JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 18,321 through 18,340 (of 25,926 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

AndrewAD,

John 14:6English Standard Version (ESV)

6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

There is only one way to God and that is through the human mediator Jesus Christ. The mediatior is not God, an angel, or anything else but a human being.

1 Timothy 2:5-6English Standard Version (ESV)

5 For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man[a] Christ Jesus, 6 who gave himself as a ransom for all, which is the testimony given at the proper time.
    Footnotes:

1 Timothy 2:5 men and man render the same Greek word that is translated people in verses 1 and 4

Gene does not have the attribute of being the way because he is not the human that God appointed to that position.

Those that a true student-adherents of Christ may become the truth and life but only as proxies for Jesus Christ. After all they speak the gospel which is the truth and in that gospel is the life of humanity. Before they reach that stage they must learn to refrain from claiming to be teachers as they are not qualified.

terraricca
    Participant

AndrewAD,

Dear Terra,

Read and contemplate Hebrews chapter 1 from the Book you worship.

——————————————————–

need more details ;I don’t like to play hide and seek

terraricca
    Participant

kerwin

That is part of it but not all of it as many claim they believe Jesus is the Christ but the Jesus they profess is not the Jesus Peter called the Christ, the chief son of God.

—————————————————–

I don’t care what people do with what is written ;but what is written is what counts to be the truth and so what I told you is the truth ,for what people do or think does not change God’s ways

kerwin
    Participant

Terraricca,

Have you looked up what the gospel is in Scripture?

Be careful not to add or subtract from it.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

AndrewAD. …….let let JESUS TELL YOI, “why callest “me good” , there is “only” ONE THAT IS GOOD, AND THAT IS GOD”.

THERE YOU HAVE IT AndrewAD, question is do you believe JESUS OR NOT?

IF WE LIVE THE WAY JESUS DID AND SPEAK THE SAME WORDS AND DO THE SAME Things we have also become the way, and the truth, and the life. Why do you continually try to seperate Jesus from you own idenity with him? , is it not because you have bought into exactly what Satan wants you to, that is to believe Jesus was a God and not truley a human being just as we are? You will never become as JESUS IS UNLESS YOU CONNECT WITH HIM AS A REGULAR HUMAN BEING, YOU ARE PUSHING HIM AWAY FROM YOURSELF WHEN YOU DENY HIS HUMANITY. IMO

peace and love to you and yours. …………gene

terraricca
    Participant

K

the kingdom is on hand, for God has send his son to bring back what was lost ,

kerwin
    Participant

Terrarica,

There is this as well.

Luke 4:18-20English Standard Version (ESV)

“The Spirit of the Lord is upon me,
    because he has anointed me
    to proclaim good news to the poor.
    He has sent me to proclaim liberty to the captives
    and recovering of sight to the blind,
    to set at liberty those who are oppressed,
    to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”

terraricca
    Participant

Kerwin

the holy spirit and the miracles have been done by God according to his will ,not according the will of those that believe ,

so those things are only part of those that preach the truth in the early times ,but God did not do many miracles through any man lately nor have I seen any with the holy spirit ,I am aware many claim to have it but have little to show of it ,

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Whosoever that believes in me, greater works then these shall he do, because i go to him who sent me. Why would Jesus say that if it were not true? I wonder how many truly believe that? How many have made Jesus different then they are and moved their idenity with him as someone different then a human being just as they are, and as a result do not have the faith in God as he did, and have limited their connection wirh God the Father. No wander Jesus said ” when the son of man comes will he find FAITH on the earth.

I doubt it because we don’t see the mircales being done today as when Jesus was on the earth. Satan’s plan, “the doctrine of seperation” has worked well. Most All people have moved their idenity with Jesus, as being exactly as themselves, to someone who is completely different then they are, and therby have not the same FAITH IN GOD THE FATHER AS HE DID AND AS A RESULT. Complete and total Faith in God the Father is the key as Jesus’s Faith was in God, so must ours be. To replace God the Father with Jesus is a terrible mistake in which all christanity has fallen. IMO

Peace and love to you all yours………………gene

AndrewAD
    Participant

Dear Kerwin,

Jesus is God,an angel and a human,which makes him fit to be a mediator. All these interpretations come from scripture,so some deny one or the other to make another stick in their own thinking.

AndrewAD
    Participant

Dear Terra,

I play no games of hide and seek with you but you may well play them in your own mind concerning the scriptures. I need not quote Hebrews one to you for you know well how to open a bible and read it.You can of course explain/interpret away the verses claiming Jesus to be God as you like as I too have done before.

kerwin
    Participant

AndrewAD,

That is not what Scripture states.

Here is what it states:

1 Timothy 2:5Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

It literally states that Jesus has been a human being the whole time he has been in heaven.

Acts 2:22Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:

Here Scripture literally teaches us Jesus was a human being during his mortality.

There are some that teach Scripture implies Jesus is an angel or God but they contradict what Peter and Paul literally taught. These individuals “wrest” what is written in order to support their perceptions. One of these claim that Jesus is two beings at once even though that is an absurd claim while another claims Jesus transformed to a being with a body composed of “spirit” even though it not written and Scripture declares he is a human being, even as he dwells in heaven.

I instead choose to believe these people have misinterpreted Scripture, Scripture is not broken, and it speaks the truth when it states Jesus is human both during and after his mortality.

terraricca
    Participant

AndrewAD,

you haven’t yet show that which is true in scriptures ,I not sure that you ever will ,we will see

• This reply was modified 8 years, 11 months ago by Admin.
    AndrewAD
    Participant

Dear Gene,

I don’t try to separate myself from Christ by what you call the “doctrine of separation” but realize I’m not what he supposedly was unless I call myself a god or little god as Christ was too.You know the claims of St Johns gospel make him more than a man in his earthly walk,unless you want to say John’s gospel really applies to a non-earthly,risen or even symbolic mythical Christ,as some do.

You speak of none having faith to do miracles as Christ did because of unbelief but if that be true then we are all in the same boat of unbelief. Do you claim to do greater works Gene? I don’t and have given up on trying to do so too! oh no am I an unbeliever now or just a regular believer instead of a deceived stooge as I was in the charismatic brood of liars? I’d rather be a normal person than one of those lying idiots.

And even the synoptics make him out as more than a prophet or normal man. Have you tried walking on water yet Gene? oh where is your faith? and in time of emergency I’m sorry to say you’ll fail too as others have done to their earthly demise.

kerwin
    Participant

AndrewAD,

You know the claims of St Johns gospel make him more than a man in his earthly walk,unless you want to say John’s gospel really applies to a non-earthly,risen or even symbolic mythical Christ,as some do.

I see where you can see it that way but he is a human being that was first chosen to receive and live by the Spirit and through whom all others receive and live by the Spirit and so his connection to God is superior to every other human being but nevertheless he is still a human being.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Andrew,

CHRIST means anointing.

That should help you understand.

Now the word applies to the man one with the anointing

Jesus Christ

AndrewAD
    Participant

Dear Terra,

You say”you haven’t yet show that which is true in scriptures ,I not sure that you ever will ,we will see”  so you think you have somehow? that’s only opinion.

What is your problem with what I say in quoting the Nicene creed? Kerwin already showed how Jesus is light from light and Heb 1 shows Jesus is God from God. Don’t take me wrong because I am not a trinitarian  but do acknowledge what the bible says.And that just may not agree with your pet verses.

So let’s see and let you as the pope correct me please if I and your bible are wrong.

Hebrews 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Hebrews 1:9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Hebrews 1:10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

So why does this author or God or the Holy Spirit choose to call the Son God here? is he a heretic? he even claims the Son laid the foundation of the earth and the heavens are the work of his hands.

Ok so please explain that away for me? how is it not true according to you?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi AD,

As Jesus pointed out God calls men gods

What was your point?

AndrewAD
    Participant

Oh how convenient for you to say Nick so I guess I have the throne of God and laid the foundation of the earth myself.It’s nice to know and i give myself a pat on the back for it.

terraricca
    Participant

AndrewAD

​ Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world. He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power. After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, having become as much superior to angels as the name he has inherited is more excellent than theirs.
    For to which of the angels did God ever say,
    “You are my Son,
    today I have begotten you”?
    Or again,
    “I will be to him a father,
    and he shall be to me a son”?
    And again, when he brings the firstborn into the world, he says,
    “Let all God’s angels worship him.”
    Of the angels he says,
    “He makes his angels winds,
    and his ministers a flame of fire.”
    But of the Son he says,
    “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever,
    the scepter of uprightness is the scepter of your kingdom.
    You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness;
    therefore God, your God, has anointed you
    with the oil of gladness beyond your companions.”
    And,
    “You, Lord, laid the foundation of the earth in the beginning,
    and the heavens are the work of your hands;
    they will perish, but you remain;
    they will all wear out like a garment,
    like a robe you will roll them up,
    like a garment they will be changed.
    But you are the same,
    and your years will have no end.”

Paul talks about the son god and the God and father of his son god ,you seem lost

Viewing 20 posts - 18,321 through 18,340 (of 25,926 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account