JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 18,761 through 18,780 (of 25,926 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi C,

Should you be posting messages on behalf of God if you do not have the Spirit?

kerwin
    Participant

t8,

I do not agree with this view. Jesus wants to include us too, and your view seems obviously wrong when we are included. There is nothing in scripture that hints that we are the Holy Spirit and I feel that it is likely an insult to God to think this.

There is places where the Holy Spirit is also called a believer, or the group of believers.

John 17:21New English Translation (NET Bible)

21 that they will all be one, just as you, Father, are in me and I am in you. I pray that they will be in us, so that the world will believe that you sent me.

Jesus is praying that believers will be in both him and Spiritually. It is not the believer that is in Jesus and God but the Holy Spirit they have been given by God through faith in Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 2:6New English Translation (NET Bible)

6 and he raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus,

One again, believers are Spiritually raised and seated with both God and Jesus.

Here again the Holy Spirit is called by the name of believers to reveal the Unity of faith.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Nick,

Than you believe that the HolySpirit is “God” correct?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed,

You have a reputation for demanding that folk give answers that fit your boxes.

Is that how you find truth?

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Nick,

That is how you prove all things

“God is Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.” (John 4:2)

“For I the LORD (JEHOVAH) that bringeth you up out of the land of Egypt,
    to be your God: ye shall therefore be holy, for I holy.” (Lev 11:45)

Jesus said: God is Spirit
    God said (to Moses): I Holy

These verses together suggest the HolySpirit is “God” – do you disagree?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed,

No you prove all things by 2cor 13.1

not by cobbling verses together .

Find it written several times.

kerwin
    Participant

Ed,

You are interpreting John 4:2 wrong.

God is the Spirit of Love and the time has come for his people to worship him in the same way.

John teaches us elsewhere that God is love. Love is a spirit. Those that walk according to the Holy Spirit bear the fruit of Love and truth and so worship God.

God is Holy because he walks according to the Holy Spirit. He call the Hebrews to attempt to do the same thing even though they could not receive the Spirit.

Jesus was the first to receive it and obey God by walking according to itfor he has been holy as God is holy.

He instructs those that believe to follow him and be holy as God is holy.

A unity of holiness.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Nick,

“Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph,
    before they came together, she was found with child of the HolySpirit.” (Matt 1:18)

“And the angel answered and said unto her, The HolySpirit shall come upon thee,
    and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also
    that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.” (Luke 1:35)

Child of the HolySpirit is called the Son of God
    means
    the HolySpirit is God

Do you disagree?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

God walks according to His Spirit?.

God is not a man.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed,

The Spirit Is as the finger of God.

No need for spiritual gymnastics.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 8 months ago by Admin.
    Ed J
    Participant

Hi Nick,

The HolySpirit is God – “Yes”?

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

The Holy Spirit is not a human spirit. It is God’s Spirit. Human beings get to partake of it through faith in Jesus Christ.

Unlike humans, God does not have the option to walking according to the flesh.

Be Holy as I am Holy equals walk according to my Spirit as I walk according to my Spirit.

That is why believers are told to put off the old man and put on the new man created like God in true righteousness and holiness. A believe who is walking according to the Spirit is wearing their new man.

kerwin
    Participant

Ed,

Those that receive the Holy Spirit are the children of God.

Jesus’ conception was miraculous as it occurred by the creative power of the Spirit of God. The Spirit of God did not have sex with Mary as she remained a virgin.

Ed J
    Participant

Kerwin,

Please answer

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed,

God could never fit in your puny boxes.

The Spirit is as the finger of God.

Does your finger possess all the nature of you?

The Spirit of God does but God is in heaven as Jesus told us.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Ed,

God could never fit in your puny boxes.

The Spirit is as the finger of God.

Does your finger possess all the nature of you?

The Spirit of God does but God is in heaven as Jesus told us.

Hi Nick,

Are you suggesting the Spirit of God is outside of God?

kerwin
    Participant

Ed,

Kerwin,

Please answer

My point is that there is nowhere in the New Testament God is said to be a spirit being. It does speak of ghosts and calls them spirits though the KJV may translate both words to spirit. After all the church of England did not believe in ghosts at that time.

The answer to the question is God the is Holy is there is no evidence that God is a spirit being.

There is evidence he has the qualities of spirit and he desires his students to worship him with those qualities and with the truth.

The Holy Spirit does gave the qualities of God just like God has the qualities of Love.

You use of form of the “be” verb which renders your question vague ad it could be one of three question you are asking.

1) Does the Holy Spirit have the identity of God?
    2) Does the Holy Spirit have the qualities of God?
    3) Does the Holy Spirit have the condition of God?

I assume you meant #1; please forgive me if I am wrong.

Ed J
    Participant

The answer to the question is God the is Holy is there is no evidence that God is a spirit being.

Hi Kerwin,

God is Holy (Lev.11:45)
    – plus –
    God is Spirit (John 4:24)
    – equals –
    God is HolySpirit (Acts 5:3-4)

Proof…

Luke 12:10 And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him:
    but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Spirit (speaketh against the Holy Spirit), it
    shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come. (Mt.12:32)

Ed J
    Participant

1) Does the Holy Spirit have the identity of God?
    2) Does the Holy Spirit have the qualities of God?
    3) Does the Holy Spirit have the condition of God?

I assume you meant #1; please forgive me if I am wrong.

Hi Kerwin,

I mean all three since you have petitioned identity qualities condition of God into a separated list.

kerwin
    Participant

Ed,

I have not covered the condition because I am unsure what the difference between condition and qualities are. I think the statement God is everywhere is attributing the condition of being everywhere to God. There are sometimes the Spirit of God does not seem to be in places that God is physically present. For example in Scripture we are told that Jesus was given the Spirit of God, which implies it was not already present with him. On the other hand my spirit is always with me so it seems reasonable the Holy Spirit is always with God. In short I am not sure that the statement “the Holy Spirit has condition of God” is true even in a general sense. I know of no place it is directly addressed in Scripture.

The other two questions I have already covered.

If you look at the unity of the Spirit we are told it contains one God, one Lord, and one Spirit as well as the group of believers. In it the Spirit are not considered to have the same identity though all have divine qualities. The Spirit is what united the whole group as does faith though God is the ultimate object of that faith.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 8 months ago by Admin.
Viewing 20 posts - 18,761 through 18,780 (of 25,926 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account