JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 18,861 through 18,880 (of 25,930 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Ed,

He was not king yet.

According to Paul in Philippians 2 it was only after he gave up his life for others he became king.

On the other hand he was the one foretold to be king

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

The Word is the Spirit of Christ.

The anointing that was with God in the beginning.

The anointing that preceded Jesus and was in the prophets as 1 Peter 1 says.

Ed J
    Participant

“Where is he that is born King of the Jews?
    for we have seen his star in the east,
    and are come to worship him.” (Matt 2:2)

Ed J
    Participant

can you show an anointing prior to his conception and birth?

Hi Nick,

Sure, and here it is…
    “the Spirit of Christ which was in them (the Prophets)” (1 Peter 1:11)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed,

Indeed the anointing on Jesus, called by scripture the Great Prophet, was also in the prophets before Jesus was born.

kerwin
    Participant

Ed,

Are they they not speaking of prophecy?

Scripture does not contradict Scripture so these words of the magi do not contradict Paul’s words in Philippians 2.

Jesus was made Lord and Christ after he laid down his life for the world.

He was foretold to be the Christ.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Thanks Ed J.

Some read these kinds of scriptures and like to correct them. Basically they say, ‘technically speaking…’.

But just because he was a baby, didn’t mean he wasn’t the king. Even in monarchies you can see that children inherited the throne sometimes,  even though they were too young to actually reign. But they were still king.

Jesus was born King of the Jews. He was born the Christ, and he was born the son of God.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Jesus was made Lord and Christ after he laid down his life for the world.

“Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Messiah.”

So you are saying after he was crucified, he was made Lord and Christ. And Nick says he was made Christ at the Jordan.

You have a conflict here already. Think about this, Jesus did not always exist with God but came from God. He was begotten. So of course he was made Lord and Christ, otherwise he would have always been Lord and Christ by reason of existing forever with God. But he was begotten from the Father.

The only one who was never made this or that is God.

But when Jesus was born, he was known as the Christ and the son of God. And the King of the Jews as Ed J points out.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Basically speaking, I agree that he was when he was born, and Nick and Kerwin believe he wasn’t. But scripture says he was, thus I take that stance.

The Bible just doesn’t agree with your view of Jesus Nick and Kerwin. Read these verses carefully. He was and you say he wasn’t.  Simple as that.

Or is that you know more than those who wrote these verses? In which case you are correcting them.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 8 months ago by Admin.
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

Jesus came from God?

Yes all the prophets came from God.

God visited His people in them-all servant vessels.

The anointing on the prophets is what changed them into servants of God.

Participant

Hi t8:

Have you looked at the following Greek interlinear relative to this question?

http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/NTpdf/joh1.pdf

Love in Christ,

Marty

kerwin
    Participant

t8,

1 Samuel 15:17Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

17 And Samuel said, When thou wast little in thine own sight, wast thou not made the head of the tribes of Israel, and the Lord anointed thee king over Israel?

The reason Jesus is called the Christ is that he is the promised king of Israel.

Psalm 23:5Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies:
    thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

God did prepare a “table” for Jesus in the presence of his enemies. Their physical victory over him resulted in the Spiritual defeat of the Emperor of their hearts.

Philippians 2:8-11Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

8 and being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. 9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Wherefore the obedience of Jesus to death on the cross resulted in him exalted by God and being given a name which is above every other name. That name would be Christ, aka Lord of all things in heaven and on earth.

Philippians 2:8-11Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

8 and being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. 9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Nick sees the anointing to both preach the gospel and to do miracles works as the defining one while I see it as more comparative to being anointed priest. It is when he is anointed king that he fulfills God’s promise to David.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

Christ is not a title.

It is a statement that he was an anointed man.

But you find no evidence of an anointing prior to the Jordan

Proclaimer
    Participant

Nick, I have found plenty of evidence that he was born Jesus Christ, thus Jesus Christ came in the flesh. I know that bugs you and you want to change the direction to try and get me to stumble, but he was born the messiah. It bugs you because it doesn’t sit with your view that he was not the Christ for most of his earthly life, only in the last few years.

I feel safe quoting scripture and you can persecute me all you like for believing those scriptures. I feel honored for taking these hits on behalf of Jesus the Christ who was born the messiah and the Lord. I mean, I have nothing personal to gain by showing you these scriptures. My only desire is to let the scripture speak, even if it conflicts with your teachings or anyone else’s. The point of scripture is to correct. But you refuse to even let scripture correct you.

An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. 10 But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people.

Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.”

This alone proves your error Nick and Kerwin. You are saying that this angel of the Lord was technically incorrect. I don’t buy your explanations. This angel spoke on behalf of God himself. So who are you to preach otherwise? Are you really going to continue to try and convince us that you know better?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

You find others in error while enmired in misunderstanding?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Which part is the error Nick? It is the word ‘today’ according to you.

Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord

You teach otherwise to this declaration from an angel of God.

What you are trying your darnedest to get to me to believe is to not believe the angel, but to believe instead that he was not born the savior , the Messiah, or the Lord that day. Rather was born these things on the day of his baptism in the Jordan. But the text doesn’t support your view. It is clear for all to see.

This cannot end well for you Nick if you persist. You will just keep get proven wrong.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

The Angels have spiritual understanding.

Do you?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Please enlighten me Nick.

What is the spiritual meaning of this:

Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord

I take it to mean what it says. Where have I erred?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

The Messiah has been born.

He is yet to be equipped and sent out on his ministry but he has come.

There are no others to compete for his appointed role and God will bring it to fruition despite Herod’s efforts

kerwin
    Participant

Marty,

The link is broken.

Viewing 20 posts - 18,861 through 18,880 (of 25,930 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account