JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 18,301 through 18,320 (of 25,926 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

I have given three reasons so far, along with citing Scriptural references,
    why “The Word” cannot be Jesus Christ – but is utterances pertaining to God.

Hi Ed J. Let’s try rewording your sentence by changing two parts.

why “The Truth” cannot be Jesus Christ – but is an attribute of God.

Colossians 1:15-16
    He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities– all things have been created through Him and for Him.…

Think about this scripture. If God is invisible, then we can know God by his attributes such as love, light, truth, logos, wisdom, etc.

But if the son is the image of the invisible God, then he is all these attributes in person. While he is not God himself, he expresses God in full.

You cannot say that he is NOT the Word of God, just as you cannot say he is not the Truth.

AndrewAD
    Participant

why “The Word” cannot be Jesus Christ – but is utterances pertaining to God.

Dear Ed, thy reasons pertain only to certain fleshly understandings,but the logos”God” declareth it became flesh from heaven in form of Christ.Now this Christ hath indeed returned from which he came and after the flesh none knows him anymore.He was and is now God from God and light from light.

AndrewAD
    Participant

If the word of God is supposed truth and Jesus claims he is the truth,then is he not claiming to be the logos? you who deny it do so for good cause because you realize by claiming such Jesus says he’s God.

If the truth is God and Jesus is the truth then that makes him God as well.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

AndrewAD. …Wrong. if you quote the word of God those words would be true ,butyou certenly are not a God now are you?.

Jesus said “Clearly” , “the words i am telling you are “NOT MY WORDS”,BUT THE WORDS OFHIM WHO SENT ME. Jesus also said “why call me good there is only “ONE” that is good and that is GOD. IF he were a God then he would have not said that right? Common sense AndrewAD.

Come out of your false indoctrination into the light. JESUS IS NOT A GOD NEVER WAS AND NEVER WILL BE EITHER. IMO

peace and love to you and yours. ……………gene

terraricca
    Participant

AndrewAD

He was and is now God from God and light from light.

————————————-
    any scriptures for this claim ?

kerwin
    Participant

AndrewAD,

Why don’t you believe that Jesus was the light of the world during his mortality (John 9:5) but his student-adherents are also the light of the world. (Matthew 5:14)

terraricca
    Participant

k

IN WHAT SENSE WAS jESUS THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD ?

kerwin
    Participant

Terrarica,

Jesus lived and preached the gospel while he was in the world while John the Baptist did not. Jesus’ student-adherents also preached and lived the gospel while they were in the world.

terraricca
    Participant

K

what is the good news (gospel)?

kerwin
    Participant

terrarica,

What the gospel is, is debated by many. Some also seek to water it down to make it more acceptable to many. We debate it on this site quite often.

terraricca
    Participant

K

but I don’t ask them ,I have ask you the question so you answer it ,

kerwin
    Participant

Terrarica,

I have already shared it with you previously.

Here is a part of it.

In the gospel is the promise of receiving and walking according to the Spirit of God. That promise is received by faith and accomplished by faith that Jesus is the Chris, the chief son of God’s Spirit. (Romans 1:7 and 3:22)

terraricca
    Participant

K

is that all ?

kerwin
    Participant

Terrarica,

That is only part of the message. You have to believe in both God and Jesus Christ or the rest is useless.

You must make Jesus your Lord, which is to say obey him in all ways.
    You must also believe that he speaks the truth and will honer each and every one of his promises.

Without that you cannot expect anything from God.

There is more to the message.

Jesus also called people, but repenting is part of making Jesus your Lord.

terraricca
    Participant

Kerwin

Jesus good news was the truth of his coming the Messiah for the Jews have been waiting for him so long ,Jesus was the true christ for he fulfilled all the scriptures

AndrewAD
    Participant

Dear Gene,

It isn’t I claiming to be the Way and Truth,the Resurrection and Life,or Flesh from Heaven is it? why ask me such? are you all that Gene? But the Jesus of St John claims to be so your real problem is with him and not me.You claim he ain’t no good as it says in Matthew but want to believe John too? please tell me how heavenly flesh is not good,or the logos which is God,or the way,truth and life? if he isn’t any good then why claim to be a Christian? Do you really need him at all? If he’s not a god or God then you don’t need him.

AndrewAD
    Participant

Dear Terra,

Read and contemplate Hebrews chapter 1 from the Book you worship.

AndrewAD
    Participant

Precious Kerwin,

“Why don’t you believe that Jesus was the light of the world during his mortality (John 9:5) but his student-adherents are also the light of the world.”(Matthew 5:14)

Did I ever deny that?

kerwin
    Participant

AndrewAD,

He was and is now God from God and light from light.

I may have misunderstood these words.

The light from light can also be applied to the student adherents of Christ. It has nothing to do with being God though it does have something to do with the gospel of Christ since John the Baptist was not the light of the world.

kerwin
    Participant

Terrarica,

Kerwin

Jesus good news was the truth of his coming the Messiah for the Jews have been waiting for him so long ,Jesus was the true christ for he fulfilled all the scriptures

That is part of it but not all of it as many claim they believe Jesus is the Christ but the Jesus they profess is not the Jesus Peter called the Christ, the chief son of God.

Viewing 20 posts - 18,301 through 18,320 (of 25,926 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account