JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 18,701 through 18,720 (of 25,926 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin….makes no diference, whitoutthe true Rock, ou God nothing would count, because he is the only True ROCK, that gives us the revelations in our minds, which in turn makes up our FAITH through the understanding given into our minds, JUST AS HE DID FOR PETER, AND JESUS, IN MAKING THEM “BOTH” , UNDERSTAND WHO EACH OTHER WAS.

But you are right about this topic it is about who was the logos and we should know by know that it was and is God the Father, GOD never made his word seperate from himself, no more that we can make our words seperate from ourselves. Jesus is not “A ANOINTING” he is “THE” ANOINTED ONE. BIG DIFFERENCE IN PERCEPTIONS.

Because if Jesus was “the anointing” himself, then we could only be like him, not like God the Father, scripture says “if the spirit ofhim that raised THE ANOINTED JESUS fromthe dead dwell in us , “he” or it, will “ALSO” bring to life our mortal (dead) bodieds. Same spiritfromthe same GOD, DOING THE “SAME” WORK,IN US. GOD AND “HIS” WORDS ARE ONE AND CAN NOT EVER BE SEPERATED, BUT CAN BE IN ALL AND THROUGH ALL, BUY THAT “SAME” SPIRIT.

peace and love to you and yours. ……..gene

kerwin
    Participant

Gene,

Actually I was confused about the topic we are discussing.

I believe Jesus is the Word that comes out of God’s mouth, i.e. the Logos.

In him the word that comes out of God’s gains the attributes.

Those two concepts are somewhat different.

In a like manner we are taught God is love. He is love because he can only walk according to his own Spirit. That testifies that his own word is in him and written on his heart and mind. That is why you can also say is his word. Jesus fits the statement better because his role in relation to God is that of the very word that comes out of God’s mouth. The Spirit is intrinsic to these things.

kerwin
    Participant

Gene,

Those that walk according to the Spirit will not get a divorce because there would be no reason for a divorce. The exception would be if God commanded them to divorce but I would doubt the used that reason was being honest.

A divorce requires at least one of the couple to walk according to the flesh. I do not read where Jesus commanded anything. Instead he was stating a fact.

It is not sensible for those that walk according to the flesh to be concerned with one sin when they are committing a multitude without concern.

Miia is struggling or she would not have brought up the matter. I have seen a similar struggle in those that are either thinking of or are going through divorce but I do not know what her situation is. All I can say is trust in God. Wait and he will do what is best. Accept is even if it is not what you want.

kerwin
    Participant

Gene,

I do not know what happened but the above post got switched from the What did Jesus actually say thread to this one then my connection to heaven.net went out. Sorry for the mix-up.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

You continue to demean the God of Israel by applying human terms to His nature.

This is gross folly.

Miia
    Participant

Miia is struggling or she would not have brought up the matter. I have seen a similar struggle in those that are either thinking of or are going through divorce but I do not know what her situation is. All I can say is trust in God. Wait and he will do what is best. Accept is even if it is not what you want.

Kerwin, just for the record, (wrong place!), no struggling with anything personal related to that topic. Have never married, and chose to live single, though lived 20 plus years in fornication (one man, but not married), and was led away from that years ago. Never looked back. Was just a topic being discussed elsewhere, and something people should think about these days, if they are going through it.

Miia
    Participant

In a like manner we are taught God is love. He is love because he can only walk according to his own Spirit. That testifies that his own word is in him and written on his heart and mind. That is why you can also say is his word. Jesus fits the statement better because his role in relation to God is that of the very word that comes out of God’s mouth. The Spirit is intrinsic to these things.

So we could say

‘In the beginning was love, love was with God, and love was God.

Love was in the beginning with God. All things were made through love, and without love was not any thing made that was made. In love was life, and the life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. He came as a witness, to bear witness about the light, that all might believe through him. He was not the light, but came to bear witness about the light.

The true light, which gives light to everyone, was coming into the world. He was in the world, and the world was made through him, yet the world did not know him. He came to his own, and his own people did not receive him. But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.”

In that case, what is the life, and the light?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Miia,

The Spirit.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

I am instructed not to answer a fool according to his foolishness but instead answer him according to the wisdom of God. I do not know if I am qualified and I have answered you on this issue already.

kerwin
    Participant

Miaa,

Thank you for letting me know of your situation. I am glad you are not be tested in that way. Sorry about posting in the wrong topic.

kerwin
    Participant

Miia,

As long as everything is true then love can be swapped for the word in John 1. The word that comes of of God’s mouth is a more generic concept than love is so John was making a broader relation between God and Jesus than just love.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

But you are qualified to judge God by human measures?

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

I have no idea what you are speaking about. I do know that what I said aligns with Scripture. I can explain how I arrived at it but I do not think that is truly necessary as you have more understanding of Scripture as your autonomous reflective response base a false teaching you were indoctrinated in reveals.

If you desire an explanation for something I said then please let me know what that was.

Miia
    Participant

The Spirit.

Hi Nick,

So, the life and light was, and is, the Spirit, you believe.

The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. He came as a witness, to bear witness about the light, that all might believe through him. He was not the light, but came to bear witness about the light.

The true light, which gives light to everyone, was coming into the world. He was in the world, and the world was made through him, yet the world did not know him. He came to his own, and his own people did not receive him. But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.”

Jesus, before walking with men in the flesh, pre-existed as Spirit, not flesh, of course.

Spirit became flesh, “and dwelt among us”.

Genesis:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.

Jesus:I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness”.

Miia
    Participant

Thank you for letting me know of your situation. I am glad you are not be tested in that way. Sorry about posting in the wrong topic.

No problem Kerwin. Thanks.

Miia
    Participant

As long as everything is true then love can be swapped for the word in John 1. The word that comes of of God’s mouth is a more generic concept than love is so John was making a broader relation between God and Jesus than just love.

I believe that God is love, and words are unnecessary for that love. Flesh is unnecessary also, but spirit is necessary, and God is spirit. So, love and spirit are necessary, but words and flesh are not. (Don’t know where that fits in but, just came to mind)

Miia
    Participant

“All things have been handed over to me by my Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.”

So, nobody knew the Son except the Father, and nobody knew the Father except the Son.

Jesus said it is He who reveals the Father to whom he chooses.

7But we impart a secret and hidden wisdom of God, which God decreed before the ages for our glory. 8None of the rulers of this age understood this, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. 9But, as it is written,

“What no eye has seen, nor ear heard,
    nor the heart of man imagined,
    what God has prepared for those who love him”—

10these things God has revealed to us through the Spirit. For the Spirit searches everything, even the depths of God. 11For who knows a person’s thoughts except the spirit of that person, which is in him? So also no one comprehends the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 12Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might understand the things freely given us by God. 13And we impart this in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit, interpreting spiritual truths to those who are spiritual.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hi t8,

Acts 2 says the Jesus was made both Lord and Christ.

He was named after his birth but you think he was already Lord and Christ when he was born?

Why?

Because ‘SCRIPTURE’.

• Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord.
    • This is how the birth of Jesus the Messiah came about: His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph,
    • When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.
    • It had been revealed to him by the Holy Spirit that he would not die before he had seen the Lord’s Messiah.

Right there in scripture for us to read. Jesus was born as the messiah and Lord and I believe it.

kerwin
    Participant

t8,

Jesus was not Lord of all things in heaven and on earth until he was resurrected from the dead so he could not literally be Christ, as in king, until that time. Still Scripture states that when he entered the world God instructed all of his angels to do him homage. That tells us he was the heir appointed to be king; even at that time.

Proclaimer
    Participant

kerwin. In other words you do not believe these verses:

• Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord.
    • It had been revealed to him by the Holy Spirit that he would not die before he had seen the Lord’s Messiah.

Let’s be honest. If you wrote this, it would be different.

• Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he will be the Messiah, the Lord.
    • It had been revealed to him by the Holy Spirit that he would not die before he had seen the one who would later become Lord’s Messiah.
Viewing 20 posts - 18,701 through 18,720 (of 25,926 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account