col 1:20)

By Jesus’ death on a cross God made the worlds…
    “Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things,
    by whom (Jesus’ death on a cross) also he made the worlds;” (Heb 1:2)

“when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high” (Heb 1:3)

I see Jesus death on the cross as the means of God creating all things alone, and
    by himself. To me “alone” means “alone” and “by myself” means “by myself”
    You want Nick to adhere to what is written, why dismiss Isaiah 44:24?

Proclaimer
    Participant

If I built a tree-fort for my son, then yes I could be the only builder. But if it weren’t for my son, I would not have built it.

Ed J
    Participant

If I built a tree-fort for my son, then yes I could be the only builder. But if it weren’t for my son, I would not have built it.

OK, but how does that dismiss the words “alone” and “by myself”?

Viewing 20 posts - 18,901 through 18,920 (of 25,930 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account