JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 18,781 through 18,800 (of 25,926 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Hi Kerwin,

Do you believe the HolySpirit is God?

kerwin
    Participant

Ed J,

The identity of the Holy Spirit is not the one true God.

The Holy Spirit is the spirit that a believe that a believe receives from God through faith that Jesus i the Christ when they obey Jesus’ teachings and which they walk according to by faith. It is spoken of in Galatians 5:22-23 and in other places.

Ed J
    Participant

Ed J,

The identity of the Holy Spirit is not the one true God.

Hi Kerwin,

Sorry to hear that confession:

Luke 12:10 And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him:
    but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Spirit (speaketh against the Holy Spirit), it
    shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come. (Mt.12:32)

kerwin
    Participant

Ed,

You are misunderstanding that passage as well as those that treat the blood of Jesus as an unworthy thing are those that blaspheme against the Holy Spirit.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed,

Outside of God?

A foolish question.

Is your finger outside of you?

Ed J
    Participant

My finger is me, Nick.

Is the HolySpirit “God”?
    Kerwin says “No”.
    What say you?

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Nick,

I have seen in the past others here on this site ask two and sometimes three part questions
    and then ask me if I agreed with what they said or asked if what they said was correct
    and then demand a “Yes” “No” or “I don’t know” answer or receive a punishment TILE.

I considered that a bit unfair because there were elements to their question that I agreed with,
    and there were also obvious parts that I could not agree with. But my question to you is
    a simple ONE PART question that seems to be causing you much difficulty to answer.

…so instead of you at least making an attempt to answer
    you instead make accusations that my intent is somehow corrupt.
    And like T8 has been trying to explain to you this is not acceptable.

Should we at least try to agree on biblical doctrine?
    God says in Isaiah 1:18 come let us reason together, and the Apostle Paul says:

“that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you;
    but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.” (1Cor 1:10)
    How is this even possible without reasoning together as God suggests we do? The apostle Paul also said:

“be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you” (ref. 1Peter 3:15)

I ask you questions but instead of you at least attempting to answer them as Kerwin has done,
    you instead divert away from the question and then make accusatory comments.
    I pray that this behavior on your part will not continue.

Miia
    Participant

You are kidding Ed. What hypocrisy toward Nick! I’m still waiting for an answer to my simple question. Can you answer yet?

Ed, do you communicate with the Son of God? Why has it taken you so long to answer? If I ask any Christian around me, “do you speak to the Son of God, or just God the Father like the Jehovah Witnesses?” they would say “yes, I do speak to the son of God”. Why can’t you answer? Why has it taken so long?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed,

God is in heaven.

The finger of God extends throughout creation.

When the plan is complete the Spirit of God will inhabit all of creation.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Miia,

My questions to Nick are ones aimed at resolving doctrinal differences.
    What doctrinal question are you trying to resolve? do you believe Jesus is God?

Let me ask you a question: can you tell the difference between God’s voice and that of the Son of God? Or can
    you make the distinction as to whether the voice is instead that of an Angel instead of either God or God’s son?

I believe I can, and these were distinctions that I was trying to
    communicate with you in the “Communicate with spirit” thread,
    but you bailed on me vowing that you’d not discuss this any more.

Now you’re asking me what I believe is a personal question?
    What is the reason you’re asking that particular question?

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Nick,

Does God extend throughout his creation?

Miia
    Participant

What is so personal about the question? I can answer the question: Of course I speak with the son of God. I’m interested in your answer. I suspect you don’t (speak with the son of God), because of your reluctance to answer.

And, when did I bail from your thread? I started a duplicate in your own forum.

Miia
    Participant

The Holy Spirit is God’s presence in Psalm 139.7

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Miia,

Then the HolySpirit is God, correct?

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Miia,

I asked you what is the reason you’re asking that particular question? – To which you did not answer.
    So answering these questions will provide the reason you ask the question. Please fill in the blanks…

What if I said I did? …then what _____________?
    What if I said I didn’t …what then _______________?

Miia
    Participant

Hi Ed,
    God is in heaven, but his presence is here through the son (spirit).

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Miia,

So your not going to answer the question either?

Is the HolySpirit God? “Yes” or “No”?

Miia
    Participant

Ed, to be honest, if you said you did, I would have nothing further to say. If you said you didn’t, I would give you my opinion!

Miia
    Participant

Ed,
    The Holy Spirit is God’s presence on earth while God is in heaven. What is that spirit/ God’s presence if the son of God is the presence/ communicator to us, and the one who takes us to the Father in heaven?

Miia
    Participant

Ed said, “My finger is me, Nick.”

So, Ed is a finger!

Viewing 20 posts - 18,781 through 18,800 (of 25,926 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account