JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 18,881 through 18,900 (of 25,930 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

So it is true then that Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord.

So why oppose me for believing he was the Christ when he was born?

You have come around to this view now?

He was not just a mere man, but was the Christ, the Lord, and the son of God at birth right?

I guess you will say something to the tune of, ‘technically speaking no’ if history is anything to go by.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

Why are you confused?

Every son of Adam is born no matter their appointed role.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 8 months ago by Admin.
    kerwin
    Participant

t8.

Same words but different meanings. Nick is using a different meaning than what you are hearing and thus you misunderstand him.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Definitely not confused guys. Jesus was born the Christ and the Lord. You can’t change that. It already happened. You can only change yourself and your views.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Jesus was made both Lord and Christ. He was born those things and sent into the world to do what those things require. What came first, the utterance of prophecy from a prophet or the prophet?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

You think the plan of God was to anoint a conceptus and then have him wait 30 years unknown as different by his neighbours before RECOGNISING the anointing and sending him on a mission?

Which bible is this in?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Just about every Bible in existence says that he was born the messiah and the king of the Jews, as well as the Lord. And he was baptised by John and the Spirit came down upon him visibly to John, showing John that he was truly the messiah.

John prepared the way for him and he then declared that he must decrease while Jesus would increase.

You can read such things by going to the library and picking any bible at random. However, the Bible is a big book, so you might need Google to find the verses.

There are a number of digital bibles you can refer to. They are linked in the footer of this site. Likewise, Google can help you find a bible. They also have a search function, so you do not have to read the whole book to find these things.

If you have any other queries I am happy to help.

🙂

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

Is sarcasm your final defence?

It would be better to develop listening ears for people care for you.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Nick, scripture is my defense. I have given you the scripture and you are speechless about them.

I rest my case about Jesus being born the messiah with the words of an angel of God. Do I need more defense than that? In case, I give you then a three-fold witness.

But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid; for behold, I bring you good news of great joy which will be for all the people; for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.

Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star when it rose and have come to worship him.”

It is a trustworthy statement, deserving full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, among whom I am foremost of all.

Notice that Christ Jesus came into the world. He didn’t come at his baptism.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

Sorry to disturb your complacency but you often miss the spiritual message.

We all have much to learn.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 8 months ago by Admin.
    Proclaimer
    Participant

Nick this is your quote.

The Messiah has been born.
    https://heavennet.net/forums/topic/is-jesus-the-logos/page/63/#post-809053

These are other quotes:

Hi t8, Acts 2 says the Jesus was made both Lord and Christ. He was named after his birth but you think he was already Lord and Christ when he was born? Why?

Yes, it had been revealed a person that he would not die before he had seen the Lord’s Messiah.

Now there was a man in Jerusalem called Simeon, who was righteous and devout. He was waiting for the consolation of Israel, and the Holy Spirit was on him. It had been revealed to him by the Holy Spirit that he would not die before he had seen the Lord’s Messiah.

Hi T,
    Yes he became the Christ, the Son of the Living God, at the Jordan
    https://heavennet.net/forums/topic/matthew-1347-50/page/13/#post-807768

Actually, he was born Jesus Christ, the Lord, and savoir. He did not become the Christ at the Jordan, he was recognised as such. He was born the Christ as testified by an angel of the living God.

But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid; for behold, I bring you good news of great joy which will be for all the people; for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.

Jesus was born at Bethlehem and reborn from above at the Jordan of the Holy Spirit.
    https://heavennet.net/forums/topic/matthew-1347-50/page/14/#post-808012

Actually Jesus Christ was born at Bethlehem. Jesus Christ came in the flesh. You can say it was Jesus only who is but the vessel to you, but scripture says Jesus Christ.

This is how the birth of Jesus the Messiah came about: His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph,

Of course Jesus was made both Lord and Christ so was not conceived or born as such.
    https://heavennet.net/forums/topic/is-jesus-the-logos/page/49/#post-808401

Again, he was clearly called Jesus Christ and recognised as the Christ and was honoured as the Christ.

When Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea, in the days of King Herod, behold, magi from the east arrived in Jerusalem, saying, “Where is the newborn king of the Jews? We saw his star at its rising and have come to do him homage.” When King Herod heard this, he was greatly troubled, and all Jerusalem with him. Assembling all the chief priests and the scribes of the people, he inquired of them where the Messiah was to be born. They said to him, “In Bethlehem of Judea, for thus it has been written through the prophet:

Now let’s see if your dialogue with me has made you change in any way by taking some of your own quotes and making a comparison.

• Yes he became the Christ, the Son of the Living God, at the Jordan – Nick
    • Jesus was born at Bethlehem and reborn from above at the Jordan of the Holy Spirit – Nick
    • Acts 2 says the Jesus was made both Lord and Christ. He was named after his birth but you think he was already Lord and Christ when he was born? Why? – Nick
    • Of course Jesus was made both Lord and Christ so was not conceived or born as such. – Nick
    • The Messiah has been born – Nick

Hurrah! You accuse of not having the Spirit but now you admit the messiah was born. Although you were not willing and came to this understanding by being dragged kicking and screaming, you got there. You opposed me and accused me day and night and now you admit it is true. Jesus was born the Christ and the Lord. This settles it right? This was never about me denying his baptism at Jordan for I have never done that, it was about you denying that he was born the Christ because you reasoned that the mere man Jesus was not the Christ till the Jordan. I then rightly questioned whether this was an admission from you that Jesus was not the Christ based on what and who you teach Jesus to be.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Or did you mean that Jesus Christ was born at the Jordan and not in Bethlehem?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Nick in an effort to bring this topic into its own, I have created this.

https://heavennet.net/forums/topic/was-jesus-christ-born-in-bethlehem-or-born-at-the-jordan/

Feel free to copy any relevant posts over there, so we can keep this one specifically for “Is Jesus the Logos”.

Much appreciated.

kerwin
    Participant

t8,

Jesus was made both Lord and Christ. He was born those things and sent into the world to do what those things require. What came first, the utterance of prophecy from a prophet or the prophet?

These words are words of denial. The only argument I see is that you claim Scripture means what you want it to mean. It is a very poor argument that often leads to destruction.

kerwin
    Participant

t8,

The word of God comes first. The prophet comes much later. God has had a plan since before the world began and it will prevail.

kerwin
    Participant

t8,

“Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star when it rose and have come to worship him.”

If you take both of the following passages in the same way then Jesus was king when he was born and then he was made king as a result of his obedience even to dying on the cross. That is a broken doctrine.

Philippians 2:8-11New English Translation (NET Bible)

He humbled himself,
    by becoming obedient to the point of death
    —even death on a cross!
    As a result God highly exalted him
    and gave him the name
    that is above every name,
    so that at the name of Jesus
    every knee will bow
    —in heaven and on earth and under the earth—
    and every tongue confess
    that Jesus Christ is Lord
    to the glory of God the Father.

So unless you deny Philippians 2:8-11 your teaching and broken and therefore false. If you deny it then you teaching is still revealed to be false no matter how many times you insist it is true.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

We hope you are feeling better.

Proclaimer
    Participant

These words are words of denial. The only argument I see is that you claim Scripture means what you want it to mean. It is a very poor argument that often leads to destruction.

Kerwin, you can take your concerns to the new topic created specially for this dialogue.

If you have a problem with the scriptures that tell us that Jesus was born the Christ and the King of the Jews at Bethlehem, then you can discuss those concerns there.

We will try and keep this topic about whether Jesus is the Logos or not. Sure sometimes we need to draw on other subjects, but it should be to support the main subject.

This lively topic that has come out of this topic now has its own topic status as it should.

In fact you can copy your post and paste it in the new topic in less than a minute, unless the server is slow.

Look forward to discussing that over there. You can also do that with any other post that concerns you that is related to Jesus Christ being born at Bethlehem.

Thanks.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Thanks for your concern Nick, but I was feeling fine albeit humoured, so you came to the wrong conclusion it seems.

I feel the same today. Good.  God knows. 🙂

Proclaimer
    Participant

So unless you deny Philippians 2:8-11 your teaching and broken and therefore false. If you deny it then you teaching is still revealed to be false no matter how many times you insist it is true.

Kerwin, if you copy this post over to the new topic, I will answer it.

Thanks.

Viewing 20 posts - 18,881 through 18,900 (of 25,930 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account